- » Low Fat Indian
Low Fat Indian Recipes
Enjoy our collection of low fat indian recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for low fat indian recipes.
Baked Vegetable Cutlet
In a mood of making cutlets, then you should surely check this out. The Chef shows how to make these tasty cutlets which are baked and not fried. They are easy to prepare and a mouth watering appetizer. You can serve the cutlets with chutney or ketchup. - 133.408
Indian Peas Pulao
Want to serve an Indian delicacy today? Give this Indian Peas Pulao a try. The dish is a superb blend of ingredients that impart this dish a distinct flavor. This recipe is just too good to be missed. - 128.611
Indian Fish Kebab
Indian cuisine is very diverse and there are many ways to make one dish. Watch this video recipe to learn how to make these Indian Fish Kebabs at home. It is a simple recipe and it resembles fish cakes. - 120.491
Basmati Rice With Low Fat Chicken Tikka Masala
Chicken tikka masala with basmati rice is a delicious main course dish. The video here shows how to make it and that too by making it with low fat ingredients. Have a look at the video and treat your family and friends with this amazingly delicious low fat... - 119.983
Jeera Matar Pulao
Jeera Matar pulao is the most famous version of rice with vegetables in Indian houses as well as restaurants. In this video the chef shows how easy it is to stir up this recipe and how delightfully delicious it looks when ready. Trust me it tastes even better... - 119.592
Spicy Aloo Shimla Mirch
Potatoes team up well with almost any other vegetable. Here is a video showing how to make a dry curry using capsicum with potatoes along with some common Indian seasonings. Good to accompany rotis or rice! - 116.826
Indian Masoor Dal Khichdi
If you want to make a quick nutritious meal, then khichdi is always the best choice. It is made of Whole Masoor dal which is rich in protein. To make this dish more nutritious, add mixed veggies of your choice.This is also healthier and tastier dish that can... - 114.114
Mixed Vegetable Sabji In The Pressure Cooker
Sabji or shaak is a must-have side dish in any vegetarian Indian meal and is a quick and easy way to include veggies in your diet. Watch Bhavna make a Indian-style mixed vegetable sabji which takes just 5 minutes to make in the pressure cooker. It is a great... - 110.704
Frozen Chappati/roti/parantha Recipe(homemade - Low Fat)
This recipe is a keeper,that is if you spend good money on store bought ones.We don't eat much frozen food but I just like the idea of pre-cooked meals saves ample amount of time,which as a new mom I have to agree ,is hard to find. Hence,Greenhouse cuisine... - 109.435
Traditional Cucumber Raita
If you're looking for the perfect recipe of Traditional Cucumber Raita, then look no further. The Chef explains how to make Cucumber Raita in the video. You can always add other vegetables to the yogurt besides cucumber. So, surely check out the video. - 108.686
Those of you who are looking for the recipe of Raita, will find this very useful. The Chef shows how to make Vegetable Raita. It's very easy to make and goes well with biryani or pulao. - 107.813
Melon And Arugula Salad
Looking for an exotic salad recipe for the upcoming dinner event, here is a recipe just right for the occasion. Check out Aarsi showing how to make arugula watermelon salad with fresh arugula leaves and diced watermelon as the key ingredients. Refreshingly... - 106.529
Indian Spicy Spinach And Potato Curry
Want to prepare your spinach with a little twist? Try making Indian Spicy Spinach and Potato Curry with chef Pallavi in the video. The recipe calls for a few simple Indian Spices and its easy to prepare. Pallavi has some tips for twisting the recipe a little... - 103.521
Low Fat Carrot Halwa
1. Wash, wipe and grate the carrots.
2. In a bowl take carrots and add in the milk, microwave for 6 minutes.
3. Take out the mixture from the microwave, add in the butter mix well and microwave for 6 more minutes.
4. Remove from... - 101.483
Chicken And Mango Wrap
Have you ever felt helpless when you have guests over and you don't know what to serve them? Me too, until I saw this Chicken and Mango wrap which made my life so easy around the kitchen. The best part is that you can use any meat or fruit and it still tastes... - 100.961
Classic Indian Karhi
Want to pep up something light but delicious Indian recipe in your kitchen? Try the recipe for Indian karhi or yogurt soup. The chef here prepares the mild spicy version of yogurt soup; spiciness can be varied as per preference. The mild version is great with... - 100.739
How To Cut A Carrot
You should have these carrot cutting tips, before you start using carrots in your recipes. In this video, experienced chef Hari demonstrates various techniques to peel and cut the carrots. These tricks are for you to learn. - 91.0986
Indian Baigan Bharta
Baigan Bharta is a popular Indian dish, which requires very less time to cook.Watch this video here to know how to make this flavorful and delicious dish! - 87.6782
The exotic flavors of Indian cuisine all wrapped into one. A popular Indian dish, the Tandoori Pomfret is all about the Indian condiments and spices that make your fish real delicious. Savor the subtle flavor and juicy taste of the Tandoori pomfret marinated... - 53.9607
This is a type of rasam or soup which can be had with plain white rice. - 50.5822
1. In a large heavy skillet or stock pot, heat the oil over moderate heat
2. Add and sauté the onion, garlic and carrot just until vegetables are limp.
3. Add the remaining ingredients except for water and sauté lightly just until the flavors are... - 50.571
Aloo Bhujia is a delicious combination of vegetables cooked in an array of Indian spices. Highly spiced, the dish is cooked initially with ghee and combines the flavors of onions, chillies, garlic and ginger. - 50.5053
Tomato And Ridge Gourd Soup
Heat oil in a large pan over moderate heat.
Add onions and saute for 2-5 minutes till honey-coloured.
Add garlic, oregano and coriander powder and stir for 1 minute to draw out flavours.
Stir in tomatoes and ridgegourd, cover pan and simmer over very low heat... - 50.5002
Spicy Marigold Rice
1. In a small skillet, put together cinnamon stick, cloves, and cardamom pods.
2. Over medium heat, heat them for 2 minutes to release flavors; occasionally shaking the pan.
3. Remove the skillet from heat.
4. In a 5-inch square of cheesecloth,... - 50.0463
Fennel Flavored Stuffed Mushrooms
Place water in 1-cup measure.
Microwave at High for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes, or until water boils.
Place bulgur in small bowl.
Add boiling water.
Cover and let stand 1 hour to soften.
Drain and press out excess moisture.
Remove stems from... - 50.0281
Ginger Celery Curry
1. In a small bowl or a cup, prepare a slurry by combining soy flour with ¼ cup water.
2. In a skillet or a non stick saucepan, heat oil over a medium high flame.
3. When the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds and allow them to... - 49.974
This okra roast is a very tasty snack. Simple with okra in onion and cashew crispy bites are a definite try. Enjoy!!! - 49.9145
Indian Style Turkey
1) In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of chicken broth and sauté onion, celery and garlic in it for 3-5 minutes until onions begin to color and liquid evaporates.
2) Stir in turkey and sauté for 5 minutes until turkey loses its pink color.
3)... - 49.7204
Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a steamer.
Place apple, cauliflower, carrots, and broccoli in a steamer basket or colander and cover steamer.
Steam about 5 minutes.
Add red pepper, onion, peas, and tomatoes.
Steam for 3 more minutes.
Place curry powder,... - 49.402
Dal Plain Curry
This Dal plain curry is a simple, quick and tasty dish. enjoy! - 49.2549
Heat water or broth in a large skillet or heavy pot.
Add onions, ginger, thyme, marjoram, parsley, basil, dill, and turmeric.
Cook and stir onions and spices for 5 minutes, adding liquid as needed.
Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
Add... - 48.8733
A yummy traditional Indian rice kheer recipe (rice pudding). The quick and easy to make kheer is rice simmered and cooked in milk and an array of rich ingredients. Just the dessert you need to complete your Indian meal menu. - 48.6463
Low-fat Matar Paneer
Cut the paneer into 3/4-inch cubes and set aside.
Heat the oil in a nonstick pan over medium heat.
Add the onions and stir-fry until golden brown.
Stir in the garlic and ginger pastes and fry for another 30 seconds.
Add all the dry spices and tomatoes and... - 48.4614
Asparagus Shrimp Soup
Everyone likes asparagus and this unusual combination of asparagus with shrimp and mushroom makes an unforgettable soup - 48.2565
Garlic Rice And Pasta
In 3-quart casserole, combine margarine, rice and spaghetti.
Microwave at High for 4 to 7 minutes, or until spaghetti is golden brown, stirring after first 2 minutes, then after every minute.
Stir in remaining ingredients, except parsley.
Microwave at... - 47.9277
1. Wash carrots and cut into long thin strips.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil, add carrots and sautÃ© in oil with little water until nearly tender.
3. Transfer the carrots to a plate.
4. In the same skillet, place ginger, garlic,... - 47.8194
Chutney comes from the Hindu word "chatni," meaning "for licking" as in savoring or relishing an appetizing flavor or pleasing taste.Chutneys are exotic in taste without the fat.They may also be called relish,salsas, dips. Chutneys offer a burst of flavor. No... - 47.7997
Indian Flat Bread
1. Coat a medium bowl with cooking spray.
2. Preheat the oven to 450°F
3. In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and soda, stirring well.
4. Add yogurt, egg and milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened and a... - 47.6275
Curried Lentils And Rice
1. In a large heavy skillet or stock pot, combine the lentils, broth/water and salt.
2. Place on a medium high flame and bring to a boil skimming off the scum .
3. Reduce the heat and let the lentils simmer for 20 minutes.
4. In the mean time, in a... - 47.5851
To make the cake put all the ingredients, except the almonds in a mixing bowl.
Beat thoroughly until the mixture is thick and pale.
Pour into a greased 23 cm - 9" square cake tin.
Bake for 1.5 hours until firm and golden brown.
Remove the cake from the oven... - 47.4702
Lentil Rice Salad
1) Wash the lentils well and drain them.
2) In a saucepan, with the uncooked lentils combine 2 cups of water.
3) Bring to boiling and reduce heat.
4) Simmer, covered and cook for about 5 minutes.
5) Add rice and simmer for 15 minutes more.
6) Remove... - 47.2914
stuffed vegetable in jalapeno and used as side dish or main vegetable dish - 47.0568
Curried Cauliflower Soup With Lime
1. Chop the cauliflower florets coarsely and keep aside.
2. In a saucepan, heat the oil over moderate heat.
3. Add the onions and garlic to the oil
4. Saute the vegetables for about 3 minutes, until softened.
5. Add the curry powder... - 47.0324
1. Soak black gram and rice separately.
2. Grind gram to a smooth, frothy paste.
3. Grind rice to a finely ground semolina consistency. Add salt and water to form a pouring consistency. Keep aside for 8 to 12 hours.
1. Boil potatoes. Peel and dice.
2.... - 46.831
Mixed Vegetable Curry
Mash salt and garlic together.
Melt butter or margarine in a large saucepan.
Add carrots, onion and salt-garlic mixture.
Stir and heat through.
Add coriander, turmeric, ginger and cayenne pepper; stir.
Add 1/2 cup water and cover.
Cook over low heat about 10... - 46.8102
1) Brush the inner surface of an electric slow cooker lightly with butter.
2) In a medium saucepan, gently sclad the skim milk.
3) Stir in the honey and molasses.
4) In a small bowl, mix the cornmeal, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and... - 46.7707
Broiled Fish Roll Ups
1. Preheat broiler.
2. In a saucepan combine onion, celery and water, bring to a boil, cover and simmer until vegetables are tender.
3. Mix bread crumbs, salt, pepper, spinach and thyme well, adding liquid to moisten if necessary.
4.... - 46.7448
Tomato Soup With Yogurt
In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
Add onions and saute for 2 to 3 minutes or until translucent.
Add garlic and flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Pour in stock and heat to boiling, stirring well to combine flour and liquid.
Add... - 46.3931
Spicy Black Eyed Peas
1) In a small bowl, prepare the raw seasoning by combining all the ingredients. Place aside.
2) In a medium saucepan, add oil to heat over moderately high heat, for cooking the peas.
3) Add cumin seeds in hot oil and cook for 10... - 46.363
Savory Plum Conserve
1. In a large heavy pot, put together all the ingredients.
2. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat.
3. Simmer uncovered for 1 hour; slightly mash the plums with the back of a spoon.
4. Stir occasionally.
5. Keep aside for cooling to... - 46.3213
Greens Dal Curry
This Greens dal curry is very healthy and tasty to be had with rice or chapati. Try and enjoy! - 46.127
Indian Vegetable Casserole
1) Combine together the beans, peas, carrots and boiling water to cover the vegetables in a bowl.
2) Cover the bowl and allow it to stand for about 10 minutes. Drain.
3) In a casserole, heat the oil and sautÃ© the onions for about 10 minutes.
4) Mix... - 46.048
Rishta Lentil And Spinach Soup
1) Wash and pick the lentils.
2) Take a saucepan and combine lentils with water. Cook for about 15 minutes.
3) In the meantime, take another pan and heat oil in it. Add onion and saute until it turns light brown in color.
4) Add the... - 46.0351
Combine chilled vegetables.
Combine remaining ingredients for dressing.
Just before serving, combine slaw and dressing; toss lightly.
Serve in leafy cabbage bowl, if desired: Select a large cabbage head with curling leaves.
Loosen leaves and spread out, petal... - 45.7915
Orange Curd And Plum Puddings
1. Preheat the oven to 200 °C/ 400° F/Gas Mark 6. Lightly oil a 20.5 cm/8 inch round cake tin. Cook the plums with 2 tablespoons of the light brown sugar for 8-10 minutes to soften them, remove from the heat and reserve.
2. Mix together the lemon rind,... - 45.5963
Baked Palak Paneer
My friend gave me this Baked Palak Paneer Recipe. This is a simple and easy vegetable recipe. It is included as a main dish in Indian lunch and dinner menu. Baked Palak Paneer goes well with pulao, but it can also be eaten with paratha or poori. It is a good... - 45.4724
Grind all the masala ingredients with water to a fine paste.
Boil the cucumber with water until soft. Add curry leaves, salt and ground paste and bring it to boil for
Remove form the heat.
When it becomes cool add yogurt and mix... - 45.4125
IF USING dried chickpeas, place in medium pan.
Cover with water and oil.
Bring to the boil, partially cover and cook on medium heat 2 1/2 hours or until tender.
(Chickpeas will cook in about 30 minutes in a pressure cooker.)
1.Pour chickpeas into... - 45.3644
Parveen's Tomato Chutney
1) Wash the tomatoes, drain them.
2) Into a large saucepan, put them with 1 1/2 cups of the vinegar and salt.
3) Cover the pan with lid and heat them until the vinegar boils, then lower the heat to a simmer and cook without lid till the... - 45.3059
Karhi With Pakoras
Beat curds and add gram flour.
Gradually add water avoiding lump formation.
Add ground masala paste and place on fire.
Keep stirring until it comes to a boil.
Lower heat and let boil half covered or uncovered for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until karhi is thick.
Add... - 45.0977
Combine all vegetables, apple and paneer in a large bowl and toss well to mix.
Place all ingredients for dressing except curd and oil in a blender and blend till well mixed.
Whisk curd with 2 tbsp water.
With the machine running, slowly pour in oil and then... - 45.0393
Perfumed Basmati Rice Swirled With Saffron & Rose Water
In a small bowl, mix 1 tablespoon of water, saffron threads and rose water, if desired.
Cover and set aside.
Rinse rice as instructed, Basic Cooked White Rice
Soak rice in 2 cups of water 30 minutes.
Drain well; reserve soaking water.
In a medium-size... - 44.7723
Mooli And Carrot Salad
Using the blade that grates very finely in your food processor, grate the mooli and the carrots.
Mix together and set aside.
Wash and cut the cucumber into very thin 5 cm (2 inch) chips.
Place the grated mooli, carrots and cucumber chips in an attractive... - 44.647
Prawn And Chilli Soup
1.Tb make spring onion curls, finely shred the spring onions lengthways. Place in a bowl of iced cold water and reserve.
2. Remove the heads and shells from the prawns leaving the tails intact.
3. Split the prawns almost in two to form a butterfly shape and... - 44.5778
Breakfast In A Bread Basket
Coat 2 (10-ounce) custard cups with cooking spray; set aside.
Combine baking mix and 2 tablespoons milk in a small bowl, stirring well.
Divide dough into 3 equal portions; shape 2 portions into balls.
(Keep remaining portion covered.) Gently press 1 ball of... - 43.6891
Hot Mango Chutney
This hot mango chutney is another delight that you would just love. A simple and easy recipe that would help you make this wonderful dish at home. Enjoy!! - 43.5701
Orange Semolina Puddings
1. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5/190°C/fan oven 170°C.
2. In a sauce pan, put the semolina.
3. Add milk to semolina.
4. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly until thickened.
5. Reduce the heat and cook gently tor 2-3 minutes.
6.... - 43.532
Tamarind And Dates Chutney
This complex, tart chutney may be served as a relish with fries, papads or pakoras.It is also used to add tangy flavor to chaat or Indian street foods or Indian tea time snacks. - 43.3787
Tomato And Coriander Soup
1. To skin the tomatoes, plunge them into very hot water for 30 seconds, then transfer to a bowl of cold water. The skin should now peel off quickly and easily. Chop the tomatoes into large chunks.
2. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the bay leaf and... - 43.2096
East Indian Chicken
1) Take a skillet and heat oil in it. Add pepper, onion, and garlic powder.
2) Cook for about 3 minutes or until onion gets tender.
3) Add all the remaining ingredients except rice and cook over low heat for about 30 minutes.
4) Serve the... - 43.1696
Mixed Vegetables Kerala Style
Trim French beans and peel gourds and carrots.
Chop vegetables into 1/2" pieces.
Combine all ingredients except curd and oil in a pan.
Add a little water and boil over high heat till vegetables are just tender.
Stir in curd.
Just before serving pour hot oil... - 43.0984
Quartet Fruit Salad
1) Into a large bowl, pour the wine and then add the sugar, cinnamon, and lemon juice.
2) Make the rest of the ingredients in the order listed, mixing them at once into the wine mixture.
3) Refrigerate the mixture in the for at least 2 hours before... - 42.801
Spinach Rice Timbales
Press spinach between paper towels until barely moist; set aside.
Combine cottage cheese and next 7 ingredients in a bowl; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until blended.
Stir in spinach and rice.
Divide mixture among 6 (6-ounce) custard cups coated... - 42.7193
Green Beans Italian Style
1) In a saucepan, heat the oil and sautÃ© the onion for about 10 minutes.
2) Add the tomatoes, garlic, salt, pepper, bay leaf and oregano.
3) Bring the ingredients to a boil and then lower the heat.
4) Gently cook the ingredients over low heat for 20... - 42.3628
1) Take a large bowl and wash rice in it. Change the water couple of times until it runs clear.
2) Finally, add water, just about enough to cover the rice by 1 inch and let rice soak for 30 minutes and then drain.
3) Wash tomatoes and cut into... - 41.5993
1. In a skillet add shortening and brown the lamb pieces in it. Pour off the extra fat.
2. Pour soup and water into the mixture. Add garlic, seasonings and onions.
3. Cook for 90 minutes, covered over low heat, till the meat is tender.
4. Stir so that... - 41.5375
1) Pare the mangoes, then cut the flesh into slices.
2) In a glass or ceramic bowl or other container, put the raw mangoes and then add the vinegar, soft dark brown sugar, salt, chili powder and chopped ginger.
3) Mix well, cover with lid, and... - 41.5126
Sweet Yogurt Sundae With Saffron & Pomegranate
A super-healthy, creamy yogurt dessert with toasted saffron, honey and fresh fruits. Inspired by Chef Hari Nayak.
My version is a bit different from Chefs Hari and Vikas - but definitely inspired by their spice combinations. Straining the yogurt creates a... - 41.3878
1. Cut lemon coarsely.
2. In a saucepan, boil water; add lemon pieces and boil for about 10 minutes.
3. Stir in the mint and immediately remove from heat.
4. Remove the lemon pieces from water and squeeze to extract all juice.
5. Stir in... - 41.34
Tomato Mint Raita
Place yogurt in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
Add remaining ingredients except paprika.
Stir well, cover and chill until ready to serve.
Can be made up to 1 hour in advance.
Sprinkle with paprika before serving.
Garnish with mint. - 41.3116
My family loves this Khichdi Recipe .Khichdi is a unique Indian dish. It is also known as khichdee ,khichadi ,khichuri, and khichadi. Khichdi is an Indian dish that contains a combination of rice and lentils .It is generally eaten during illness period as it... - 41.0283
Low Fat Indian Pudding
Preheat the oven to 250°F.
Spray a 6-cup souffle or baking dish with non-stick spray.
Combine 1 cup of the milk, the cornmeal, molasses, sugar, maple syrup, butter, egg, egg whites, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
Cook,... - 40.8671
Scallops With Vegetable Sauce
In a large skillet, heat the oil, and saute the onion, garlic, and green pepper until slightly wilted.
Add all the remaining ingredients except the scallops.
Simmer uncovered until the vegetables are tender and the tomatoes are reduced to a sauce, about 20... - 40.7811
Spicy Chili Mag
Coat a Dutch oven with cooking spray, and place over medium-high heat until hot.
Add chopped onion, chopped green pepper, and minced garlic, and saute vegetable mixture until tender.
Add chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper; saute 1... - 40.6867
Spicy Stuffed Eggplant
This spicy eggplant dish uses comparatively less oil and it is cooked in a microwave until the final step. - 40.423
Chilli Roast Chicken
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/ 375°F/Gas Mark 5. Roughly chop the chillies and put in a food processor with the turmeric, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, garlic, ginger, lemon juice, olive oil, coriander, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons of cold water. Blend to... - 40.3202
1. Heat the oil and fry the onion seeds for about 30 seconds. Add the sliced onion and fry for about 5 minutes.
2. Add the next nine ingredients and stir-fry over a medium heat for a further 5 minutes.
3. Add the rice and stir-fry for about 1 minute.
4. Pour... - 40.2466
Basmati Rice Pilaf
Coat a large saucepan with cooking spray; add margarine.
Place over medium-high heat until hot.
Add walnuts, and cook, stirring constantly, until walnuts are toasted.
Remove from saucepan, and set aside.
Add onion and garlic to saucepan; saute until... - 40.2156
1. Drain the chickpeas. Dry-roast the cumin and coriander seeds in a non-stick pan, then crush them lightly with a pestle and mortar.
2. Make the dressing: in a small bowl, mix all the ingredients and set aside.
3. Mix all the remaining salad ingredients in a... - 40.2096
Spicy Garlic Chutney
This chutney has a strong garlic flavor.It is very spicy.Tradionally this chutney is prepared using a mortar and pestle made of stone.Though it consumes more time but its worth the effort.This chutney can be used in most Indian street foods like ragda... - 40.048
Stir Fried Indian Spiced Cauliflower
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the carrots, celery, and onion and cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes.
Add the cumin seeds, ginger, coriander, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
Add the... - 39.9983
Sweet,Tasty and Spongy Indian sweets (Rasgulla / Rasagulla Recipe) - 39.8982
Spicy Tomato Soup
Combine the first 7 ingredients in a large kettle and simmer until soft, then press through a sieve.
Add the butter, salt, pepper and brown sugar and cook for 10 minutes.
Mix flour with enough water to make a thin paste.
Add to the tomato mixture and bring to... - 39.6959
South Indian Mango Pickle
Have you always wanted to make pickle at home? Here is a South Indian mango pickle recipe and tips that you could follow and make it right in your kitchen. So now you can say bye to the store bought pickles and actually customise it to your individual tastes.... - 39.5804
Low Fat Indian Recipes By Category
Low Fat Indian Restriction: