- » Low Fat Gumbo
Low Fat Gumbo Recipes
Enjoy our collection of low fat gumbo recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for low fat gumbo recipes.
Crab And Chicken Gumbo
Crab And Chicken Gumbo is a delicious soup recipe. Try this effortlessly mouth watering Crab And Chicken Gumbo dish; you would always love to serve to your loved ones. - 46.928
Quick Seafood Gumbo
1) Use non-stick vegetable spray in a skillet.
2) Add the onions, pepper and celery and saute till clear.
3) Add defatted beef broth, water, tomatoes and okra and simmer till done.
4) Add crab meat and shrimp and season with red pepper and salt.
5)... - 45.3673
1. Prick sausage with fork. In small saucepan of boiling water poach sausage 5 minutes to release excess fat. Drain.
2. Coat nonstick Dutch oven or large saucepan with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Add onion, green and red peppers, and garlic.... - 42.0412
You May Also Like!
Home Made Gumbo
I had once had a veggie gumbo soup & didn't quite like it,though my dad loves it.I had to really search for a good meaty Gumbo recipe & I came across this one that my aunt makes,with chicken & sausages. - 35.2171
Garlic Seafood Gumbo
Make a roux of flour and bacon drippings in a heavy iron pot.
Cook over medium heat and stir constantly until a rich brown color.
Add 1 heaping tablespoon of fresh ground file right before you remove roux from heat, stirring constantly until roux and file are... - 45.4721
The gulf style gumbo is a shrimp, oysters and crab gumbo made along with ham and vegetables. Cooked in chicken broth, the gulf style gumbo is herbed and seasoned with onions and garlic along with sauces. A little elaborate in the makng, the gulf style gumbo... - 45.1754
Heat bacon in soup kettle; saute chicken and ham until lightly browned.
Remove meat from kettle.
Add okra and onion to pan, with butter, and saute until okra has ceased to string.
Add tomatoes, thyme, and pepper sauce, and return chicken and ham to... - 42.4887
Chicken And Sausage Gumbo
1. In a large pot combine flour and oil; cook over medium-low heat about 20 minutes or till mixture is caramel-colored, stirring constantly. Add celery, onion, sweet pepper, and garlic; cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, skin chicken, if... - 33.7835
Louisiana Crab Gumbo
Coat a large Dutch oven with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot.
Add celery, garlic, onion, and green pepper.
Saute 5 minutes or until tender.
Stir in next 7 ingredients; bring to a boil.
Cover; reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour, stirring... - 39.8828
1. In a heavy kettle, cook the salt pork or bacon briefly over low heat until rendered of its fat. Add two tablespoons of the butter and the onion and cook until the onion is transparent.
2. Add the okra, tomatoes, garlic, lemon and bay leaf. Bring to a boil... - 29.2623
Chicken Andouille Gumbo
Chicken andouille gumbo is made with andouille sausages and stewing chicken. Cooked along with vegetables and seasoned with onions and garlic along with salt and pepper, the chicken and andouille gumbo is flavorful and meaty. - 44.4989
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
Add sausage, and cook 5 minutes or until browned on all sides.
Remove sausage from skillet, and set aside.
Add chicken to skillet, and cook 7 minutes on each side or until chicken is done.
Remove chicken from... - 43.1076
Chicken And Andouille Smoked Sausage Gumbo
Remove excess fat from chicken pieces.
Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the Meat Magic evenly over chicken pieces.
Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine onion, bell peppers and celery; reserve.
Thoroughly combine flour with... - 38.3225