- » Low Fat Greek
Low Fat Greek Recipes
Enjoy our collection of low fat greek recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for low fat greek recipes.
Healthy Buffalo Chicken Taco Wrap With Greek Yogurt Spread
These healthy wraps are beyond perfect for the Super Bowl, for a light summer lunch or a quick dinner. Beyond perfect for your nagging comfort food craving. Beyond satisfying knowing that this has been turned inside out and made super healthy to keep you on... - 139.176
Low-fat Greek Salad
Here is a figure-friendly delight for a hot summer day! With tomatoes, red onion and cucumbers, dressed with olive oil and finished with crumbled feta cheese, this low lighter version of the classic makes a wonder lunch salad when you are trying to shed... - 130.706
Greek Style Zucchini
Here's a basic recipe and technique for the fantastic, flavorful vegetables you might get in a typical Greek restaurant that's actually in Greece. Can be adapted to virtually any vegetable. Here we used Zucchini. - 127.119
Greek-style Herb Crusted Baked Haddock
This on one of those fun easy fish dishes, few steps, one pan and much healthier than those beer battered or breaded versions that go into the deep fryer. Crusted with Greek herbs and pan seared before being topped with soft fresh feta cheese, blanched... - 127.07
Greek Spinach And Feta Quiche
For all the healthy types out there, here is a Greek spinach and feta quiche to lighten up your Sunday brunches. In this video Amy shows how quick and easy it is to make this dish at home. So if you are looking forward to loose some calories you might as well... - 92.3655
In a heavy soup pot, fry the onion and leek in the olive oil over low heat until transparent.
Add the pumpkin and continue frying for 3-5 minutes.
Sprinkle with the salt, pepper and spices and fry for a further 1-2 minutes.
Add the ouzo and a little water, to... - 50.7754
In a soup pot, pour 1.5 litres (2 pt 8 fl oz) water over the garlic, thyme, bay leaves and peppercorns, and boil for 20-30 minutes.
Strain the broth through a fine sieve, pressing firmly with a wooden spoon.
Return the broth to the soup pot and crumble the... - 50.732
Rice And Cheese Pie
Start by making the pastry.
Sift the flour and baking powder together.
In a saucepan bring the olive oil, 125 ml (4 fl oz) water and the salt to the boil, then remove from the heat.
Beat the flour into the liquid, little by little, to make a pliable... - 49.8548
Wild Mushroom Soup
If using dried mushrooms, soak them in hot water with 1/2 teaspoon salt added, for 30 minutes.
Drain the liquid through a sieve lined with a damp muslin and reserve.
Rinse the soaked mushrooms under water to remove any grit, and chop them roughly.
Sprinkle... - 49.7967
Mediterranean Stuffed Grape Leaves
1) Preheat oven moderate to 350°F.
2) In a large pot add stock or water and bring to boil.
3) Mix rice and salt.
4) Decrease heat, cover with a tight-fitting lid and simmer for 45 minutes..
5) Cook until the water evaporates.
6) With a... - 49.4122
White Bean Soup
Drain the beans, cover them with fresh water and boil for 10 minutes.
Drain them and just cover again with hot water.
Bring them back to the boil, cover and simmer for about 1-1 1/2 hours, until tender.
While the beans are simmering, saute the onions in the... - 49.3155
Snails In Tomato Sauce
Put dormant snails into a large pot, with a heavy top, and moisten with water.
Use enough water to waken the sleeping snails - about 250 ml (8 fl oz) - but not too much to drown them.
Cover and weight the lid well, to prevent finding snails crawling all over... - 49.1737
Green Vegetable Pie
In a pot of boiling water, blanch the green beans and courgettes for about 4 minutes, or until al dente.
Drain and chop them finely.
Put the chopped vegetables in a large mixing bowl, and add the finely chopped spinach, parsley, dill and mint.
Toss so they... - 49.0822
Country Bread With Semolina And Corn Meal
Sprinkle the dried yeast into the warm water and stir in the sugar.
Mix together the smaller quantity of flour with the corn meal and salt in a large bowl.
Put the powdered mastihi or liquor into a measuring jug and make up to 500 ml (18 fl oz) with warm... - 49.009
Greek Stew With Potatoes, Tomatoes Pepper And Tofu
1. Slice tofu into cubes.
2. In a bowl pour lemon juice and place the cubed tofu in the juice to marinate well.
3. Steam potatoes for 20 minutes till they are tender.
4. In anther cooking pan add olive oil. Heat.
5. Add garlic and onions. Saute for 5... - 48.6302
Greek Zucchini Casserole
Heat water or broth in a heavy saucepan over medium heat.
Add onion and garlic.
Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until vegetables are lightly browned.
Add more liquid during this process if necessary.
Add tomatoes, rosemary, mint, parsley,... - 48.4204
Breakfast Pita Sandwiches
1) Use a medium skillet to coat with cooking spray.
2) Place the skillet over medium heat until hot.
3) Add mushrooms, onion, and green pepper to sautÃ© until tender.
4) In a small bowl, beat eggs, cottage cheese, and pepper.
5) Pour... - 48.2922
Raspberry Yogurt And Fruit
1) Mash raspberries with syrup in food processor or blender.
2) Sieve the mashed puree and remove the seeds.
3) In a small bowl, mix together cold water and cornstarch and keep aside for use.
4) In a small saucepan over high heat, allow... - 48.1719
Greek Shrimp And Potato Salad A La Pappas
1. Drain all the boiled potatoes so that excess water is removed.
2. Slightly cool the potatoes so that they can be peeled and sliced.
3. Toss the warm potatoes with olive oil, vinegar, salt, parsley, scallions and green pepper.
4. Bed dinner plates... - 48.0188
Carrot And Pa Rsnip Terrine
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 400°F/Gas Mark 6. Oil and line a 900 g / 2 lb loaf tin with non-stick baking paper. Cook the carrots and parsnips in boiling salted water for 10-15 minutes or until very tender. Drain and puree separately. Add 2 tablespoons of... - 47.5765
Greek Salad With Mild Red Chili Dressing
1) In a bowl of hot water soak the sun-dried tomatoes for 20-30 minutes until soft.
2) In a food processor mix water and tomatoes and process till blended.
3) Mix all the remaining dressing ingredients. Continue to process till... - 47.507
Plaki Greek Fish With Vegetables
1. About 1 hour before serving, heat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a large skillet, saute onions in oil until soft, then add garlic, tomatoes, parsley, dill, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper and cook for 10 minutes.
3. With salt and lemon... - 47.3206
Kolokithakia Yemista Skorpios
1. Clean zucchini well and trim its stems. Half the zucchini crosswise in case they are too long.
2. Preheat oven to 375F.
3. Scoop the center of the zucchini using an apple corer. Discard.
4. To make stuffing mix oregano, parsley,... - 47.2903
Combine the flour, sugar, salt and grated lemon zest in a mixing bowl.
Whisk the eggs with the smaller quantity of ouzo (you can use more later if the dough seems dry).
Beat this into the dry ingredients until well absorbed.
Add the baking powder to the... - 47.1959
Wende's Avgolemono Soup
1. In a large heavy pot, heat oil over low heat.
2. Add the onions.
3. Stir occasionally and cook for about 10 minutes until the onion softens.
4. Add the escarole.
5. Cook over medium heat for 1 minute; stir continuously.
6. Pour in the chicken... - 47.1433
Grecian Beef Stew
1)Wash the feta cheese with cold running water and drain it properly.
2) Remove the extra fat from the steak and cut into 1- inch size cubes.
3) Take a Dutch oven and spray it with cooking spray. Heat the oven over medium heat.
4) Put... - 47.0512
Yellow Split Pea Dip With Raw Vegetables
Drain the soaked split peas and put into a saucepan with fresh cold water.
Add the bicarbonate of soda -no more than 1/16th of a teaspoon - and bring to the boil.
Drain and rinse them.
Cover again with cold water and bring to the boil.
Add the onion and 4... - 46.7126
1) Wash rice to keep it moist.
2) Press spinach gently to remove as much liquid as possible from it.
3) In a medium saucepan, over medium high heat, cook a mixture of rice, green onions and garlic until rice dries and release an... - 46.5528
In a large bowl, combine the romaine, iceberg lettuce, cucumbers, green peppers, onions, celery, tomatoes and olives.
In a small bowl, use a fork to crumble the feta cheese.
Stir in the cottage cheese.
Sprinkle the cheese mixture on top of the lettuce... - 46.4049
Pitas With Fruited Slaw
1) In a large bowl, add first 5 ingredients to combine.
2) In the container of electric blender or food processor, add yogurt, banana, mayonnaise, and juices. Process the ingredients to a smooth mixture.
3) Pour the yogurt mixture over the cabbage... - 46.3597
Low Fat Moussaka
1. Preheat the oven at 350°.
2. Peel and slice eggplant into thin slices, about 1/2 inch.
3. In a large non-stick skillet, cook meat while breaking it using a fork.
4. Add the excess fat.
5. Stir in onions, tomatoes, parsley,... - 46.2888
Warm Caesar Salad
1) In a large mixing bowl, combine together the lemon juice, eggs, anchovies, pepper and salt.
2) With a fork, beat well till all the ingredients have combined together.
3) Add the lettuce and toss well to coat. Set aside.
4) Heat the oil in a 10-inch... - 46.2209
Low Fat Spinach Tomato Mimosa
1. Wash and clean the spinach well. Remove the coarse stems.
2. Empty tomatoes from can into a bowl. Remove one firm and large tomato aside for Garnish. Chop the remaining tomatoes coarsely. (Set aside the juices from the can)
3. Boil the eggs.... - 45.8492
Kiria Sophia's Cheese Fritters
Put all three cheeses in a bowl and sprinkle with the flour.
Moisten them with the milk, adding a tablespoon at a time, so the mixture feels silky.
Beat in the eggs one at a time, as you might not need both.
If a cohesive goo forms with one egg, omit the... - 45.7969
Baked Sonoma Goat Cheese Salad
1. Preheat oven to 400°F
2. In a bowl toss combining breadcrumbs and rhyme gently.
3. With breadcrumb mixture coat the cheese rounds and place on ungreased baking sheer.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes until lightly... - 44.9779
Spring Onions In Filo
Toss the chopped onion in a bowl with 1 tablespoon olive oil, the chopped dill, salt and pepper.
Remove 8 sheets of filo from the package.
Reseal the package and refrigerate it.
Cover the filo you are using with a damp tea towel, well wrung out, and try to... - 44.2618
Baked Stuffed Eggplant
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. To prepare the eggplant wash, cut in half lengthwise, carefully remove the pulp leaving 1/2 inch of the outer shell and dice the pulp.
3. In a pan saute the onions, mushrooms, seasonings and meat in the... - 43.981
1. In medium bowl soak gelatin in cold water and let stand few minutes minute to soften.
2. Add boiling water and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.
3. Blend in the yogurt.
4. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set and... - 43.441
Elegant Ambrosia Compote
1) Drain the pineapple, keeping aside 1/4 cup of the juice.
2) Combine reserved pineapple juice, sugar, apple juice, lime juice and vanilla extract and stir till the sugar dissolves. Keep aside.
3) Mix all the fruit in a bowl and pour over the... - 43.4241
Mushrooms A La Grecque
1. Use a damp kitchen towel to wipe the grit off the mushrooms.
2. Stem mushrooms and place caps in a bowl. Keep aside. Reserve stems for another use if you like.
3. In a small piece of muslin or cheesecloth, tie all the ingredients for bouquet... - 43.2654
Cold Artichokes With Taramasalata Mayonnaise
To clean the artichokes, cut off the stems flush with the bottom, remove any tough, unsightly outer leaves and cut off the top one-third of the flower bud itself.
Force the leaves open a little, and rinse under cold running water.
Keep the artichokes in a... - 43.1966
Figs And Dates With Whipped Yogurt
1. Line a colander with cheesecloth.
2. Spoon the yogurt and allow the yogurt to drain over a bowl for at least 40 minutes.(longer draining with procure finer quality of cheese)
3. Take a large bowl and toss together figs, dates, apple... - 43.0523
In 2-quart casserole, blend dry milk and water with whisk.
Stir in vanilla.
Microwave at High for 8 to 14 minutes, or until temperature registers 190°F, stirring after half the time.
Cool to 115°F.
Blend in plain yogurt and chocolate syrup.
Cover with... - 42.6446
Tropical Yogurt Snack
1) Use a small mixing bowl to add banana and lemon juice. Mash the banana to smooth, with the help tines of fork.
2) Add yogurt and sugar. Combine well by stirring.
3) Make 2 thin slices from the kiwi and place it aside.
4) Add the remaining kiwi into... - 42.5843
Marinated Fish Greek Style
1) Combine together the tomato sauce, wine, garlic, 3 tablespoons of lemon juice and rosemary in a small saucepan.
2) Cover the pan and gently simmer for about 10 minutes.
3) While the sauce is cooking, combine together the flour, salt and pepper on a... - 42.4577
Quick Yogurt Pops
In a medium saucepan stir together milk and gelatin, then let stand 5 minutes.
Stir over low heat till gelatin dissolves.
Stir in yogurt and honey, then fold in fruit.
Spoon mixture into paper cups.
Cover each cup with a small piece of foil.
Cut a slit in the... - 42.3683
Combine walnuts, bread crumbs, cinnamon and honey.
Cut the sheets into fourths so you have 16 sheets.
Lightly brush a 7" x 11" pan with margarine.
Place 8 sheets in pan, one at a time, brushing each lightly with margarine.
Spread walnut mixture... - 42.3495
Layer the grated courgettes in a sieve, salting well, and leave to drain for 20 minutes.
Rinse and squeeze out any excess liquid.
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, stirring until they are evenly mixed.
Heat oil to come about 2 cm (3/4 in) deep in a wok,... - 42.2167
In 2-quart casserole, blend dry milk and water with whisk.
Stir in honey and vanilla.
Microwave at High for 8 to 14 minutes, or until temperature registers 190°F, stirring after half the time.
Cool to 115°F.
Blend in plain yogurt.
Cover with plastic... - 42.0859
Cauliflower A La Grecque
1) Take a saucepan and bring a mixture of wine, oil, lemon, herbs and spices to a boil in it.
2) Add in cauliflower sprigs and boil, covered for about 25 minutes, pouring in enough wine to prevent the liquid from reduced too much.
3) Let cool and... - 41.9488
1. In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, pour oil and heat.
2. Place potatoes at the bottom of the skillet in a single layer and cook for about 3-4 minutes over medium-high heat until bottoms are browned.
3. Turn over the potatoes and cook for another 3-4... - 41.6946
Summer Pudding With Greek Yogurt
1. Place the redcurrants, sugar and 1 tablespoon of water in a large saucepan. Heat gently until the sugar has just dissolved and the juices have just begun to run.
2. Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the strawberries, raspberries and the Grand... - 41.6843
Vegetable Stuffed Steaks
Make a pocket in each steak by cutting horizontally into the steak from one side almost to the opposite side.
Spray a saucepan with nonstick coating.
Add mushrooms, onion, green pepper, carrot, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and thyme.
Cook and stir about 4... - 41.4293
Cinnamon Pita Crisps
1) Preheat oven to 350°.
2) Cut the pita rounds crosswise in half.
3) Cut each half in 4 pieces and place aside.
4) In a jellyroll pan, place the pita wedges by keeping the smooth side down.
5) In a bowl, add egg white and remaining... - 41.3405
Calypso Fruit Salad
Mash 1 banana with a fork and blend in the sour cream, rum, sugar, ginger, salt, and lime juice.
Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
At serving time arrange a bed of lettuce on a large serving platter.
Slice the remaining bananas lengthwise and lay on the... - 41.2286
1) Take a medium sized mixing bowl made of stainless-steel or glass and combine the lemon juice, olive oil, oregano leaves and garlic cloves together by stirring properly.
2) Place chicken in it and coat on both sides.
3) Refrigerate for an... - 41.1168
Greek Meat Loaf
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl mix all ingredients gently, pack lightly into a loaf pan, bake about 1 hour and pour off accumulated drippings before serving.
3. Serve as desired. - 41.0952
Sesame Paste Soup With Saffron And Garlic
Bring the herb broth or water to the boil, salt it and add the rice.
Cook for 15 minutes.
When it is nearly done, add the saffron with its liquid.
In the meantime, beat the tahini, with 125 ml (4 fl oz) cold water, the finely grated zest from the lemon, r... - 40.9321
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a bowl, mix onion, bouillon and butter flavouring.
3. Drain cooked cauliflower and using a fork mash it finely or using a blender process it briefly.
4. Add the onion mixture to the mashed... - 40.6917
1. In a pan brown veal in the oil and then add the carrot, celery, onion and garlic.
2. Scraping and stirring the pan, pour in the wine and cook for 3 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper and cook over medium-high heat for a few minutes to... - 40.4544
Yogurt Cheese Pie
1) In your blender add all the ingredients and blend well.
2) Use a pre-baked 9 inches pie crust to pour the mixture.
3) Place pie in the refrigerator to chill.
4) Serve the pie chilled by garnishing with additional nutmeg. - 40.035
Greek White Bean Risotto
Pour water into a medium saucepan; place over medium heat.
Cover and bring to a simmer; reduce heat to low, and keep warm.
Coat a large saucepan with cooking spray; place over,medium-high heat until hot.
Add garlic; saute 1 minute.
Add rice and oregano;... - 39.4999
Cucumber Salad With Sour Cream
1. Run the tines of a fork down, lengthwise, around each cucumber to give a ridged effect
2. Then slice them thinly into a bowl.
3. In a small bowl combine the cream, vinegar, chives and seasonings and whisk until well blended.
4. Pour this dressing... - 39.2598
Cripple Creek Caviar
1.Mix together first 6 ingredients.
2. Refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours.
3.Add in green onions and tomatoes.
4. Toss well.
5. Serve caviar with pita wedges or Melba rounds. - 39.2272
Pavlova With Berries And Flowers
The pavlova with berries and flowers is a baked dessert. Prepared with a yogurt cheese layer, spread over baked meringue layer. Frozen and sprinkled withberries and the edible flower it is a cold dessert. - 38.9387
Cold Yogurt Soup
Salt the grated cucumber lightly to season it.
Beat the yogurt with a wooden spoon until it is smooth and add it to the cucumber.
Add the garlic, lemon rind and juice (if using), dill, mint and olive oil.
Stir well, adding about 250 ml (8 fl oz) water, until... - 38.7332
Apricots Filled With Smoked Trout
Wash the apricots and halve them through the seam.
Remove the stones.
In a mixing bowl carefully toss together the flaked trout, cucumber dice, chopped onion, dill, lemon juice and olive oil, and season.
Pile a spoonful of the salad on each apricot half and... - 38.6649
Greek Country Salad
1. Whisk the oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and garlic together until well emulsified. A blender or food processor may be used for this.
2. Stack up 5 or 6 lettuce leaves and shred them finely with a sharp knife.
3. Place the lettuce in the bottom of a... - 38.1019
Peas And Cauliflower In Yogurt Cumin Sauce
Shell and wash peas.
Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan; add peas and cauliflower.
Cover and cook 7 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain well, and place in a bowl.
Add salt; toss well.
Combine yogurt and next 4 ingredients; stir well.
Pour over... - 37.8144
Apricot Yogurt Parfaits
Drain apricots, pouring 14 cup/50 ml of the juice into saucepan or microwave-safe dish.
Sprinkle gelatin over juice and let stand for 5 minutes to soften.
Warm over low heat or microwave at medium (50%) power for 30 seconds or until gelatin has dissolved.
In... - 36.7511
Pickled Garlic And Garlic Vinegar
Sterilize a 1 litre (2 pt) glass jar with boiling water.
Layer the garlic cloves in it with the thyme, peppercorns and strips of lemon zest.
Dissolve the citric acid in the vinegar and pour it over the layered garlic.
Add the chilli to the top, cover and... - 36.7111
Beet And Potato Skordalia
The bet and potato skordalia can be used as a puree, spread or a sauce as and when desired. Prepared with beets and potatoes and flavored with garlic and hot pepper sauce, the skordalia is simply seasoned and a delicious and nutritious dish. - 35.4243
1. Pare cucumber and slice them lengthwise. Remove their seeds.
2. Grate cucumber very coarsely.
3. In a medium size bowl mix vinegar, yogurt, grated cucumber, salt, garlic and oil. Stir with a wooden spoon to combine the mixture well.
4. Check taste.... - 35.3293
1. Using fork, pierce eggplant all over wrap in paper towel and place on plate.
2. Microwave at High for 8 to 10 minutes until softened and skin is wrinkled, turning over halfway through.
3. Let it stand for 10 minutes or until cool enough to handle... - 35.1843
In a small bowl, combine first 6 ingredients; stir with a fork until well blended.
Cover and refrigerate until needed.
In medium bowl, combine surimi seafood, tomato, onion, lemon juice, oregano and thyme.
Spoon about 2 tablespoons into pita pockets and top... - 34.8442
Greek Salad With Low Fat Yogurt
1. For the dressing, scrub the cucumber and halve lengthwise. Peel and seed one half, cut into large chunks and process in a food processor or blender 15 to 20 seconds, or until pureed. Add the yogurt, mint, lemon juice and sugar and process another 5 to 10... - 33.0649
Combine all the ingredients in a flameproof casserole and bake, covered, in an oven preheated to 180°C (350°F, gas 4) for 30 minutes. - 32.9818
Greek Island Marinade
1.In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients.
2.Use immediately as desired. - 32.5904
Fresh Strawberries With Creamy Yogurt
Spoon yogurt onto several layers of paper towels; spread to 1/2-inch thickness.
Cover with additional paper towels; let stand 5 minutes.
Scrape yogurt into a bowl, using a rubber spatula.
Stir in powdered sugar and almond extract.
Cover and chill.
Spoon... - 32.5044
Aubergine Sunflower Pate
1. Cut the aubergine in half and place, cut side down, on a baking sheet. Place under a hot grill for 15-20 minutes, until the skin is blackened and the flesh is soft. Leave for a few minutes, to cool slightly.
2. Scoop the flesh of the aubergine into a food... - 32.3496
1. Peel the cucumber. Reserve a little of the cucumber to use as a garnish if you wish and cut the rest in half lengthways. Remove the seeds with a teaspoon and discard. Slice the cucumber thinly and combine with salt. Leave for approximately 15-20 minutes.... - 31.9618
Eggplant And Feta Pitas
Arrange eggplant in a single layer in a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Cover; bake at 425° for 10 minutes.
Turn eggplant; cook, uncovered, 10 minutes.
Let cool slightly.
Fill each pita half with 2 eggplant slices, 1 tomato slice,... - 31.309
Greek Lentil Soup
1. Wash lentils and drain well. Combine lentils with all ingredients except vinegar. Bring to a boil.
2. Lower heat. Cover and simmer 2 hours or until lentils are tender.
3. Add vinegar and simmer another 30 minutes. Remove bay leaf. - 31.0855
Greek Garden Spread
1. Combine mayonnaise and cream cheese, stirring until smooth.
2. Stir in spinach and remaining ingredients.
3. Cover and chill 30 minutes or until ready to serve - 30.8242
In a large bowl, gently combine the marshmallows, crushed pineapple, pineapple chunks or tidbits, oranges, yogurt and coconut.
Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. - 29.8061
Cantaloupe & Yogurt Shakes
Cut each cantaloupe in half; scoop out and discard seeds.
Then, using a spoon, scoop fruit from rinds into a blender or food processor; discard rinds.
To fruit in blender, add lime juice, yogurt, and sugar.
Whirl until smoothly blended.
Pour into 4 tall... - 29.1583
Vegetable Stuffed Tomatoes
Cook frozen vegetables as directed on package; drain.
Cut off tops of tomatoes and hollow out centers.
Spoon 1/2 cup of hot vegetables into each tomato.
Serve hot or chill and serve with salad dressing. - 26.1168
Combine all ingredients in container of an electric blender; cover and process until smooth.
Serve immediately. - 25.1839
Low Fat Greek Recipes By Category