- » Low Fat Eggplant
Low Fat Eggplant Recipes
Enjoy our collection of low fat eggplant recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for low fat eggplant recipes.
Low-fat Eggplant And Zucchini Napoleon
If you love to discover new things in the kitchen, try making this healthier version of Eggplant Zucchini Parmesan. Prepare this Eggplant Zucchini Parmesan Napoleon and you'll find yourself saying "That's Vegetarian?!" It is low fat, without the breading and... - 133.159
Mixed Vegetable Couscous
Another tasty recipe when you are on the Diet. This Couscous recipe has its authentic-tasting version, with mixed vegetables. You won't believe how good this low-calorie Salad can be! This makes a delicious breakfast or lunch - ideal for children, but... - 120.589
Classic Alfredo Sauce Low Fat Version
Have you been dying to prepare the classic alfredo sauce, but were terrified of the calories? This recipe is specially handcrafted for you. Watch the chef share her secret recipe to prepare the Classic Alfredo Sauce Low Fat Version. This sauce has all the... - 114.864
Italian Eggplant Parmesan
Preparing eggplant parmesan was never so easy. See this step by step video that shares a recipe for this popular Italian dish. The baked eggplant dish taste awesome with tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese. Take a look at this video and give a try to make this... - 111.5
Brinjal/eggplant Chips In Microwave
1. Line a microwave safe plate with parchment paper and spay some oil.
2. Clean and slice your eggplant into thin slices.
3. Line up the slices with enough space in between for a thorough cooking.
4. Season with salt and pepper and spray a little oil... - 107.622
Raw Eggplant Bread Sandwich, Ep 164
For all those on a on a raw food diet and looking out for a low fat breakfast solution. This eggplant sandwich recipe is a must watch. Take a look at the video to see how the chef combines dehydrated eggplant with sprouts and couple of veggies to make an... - 107.328
Vegan Eggplant Salsa
This easy pan grilled eggplant dip is fun to make and very healthy to eat. And the most important, all your vegan and vegetarian friends and family will feel loved at your parties! - 93.644
Italian-style Curried Eggplant And Tomato
Adam shares a wonderful side dish or even a whole meal using only vegetables. It is completely vegan and takes only 5 minutes to prepare. He shares a wonderful tip to curry up your food without having to simmer and fill up your whole house with the aroma of... - 91.19
Indian Baigan Bharta
Baigan Bharta is a popular Indian dish, which requires very less time to cook.Watch this video here to know how to make this flavorful and delicious dish! - 87.6782
1. In a large mixing bowl, place eggplants and sprinkle coarse salt; toss to mix.
2. Let it stand for 30 minutes until the eggplants releases water.
3. Drain and pat dry on paper towels.
4. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
5. Line a baking sheet... - 51.4802
Moroccan Eggplant And Garbanzo Beans
1) Skin and cut eggplant into 1-inch pieces (measuring about 4 cups).
2) On a covered vegetable steamer, placed over boiling water, cook the eggplant for 12 minutes until soft but not mushy.
3) In a covered saucepan or skillet, over low... - 51.3897
Eggplant Del Rio
Place 1/4 cup of the water or broth in a heavy soup pot over medium heat.
Add garlic and onion to pot.
Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
Add more liquid during this process if necessary.
Add remaining 8 cups of water,... - 50.8185
1. Lengthwise slice eggplant and cut into half.
2. Scoop the inner pulp leaving 1/4-inch-thick shells.
3. Season the inner side of each shell with salt and keep aside.
4. Cut the eggplant pulp into small cubes.
5. In a small bowl, mix half of... - 50.4314
Eggplant Au Gratin
In 2-quart casserole, combine eggplant, tomato, onion, garlic and water.
Microwave at High for 10 to 15 minutes, or until eggplant is tender, stirring twice.
Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
Place butter in 2-cup... - 50.4094
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Cut the stem ends off of the eggplants and cut the eggplants in half lengthwise.
Remove pulp, leaving a shell of 1/4 inch.
Chop the eggplant pulp and set aside.
Heat the water, broth, or wine in a large skillet over medium... - 49.7329
Tasty Eggplant Dip
1) Preheat oven moderate to 375°F.
2) On a baking pan or dish place the eggplant. With a knife, pierce it a few times.
3) Bake for about 30 minutes until soft.
4) Take off from oven and let cool.
5) Gently peel out the skin once cooled... - 49.2897
Bulgur Stuffed Eggplant
Place 1 1/2 cups water in 2-cup measure.
Microwave at High for 2 to 5 minutes, or until water boils.
Place bulgur in small mixing bowl.
Add boiling water.
Cover and let stand for 30 minutes to soften.
Drain and press out excess moisture.
Unwrap... - 49.0362
Stuffed Eggplant Delight
1) Preheat the oven to 350F. Coat a 13X9X2-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2) Rinse the eggplant. Slice them into halves lengthwise. Scoop the pulp out leaving a 1/4-inch thick shell.
3) Slice up the pulp. Keep aside 2 cups of the pulp.... - 48.8471
Sicilian Stuffed Eggplant
If you want to rustle up a good eggplant dish then definitely go for Sicilian stuffed eggplant recipe. This dish is awesome and a complete foodie treat. Italian menu is incomplete without eggplant dish but if dish is so exotic then it would surely be able to... - 48.8207
Thai Eggplant Sandwich
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Preheat the broiler.
3) Pierce the eggplant in several places, wrap in an aluminum foil and bake in the oven for 1 hour.
4) Unwrap, allow to cool and halve the eggplant. Remove the cooked pulp on a... - 48.7246
Spicy Stuffed Eggplant
1. Slice the eggplant in halves, lengthwise.
2. On an oiled baking sheet place the cut eggplant with its cut side downwards.
3. Cover. Bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees till the eggplant is tender.
4. In another pan boil potatoes till... - 48.3343
Thai Coconut Ratatouille
1. In a large mixing bowl, toss eggplants in 1 teaspoon salt.
2. Let it stand for 15 minutes until the eggplants releases water.
3. Rinse and pat dry on paper towels.
4. In a large pot, heat chicken broth over medium heat.
5. Add... - 48.234
Heat 1 inch of water in a steamer.
Place eggplant chunks in a steamer basket or colander.
Cover and steam for 8 minutes or until eggplant is tender.
Heat the water, broth, or wine in a skillet over medium heat.
Add the garlic, onion, ginger, cumin, coriander,... - 48.1971
Tagliatelle With Roasted Tomatoes And Eggplant
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a nonstick roasting pan toss the onions and eggplant in the oil.
3. Place in the preheated oven and roast for about 25 minutes, sautéing occasionally, until vegetables are tender-crisp and... - 48.1408
Peel eggplant and cut it into cubes.
Put the cubes into a saucepan of boiling water and cook until soft.
Drain and puree eggplant in a food processor.
In a large mixing bowl beat eggs, sugar, buttermilk and oil.
Add 1 cup pureed eggplant, vanilla and... - 48.1301
1) Preheat oven to 150°C before baking.
2) Bake whole aubergines for 40 minutes in the preheated oven.
3) Let cool and then split.
4) Into a bowl, using a wooden spoon, hollow out pulp and then through a coarse wire sieve, rub the black... - 48.0552
Penne With Eggplant
1. In a large saucepan or pot, bring salted water to a rapid boil.
2. In a large non stick skillet, heat half the oil over moderate high heat.
3. To the hot oil, add the half the eggplant cubes and sauté until soft and lightly... - 47.7101
1. Sprinkle salt on the eggplants and allow the eggplants to stand for a while.
2. Dry the seasoned veggie with paper towel.
3. Heat oil in skillet and sautÃ© onions, shallots, garlic and rocambole for 3 minutes until all turn into soft and onion is... - 47.5373
Italian Stuffed Eggplant
Wash eggplants; cut each in half lengthwise.
Carefully remove pulp, leaving a 1/4-inch-thick shell.
Chop pulp, reserving 2 cups.
Set eggplant shells aside.
Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot.
Add onion and next 4... - 47.2271
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Slice eggplant into 1/4-inch slices.
3. Coat 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
4. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
5. Place eggplant slices on the coated baking sheets.
6. Broil 3... - 46.9081
1) In a pot of boiling water, cook the vermicelli as per its packet instructions.
2) Do not add any salt to the vermicelli. Drain and set aside.
3) Spray a large skillet with cooking oil. Add in olive oil. Heat over medium flame.
4) Add in the... - 46.7753
1. Lengthwise cut eggplants into ¾ inch slices; do not peel.
2. Generously apply a mixture of parsley, paprika, garlic and oregano on both sides of the slices.
3. Line a broiler rack with foil and apply tomato juice over it to... - 46.5111
Barley Lentil & Eggplant Casserole
Spray 2 shallow rimmed baking pans with cooking spray.
Spread eggplant cubes evenly in pans; spray with cooking spray.
Bake eggplant in a 425° oven, turning with a spatula several times, until well browned and soft when pressed (30 to 35 minutes).
Meanwhile,... - 46.416
Simple Eggplant Parmigiana
In a blender or the workbowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade, blend sauce ingredients for about 30 seconds, or until no lumps remain.
Place eggplant slices on baking sheet; do not overlap.
Broil 4 inches from heat, 3... - 46.3793
Buttery Shrimp And Eggplant Kabobs
1) Take a medium sized mixing bowl of stainless steel or glass and mix all the ingredients thoroughly by stirring except the eggplants and shrimps.
2) Add the shrimps and eggplants and stir them in to coat them properly.
3) Place lid and... - 46.2148
Eggplant Stuffed Mushrooms
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a colander place eggplant, sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and let it stand 30 minutes.
3. Rinse thoroughly and par dry with paper towels.
4. With damp paper towels clean mushrooms.
5. Remove mushroom... - 46.1824
Spaghetti With Eggplant And Tomatoes
What and Italian meal without Spaghetti? Spaghetti with Eggplant and tomatoes is a satisfying experience. Among innumerable delicious recipes, Spaghetti with Eggplants and tomatoes makes all the difference between a mundane dish and one that leaves an... - 46.089
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) In a large zip-top plastic bag, put the flour. Set aside.
3) Peel the eggplant and cut it into 12 slices of about Â½-inch each.
4) In the plastic bag with the flour, put the slices.... - 45.7557
Roasted Eggplant Spread With Focaccia
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Prick eggplant all over with a fork.
3. Slice off stem end from tomato.
4. Place an oven rack over a small baking pan
5. Arrange eggplant on rack
6. Roast in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
7. Place tomato... - 45.7347
Turkey Moussaka In An Eggplant Boat
Turkey Moussaka In An Eggplant Boat is a delicious mouth-watering recipe. Try this amazingly irresistible Turkey Moussaka In An Eggplant Boat dish; I bet you will get a lot of compliments for this one! - 45.5118
Vegetables For Barbecues
1. On a 9 inch double square foil, arrange the vegetables.
2. Season with salt, pepper and paprika; drizzle Worcestershire sauce.
3. Fold the foil over the vegetables and seal them carefully.
4. Over hot coals of barbeque, place the packet of... - 45.4281
1. Heat water or both in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook and stir until onion is soft. Add more liquid during this process if necessary.
2. Add oregano, basil, eggplant, and tomatoes. Cook over medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
3.... - 45.3044
Italian Eggplant With Nuts And Seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. On a cookie sheet roast sunflower seeds and cashews for 10 minues. Once roasted cool.
3. Bake sliced eggplant for 15 minutes, till they are tender,
4. In another skillet add olive oil and warm.
5. Add celery,... - 45.1462
Grecian Lamb Stuffed Eggplant
1) Wash eggplant; wrap in aluminum foil.
2) Bake the eggplant at 350° for 1 hour.
3) Remove eggplant from foil and let it cool.
4) Slice each eggplant in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving Winch-thick shells.
5) Set shells... - 45.0858
Beefy Eggplant Soup
1)Spray the Dutch oven with cooking spray and heat it over medium heat.
2)Put the ground chuck and cook it properly to make it brown in color.
3) Drain the ground chuck and make it dry with paper towel. This will remove the additional fat as well.
4)... - 45.0781
Fettuccine With Chick Peas And Eggplant
1. Take a 10-inch skillet and heat oil in it.
2. Add eggplant and garlic in the heated oil and fry the ingredients against medium high heat. Continue the cooking process by frequent stirring until eggplant is cooked for 2-3 minutes and turn into light... - 45.0414
1. Cut eggplant into 1/2-inch cubes.
2. In a non-stick pan, place eggplant cubes, cover and steam without water over low heat until the eggplant is tender-firm.
3. Season with oregano, parsley and Italian seasonings.
4. Let the eggplant... - 45.007
Eggplant, Pasta And Chick Pea Stew
1. In a skillet warm olive oil.
2. Add garlic, green pepper and onion. Saute for 5 minutes.
3. Add eggplant. Saute for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
4. Add seasonings, tomatoes, herbs and chick peas to stew.
5. Keep the skillet covered and simmer 30... - 44.9923
Eggplant Roll Ups
Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium saucepan, stirring well.
Gradually stir in water and tomato sauce.
Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
Set tomato sauce mixture... - 44.974
Penne With Eggplant, Peppers And Ricotta
The penne pasta with eggplant and ricotta cheese is a flavorful and delicious pasta recipe. Prepared with skillet cooked eggplannt with garlic, rosemary and hot pepper flakes, the pasta is tossed with the eggplant cheese and basil before serving hot! - 44.8482
Veal And Eggplant Casserole
1 Trim the visible fat from the meat.
2 In a skillet add 1 tablespoon oil and brown the meatfrom both the sides in it.
3 Grease a casserole with 1 teaspoon oil.
4 Arrange successive layers of the eggplant, veal, onions, tomatoes and... - 44.4739
Classic Eggplant Parmigiana
Peel the eggplant if the skin is tough.
Cut it into 1/4" to 1/2" slices.
In a shallow dish, lightly whisk together the egg and milk.
On a sheet of wax paper, combine the breadcrumbs, marjoram, oregano, basil, and pepper.
Dip the eggplant into the egg mixture,... - 44.4504
Seared Bass With Braised Onions Garlic And Eggplant
Are you calorie concious? Do you always try to avoid those calorie-laden dishes? This recipe of Seared Bass With Braised Onions Garlic And Eggplant is the end of your worries! I am sure you will be happy to know that this dish is prepared with very little oil... - 44.4113
Eggplant And Green Bean Salad
Once peeled, slice the eggplants it into rounds.
Salt both sides and stand the slices in a colander to drain for 30 minutes.
Rinse the slices, squeeze out the moisture, and pat them dry.
Cut the eggplant into strips.
After snipping off their ends, cut the... - 44.31
Roasted Eggplant Pasta Salad
Put the eggplant in a colander.
Sprinkle with the salt, and toss to coat.
Set aside for 30 minutes.
Rinse the eggplant and pat dry.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a nonstick baking sheet twice lightly with the vegetable oil spray and smooth... - 44.2178
Spicy Tofu With Eggplant And Mushrooms
Spicy tofu recipe with eggplants and mushrooms has a delicious and flavorful blend of flavors. Cooked with vegtable stock with rice wine, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, cornstarch with gibger root and onions, the eggplants and mushrooms are skillet cooked and... - 44.1525
Bow Ties With Eggplant Sauce
Heat water, broth, or wine in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat.
Add garlic, onion, and cayenne pepper.
Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes.
Add the eggplant, reduce heat to low, and continue cooking and stirring until it begins to... - 43.9341
Combine the eggplant, celery, onion, water, and garlic in a microwave-safe casserole.
Microwave, uncovered, on high for 5 minutes.
Microwave on high for 5 minutes more.
Microwave, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
Stir in red wine vinegar and... - 43.8014
Baked Stuffed Eggplant
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. To prepare the eggplant wash, cut in half lengthwise, carefully remove the pulp leaving 1/2 inch of the outer shell and dice the pulp.
3. In a pan saute the onions, mushrooms, seasonings and meat in the... - 43.4573
Garlic Braised Eggplant & White Beans
Spread eggplant cubes in a greased shallow rimmed baking pan; sprinkle with garlic, then spray with cooking spray.
Bake in a 425° oven until golden brown (about 20 minutes).
Meanwhile, heat oil in a wide frying pan over medium heat.
Add fennel seeds, red... - 43.2163
Roasted Eggplant Spread
Oh! Italian. This roasted eggplant spread is a perfect Italain recipe to compliment with your bread. Roasting gives a burnt flavor to raosted eggplant spread and this irresistible flavor would surely make your tastebuds say WOW! - 43.0194
Vegan Mediterranean Butter
1. Roast the eggplant whole in a moderate hot oven or under the broiler, until skin is charred and soft to the touch, about 40 minutes.
2. Place in a plastic bag and let it cool.
3. Peel the skin and then mince the eggplant pulp finely.
4. In a large... - 42.7754
Roasted Tomato Eggplant Crostini
Spray two 10- by 15-inch rimmed baking pans with cooking spray.
Arrange onion slices in a single layer in one of the pans; drizzle with vinegar.
Arrange tomato slices in same pan, overlapping slightly.
Arrange eggplant slices in a single layer in second... - 42.4322
Italian Eggplant And Rice
Coat a large Dutch oven with cooking spray; add olive oil.
Place over medium-high heat until hot.
Add eggplant and next 3 ingredients; saute 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Reduce heat to low; cook, uncovered, 20 minutes, stirring... - 42.4277
Feisty Eggplant Spread
Cut a 5" lengthwise slit in the eggplant and place it on a microwave-safe plate.
Microwave on high for 10 minutes, or until the eggplant is very soft and has collapsed.
Set aside for 5 minutes, or until cool enough to handle.
Cut open the eggplant and spoon... - 42.3615
1) Preheat oven to 400° F.
2) Take a 2 quart non-stick casserole and combine all the ingredients in it.
3) Bake, covered, for about 45 - 60 minutes or until vegetables get tender.
4) Arrange the cheese slices on top of casserole and... - 41.914
Spiced Eggplant Savory
1. Wash eggplant, prick it using a fork.
2. Roast eggplant over direct flame or in a preheated oven until soft. Cool roasted eggplant, and then remove the outer burnt skin completely. Wash it well. Drain excess water and chop it fine.
3. Peel and chop garlic.... - 41.2387
Middle Eastern Eggplant Baked With Yogurt And Fresh Mint
In large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tsp/5 ml of the oil and water over medium heat; cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened.
Remove onion and set aside.
Cut eggplant into 5 mm-thick slices.
Brush remaining oil over eggplant slices.
In skillet over... - 41.2138
Mash the potatoes or press them through a fine strainer into a medium bowl.
Stir in 3 tablespoons yogurt.
If the mixture is dry, add more of the yogurt.
Add the parsley, mustard, tarragon and paprika.
Peel the eggs and cut them in half lengthwise.
Use a... - 41.1663
Cut top off eggplant.
Cut into 1/2-inch slices.
Place in a microwave-safe baking dish with water.
Cover with vented plastic wrap.
Microwave on high for 7 minutes.
Combine tomatoes, chile peppers, oregano, and cumin.
Pour sauce over eggplant.
Microwave... - 40.6734
Heat water or broth in a large saucepan over medium heat.
Cook and stir until onion is tender.
Add more liquid during this process if necessary.
Add eggplant, yogurt, tomato puree, ginger, cloves, cumin, and 1 cup water.
Cook over low heat for 20... - 40.6698
1. Cut eggplant in half, lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1/2 (1.5 cm) thick slices. Cut a slit through the center of each slice to make a pocket. Lightly coat each slice with cornstarch. Set aside.
2. To make filling mixture: Heat 1 tablespoon oil in hot... - 40.5948
1. Preheat oven to 400Â° F.
2. Using a damp cloth wipe the aubergines.
3. In a baking or roasting tin, place the aubergines.
4. Place the pan in the centre of a hot oven and bake for 30-40 minutes.
5. Occasionally turn and cook until... - 40.4848
Spicy Stuffed Eggplant
This spicy eggplant dish uses comparatively less oil and it is cooked in a microwave until the final step. - 40.423
Eggplant-red Pepper Canape Spread
Pierce skin of eggplant in four places.
Place eggplant and red pepper on paper plate in microwave.
Microwave on high for 12 minutes or until both the eggplant and the pepper are very soft.
Cut the eggplant and the pepper in half and drain in a colander for 30... - 38.9233
Eggplant Tofu Casserole
1. Preheat the oven to 325°. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Halve the eggplants lengthwise, place them cut side down on the sheet and bake 40 minutes, or until completely soft.
3. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium-size nonstick... - 38.8537
Eggplant And Tomato Salad
Lower eggplants into a pan of boiling, salted water and simmer for 5-6 minutes.
Drain, then rinse in cold water to cool.
Peel and slice the eggplant; peel and chop the tomatoes and place in a salad bowl.
In a jar combine salt, seasoned pepper, lemon juice,... - 38.4767
Grilled Eggplant With Marinara Sauce
Combine first 9 ingredients in a small saucepan, simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Set aside and keep warm.
Cut eggplant into twelve 1/2-inch-thick slices.
Brush slices with oil on both sides.
Grill slices over medium coals 2 minutes on... - 38.1152
1. Slice eggplants ½-inch thick.
2. Place eggplant slices in a colander and sprinkle generously with salt. Toss well.
3. Let stand for about 1 hour.
4. Rinse eggplant slices and dry thoroughly by squeezing moisture out between several layers... - 38.061
Vankaya Pachi Pulusu
This Vankaya Pachi pulusu is a popular dish in the state of Andhra Pradesh. Here is an authentic Indian dish for all you eggplant lovers. It is something that you would love. Enjoy the difference. - 38.0474
Spiced Bean Curd And Eggplant
1. Cut bean curd into 3/4" cubes. Set in a colander to drain.
2. Blanch eggplant in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain.
3. Heat oil in wok over medium-high heat. Add ginger and garlic, stirring for 10 seconds. Stir in bean paste and cook for another 10-15... - 37.6266
1. Using fork, pierce eggplant all over wrap in paper towel and place on plate.
2. Microwave at High for 8 to 10 minutes until softened and skin is wrinkled, turning over halfway through.
3. Let it stand for 10 minutes or until cool enough to handle... - 37.217
Prick eggplant 3 or 4 times with fork.
Cook in 400° oven until tender, about 40 minutes.
Pare eggplant; cut into cubes.
Place eggplant, onion, garlic, lemon juice, oil and salt in blender container.
Cover and blend on high speed until smooth. - 37.1646
1. Prick eggplant with a fork. Broil eggplant for 20 minutes, turning several times.
2. Peel eggplant and chop pulp.
3. Mix eggplant with lemon juice, onion, parsley, garlic, and black pepper.
Variation Delete lemon juice and substitute 2 teaspoons cider... - 36.8387
Grilled Asian Eggplant With Ginger Sauce
Marcia Kiesel likes dressing up tender Asian eggplant with a vibrant fresh-ginger sauce that would also be wonderful with steamed fish or poached chicken.
Picture Credit: John Kernick
Recipe By: Marcia Kiesel
For more recipes, please visit Foodandwine.com - 36.4552
Grilled Eggplant Sandwich
1. For the sauce, combine the tomatoes, mushrooms, vinegar and fennel seeds in a small nonreactive saucepan. Cook, covered, over medium heat 10 minutes, or until the juices are rendered. Uncover the pan and cook another 15 minutes, or until the sauce is... - 35.8842
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. Stem and halve the eggplant and place the halves cut side down on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil the eggplant 6 inches from the heat 15 minutes, or until the skin is well charred. Reduce the oven temperature to 375°. (Transfer... - 35.7906
Roasted Eggplant Dip With Fresh Dill
Cut eggplant in half lengthwise and brush cut surfaces with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
Place in basket and rotate for 30 to 40 minutes or until the eggplant is very soft.
Scrape the eggplant pulp out of the skin into a food processor or blender container.
Add... - 35.204
Passover Eggplant Casserole
1. Place the eggplant, onion, green pepper, tomatoes, tomato sauce, tarragon, salt, and pepper in a 4-quart pot. Cover and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes, or until the eggplant is tender.
2. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish... - 34.1316
Red Pepper And Eggplant Terrine
1. Lightly salt the eggplant and place in a colander to drain for 30 minutes.
2. Pat the eggplant dry. Layer the slices between paper towels. Cover with a cookie sheet and weigh down with a heavy pot for 1 hour. Preheat the oven to 350°.
3. Meanwhile, place... - 34.1077
Chinese Baked Eggplant
1. Preheat the oven to 375°.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil. Trim the eggplant and halve lengthwise. Cut each half lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices, lay them on the baking sheet and sprinkle them with the oil, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper to... - 33.9605
Aubergine, Garlic And Pepper Pate
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/ Gas 6. Arrange the whole aubergines, peppers and garlic cloves on a baking sheet and place in the oven. After 10 minutes remove the garlic cloves, and turn over the aubergines and peppers.
2. Carefully peel the garlic... - 33.9193
This Eggplant sauce would surely 'light' up your taste buds. Dip your snack or pour it on your fav pasta, this wonderful eggplant sauce has varied uses. Fresh oregano and balsamic vinegar gives a heady mix of flavors to the dish. - 33.7135
Simple Eggplant Parmesan
Pierce skin of eggplant several times; arrange eggplant on paper towel on glass oven tray.
Heat at high4 1/2 to 5 1/2 minutes, or until eggplant is almost tender; let cool, then peel, if desired, and slice into 1/2-inch pieces.
Meanwhile, combine bread,... - 33.176
Eggplant And Feta Pitas
Arrange eggplant in a single layer in a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Cover; bake at 425° for 10 minutes.
Turn eggplant; cook, uncovered, 10 minutes.
Let cool slightly.
Fill each pita half with 2 eggplant slices, 1 tomato slice,... - 32.919
Italian Eggplant Spread
1. Cut each eggplant in half lengthwise. Cut 2 deep slits down the length of each half, and insert the garlic cloves and dried tomatoes in the slits.
2. Place the eggplants in a baking pan. Cover and bake at 450°F for 45 to 60 minutes, or until very tender.... - 30.5872
Eggplant And Mushrooms With Balsamic Glaze
1. In a large nonreactive skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over moderate heat until almost smoking. Reduce the heat to low. Add half of the eggplants, cut-sides down, cover and cook until browned and soft, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle in 1 tablespoon of the... - 28.1638
Healthy Roasted Eggplant Enchiladas
Enchiladas are classic Mexican rolls. The practice of rolling corn tortillas with small fish, dates back to ancient times. It is a complete meal in itself and is packed with all the essential nutrients. - 0
Low Fat Eggplant Recipes By Category