- » Low Fat Couscous
Low Fat Couscous Recipes
Enjoy our collection of low fat couscous recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for low fat couscous recipes.
Mixed Vegetable Couscous
Another tasty recipe when you are on the Diet. This Couscous recipe has its authentic-tasting version, with mixed vegetables. You won't believe how good this low-calorie Salad can be! This makes a delicious breakfast or lunch - ideal for children, but... - 120.589
Maftoul: Comforting Chicken And Couscous Soup
If you are feeling low and want something to soothe you then this is the right video to watch. Blanche is transferred to her childhood days and prepares a comforting dish which her mother used to serve her when she used to be ill. A very wholesome and... - 102.15
Baby & Toddler: Pumpkin Couscous Puree
As new moms there is always the need for baby food recipes. So, in this video, find a recipe that is fit for babies and kids, its pumpkin couscous puree. It has veggies in it and there is couscous which is healthy. And it’s easy to make for moms who have... - 92.2872
Peppers Stuffed With Pesto Couscous And Chickpea Salad
Looking for a really easy, quick and healthy weeknight vegetarian dinner? This recipe for stuffed peppers takes under 30min from start to finish and is packed with flavors and nutrients. You can also have a salad ready to be packed for your next day’s lunch... - 83.7805
Chick Pea Couscous
1.Drain chick peas and pour enough fresh water on them.
2.Boil the chickpeas on high for 10 minutes without covering.
3.Lower the flame, skim and let theingredients simmer for 25- 30 minutes until soft.
4.Drain and keep the liquid aside.
5.Blend... - 50.1023
1. In a bowl place the couscous.
2. Pour over boiling water.Let it stand for 15 minutes so that the grains are absorbed.
3. Fluff using a fork so that the clumps of grain can break apart.
4. In a skillet toast the pine nuts for 3 minutes on medium heat... - 49.8364
Couscous And Vegetables
Heat 1/4 cup of the broth or water in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add onion and garlic.
Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes.
Add more liquid if necessary during this process.
Add corn, green pepper, and mushrooms.
Cook and stir for 5 more... - 49.3356
Chick-peas With Vegetables And Couscous
Heat water or broth in a skillet over medium heat.
Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
Add bell peppers, cook and stir for 5 minutes more.
Add more liquid during this process if necessary.
Add the potatoes,... - 48.9427
Spray a Dutch oven with nonstick coating.
Brown chicken pieces on one side for 7 minutes.
Turn chicken, then add onion and garlic.
Cook about 8 minutes more or till chicken is brown and onion is tender.
Stir in garbanzo beans, tomato puree, un-drained... - 47.3072
Couscous Soup With Vegetables And Charmoula
The cous cous soup with vegetables and cous cous cooked in a vegetable stock. Flavored with garlic, cumin, onions and cloves, the cous cous soup with vegetables and charmoula is spiced with paprika and cayenne and served with a swirled spoonful of charmoula. - 47.214
1) Spray a large skillet with cooking spray.
2) Heat over medium flame till hot.
3) Add in yellow squash, zucchini, mushrooms and sweet red pepper. Saute till it becomes crisp.
4) In a large serving bowl, add in squash mixture and 3 tablespoons of... - 46.7248
Confetti Couscous Casserole
1) Preheat the oven to a temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In a large saucepan, combine together the water and salt. Bring the mixture to a boil.
3) Take the pan off the heat and add the couscous. Stir well.
4) Cover the pan and allow to... - 46.6812
Chilled Couscous Salad
1. In a bowl cover the sun-dried tomatoes with boiling water and allow them to macerate for 20 minutes.
2. Then drain the tomatoes, julienne them, and set them aside.
3. In the sink combine ice cubes and cold water and pour the 4 cups of water into a... - 46.6131
Flattened Cumin-grilled Chicken Breasts With Garlic Couscous
The flattened cumin grilled chicken breasts with garlic cous cous can be served as a complete meal. Prepared with a marinade of cumin, olive oil, garlic and orange juice with salt and pepper, the chicken is grilled and served with cooked cous cous flavored... - 46.1888
Couscous Confetti Salad
1) Take a small saucepan and bring water to a boil.
2) Stir in salt and couscous. Cover and let stand until the mixture cools down to room temperature.
3) Take a medium bowl and combine together cooled couscous with all the remaining salad ingredients.... - 45.9893
Braised Vegetables With Couscous
1) Take a nonstick saucepan of 3-quart capacity and heat oil in it.
2) Add the celery, carrot, and zucchini along with the onions and cook over high heat.
3) Stir often and continue cooking for 3 minutes until the onions become light brown in color.... - 45.9767
Stuffed Mushroom Caps With Couscous
1) Preheat oven moderate to 350°F.
2) In a baking sheet arrange the walnuts and roast for 5 minutes till light brown.
3) Transfer walnuts into a small bowl.
4) Take a large saute pan and smear with olive oil. Keep over low heat for less... - 45.8139
Sweet Semolina Pudding
1) Use a 2-quart saucepan to add milks, sugar, cornstarch, vanilla, lemon peel, and spices.
2) Dissolve the cornstarch by stirring.
3) Sprinkle with gelatin over this milk mixture and allow to stand for softening.
4) Place the saucepan... - 45.7661
Spiced Couscous And Vegetables
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the shallot and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened. Add the peppers and aubergine and reduce the heat.
2. Cook for 8-10 minutes until the vegetables are tender, adding a little water if necessary.
3.... - 45.1539
Seafood Couscous Salad
Peel and devein shrimp.
Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a saucepan; add shrimp, and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
Drain well; rinse with cold water.
Bring remaining 2 1/4 cups water to a boil in a saucepan.
Remove from heat.
Add... - 44.841
Heat water in skillet over medium heat.
Add onion, garlic, scallions, carrots, and celery.
Cook and stir for 5 minutes over medium heat.
Add more liquid if necessary during this process.
Bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in a saucepan.
Add the couscous.
Cover... - 44.5944
Vegetable Kabobs With Herbed Couscous
Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover in a medium saucepan 15 minutes or until tender; drain and set aside.
Trim ends from eggplant.
Cut eggplant in half lengthwise.
Place just one half, cut side down, on a' cutting board.
Cut vertically into 1/4 inch-thick... - 43.876
Chickpea And Couscous Salad
The chickpea and cous cous salad is an almost raw salad made with canned chickpeas and cous cous tossed with a spicy and sweet dressing. Along with red pepper, corn niblets, green onions and cilantro, the chickpea salad is dressed with honey, vinegar, lemon... - 43.1674
Crab And Tomato Broth Couscous
Puree the tomatoes in a food processor or blender.
Combine the pureed tomato, the basil, 2 tablespoons of the parsley, the thyme and tarragon in a small saucepan.
Bring to a boil over medium heat and remove from the heat immediately.
Work the puree through a... - 42.3277
Chicken & Mushroomswith Couscous
Rinse chicken; pat dry.
Place pieces between sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a flat-surfaced mallet until about 14 inch thick; then cut chicken into 1/2-inch-wide strips.
Melt margarine in a wide nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat.
Add... - 41.7811
Fruit And Spice Couscous
1) Take a small saucepan and combine together brown sugar, water, salt and allspice in it. Bring the mixture to a boil.
2) Remove from heat and immediately add couscous.
3) Cover and let stand for about 5 minutes.
4) Add raisins and... - 41.2891
Couscous With Vegetables
Bring the stock to boil in a saucepan.
Stir in the couscous, cover, and remove from the heat.
After 5 minutes, fluff the couscous, recover, and set aside.
Combine the garbanzo beans, garlic, vegetables, water, and sherry in a nonstick frying pan.
Cover and... - 41.0441
Sweet Vegetable Couscous
1. Leave the saffron to infuse in the boiling water.
2. Heat the oil in a large saucepan or flameproof casserole. Add the onion, garlic and chillies, and cook gently for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the ground ginger and cinnamon, and gently cook for a further 1-2... - 40.9646
Coat a medium saucepan with cooking spray; add oil.
Place over medium-high heat until hot.
Add green onions, and saute until tender.
Add vegetable broth and water; bring to a boil.
Remove from heat.
Add couscous and soy sauce; cover and let stand 5... - 40.4097
Couscous With Parsley
1) In a 4-cup glass measure, place the water.
2) Microwave on HIGH for 1 ½ minutes, till the water starts to boil.
3) Add all the remaining ingredients and stir well.
4) With heavy-duty plastic wrap, cover the measure and vent.
5) Microwave once again... - 39.9427
Couscous Salad With Eggs And Vegetables
1. Bring the chicken broth to boiling in a small saucepan over high heat. Add the carrot; lower the heat and simmer for 6 minutes or until the carrot is tender-crisp.
2. Add the couscous; stir. Cover the saucepan; remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
3.... - 39.6604
Herbed Instant Couscous
1. In a medium saucepan, combine broth and olive oil
2. Heat broth to boiling point.
3. Take pan off the heat and stir in the couscous
4. Immediately cover and let stand for 5 minutes until the couscous absorbs the liquid and swells.
5. Use a two... - 39.458
In a medium saucepan, combine the broth, beans, tomato, and spice blend.
Bring to a boil over high heat.
Stir in the couscous.
Cover and remove from the heat.
Let stand for 5 minutes.
Coat a k-cup custard cup or measuring cup with cooking spray.
Stir the... - 38.6387
Grilled Pork With Couscous
Trim fat and silvery membranes from pork tenderloins.
Fold thin end of each tenderloin under to make meat evenly thick; tie to secure.
Set a heavy-duty plastic bag in a shallow pan.
In bag, combine soy sauce, sake, honey, ginger, and garlic.
Add pork; seal... - 38.4861
Couscous With Cumin
1) In a saucepan, place the chicken stock and cumin together.
2) Heat the cumin mixture to boil.
3) Stir in the tomato paste and corn niblets.
4) Put the lid and cook for half a minute.
5) Fold in couscous until well mixed.
6) Take the pan off the heat... - 38.0999
Couscous Artichoke Salad
1. In a medium saucepan bring broth to boiling. Add couscous and onion. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand 5 minutes. Stir in jalapeno pepper, cinnamon, and black pepper; cool.
2. In a large bowl combine couscous mixture with artichoke hearts, tomato,... - 37.5843
Place water in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil.
Stir in couscous.
Cover, remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes.
Combine couscous and next 7 ingredients, stirring well.
Pour vinaigrette over salad, and toss gently.
Cover and chill thoroughly. - 37.1147
1. Heat the milk over stove or in the microwave to scalding point.
2. Add the Butter Buds to the hot milk and stir until blended.
3. Stir in couscous and raisins.
4. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes until couscous absorbs milk and swells.
5.... - 36.1236
Nectarine And Chickpea Couscous Salad With Honey Cumin Dressing
1. Bring 11/4 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan, stir in couscous. Remove from heat, cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork, cool.
2. Combine lime juice and next 5 ingredients (through coriander) in a large bowl, stir well with a whisk. Add... - 36.0823
Mediterranean Couscous And Lentil Salad
1. Place lentils in a large saucepan; cover with water 2 inches above lentils. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 to 30 minutes or until tender. Drain well; cool.
2. Bring broth to a boil in a medium saucepan; gradually stir in couscous.... - 35.9235
Golden Curried Couscous
In a 2- to 3-quart pan, bring broth to a boil over high heat.
Stir in raisins, lemon juice, ginger, margarine, curry powder, and couscous.
Cover pan and remove from heat; let stand for 5 to 10 minutes.
Fluff couscous with a fork. - 35.562
Quick Fruited Couscous
1. Bring orange juice, margarine, orange peel and salt to a boil in large saucepan over high heat. Stir in couscous; cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
2. Fluff couscous with fork; stir in orange pieces, grapes, tofu and raisins until well... - 34.1253
Fresh Couscous Salad
1. Bring broth to a boil. Stir in couscous and flavoring packet. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes.
2. Add carrot and remaining ingredients to couscous; toss well. - 32.415
This slightly sweet and savory side dish is perfect to serve along side many vegetable or meat stews. Really simple it can be on the table in less than 5 minutes. - 0