- » Low Fat Caribbean
Low Fat Caribbean Recipes
Enjoy our collection of low fat caribbean recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for low fat caribbean recipes.
1. Preheat oven to 375Â° F.
2. Grease a 9-inch round nonstick cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Dust the greased pan by sprinkling 2 teaspoons flour; tilting pan to coat all sides with flour.
4. Turn over the pan to remove excess... - 50.685
Martinique Green Beans
1. In a large pan, bring water to boil.
2. Add the beans and cook for 3-5 minutes until just crisp-tender.
3. Drain and rinse with cold water.
4. Drain again and keep aside.
5. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
6. Stir in... - 50.1961
Country Corn Pudding
1. Start preheating the oven to 350Â° F temperature.
2. Take a 1-quart saucepan and melt margarine in it.
3. Add scallion in melted margarine and stir-fry it against medium high heat with frequent stirring method; continue the cooking... - 50.0428
Pan Seared Scallop Salad
To make the vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, vinegar, honey, and oil.
Season with the salt and pepper.
To make the salad: In a medium bowl, combine the artichoke hearts, cucumbers, tomatoes, and shallots.
Add half of the... - 49.4972
Orange Almond Cake
1. In a large saucepan, place the oranges and cover them with water.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer oranges for 30 minutes.
2. When cooked, remove from water and cool.
3. Chop oranges with the peel, discarding piths and seeds.
4.... - 48.1164
1. To make the Skinny pie crust, in a medium-size bowl, combine whole wheat pastry flour and unbleached white flour.
2. Cut butter into flour with a pastry blender until crumbly.
3. Add water, a teaspoon at a time, until dough clings together,... - 47.5207
1) In flour, dredge the shrimp properly. Set aside.
2) Heat the oil in a 9-inch skillet.
3) Add the garlic and sautÃ© till it has turned golden in color.
4) Add the prepared shrimp and sautÃ©, occasionally turning, till the meat starts to turn... - 47.0443
No Cholesterol Orange Cake
1. Grease a (8 1/2-inch by 4 ½ inch) loaf pan. Dust it with flour.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees.
3. Into a large mixing bowl, sift flour with baking soda and salt. Stir in sugar. Keep aside.
4. In a small bowl, combine the oil,... - 45.8063
Omelette For One
Arrange carrot and zucchini in a vegetable steamer over boiling water.
Cover and steam 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain well.
Combine steamed vegetables, chives, and next 3 ingredients in a bowl; stir well.
Combine egg substitute, water,... - 45.1189
Garden Fresh Omelette
Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl; stir well, and set aside.
Beat egg whites at high speed of an electric mixer until soft peaks form; add flour, beating until stiff peaks form.
Fold egg white mixture into egg substitute mixture.
Coat a small... - 45.0565
Marinated Pineapple Wedges
1) In a 2-cup glass measure, combine together the water, apple juice, lime juice and rind and allspice.
2) Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for 2 ½ to 3 minutes, till boiling.
3) Let the mixture cool for a bit and then add the liqueur. Stir well and set... - 43.7202
Garlic Pork Chops With Balsamic Vinegar
In a medium-size pan, bring about 4 cups water to a boil.
Add unpeeled garlic cloves; boil for 1 minute.
Drain; let cool slightly, then peel and set aside.
Sprinkle chops generously with pepper.
Spray a wide frying pan with cooking spray and place over... - 43.7006
Ginger Broiled Fish
1. Preheat broiler.
2. To prepare the fish cut them into 6 serving portions, arrange in a single layer in a well-oiled preheated pan.
3. In a bowl combine all ingredients except fish, pour over fish and broil 10 to 12 minutes about 2... - 42.859
Combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl; stir well.
Add tuna, 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, and green onions; stir well.
Divide mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 4-inch patty.
Press remaining breadcrumbs evenly onto both sides of patties.
Coat a large... - 42.0156
Island Fruit In Cups
1) Take orange juice, honey and ginger in a bowl and mix them. Set aside.
2) Take the strawberries, kiwifruit and banana in a bowl. Toss them properly.
3) Spoon the prepared honey mixture over the fruit mixture. Toss them well.
4) Spoon the... - 41.8191
Sweet Potato Rum Casserole
1. Mix the first 7 ingredients well.
2. In a 1 1/2 quart casserole add oil to grease.
3. Bake for 45 minutes at 325° keeping the casserole covered.
4. Arrange the pecan halves and marshmallows on the top. Bake till the marshmallows are light brown in... - 41.5758
Seafood Louie Salad
1) Take a medium sized mixing bowl and mix the scallions, celery, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, ketchup, vinegar and pepper together with the crabmeat.
2) Refrigerate the mixture with cover on.
3) Place the lettuce on a... - 41.414
Pineapple Yam Bake
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Farhenheit.
2. In a heavy bottom pan or casserole, bring water to boil and add yams. Allow yam to cook for 25-30 minutes till soft and tender.
3. Drain excess water and mash the yam into a smooth... - 39.3796
Crab Meat Salad
1) Combine together all the ingredients in a small bowl, except for the lettuce and crab meat.
2) Add the crab meat. Toss well to combine.
3) Cover the mixture and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
4) Serve as preferred. - 39.1207
Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot.
Add diced tomato and next 7 ingredients; saute until tender, and set aside.
Combine egg substitute, milk, oregano, and pepper in a small bowl.
Coat a small nonstick skillet... - 39.0901
Summer Squash Casserole
Place squash, onion, and green pepper in a vegetable steamer over boiling water; cover and steam 10 to 12 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Combine steamed vegetables, cheese, and next 4 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir gently.
Spoon mixture... - 38.3496
Crab & Rice Chowder
Heat oil in a 4- to 5-quart pan over medium-high heat.
Add onion, mushrooms, and thyme; cook, stirring often, until vegetables begin to brown (about 8 minutes).
Add broccoli and bell pepper; cook, stirring often, until broccoli turns bright green and begins... - 37.9516
Red Snapper A L'orange
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl combine salt, pepper, orange juice, rind and oil.
3. In an oiled pan place fish pieces in a single layer, pour sauce on top of fish, sprinkle with nutmeg and bake for 20 to 30 minutes.
4.... - 37.9308
Lamb Meatballs With Curry Dip
Combine first 9 ingredients; stir well.
Shape mixture into 60 ( 1 1/4-inch) meatballs.
Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
Arrange meatballs on rack of a broiler pan that has been coated with cooking spray.
Broil 8 o 10 minutes or until browned, turning... - 37.8954
Pan Seared Red Snapper With Olive Crust
In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, oregano, olives, Parmesan, and pepper.
Firmly press the fillets into the mixture to create a uniform coating on both sides.
Coat the top of the fillets with no-stick spray.
Coat a large cast-iron skillet with... - 37.4491
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Over the peeled whole bananas sprinkle lemon juice and sugar, place on a lightly oiled pie plate and bake for 20 minutes such that slightly brown.
3. Place a sugar cube soaked in lemon extract on... - 36.7651
Swordfish With Lemon Relish
Prepare Lemon Peel Relish.
Bake in a 350° oven until lightly toasted (about 10 minutes).
Rinse fish, pat dry, and cut into 16 equal pieces, each about 1 inch square.
Then cut each piece in half horizontally so that pieces are about 1/4 inch... - 36.7194
Melt butter in a 2-quart pan and cook onion and garlic over medium heat until limp.
Stir in oregano, bay, sage, tomatoes (break up with a spoon) and their liquid, chili sauce, tomato sauce, crab, and shrimp; heat through.
Add water for thinner soup, if you... - 36.549
Steamed' in Bahamian food isn't done with water. Instead it is when food is seasoned with onion, green pepper, and either tomato paste or ketchup. This is a great Bahamian recipe using canned tuna. Great with white rice. - 36.0857
Custard Chocolate Mousse
1. Break the chocolate into segments and place in a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water. Leave until melted, stirring occasionally. Remove the bowl in the pan from the heat and allow the melted chocolate to cool slightly.
2. Place the custard in a... - 35.9176
Caribbean Style Pollock
In nonstick skillet sprayed with vegetable cooking spray, saute onion, green pepper and garlic; remove from skillet and set aside.
Place pollock in skillet; season with salt and pepper.
Spoon tomatoes and sauted vegetables over fillets.
Sprinkle with lime... - 34.9093
Cocktail Curry Dip
Put chilled sauce into blazer pan and set over hot water in pan.
When thoroughly hot, add coconut and lemon juice.
Cream may be added if consistency is too thick. - 33.8147
1. Cook onion, stirring often, in 1/2 cup of the water in a small saucepan 10 minutes, or until onion is soft.
2. Stir in curry powder; cook 1 minute. Stir in instant chicken broth, salt, ginger, applesauce, remaining 1/2 cup water and your favorite... - 33.0715
Hot Rum Lemonade
1. In a small (2-cup) microwave proof measure or mug, combine all ingredients
2. Heat in the microwave for about 2 minutes, until hot but not boiling.
3. Pour into serving mug and serve hot - 33.062
Caribbean Shrimp On A Stick
1. Place all of the marinade ingredients in a blender or food processor, and process until smooth. Place the shrimp in a shallow dish, and pour half of the marinade over the shrimp. (Refrigerate the other half of the marinade until you grill the shrimp.) Turn... - 31.202
In medium mixing bowl, combine oranges celery and coconut; toss lightly.
Add sugar and yogurt; toss gently until well blended.
Chill until serving time.
Serve on crisp lettuce. - 30.8906
Holiday Hot Buttered Rum
Into each of 4 mugs, combine 2/3 cup cider, 1 cinnamon stick and 1 tablespoon sugar.
Heat at high3 1/2 to 4 minutes. - 30.3832
Quick Curry Dip
In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, curry powder, and lemon juice until well combined.
Serve with vegetables for dipping.
Makes about 1 cup. - 29.4917
Curry Yogurt Dip
1) Mix together all the ingredients.
2) Serve the dip with vegetables of your choice. - 29.0669
Basic Curry Dip
Combine all ingredients.
Sprinkle with extra curry, if desired.
Serve with raw vegetables. - 28.8057
Combine all ingredients in container of an electric blender or food processor; top with cover, and process until smooth. - 26.0539
White Fish Stir Fry
Fish is a great source of Omega-3, and that means it is good for you! - 23.4222
Spicy Black Bean And Pumpkin Soup
Spicy Black Bean and Pumpkin Soup - PERFECT, low fat, plant-based soup that serves 8 hungry folks easily. It's take very little time to throw together. Plan ahead and bake up a loaf of rustic whole wheat bread for sopping. - 0
Low Fat Caribbean Recipes By Category
Low Fat Caribbean Course: