- » Low Fat Bean
Low Fat Bean Recipes
Enjoy our collection of low fat bean recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for low fat bean recipes.
Mexican Black Bean Dip
Cooking should be joyful and relaxing, so try this impressive black bean dip recipe at home! This delicious broad bean dip is made extra creamy with the addition of both salsa and cumin. This smooth, healthy bean dip is a great idea to serve with vegetables... - 135.134
Three Bean Salad
A nutritious recipe that's easy to make, with ingredients that will improve your mood. Beans and corn will help increase your serotonin levels - a chemical responsible for making you feel happy! Other ingredients work in complimentary ways to improve and... - 129.395
Vegetarian Bean Burgers With Sweet Potato Fries
Now this is the type of meal that would not make you miss meat at all! Barry makes a great vegetarian twist on burgers with some sweet potato fries. These bean burgers are often more delicious than the meat variety and are definitely more healthy. They are... - 112.38
Low Fat Hearty Bean And Pasta Salad
If you are on a low fat diet, you must have a salad in the fridge on which you can snack on when you get the hunger cravings. This hearty bean and pasta salad has everything, is high in fiber and proteins and low in calories and fat and ideal to satisfy even... - 102.028
Mexican Layered Bean Dip
For all the fitness freaks here's a perfect combination of taste and health. Watch fitness coach Anita Stone prepare this yummy Mexican Layered Bean Dip that you can serve with low fat tortillas. Surprise your family with this delicious recipe today. - 91.3342
Healthy Bean Soup
Are you looking for a recipe that you can prepare in your crockpot? Watch fitness expert Anita Stone prepare this lovely Bean Soup which is tasty and nutritious at the same time. Watch the video now. - 82.9592
Marinated Bean Salad
1. In a saucepan, add the sugar and salt to vinegar.
2. Heat on a low flame, stirring until the sugar dissolves in the vinegar.
3. In a large glass salad bowl, combine all the beans, the onion and pepper. Toss to mix.
4. Pour the oil, vinegar syrup... - 49.3534
Spicy Bean Tostadas
In a large saucepan combine kidney beans, hominy, tomatoes and green chili peppers, tomato sauce, celery, onion, parsley, and sugar.
Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Stir together cold water and cornstarch; add to the... - 49.0827
Mexicali Corn And Bean Bake
1) Preheat oven to 375° F.
2) Take a large skillet and heat oil in it. Add onions and cook until tender-crisp.
3) Add corn, beans, tomato sauce, chili powder and stewed tomatoes. Bring the mixture to a boil.
4) Reduce heat and simmer,... - 48.6108
Chicken, Bean, And Rice Casserole
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) Take an 8-by-12-inch non-stick pan and combine parsley and rice in it.
3) Take a saucepan and mix broth, flour, salt, milk and pepper in it. Cook to form white sauce.
4) Add beans, chicken and mushrooms to... - 48.5734
Bean Stuffed Bell Peppers
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) Take a 9 inch square or 12x8 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
3) Place the pepper halves in boiling water for about 5 minutes or until a little softened. Set aside.
4) Take a large bowl and combine... - 48.4558
Baked Potatoes With Chili Bean Sauce
1. Preheat oven to gas mark 6, 200°C (400°F).
2. Scrub potatoes and pierce the skins with a skewer several times.
3. Keep potatoes in oven and bake for 1-1 1/2 hours.
4. Drain the beans and keep in a pan.
5. Add fresh water and red... - 47.5299
Sweet Potato Bean Pie
1. Preheat oven to 350Â° F.
2. In a large skillet, add oil and sautÃ© onion and sweet potatoes until the onions are transparent and the sweet potatoes are limp.
3. Add a few drops of water if necessary to prevent scorching.
4. In a... - 47.1092
Southwestern Beef And Bean Lasagna
1. If using whole cumin seeds, in a non-stick pan, broil them over medium heat, stirring frequently until fragrant. Tip into a small bowl and set aside for sauce. Omit this step if using ground cumin.
2. In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients... - 45.8587
Enchiladas With Bean Sauce
1. Mash beans in water so that they are moist.
2. Preheat oven to 300°.
3. Mix the next 4 ingredients. Cook till the mixture gets creamy.
4. In a large baking dish add butter.
5. Spread a tortilla with a meat layer and butter bean... - 45.7306
Bean Burgers With Lime Scallion Yogurt Sauce
In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, scallion, and lime juice.
Chill the sauce until ready to serve.
In a large bowl, mash the beans with the egg white or egg substitute until only slightly lumpy.
Stir in the cilantro, onion, chile pepper, bread crumbs,... - 44.9499
Beef And Bean Soup
1. In a medium skillet, heat oil over a medium flame.
2. Sauté the chopped onion until soft and transparent.
3. Pour in the beef broth and tip in the lima beans.
4. Lower the flame and cover the skillet.
5. Simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Uncover the... - 44.8114
Bean And Rice Stuffed Peppers
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.
2) In a colander, add in the kidney beans. Wash the beans under cold water for about a minute. Let the beans drain.
3) Slice off the top ends of the peppers and scoop out their seeds.
4) Add in the peppers... - 44.5803
Baked Bean Melts
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine beans, onion, green pepper, brown sugar, molasses, mustard, and white pepper in an oven-proof casserole.
3. Bake for 40 minutes, stirring twice.
4. Remove casserole from oven. Turn on broiler. Place bread slices on a... - 44.1579
Bean Tortilla Bake
1. Combine pinto beans, navy beans, kidney beans, tomato juice, chili powder, cumin, and garlic in a saucepan. Simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Mash beans until chunky.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Place 2 tablespoons of the bean mixture on each tortilla.... - 44.025
Heat water or broth in a large, heavy soup pot over medium heat.
Add the onion, garlic, and carrot.
Cook and stir over medium heat about 5 minutes.
Add more liquid if necessary during this process.
Add 7 cups water, tomato puree or paste, lentils, green... - 43.978
Bean Bag Soup
Rinse the lima beans, lentils, yellow split peas, green split peas, pinto beans, and dried navy beans.
Depending on how much time you have, either cover with cold water and soak overnight; or cover with cold water, bring to a boil, cover tightly, and let sit... - 43.8325
Puerto Rican Bean Soup
Prepare spaghetti as directed on package.
Rinse and drain.
In 3-quart casserole, combine sausage, onion, green pepper, chili powder, salt, garlic powder, basil and oregano.
Microwave at High for 6 to 8 minutes, or until vegetables are... - 43.4723
Chili Bean Soup
1) Take a 2 quart non-stick saucepan and saute onion in it. Add water and cook for some more time.
2) In the meanwhile, take a blender container and put tomatoes in it. Process for about 30 seconds.
3) Transfer blended tomatoes to a bowl.
4) Put beans... - 43.1111
Bean And Vegetable Tortilla Stacks
Combine 1 cup farmer cheese and next 4 ingredients; stir well, and set aside.
Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add garbanzo beans and garlic.
Process bean mixture 1 minute or until smooth.
Add parsley sprigs, green onions, lemon juice, and cumin;... - 42.9689
Three Bean Cassoulet
1) Take a 2-quart slow cooker and combine all ingredients in it. Cover and cook over high setting for about 30 minutes.
2) Reduce setting to low and cook for another 5-6 hours or until vegetables turn tender.
3) Remove bay leaf.
4) Take out... - 42.8399
Bean And Pea Soup
Soak beans and peas overnight in water to cover.
Next day, cook in the water until they are tender and discard the liquid.
The chick peas will take longer to cook than the other legumes.
Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onion, pepper, celery,... - 41.9488
Bean Burritos Deluxe
In a medium bowl, combine the onions, scallions, jalapenos, and oil.
Microwave on high for 4 minutes, or until tender.
Add the beans, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and black pepper.
Place the tortillas between two paper towels.
Microwave on high for 20... - 41.9132
Tagliatelle With Pea And Bean Sauce
1. Heat the oil in a pan. Add the garlic and spring onions, and cook gently for about 2-3 minutes until softened.
2. Add the peas and a third of the asparagus, together with the sage, lemon rind and stock or water. Simmer for about 10 minutes. Process in a... - 41.4507
Three Bean Salad
1) In a steamer, allow green beans to be steamed for 5 minutes until just soft and then take them off from steamer immediately.
2) In a bowl or storage container, mix together all beans and onion.
3) For the dressing, mix vigorously vinegar, honey,... - 41.3267
Buckaroo Bean And Bacon Salsa
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat.
Add onion; saute 5 minutes or until tender.
Add garlic; saute 1 minute.
Add peas, beans, salsas, and bacon; cover and cook until thoroughly heated.
Remove from heat; stir in chopped... - 41.0597
Bean Goat Cheese Tostadas
Coat a saucepan with cooking spray; add oil.
Place over medium-high heat until hot.
Add onion, chili powder, and cumin; saute 3 minutes or until tender.
Add beans, chiles, and lime juice; stir well.
Reduce heat to low; cook until heated, mashing beans with a... - 41.007
Five Bean Chili
Heat the oil in a large saucepot over medium-high heat.
Add the onions and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes.
Add the chile pepper (if using), squash, and parsnips and cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes.
Add the broth, beans, tomatoes (with... - 40.9416
Lean Bean Salad
1. In a bowl, mix together, onions, beans and celery salt
2. In another bowl, mix together the salad dressing mix with buttermilk and mix in all the other ingredients to it
3. Pour this over the beans and toss around lightly; chill for several... - 40.6166
Italian Pasta And Bean Soup
oat a Dutch oven with cooking spray; add oil and place over medium-high heat.
Add onion and next 3 ingredients; saute until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Add vegetable broth and next 7 ingredients; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20... - 40.319
Bean And Cabbage Soup
Spray a slow cooker container with butter-flavored cooking spray.
In prepared container, combine cabbage, onion, carrots, celery, and water.
Add navy beans, ham, parsley flakes, and black pepper.
Mix well to combine.
Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
Mix... - 40.0753
Almost Bill's Rice-and-bean Special
Put the beans in a large saucepan and cover with water by 2 to 3 inches.
Bring to a boil over medium heat.
Remove from the heat.
Drain and rinse the beans.
Return the beans to the pan and cover with 2 to 3 inches of fresh water.
Add the dried chile peppers,... - 40.0605
Haricot Bean Soup
Wash beans and soak in water for 6-8 hours.
Heat oil in a pressure cooker over moderate heat.
Add onion and garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
Mix in beans, tomatoes, thyme, salt, pepper and water and cook under pressure for 20 minutes.
Stir in vinegar.
Ladle... - 40.0371
Corn And Bean Main Dish
1) Preheat oven to 450° F.
2) Take an 8-by-12-inch casserole and spread beans over the bottom.
3) Take a large bowl and mix all the dry ingredients in it.
4) Melt margarine and combine with egg whites and buttermilk.
5) Stir together... - 40.0358
Three Bean Chicken Chili
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; add oil.
Place over medium-high heat until hot.
Add onion and next 4 ingredients; saute until crisp-tender.
Add oregano and next 3 ingredients; saute 1 minute.
Add chicken broth and next 6 ingredients,... - 39.7473
Northern Bean Chili
Heat 1/4 cup of the water or broth in a large, heavy soup pot over medium heat.
Add onions, carrots, celery, and garlic.
Cook and stir for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Stir in the remaining cup water, jalapeno pepper, parsley, cannellini beans,... - 39.6108
Campfire Vegetable Bean Pasta Soup
1. Coat large Dutch oven with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Add splash of chicken broth as needed to prevent onion from sticking or browning.
2. To Dutch oven add beans, curry powder, salt,... - 39.4558
Cauliflower And Bean Soup
1. Heat the olive oil. Add the garlic, onion and fennel seeds and cook gently for 5 minutes or until the onion is softened.
2. Add the cauliflower, half of the beans and all the stock or water.
3. Bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes... - 39.2743
Great Northern Bean Soup
Place tomatoes with their juice, Great Northern beans, kidney beans, water, onions, green pepper, carrots, celery, zucchini, garlic, chili powder, basil leaves, and pepper in a large, heavy soup pot.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 45... - 39.1132
1. Combine beans, garlic, chiles or green pepper, onion, mustard, vinegar, parsley, and cayenne pepper in a blender or food processor. Process until smooth.
2. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
3. Cut rolls in half lengthwise and spread bean mixture on one half of... - 38.7881
In a large bowl, whisk together the vegetable juice, lime juice, oil, salt, lime peel, mustard, and cumin.
Add the black beans, kidney beans, soybeans, pepper, tomato, onion, and cilantro and toss to coat. - 38.771
1) In a skillet, saute the onions for about 10 minutes.
2) Toss the wax and lima beans with the green beans.
3) Use salt and pepper to season.
4) Sprinkle the Bean Panache with parsley and serve as a main dish while still hot. - 38.5711
The six bean minestrone is a bean and vegetable minestrone. Cooked together and spiced with garlic and parsley for flavor, the six bean minestrone is very filling and hearty and can be served with savory puffs or crusted bread rolls. - 38.554
Southwestern Bean And Pasta Salad
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
Drain; rinse with cold water, and drain again.
Place pasta in a large bowl.
Add corn and next 5 ingredients; toss well.
Combine mayonnaise and next 6 ingredients, stirring well.
Pour... - 38.2214
1. Heat 1/4 cup of the water or broth in a skillet over medium heat. Add green pepper, onion, apple, and garlic to skillet. Cook and stir for 5 minutes over medium heat or until tender. Add water if necessary during this process.
2. Stir in remaining cup of... - 38.1064
Chili Bean Soup
In a 3-quart casserole, combine the onions, celery, jalapefios, garlic, and oil.
Cover with wax paper and microwave on high for 5 minutes, or until the onions are translucent.
Add the beans with their liquid, stock, salsa, turkey or ham, chili powder, cumin,... - 37.7792
Slack Bean Salsa & Crisp Vegetables
Drain beans, reserving 1 tablespoon of the liquid.
Place reserved liquid and half the beans in a medium-size bowl.
Add lime juice, then mash beans with a fork or potato masher until smooth.
Stir in remaining beans, chopped cilantro, onions, and... - 36.9321
Bean And Rice Stuffed Peppers
Cut tops off peppers, and remove seeds.
Cook tops and bottoms of peppers in boiling water 5 minutes.
Drain peppers; set aside.
Combine rice and next 5 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir in 1 cup cheese.
Spoon mixture evenly into peppers, and replace pepper... - 36.7435
With a potato masher, stir in the chili powder.
Wrap the tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave on high for 45 seconds, or until pliable.
Divide the bean mixture among the tortillas.
Sprinkle the mixture with the Monterey Jack.
Roll the tortillas to... - 36.5001
Bean And Tofu Jambalaya
Coat a large saucepan with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot.
Add onion, green pepper, and garlic; saute until tender.
Add tomatoes and next 11 ingredients; stir well.
Bring mixture to a boil; stir in rice.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20... - 36.4522
Beef & Bean Burritos
In large, nonstick skillet, brown ground beef and onion over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up into 1/2 inch crumbles.
Pour off drippings.
Sprinkle cayenne, chili and salt over beef.
Stir in tomato sauce.
Simmer 10 minutes,... - 36.0731
Spaghetti With Chilli Bean Sauce
1. To make the sauce, put the chopped onion, garlic and chilli into a nonstick pan with the stock. Bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes until tender.
2. Add the tomatoes, tomato puree, wine, seasoning and oregano. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer the... - 35.9808
Mexican Rice And Bean Casserole
In large skillet or Dutch oven, heat oil with water over medium heat.
Add onion, garlic, mushrooms and green peppers; simmer, stirring often, until onion is tender, about 10 minutes.
Add rice, beans, tomatoes, chili powder, cumin and cayenne; cover and simmer... - 35.8983
Big Bean Salad Bowl
Place sugar, wine vinegar, and white pepper in a small saucepan and bring to a boil for 1 minute.
Remove from heat.
Combine string beans, wax beans, lima beans, kidney beans, yellow or green pepper, celery, and onions in a large glass bowl.
Pour the sugar and... - 35.7522
Hot Triple Bean Salad
In 2-quart casserole, combine green beans, onion, garlic and Italian dressing.
Microwave at High for 6 to 8 minutes, or until onion is tender, stirring to break apart beans after half the time.
Add remaining ingredients.
Microwave at High for... - 35.7337
Chilli Bean Bake
1. Soak the beans overnight in cold water. Drain and rinse well. Pour 1 litre / 1 1/4 pints / 4 cups water into a large, heavy-based saucepan, add the beans and bay leaf and boil rapidly for 10 minutes. Lower the heat, cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or... - 35.5497
Healthy Three Bean Salad
1) Open the cans of beans and drain.
2) Slice the onion and mix all the ingredients.
3) Refrigerate for at least one hour.
4) Goes great with oven fried fish. - 35.5391
Bean Salad With Tomato Dressing
Line salad bowl with lettuce leaves.
Toss together sprouts, drained and rinsed beans, shallots and radishes; place in salad bowl.
Serve Dressing separately.
Dressing: Puree or process all ingredients until smooth. - 35.2423
Spicy Bean Hot Pot
1. Wipe the mushrooms, then cut them into small pieces. Set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large saucepan or flameproof casserole, add the onions and garlic and cook over a gentle heat for 10 minutes until soft.
3. Add all the remaining ingredients except the... - 35.192
Bean Cabbage And Apple Sandwich
1. Blanch the cabbage in a small saucepan of boiling water 2 minutes; drain, cool under cold water and transfer to a medium-size bowl.
2. In a medium-size skillet, cook the bacon over medium-low heat about 6 minutes, or until crisp. Pour off all but 2... - 35.1217
1) Take a blender container and combine all ingredients in it.
2) Process the ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
3) Cover and chill for several hours.
4) Garnish with chives and serve with your favorite snacks. - 34.9718
Two Bean Chili
1. In 3-quart nonstick saucepan heat oil; add onion, bell pepper, and garlic and cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until onion is softened, 1 to 2 minutes.
2. Sprinkle flour over vegetables and stir quickly to combine; cook, stirring... - 34.6915
Bean Carrot Salad
In a medium saucepan combine beans and water. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 2 minutes. Stir in carrots. Cook, covered, about 5 minutes or till beans and carrots are crisp-tender. Drain.
In a medium bowl combine beans, carrots, and... - 34.4086
Marinated Bean Tuna And Tomato Salad
Place beans in colander and rinse thoroughly with cold water .
Dry on paper towels and transfer to large serving bowl.
Combine oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper in small bowl or jar with lid and stir or shake well.
Pour over beans.
Add tuna,... - 34.36
Spicy Bean Patties
1. Preheat oven to 400Â°F. Using a fork, in medium mixing bowl mash beans; add rice, egg substitute, bread crumbs, Mexican seasoning, ground red pepper, and salt and stir to thoroughly combine; set aside.
2. Spray small nonstick skillet with nonstick... - 33.9592
Jack's Bean Stalks
Drain the beans and save a little liquid.
Mash beans with a fork, process in food processor or blend in blender, adding a little bean liquid for a creamier texture.
Stir in cheese and chili powder.
Simmer over low heat until cheese melts.
When... - 33.4632
Super Quick Bean Sandwich
1. Mash the beans slightly and spread on the bread or bagel half.
2. Top each open-faced sandwich with 1/2 tablespoon cottage cheese.
Sprinkle with paprika.
3.Place the bean sandwiches under the broiler until they are warm and slightly... - 33.3141
Two Bean Salad
1. Cut the green beans into 1-inch pieces, and place in a microwave or stove-top steamer. Cover and cook at high power or over medium-high heat for 6 to 8 minutes, or until tender. Rinse with cool water and drain.
2. Place the green beans in a large bowl. Add... - 33.2178
Bean And Carrot Soup
1.In a saucepan, heat carrot, green beans and water.
2.Put the lid on and let them simmer for 30 minutes until soft.
3.Put the mixture in a blender and blend.
4.Serve in a bowl or freeze in ice cube trays for later use. - 33.018
Two Bean Chili
1. Place the ground beef in a 6-quart stock pot, and brown over medium-high heat, stirring constantly to crumble. Drain off any excess fat.
2. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, onion, green pepper, herbs and spices, and bouillon granules to the beef, and stir... - 32.9241
Bean And Tuna Salad
1. For the dressing, in a small bowl combine the lemon juice, oil, parsley, rosemary, pepper and salt, and whisk until blended.
2. In a large bowl toss together the carrots, scallions and celery.
3. If using canned beans, rinse them under cold running water... - 32.517
Bean Threads With Tofu And Vegetables
1. Place tofu on shallow plate; drizzle with oil and 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce.
2. Combine broth and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce in deep skillet or large saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat. Add bean threads; simmer, uncovered, 7... - 32.258
Spanish Three Bean Chili
1. Drain the beans thoroughly in a colander, rinse them well under cold running water and set them aside to drain again.
2. Heat a large nonstick saucepan over medium heat. Add the beef, onion and garlic to the pan and saute until the beef is browned and the... - 32.2266
Simply Super Bean Salad
1.In a large bowl put florets, beans, onion and oil and shake them all well.
2.Allow the ingredients a time of 30 minutes or more to settle.
3.Serve in a dish. - 31.6703
Creamy Bean Soup
1. Cover beans with water and soak overnight in soup pot. Drain.
2. Add ham. Cover with water again and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 1 hour.
3. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer 1 more hour or until beans are tender. - 30.7563
Low Fat Bean Dip
Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
Transfer to a serving bowl.
Use raw vegetables or tortilla chips for dipping.
Store in the refrigerator - 30.6077
Quick Bean Soup
Combine all ingredients in a large Dutch oven; bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour. - 30.0995
Taco Bean Soup
The taco bean soup is a bean and vegetable soup made with taco sauce for flavor and taste. cooked together with added green chilies for heat, this taco bean soup recipe is made with pinto beans and can be served as a filling side or course with meals. - 29.6464
Tropical Bean Salad
1. For the dressing, in a small bowl combine the stock, mustard, lemon juice, oil and garlic. Add pepper to taste and whisk until smooth. Stir in the basil; set aside.
2. Wash and trim the Romaine and cut the leaves in half crosswise; wrap the top halves in... - 28.9685
Curried Bean Salad
Drain the lima beans, wax or green beans, and kidney beans. In a medium bowl stir together the lima beans, wax or green beans, kidney beans, green pepper, and green onion.
In a small bowl stir together French dressing and curry powder. Add to bean mixture;... - 28.5026
Low-fat Northern Beans Snack Dip & Sun Chips
1. Drain and rinse the beans.
2. Chop onion and garlic.
3. In a pan, sauté onion and garlic.
4. In a food processor, combine beans and sautéed garlic, pepper, liquid amino and onion. Blend until smooth.
5. Serve it with... - 0
Low Fat Bean Recipes By Category