- » Low Carb Vegetarian Appetizer
Low Carb Vegetarian Appetizer Recipes
Enjoy our collection of low carb vegetarian appetizer recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for low carb vegetarian appetizer recipes.
Mexican Squash Soup
1. In a pan, dry roast the anchove chillies. Roast till they begin to form blisters and put them in water to rehydrate.
2. In another pan, toast the pumpkin seeds till they pop. Put them in a blender and blend till fine. Set aside.
3. Prepare... - 125.043
Easy Japanese Miso Soup
Asian particularly Thai style soups with soybean are nutritious as well as delicious. Check out the recipe to make Miso Soup out of miso paste, tofu and other typical Japanese ingredients. Simple to make and great in taste! - 110.825
Low-carb Tomato And Capsicum Soup
Wondering which soup to prepare today? Help is at hand! Try this Low-carb Tomato and Capsicum Soup! This red colored appetizing soup is low in carbohydrates as well as delicious to taste! - 109.155
Chef Ed shows how to make two types of salads in the video. One is the green leaves salad and the other is the regular salad. These salads are very healthy and you can always make more and store in the refrigerator. - 107.113
Low Carb Cauliflower Bisque
Want to enjoy bisque but worried about the carbs? Here is a Low Carb cauliflower Bisque recipe video by Chef Kelly from Lowcarbcafe who comes up with low carb recipe in all her videos. She has a demo for the recipe as well as the written down recipe at the... - 103.12
Gluten Free Chickpea Bruschetta
1. Slice cucumbers thick enough that they can hold some weight.
2. In a large bowl, add chickpeas and lemon juice. Mix well. Mash chickpeas with a potato masher or back of a spoon. They do not have to be fully mashed, just spreadable.
3. In another... - 92.9523
Instant Mixed Vegetable Soup
Instant Chinese soup? Here is another great instant recipe from Ching’s! A wonderful mixed vegetable soup. Chef Vikas shows you how to make this the right way. Watch and learn. - 81.277
Fruit Pasta Salad
1) In a pan boil water and add pasta, cooking oil and salt. Cook uncovered in Dutch oven for about 6 to 8 minutes.
2) Drain from the liquid and rinse with cold water. Drain well.
3) Put pasta back to the pot.
4) Mix pineapple, oranges, grapes and... - 52.8566
Rice Noodle Salad With Vegetables And Tofu
Cook noodles according to package directions.
Combine mint and next 6 ingredients (through garlic).
Combine half of mint mixture and rice noodles in a large bowl.
Heat dark sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add yellow... - 50.6049
1) In a frying pan heat olive oil.
2) Stir in onion and garlic.
3) Stir fry for 5 minutes until soft.
4) Mix tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, parsley flakes, basil, oregano and salt.
5) Combine together.
6) Boil the mixture.
7) Stir occasionally for... - 49.9648
Herb Broth Tomato Soup
For those who want a quick and easy soup base, throw all the broth ingredients into a saucepan with 1.2 litres (2 pt) water and bring to the boil.
Simmer for 10-15 minutes, strain and use.
To make the soup, use a heavy-bottomed soup pot to fry the onion and... - 49.6964
Garden Gazpacho With Garlic Toasts
1. To make the soup - in the blender put in cucumbers, tomatoes, lemon juice, olive oil, bell pepper.
2. Process to blend and get a chunky mixture.
3.Take a non aluminium bowl and transfer contents into it.
4. Add in the pepper, salt, cilantro and the... - 49.6937
Tomato Sauce For Snacks
1) In Dutch oven heat cooking oil over medium heat.
2) Stir in onion and garlic.
3) Saute for 5 minutes until soft.
4) Mix the remaining ingredients and stir.
5) Bring to boil and cook uncovered.
6) Cook for about 1 hour stirring... - 49.6724
Chilled Carrot Soup
In 1 1/2-quart casserole, combine all ingredients, except half-and-half.
Microwave at High for 20 to 25 minutes, or until vegetables are very tender, stirring twice.
Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
Pour into blender or food processor... - 49.31
1) In a large saucepan mix the first 9 ingredients.
2) Boil the mixture.
3) Cover and simmer slowly for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
4) Remove the bay leaf.
5) Mix raw shells to it.
6) Simmer for about 10 minutes.
7) Stir in between.
8) Add water if... - 49.2492
Sweet Corn Soup
In a saucepan, combine corn and three cups stock.
Cook on medium fire for five to ten minutes.
Liquidise half the corn.
Mix it with the rest of the corn.
Blend balance stock with cornflour.
Cook till transparent and clear, stirring all the time.
Add corn... - 48.4523
Vegetable Pasta Salad
1) In a large saucepan boil water. Add pasta, cooking oil and first amount of salt till firm.
2) Drain from the liquid and rinse with cold water. Drain well.
3) Put the pasta back to the pot.
4) Stir in next 5 ingredients to rotini in pot.
5) In a... - 48.0111
Baked Vegetable Wontons
1) Preheat oven moderate to 375°F.
2) To prepare Soy and Ginger Dipping Sauce, in a saucepan boil water. Add dried mango to it.
3) Let stand for about 30 minutes.
4) In a small bowl strain the water. Keep 1/2 cup of the fruit-flavored... - 47.5894
Stuffed Hors D'oeuvre Artichokes
1) Snap off the artichoke stems at the base and discard the tough outer leaves.
2) Cut away the edges from the artichoke base.
3) Remove the top third of each artichoke by cutting to remove the spiny tips.
4) Place the artichokes upside down on... - 47.1613
Red Pepper Sauce
1) In a frying pan heat butter. Add red pepper and onion and sautÃ© until soft.
2) Transfer the mixture into a blended and process till smooth.
3) In a saucepan heat cream and salt until it starts to boil.
4) Stir in between.
5) In a small bowl mix... - 46.4113
A vegetarian mix of stir fried vegetables wrapped in a delicate spring roll wrapper. Fried right you get a crunchy wrapper with a tasty vegetable inside. Put dollop of Duck Sauce on the roll before each bite, it's fruity taste adds to the complexity of this... - 45.0705
White Vegetable Soup
1. Take small quantities of mixed vegetables, wash and peel them. Do not use large quantities of strongly flavored vegetables such as turnip and onion
2. Using a knife, Dice the vegetables into neat 1/4 inch cubes.
3. Heat a saucepan,... - 44.4475
Tuscan Tomato Soup
1) In a large heavy pot,stir in butter until melted.
2) Now,cook the carrots, celery, and onion over moderate-low heat for about 20 minutes or until tender, but do not brown them.
3) To the mixture in the pot also add tomatoes, sugar, and half the... - 44.3504
Grilled Fennel And Endive With Olive Vinaigrette
Prepare a fire for indirect-heat cooking in a covered grill .
Position the grill rack 4-6 inches (10-15 cm) above the fire.
To prepare the vinaigrette, place the olives in a sieve and rinse briefly with cold water.
Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
Chop... - 44.207
Black Bean Soup
Drain the beans when they are tender and mash them slightly with a fork. (The bean stock would be excellent stock for the soup, so don't throw it away.)
Heat the oil in a large-soup pot or pressure cooker that holds at least 4 quarts. Saute the onions,... - 43.8557
Sweet Corn Soup
Remove the green leaves from the corn, and put corn cobs (split down the centre if wished) with the onion into a pan of water and simmer steadily until the corn is soft.
Strip off the cob.
Make a white sauce with the butter, flour and milk, add the 1/2 pint... - 42.4006
Creamy Low Carb Squash And Mint Soup
Very savory and delicious. This unique creamy, squashy, minty soup can be eaten hot or cold.....defiantly NOT your Mom's squash recipe - 42.2488
1. Cut the bell peppers in half and remove the cores and seeds, then chop coarsely. Peel the cucumber, cut it in half lengthwise, then cut into fourths. Remove the seeds with a teaspoon, then chop the flesh coarsely.
2. Put the chopped red bell peppers,... - 42.231
Garlic & Almond Soup
1. Tear the bread into small pieces and put in a bowl. Pour over enough cold water to cover and soak for 10-15 minutes. Using your hands, squeeze the bread dry. Transfer the moist bread to a food processor.
2. Cut the garlic cloves in half lengthwise and use... - 40.1125
Cold Tomato Bisque
1. In an electric blender, put together 1 1/2 cups milk, the soups and sour cream and blend at medium speed until smooth.
2. Transfer the soup into a serving bowl and stir in the remaining milk.
3. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for... - 39.6325
Indonesian Fried Tofu And Bean Sprout Salad Tahugoreng
1. Place the bean sprouts in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water and let stand for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; drain well. Dry on paper towels. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or overnight.
2. Dry the tofu cakes on a paper towel. Cut... - 39.4894
Black Eyed Pea And Mint Marigold Salad
1. In a medium saucepan, bring 4 cups of water to a boil over moderately high heat. Add the fresh or thawed peas and boil until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain, refresh under cold running water and set aside.
2. In a medium nonreactive skillet, cook the bacon... - 39.344
Chicken Sweet Corn Soup
1. Bring chicken stock to boil.
2. Add chopped onion, ginger-garlic paste and salt and cook for a few minutes.
3. Add chicken, sweet corn and chillies.
4. When the soup is boiling vigorously, add vinegar, soya sauce and aji-no-moto.
5. Lastly, add beaten egg... - 39.1404
Thinly slice zucchini, celery, carrots and scallions and place in a salad bowl.
Sprinkle with parsley, salt and seasoned pepper.
Mix mayonnaise and lemon juice in a small bowl until smooth, then pour over the salad.
Toss gently until all vegetables are coated. - 38.7117
Chilled Cucumber Soup
1. Scrub cucumber to remove any wax, but do not peel.
2. Coarsely grate cucumber and place in a large bowl. Capture as much liquid as possible.
3. Add remaining ingredients and hand mix.
4. Chill for at least 1 hour prior to serving. Garnish with a sprig of... - 38.6449
Salad Of Flageolet Beans With Fennel And Walnuts
1. In a medium saucepan, soak the beans in plenty of cold water for at least 6 hours or overnight. Pour off the water, re-cover the beans with fresh water and bring to a boil. Boil the beans vigorously for 5 minutes. Drain the beans in a colander and rinse... - 38.3198
Peel and pit avocados.
Puree in a blender with lemon extract.
Blend in chicken broth and sherry.
Pour into a bowl and whisk in cream.
Season to taste with salt and cayenne.
Chill. - 37.8388
Orange & Fennel Salad
1. Using a small serrated knife, remove the rind and pith from 1 orange, cutting carefully from the top to the bottom of the orange so it retains its shape. Work over a small bowl to catch the juices.
2. Peel the remaining oranges the same way, reserving all... - 37.3212
Sweet Corn Soup
: I love this Sweet Corn Soup Recipe. I try this recipe whenever friends visit my home. Sweet Corn Soup is a very popular Chinese soup. It is generally taken during lunch or dinner as a starter. You should try this Sweet Corn Soup Recipe. - 35.977
Watermelon Feta Salad
A tasty, healthy treat that is perfect to serve at your upcoming BBQ.
Nutrition (per 1.5 cups)
Calories: 146 Fat: 7g Carbs: 13g Fiber: 1.1g Sugars: 10g Protein: 10g - 35.5865
Homemade Salsa And Guacamole
For the salsa, combine all ingredients together and stir. Then in a seperate bowl combine all the guacamole ingredients together and stir.
*This is best made a couple of hours in advanced. - 35.545
Consomme A La Jardiniere
1. Prep the vegetables: Shell peas. Using a knife, dice carrot into very small pieces; dice cauliflower into very small sprigs about the size of the peas.
2. Boil the vegetables in salted water for 5 minutes until they turn soft.
3. Boil the stock;... - 34.9832
1) In a blender add all ingredients and blend until smooth.
2) Transfer into a bowl and chill until serving.
3) Serve cold. - 34.363
Gazpacho With Mixed Veggies
1. ln a blender or food processor place half the tomatoes with onion and garlic. Puree until smooth.
2. Transfer mixture to a bowl. Stir in green pepper, cucumber, tomato juice, water, vinegar and remaining chopped tomato.
3. Refrigerate for at least 30... - 34.0076
Colorful Corn Salad
1. Cook corn according to package directions, omitting salt. Drain well, and let cool.
2. Combine corn, pimiento, and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well. Cover and chill at least 3 hours. - 33.2584
Mushrooms With Sour Cream
Wipe mushrooms and trim stems, do not peel, slice thinly and evenly.
In a salad bowl, combine sour cream, milk, lemon juice, salt and pepper and mix well.
Add mushrooms and baste, sprinkle with chives. - 33.0718
Warm Black Bean And Spinach Salad
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, green onions, and garlic; saute 4 minutes. Add chopped pepper; saute 2 minutes. Add beans and remaining ingredients; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently. Place... - 32.1538
Minted Cucumber And Tomato Salad
1. Combine first 3 ingredients, crushing with a mortar and pestle. Add yogurt and lemon juice; stir well. Cover and chill.
2. Combine cucumber, tomato, and cilantro. Add yogurt mixture, and toss well. - 32.1114
Brush cut surfaces of avocados with lemon juice.
Fill center of each half with pineapple chunks and put on greens on individual salad plates.
Top each with 2 tablespoons dressing and sprinkle with coconut.
Makes 6 servings. - 30.9439
Lemon Mayonnaise Dressing
Mix together all ingredients.
Refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour.
Can be used as a salad dressing or as a sauce over fish or steamed vegetables. - 30.7914
Spicy Pineapple Pickups
1. To 1/3 cup of reserved pineapple juice, add vinegar, sugar, cloves, and cinnamon stick. Simmer for 8 minutes.
2. Add pineapple chunks and heat until just boiling. Chill 1-2 days.
3. Drain and serve with toothpicks. - 29.9525
Vegan Tomato Garlic Soup
How to Cook... An Adventure in Aliamentation Episode 01, Part 1/2. Learn how to make a delicious vegan tomato garlic soup. Perfect for those cold rainy days or if a friend is feeling sick! You can also watch me try to make a soymilk steamer (and make a... - 22.8041
Please watch video or for printable directions and ingredients visit our website at www.HowToExpo.com - 18.476
Delicious Carrot Tomato Soup
This is a very healthy dish for kids. (For adults too, without the butter). Carrots and tomatoes are rich in vitamin A and vitamin C. Vitamin A is necessary for the formation of healthy bones, skin, and tissues. Vitamin C has disease-fighting properties and... - 0
Vegetarians Delight - Creamy Vegetable Salad
If suddenly some guest arrives at your home and you don’t know what to serve them as an appetizer, then this salad is your savior. This salad can get prepared in 15 minutes and that will leave your guest satisfied and happy. - 0
Easy Hot And Sour Soup
Chinese Hot and Sour Soup is among the most ordered dish in any restaurant. Try this easy and healthy recipe at your home and give a nice treat to your family. - 0
Spinach And Cottage Cheese Soup
This is a spinach rich soup with cottage cheese added to it. You can't find a better way to have spinach in a soup which is iron rich. Super simple to make and packed with flavor and nutrients. A must try! - 0
Creamy Zucchini Soup: Raw, Dairy-free
In this video, raw food chef and author Jennifer Cornbleet shows you how to prepare Cream of Zucchini Soup with zucchini, avocado, white miso paste, and other wholesome ingredients. It's a popular raw food recipe from her book Raw Food Made Easy for 1 or 2... - 0