- » Low Calorie Eggplant
Low Calorie Eggplant Recipes
Enjoy our collection of low calorie eggplant recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for low calorie eggplant recipes.
I hear all the time from parents that their kids "just don't like meat!" For all those children and parents out there that want a delicious burger without the red meat, this one's for you! These Eggplant Burgers are easy to prepare, freeze and will fulfill... - 124.41
Quick Eggplant '101'
Eggplant is a commonly available vegetable, all over the world. But, how much do we know about this bright, purple-colored vegetable? Collect all the important information about the eggplant in this video. Chef ends it up with a quick eggplant recipe, which... - 118.091
What is a better way to use fresh seasonal produce than to make Ratatouille? Watch this video to learn how to make a simple home-style ratatouille from MrJingjong aka Jay. This recipe is meant for the aimless cook! It makes a wonderfully rustic summer side... - 81.0107
Eggplant Salad Trinidadelish
1. Wash eggplant; prick skin several times with fork.
2. Place on baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until eggplant becomes tender.
3. Cool the baked eggplant and peel off its skin; cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
4. Take a large bowl and... - 49.1866
Fennel And Eggplant Salad
1) Preheat the oven to 450°.
2) In a large bowl, place the eggplant and toss with 1/2 cup olive oil and the black pepper.
3) In 2 baking sheets, arrange the eggplant cubes in a single layer.
4) Place the baking sheets inside oven to... - 48.9847
Beef And Eggplant
Beef And Eggplant goes well with veegatables. The gree beans and tomato sauce gives the Beef And Eggplant a superb taste. - 48.7018
Indian Style Brinjal Curry
In a pan add oil when it is hot add mustard seeds,allow to pop up
Now add curry leaves, onion and fry till golden brown.
Now add methi leaves and fry till they become soft.
Add ginger and garlic paste,brinjal and fry till they are cooked.
Now add tomato and... - 48.4216
Pasta With Eggplant Prosciutto Sauce
1. Take a 10-inch nonstick skillet and add oil in it for heating against medium low heat.
2. Add eggplant to it, cook by stirring.
3. Cover the cook the eggplants under medium intensity of flame until eggplants turn soft; it should take ideally 5-7... - 48.2072
Moong Ki Hari Dal With Brinjal Curry
In a pressure cooker put oil,then add mustard seeds,allow to splutter.
Then add curry leaves,onion and fry till it turns to golden brown.
Now add methi leaves and fry till it becomes soft
Add brinjal,aloo tomato and fry till tomato becomes mashy and brinjal... - 48.1544
Eggplant Stuffed With Tuna
1) Cut at thin, lengthwise slice from each eggplant and remove pulp to make a 1/4-inch thick shell; dice pulp.
2) Dice the pulp and keep aside.
3) In a frying pan, melt margarine and saute green pepper and onion until tender.
4) Fold in... - 47.5867
Toovar Lilva Brinjal Upma
In a kadai put oil,when it is hot
Add mustard seeds,allow to splutter.
Then add jeers seeds,urad dal,channa dal,curry leaves,onion,greenchillies.
Fry onion till it turns light pink.
Then add ginger and garlic paste and fry for 3mins.
Now add brinjal and fry... - 47.5555
Methi Brinjal Curry
In a pan put oil.
When it is hot add mustard seeds,allow to splutter,
Then add curry leaves,onion and fry till onion turns to brown colour.
Then add methi leaves and fry till it becomes mashy.
Now add ginger and garlic paste and fry till raw smell goes.
Then... - 47.2871
Thai Eggplant Salad
1) Place shallots, garlic, cilantro and red pepper flakes on a cutting board.
2) In the first step,mince those on the cutting board, then mash to a paste with the help of side of a chef's knife.
3) Pare eggplants and cut into strips of 2 x 3/4 x... - 47.2271
Roasted Eggplant Salad
Remove and discard mushroom stems.
Place mushrooms, eggplant, and corn in a large roasting pan coated with cooking spray.
Coat eggplant mixture with cooking spray; toss, and coat again with cooking spray.
Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned,... - 47.1613
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and pierce eggplant with fork.
2. Into a shallow baking dish add eggplant.
3. Let it bake 1 hour or until soft, turning once.
4. Trimming off ends slice eggplant in half lengthwise.
5. In a colander place... - 47.1078
Eggplant Supper Soup
1. In a Dutch oven add salad oil and heat.
2. Add onions and saute for 3 minutes till they are limp.
3. Mix carrots, garlic, tomatoes, sugar, pepper, salt, beef broth, eggplant, celery and nutmeg.
4. Cover and let the ingredients simmer for 30... - 46.9886
Baked Stuffed Tomatoes With Eggplant And Zucchini
1) Preheat the oven to 350°.
2) Cut the top quarter from the stem end of each tomato. Trim, chop and reserve the tops.
3) With a spoon, scoop out the insides and reserve for some other purpose.
4) Season the tomato shells with 1/4 teaspoon of... - 46.7828
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) Cut the stem of the eggplant as well as a very thin slice from the top. Then half the eggplant lengthwise.
3) From each half, cut three Â¼-inch thick slices of about 1 ounce each, starting from... - 46.4756
1) In a small bowl, place the bell pepper and season with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt.
2) In a medium bowl, place the eggplant cubes and toss by adding remaining 2 teaspoons salt.
3) Place the vegetables aside for about an hour.
4) Rinse the bell... - 46.418
Eggplant And Spinach Timbales
1) Remove the eggplant stem and cut into half along the length.
2) With a sharp knife, score the flat surfaces with deep diagonal cuts.
3) Season with 1 teaspoon of the salt and let drain on paper towels, cut-side down, for 1 hour.
4) Preheat... - 46.0851
Eggplant Tuna Salad
1) To make the dressing, combine together all the ingredients for the dressing in a small saucepan.
2) Bring the mixture to a boil.
3) Reduce the heat and gently simmer for about 10 minutes, occasionally stirring.
4) To make the salad, arrange the... - 45.7615
Eggplant Mousse In Ramekins
Put the onions in a dish and microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for 2 minutes.
Add the eggplant (aubergine) slices.
Pour the oil and white wine over.
Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with garlic powder and thyme.
Cover and microwave on HIGH for 10... - 45.607
Put the onions in a casserole.
Cover and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes.
Rinse and seed the red bell pepper and remove the pith.
Cut the flesh into long strips and then into dice.
Add the strips to the onions.
Cover and microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes.
Stir... - 45.3291
Put the eggplant (aubergine) on a large dish with 1/4 cup (3 tablespoons) of water.
Add the garlic to the eggplant (aubergines).
Cover and microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes.3.
Remove the crusts from the white bread.
Add the sour cream (creme fraiche) and knead... - 45.1115
Eggplant With Tomatoes
Put the onions and bacon in a bowl.
Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for 5 minutes.
Arrange half the eggplant (aubergines) in a round Pyrex dish 10 inches (25 cm) in diameter.
Season with salt and pepper and crumble 1 thyme sprig over.
Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon... - 45.0061
Brinjal Methi And Aloo Sabzi
In a pan add oil,when it is hot add mustard seeds.
When it starts to splutter add onion and fry till golden brown.
Then add methi leaves,ginger and garlic paste and fry till it turns soft.
Now add brinjal,aloo,tomato,water and allow themto cook and tomato... - 44.7256
1. Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
2. Lengthwise cut aubergines into half; scoop out seeds.
3. Finely dice onions, mushrooms and pepper.
4. Bake aubergines in preheated oven for 5-10 minutes.
5. In a non-stick pan, brush oil and cook... - 44.5684
Baked Classic Eggplant Parmigiana
For tomato sauce, in saucepan cook onion, celery, and garlic in 2 tablespoons oil till vegetables are tender.
Stir in un-drained tomatoes, tomato paste, bay leaf, parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, oregano, and pepper.
Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
Boil gently,... - 44.562
1. Heat oven to 350°.
2. Line a cookie sheet or 15 x 10-inch baking pan with foil.
3. Lightly spray using vegetable oil cooking spray or oil lightly.
4. On prepared pan place eggplant cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices in single layer.
5.... - 44.5373
Combine flour and salt.
Dip eggplant into beaten egg, then in flour mixture.
In large skillet brown eggplant in hot oil; drain well on paper toweling.
Place 1 layer of eggplant in 10x6x2-inch baking dish, cutting slices to fit.
Sprinkle with half the... - 44.1568
Grilled Aubergine Salad
1. Cut the top and base off the aubergines. Slice lengthways into 1 cm slices. Lay the slices on a board or plate and lightly sprinkle with salt. Leave for 15 minutes to draw out some of the excess moisture. Rinse and pat dry with kitchen paper.
2.... - 43.1588
Baked Italian Eggplant Parmigiana
Peel eggplant and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
In a small mixing bowl toss together the bread crumbs and melted margarine.
Place egg white in another small bowl.
Spray a cold 12-inch skillet with non-stick coating.
Preheat over medium heat.
Dip... - 42.6115
Lemon Eggplant Salad
Peel and dice eggplant into 2 cm (1/2 inch) cubes.
Place water, salad oil, coriander, salt, lemon juice, fresh herbs, and bayleaf into a saucepan.
Bring to boil, add eggplant and simmer until just tender (it must not be mushy).
Remove eggplant and reduce... - 42.3064
Aloo-baingan (potato-eggplant Curry)
Aloo-Baingan is yet another Indian curry prepared by simmering potatoes and eggplants in a tomato-onion based gravy. Eggplants and potatoes make an absolutely delicious combination and the simmering of these vegetables in this delicious gravy result in a... - 42.0379
Stuffed Brinjal Curry
First wash Brinjal and cut 4 sides .
Stuff the Grinded masala inside the brinjal keep aside.
In a pressure cooker add Oil when it is hot add Mustard seeds,curry leaves and fry for a sec.
Then add the stuffed brinjal,water little,salt,lemon juice and taste... - 41.5555
Greek Eggplant Salad
1. Preheat broiler. On baking sheet lined with heavy-duty foil broil eggplant and red bell pepper 4 inches from heat source, turning frequently, until charred on all sides; let stand until cool enough to handle.
2. Over small bowl to catch juice, peel... - 41.3415
Braised Eggplant And Tomato With Sage
1) Remove the stem ends from the eggplants. Cut into half along the length.
2) Sprinkle the eggplants with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and let stand for 30 minutes.
3) Gently squeeze excess liquid from the eggplants and blot dry with paper... - 41.2714
Eggplant In Cream Sauce
Put the garlic, onion and bacon in a casserole.
Cover and microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes.
Add the eggplant (aubergines) to the casserole.
Add the thyme, white wine and salt and pepper to taste.
Cover and microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes.
When the... - 41.191
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Place eggplants on a baking sheet and cook for 1 hour.
Cut in half, scoop out the pulp and puree it in a blender or food processor.
Add the lemon juice, oil, garlic, cream cheese and yogurt.
Blend until smooth.
Place in a bowl and... - 40.7704
Aubergine A La Provencale
1. Slice aubergine.
2. Dice onions.
3. Crush garlic.
4. Dice tomatoes.
5. In a saucepan, drain tomato juice from cans and add onion and garlic; simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Add dices tomatoes, aubergine slices and oregano; simmer for another... - 39.7123
Put the eggplant (aubergines), tomatoes, garlic and 4 tablespoons (2 tablespoons) of water in a casserole.
Cover and microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes.
Leave to stand for 2 minutes.
Drain the contents of the casserole and discard the cooking liguid.
Puree the... - 39.364
1) Preheat oven to 350°.
2) Take a greased 2 quart casserole dish and arrange eggplant and tomato slices overlapping. Sprinkle some salt.
3) Mix together tuna, basil, and onion and place in the centre of eggplant and tomato. Then top... - 39.2448
Tasty Eggplant Parmigiana
Sprinkle eggplant with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Place on baking sheet and broil 4 inches from source of heat for 8 minutes or until tender, turning once.
In a 1-quart casserole layer 1/2 of the eggplant, 1/2 the sauce, and 1/2 the... - 37.6716
Eggplant And Lime Mousse
Put the eggplant (aubergine) into a casserole with 1/4 cup (3 tablespoons) of water.
Cover and microwave on HIGH for 12 minutes, stirring midway through the cooking time.
Drain the eggplant (aubergines) in a colander and leave to cool.
Puree in a food... - 36.876
Grilled Eggplant Bruschetta With Prosciutto
1. Trim and slice the eggplant into twelve 1/2-inch rounds. Place the rounds in a colander, sprinkling them with the table salt. Place a plate on top to weight them; set the colander over a bowl and set aside for 1 hour.
2. Prepare a medium charcoal fire or... - 35.8564
Steam eggplant in as little water as possible until tender.
Combine with other ingredients and chill in refrigerator.
Serve on salad greens, garnished with chopped parsley. - 35.5281
1. Grill or burn the eggplant on the gas until soft. Peel, wash and mash.
2. Add 1 chopped tomato and blend in a mixer until soft.
3. Place the mixture in a serving bowl, add the remaining ingredients and mix well. - 35.0044
Eggplant In Honey Vinegar
Put the eggplant (aubergines) in a casserole, sprinkle with garlic powder and thyme and season with salt and pepper.
Mix the tomato juice with the vinegar, pour over the eggplant (aubergines) and mix thoroughly.
Cover and microwave on HIGH for 8 minutes.
When... - 32.2398
Eggplant And Yogurt Salad
Steam eggplant over boiling water until soft.
Combine with onion, tomatoes, and yogurt.
Chill thoroughly before serving. - 29.6
On 10 x 15-inch nonstick baking sheet arrange eggplant slices in a single layer; sprinkle with salt and bake at 425°F.
until easily pierced with a fork, about 30 minutes.
In small bowl combine remaining ingredients; spread an equal amount of mixture over... - 29.4555
first chop brinjal and keep inside the water.keep a bowl on gas when it is heat put mustard allow till it splutter,then add curry leaves,onion and fry till it changes its colour to brown,then add chopped methi leaves fry till it becomes soft,now add ginger... - 22.8509
Indian Side Dish - Baingan Ka Bharta
Here is Roasted eggplant cooked with aromatic Indian spices. All over India they have their own version of the Bharta, but here I am presenting the North Indian Spicy version. - 0
How To Roast Eggplant
When cooked well, eggplant can be tender and sweet. There's no need to suffer a bitter or oily eggplant ever again. Fine Cooking expert Nicki Sizemore shows us a great technique for salting and roasting eggplant. - 0
Low Calorie Eggplant Recipes By Category
Low Calorie Eggplant Dish: