- » Low Calorie Breakfast
Low Calorie Breakfast Recipes
Enjoy our collection of low calorie breakfast recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for low calorie breakfast recipes.
Poached Egg Made Easy
If you are one of those who never get a poached egg right, you are in the right place. This video enumerates the simple yet skillful task of poaching an egg to its soft and fluffy white cloud like avatar. A good way to perk up your breakfast menu, poached... - 124.76
I love bacon and eggs for a weekend breakfast but sometimes I like to change it up. Crepes are one of my favorite standbys -- they're quick and easy to make, and just a little special. I like my crepes with apricot or strawberry jam. But don't forget Nutella... - 118.436
Nadia Sawalha's Apple Pancakes And Herby Scrambled Eggs
Celebrity MasterChef winner and mum Nadia Sawalha, along with nutritionist Amanda Ursell, show us different ways of incorporating almond milk to give some traditional recipes a yummy twist. Watch our video where Nadia shows us how to make two simple breakfast... - 115.538
Hard Boiled Eggs
Here's the solution for the proverbial "I can't even boil an egg." These tips make it even easier. It's great to make a bunch of hard boiled eggs every week to have an easy, on-the-go breakfast or lunch. The secret is to place cold eggs in cold water and boil... - 114.375
Low Calorie Banana Milk Shake
Shakes are energizing and healthy any time be it dinner or lunch. Check out this video with chef Garry showing how to make thick
Banana Milk Shake with fresh ripe bananas and one or more fragrant seasonings. Nutritious and delicious liquid candy for people... - 108.53
As the name suggests, this is a dish for which you must have a liking for Asian or Japanese food. Amy tries her best to make a tamago, which is more of an omelet roll with soy sauce. Watch the video and see if you like it and then try it on, instead of trying... - 105.358
Greek Style Yogurt Cereal
Yogurt can be great in any dish or meal and here is a breakfast recipe combining it with a cereal. Check out Bethenney Frankel mixing Greek yogurt, blueberries, some cereal and other flavors to make a breakfast dish. Exotic breakfast snack! - 104.556
How To Poach An Egg
A lot of people find the idea of making the perfect poached egg an intimidating one. This amazing video, however, makes it sounds like child's play, really! Watch this video to know how to make a deliciously perfect poached egg within a matter of minutes. - 102.493
Healthy Egg Muffins
Many of us never seem to take out enough time to cook up something healthy for breakfast. Amy is showing how to make healthy egg muffins in just a few minutes. A great breakfast idea fit for those busy morning days. - 94.7996
Egg White Omelette With Feta Cheese And Veggies
Many of us feel healthy food sucks but Chef Buff says, it depends on how one makes it. So, to defy this common thought he makes a delicious low fat Egg White Omelette with feta cheese and veggies. According to him it is delicious and healthy for many reasons;... - 91.711
Healthy Breakfast Wrap
Healthy Breakfast Wrap by Nikko is an attempt towards making quick breakfast dishes that are healthy as well. Looks like he has heard his viewers demand for something healthy. With minimum chopping exercise and a few minutes on the stove, Nikko is able to... - 91.7015
In today's fast world if you had to cook your entire breakfast traditionally, you would probably be late for office everyday. Here is a recipe which will not only take care of your breakfast but also keep you fit as it is low on carbs. Watch the video to see... - 91.2907
Greek Spinach And Feta Quiche
For all the healthy types out there, here is a Greek spinach and feta quiche to lighten up your Sunday brunches. In this video Amy shows how quick and easy it is to make this dish at home. So if you are looking forward to loose some calories you might as well... - 90.7991
Healthy Crustless Spinach Artichoke Quiche
An excellent quiche recipe for all those who love spinach artichoke dip. What's more, this one is crustless and made in a very simple and healthy way. Pretty good enough to serve for breakfast! - 89.1086
Ricotta Berry Breakfast
Ricotta berry breakfast is yet another example of how you can eat healthy and yet delightful dishes. Its just the matter of how creative you can get. Watch this video recipe to find out how Amy is having an effortless healthy breakfast and showing us the way... - 88.0718
Healthy Omelette With Vegetables
A healthy option when it comes to a breakfast staple. This one is loaded with the goodness of vegetables. A filling meal in itself, this recipe is light and healthier because of the use of egg beaters. - 87.6543
Sizzling Solar Fried Egg
1. Assemble a non stick frying pan with a glass lid and place it over a reflector as in a solar cooker. Place it in the sun.
2. Crack open an egg and place it on the frying pan. Cover with lid..
3. Let it cook till the egg looks... - 87.5479
Peachy Orange Fresh Fruit Pie With Hemp Seeds
1. Blend together hemp seeds, banana, one orange, cinnamon and raw sugar to make a filling.
2. In a pie dish, pour the filling.
3. Garnish with sliced peaches, sliced banana, orange slices, grapes and serve. - 84.9129
Cheese And Turkey Burrito
A burrito with cheese and turkey is what this video is all about! The ingredients are shown as clippings! A meal with a burrito which is so easy to make!.See the video for more! - 69.6867
Apple Pie Oatmeal
Eating a delicious and healthy breakfast couldn't get any easier than this. For years I avoided eating oatmeal in it’s porridge stage but, who knew? This Apple Pie Oatmeal made me a believer! Simple, delicious, nutritious.... That's my motto! If it is your... - 61.6373
Idli And Sambar
Idli is an amazing South Indian sort of dumpling. steamed rice cake. It is made by steaming batter — traditionally made from pulses (specifically black lentils) and rice — into patties, usually two to three inches in diameter, using a mold.
Most often... - 60.5201
Spicy Chapati Rolls
Spicy Chapati Rolls or Frankie as commonly known are ideal snack or breakfast item for young and old alike. Easy to whip up using left over chapatis or rotis the rolls are high in health quotient too because of the many vegetables that are used to prepare its... - 53.2189
Pumpkin Patch Bread
1. Let the oven heat oven to 350°F and grease two 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pans.
2. Cut orange in quarters, remove and discard peel and white pith from sections.
3. In blender or food processor Put in all orange sections and water and process until... - 52.1883
Besan Ka Puda
This is a super fast and healthy food suitable to eat anytime. As you can see besan ka puda is bachelor's delight. Besan aka Gram flour is famous as high protein, low garb and diabetic friendly. Great if fried in Canola or Olive oil. - 52.0274
French Toast With Cranberry Apple Topping
1.Take a quart saucepan and melt some margarine in it.
2. Add in apple, cranberries, sugar, vanilla, apple juice and bring to boil over high heat.
3. Once boiled, let simmer over medium to loe heat for about 10 minutes until mixture attains a syrupy... - 50.3554
Rava Dosa And Peanut Chutney
In a bowl add all the above ingredients and water and mix to a dosa batter with sapatula nicely.see that it should not get lumps.when the batter is ready
Keep dosa pan on a gas,when it is hot add oil and put dosa batter in a sapatula and add oil on the... - 50.0626
Crunchy Oven Fried French Toast
1.Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2.Take an 8X8X2 inch baking pan and using a pastry brush brush it with margarine.
3.Take a medium mixing bowl and whisk together half and half, vanilla and eggs.
4.On a paper plate or wax paper mix... - 50.0327
For Idli :
1. First mix suji, dahi, salt and red chilli powder.
2. Keep it for 5-6 minutes, then again mix and add some water to make dough.
3. Then add Eno and mix gently, then steam in mini idli stand for 8-10 minutes.
For Tadka :
1. Heat a non stick pan,... - 49.9556
Vermicelli is a type of pasta, round in section and somewhat thinner than spaghetti.
It can also be made as different dishes according to one's creativity and one such creation is "The Vermicelli Idli". - 49.8234
Dill Leaves Upma
In a pan put 2cup semolina,oil(1tsp) and fry till it turns light red and keep aside.
In another pan add oil,ghee when it becomes hot put mustard seeds
Allow to pop up,add jeera seeds,urad dal,channa dal,peanuts and fry for 2mins.
Then add chopped... - 49.4207
Banana Walnut Bran Muffins
1) Preheat oven to 400Â°.
2) In your food processor, use METAL BLADE setting.
3) In the work bowl, add walnuts. Pulse on/off to chop, coarsely.
4) In a medium mixing bowl, transfer the walnuts and place aside.
5) In the work bowl, add flour,... - 49.0139
Vermicelli Kitchdi (semiya Upma)
Vermicelli Kitchdi is a very simple, quick breakfast. Vermicelli will be easily available in any indian store, can be bought and stocked for months. Try this and enjoy! - 48.6786
In a pan put oil and allow to become heat.
Then add mustard seeds,jeera seeds allow to splutter.
Add channadal,uraddal,peanuts and fry for 2mins.
Then add onion,greenchillies,garlic and fry till they turns brown colour.
Now add tomatoes and fry till they... - 48.6325
Double Oat Muffins
1. Heat oven to 400°F.
2. Take 12 medium muffin cups and line them with paper baking cups.
3. Mix oat bran, 1/3 cup brown sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
4. Put in combined milk, egg whites, oil and vanilla, mixing just... - 48.5703
Apple Bran Muffins
1) Preheat oven to 400Â°.
2) In a measuring cup, add skim milk, egg, oil and honey. Combine well and set aside.
3) In the food processor, use the METAL BLADE setting.
4) In the work bowl, add flour and apple quarters. Pulse on/off to chop... - 48.4659
Whole Wheat Pita Bread
1) Warm 1/4 cup water and sprinkle yeast over it.
2) Let stand in a warm place about 5 minutes until it dissolves or puffs.
3) In your food processor, use the METAL BLADE setting.
4) In the work bowl, add flour, salt and bran (if used). Pulse... - 48.4432
Country Egg Bread
1) Preheat oven at 375 degrees.
2) In a large bowl, add scalded milk along with margarine, honey, salt, cereal, potato flakes, and dry milk. Mix everything together.
3) Dissolve yeast in warm water and mix it to cereal mixture.
4) Add... - 48.3669
Rye Batter Bread
1) Preheat oven at 375 degrees.
2) In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
3) Fold in molasses, 1 1/4 cups of the flour, 1/2 cup of the rye flour, salt, caraway seed, and 2 tablespoons margarine in it and beat the... - 48.1917
Hot Apples With Oat Topping
FOR MAKING APPLES
1. Peel and core the apples, then cut the fruits into small chunks.
2. Place the bite-sized chunks in a 9" glass pie-plate and toss them gently with the cornstarch.
3. Drizzle with the maple syrup, lemon juice, and cinnamon.
4. In... - 47.9231
No Knead Bran Bread
1) Preheat oven at 375 degrees.
2) In a bowl, mix together flour, dry milk, and salt and keep aside.
3) In a large mixing bowl, mix yeast, sugar, and warm water and add bran cereal.
4) Let the bran soften, then add egg, margarine, and... - 47.6155
Toovar Lilva Brinjal Upma
In a kadai put oil,when it is hot
Add mustard seeds,allow to splutter.
Then add jeers seeds,urad dal,channa dal,curry leaves,onion,greenchillies.
Fry onion till it turns light pink.
Then add ginger and garlic paste and fry for 3mins.
Now add brinjal and fry... - 47.5555
Banana Bran Loaf
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Into an 8 x 4-inch or 9 x 5-inch loaf pan lightly spray with vegetable oil cooking spray or oil lightly.
3. Combine bananas, sugar, margarine, egg whites and milk and mix well.
4. Put in combined flour, oat... - 47.069
Vermicelli Nuts Idli
1. Chop green chillies finely. Chop cashewnuts coarsely.
2. Heat fat in a fry-pan; fry black gram and mustard seeds until seeds begin to splutter.
3. Add chopped ginger, coriander and curry leaves, chillies and cashewnuts.
4. Now add the vermicelli and fry to... - 47.0521
Granola Cereal Mix
1) Preheat oven at 225 ° F.
2) In a large bowl combine the mixtures. The mixture should be moist, chunky, and crumbly.
3) Add more oatmeal if the mixture appears too moist.
4) On a flat surface spread a cookie sheet.
5) Spread the... - 46.5673
An easy to make date pancake recipe just for you. The date stuffed deep fried pancake is sure to be a hot favorite at your place. This simple date pancake recipe is one that your kids too would love. Try the melt these date pancakes in your mouth and do let... - 46.4642
Common Sense Oat Bran Bread
1. Stir together flours and in a large electric mixer bowl, combine 1/2 cup of the flour mixture, KELLOGG'S COMMON SENSE Oat Bran cereal, salt, yeast and sugar.
2. Heat milk and margarine such that very warm (120°-130°F).
3. Slowly add... - 46.3305
1) In a large bowl add oats, figs, dates, raisins or cranberries, almonds, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix together.
2) Add apple juice and soak the mixture overnight.
3) The oats and fruit should absorb all the apple juice.
4) Grate apple with the skin.
5)... - 46.1667
Cheese And Leek Pie
Foodie, are you looking for a Cheese And Leek Pie recipe? When it comes to cooking I am my worst critic. Kindly comment and let me know how is this Cheese And Leek Pie. - 45.9563
1. Mix together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
2. Into large mixing bowl measure KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and milk.
3. Let stand 2 minutes or until cereal is softened.
4. Put in honey, oil, molasses and egg. Beat well.... - 45.943
Pumpkin Spice Walnut White Bean Muffins
Starting with the Recipe for Black Bean Brownies, I have altered the Recipe to make these delicious Slow-low Carb Muffins that are completly Flour and Glutin Free. A Yummy Way to Start the day for anyone looking to lower thier Carb intake. - 45.7391
1. In a medium bowl, break eggs, add milk and seasonings; beat mixture.
2. Finely dice pepper.
3. Finely chop onion.
4. In a small non-stick frying pan, brush oil and stir fry vegetables for 2-3 minutes.
5. Pour the egg-milk mixture;... - 45.4659
Tandoori Bread Naan
This simple tandoori bread naan recipe reproduces in your own kitchen the moghul bread that is traditionally baked in the Indian clay oven (tandoor). The results are as good as they can be without the sweet wood coal and earthy clay aromas. - 44.9341
Touch Of Honey Bread
1. In large mixer bowl, combine 1 cup flour, oat bran, yeast and salt.
2. Heat water, honey and margarine until very warm (120° to 130°F).
3. Into an electric mixer put in dry ingredients and beat at low speed of until moistened.
4.... - 44.6135
Poha (avalaki Upma)
Wash poha gently, add 1/2 cup water to poha soak for 10 minutes and drain the water
Heat oil in a wok, add mustard seeds to splutter
Add chana dal, curry leaves, hing, turmeric
Add onion, chillies
Stir fry till the onion till brown colour
Add the poha, salt,... - 44.425
Poha (Flaked Rice) is the most common breakfast of the North Indian community. It is light on the digestive system and yet filling! Adding vegetables to it makes it even more healthier and tastier. Its really easy to cook and tates delicious. It is a quick... - 44.4067
South Indian light,low calory, crispy and tasty.. - 43.6159
Rolled Pancake Supper
Delicious rolled pancake supper is a pancake recipe that incorporates the flavors of asparagus. For those who love the taste and health benefits of asparagus, this is for you. Great option for a breakfast item. Yummm…. - 43.4718
Omelet With Special Mushroom Sauce
1) Taka a saucepan, melt margarine and saute onion and tarragon until onion is tender.
2) Now, add soup and milk and cook. Keep stirring in between.
3) To make the omelette- in a bowl, crack eggs and season with salt and pepper. Add some water.
4) In... - 43.1855
Dosa With A Timbale Of Chicken Mince
A yummy traditional Indian dosa spiced up for you with chicken mince. Cook up a delicious breakfast for your family and friends. You can even serve it as a snack for your tea parties. Enjoy playing the perfect host with this dosa with chicken mince recipe. - 43.1131
Artichoke Quiche Squares
In a large bowl, stir together the egg substitute, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, thyme, garlic powder and pepper sauce.
Add the artichokes, cheese and onions.
Mix until well combined.
Spray an 8" X 8" baking pan with no-stick spray.
Spoon the artichoke mixture... - 43.0023
In a cooker add oil,when it is hot put mustard seeds allow to splutter.
Then add dry red chillies,channa dal green chillies and fry for a sec.
Thne add washed and drained rice,moongdal and fry for a while.
Now add salt 3 1/2 cup water and allow bubbles to... - 42.9816
Bread upma is a dish made with fresh breadcrumbs.its a good way to use bread with a twist which is nearing its expiry date and you want to use it as soon as possible. - 42.769
Beef, Pear & Arugula Salad
Is weight loss part of your New Years Resolution? Let me help you keep your promise to yourself. I know how difficult it is to keep that promise. Lack of time, lack energy, that nagging feeling of hunger and cravings for something you diet doesn ’t... - 42.6781
No artificial ingredients. Safe for diabetics. Cream cheese pastry filled with raisins, nuts and cinnamon. Naturally sweet - 42.5477
Simple Simon Omelette
Break eggs in medium mixing bowl; add milk, salt and pepper.
Beat until well mixed and light in color.
Place small amount of butter in heavy skillet; heat over low heat.
Add eggs; cook, covered, for about 5 minutes until eggs are set.
Bottom should be lightly... - 42.4048
Swedish Style Pancakes
1) In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar and salt.
2) In a small bowl, beat the eggs to just combine the yolks and whites.
3) Gradually stir in milk.
4) Slowly add this mixture to the dry mixture. Combine thoroughly by... - 42.3784
Whole Wheat Raisin Bread
1. Sprinkle the yeast into 2 cups very warm water in a large bowl. Stir until the yeast dissolves. Combine the remaining very warm water with the raisins in a small bowl.
2. Stir the molasses into the yeast mixture. Set in a warm place until mixture bubbles... - 42.2752
1) In medium saucepan, bring 4-1/2 cups water and the salt to boiling.
2) Stir in oats and raisins; boil gently, stirring occasionally, 7 to 10 minutes.
3) Remove the pan from heat.
4) Add almonds; cover the pan, and let stand a few... - 41.7222
Semiya/Vermicelli Upma is a healthy and easy to make dish. It is a good break-fast dish or can be even had an as evening snack. - 41.5542
1) Apples are chopped coarsely.
2) The chopped apples are cooked along with honey and cinnamon in a pot.
3) The apples are cooked (for about 5 minutes) till they are tender and fragrant.
4) The bread slices are toasted and placed on... - 41.0476
1) In a bowl add oatmeal with four tablespoons of pure water. Soak overnight.
2) In morning, mix lemon juice and yogurt to it and combine well.
3) Add grated apples, unpeeled if they are unsprayed, into the mixture.
4) Mix all the... - 41.0255
Artichoke Olive Sandwiches On Rye
1) In a bowl add first 6 Ingredients. Stir well to combine all.
2) Take the bread slices to toast on one side.
3) Spread 1/2 cup artichoke mixture on untoasted side of each slice of bread.
4) On a baking sheet, place the bread slices.
5) Place the... - 41.0022
Sweet Corn Salad..
You don't want to over bear the flavor of the fresh corn - just enough to enhance the flavor.
* To make chiffonade: Stack basil leaves, then cut across the stack to make small "ribbons."
Scrape the corn kernels from the ears of corn by using a sharp... - 40.9458
1. In a large bowl, put together all ingredients and using a wooden spoon mix well.
2. Into a plastic bag, put the mixture and seal tightly.
3. Alternately, muesli can be divided equally into 25 serving size portions and stored in 25 small... - 40.4463
Toasted Cinnamon Sticks
1. Preheat the oven at 400ÂºF.
2. Place the bread slices on a non-stick baking sheet. Use a pastry brush smear Â½ teaspoon of margarine on each side of the bread slice.
3. Cut each bread slice into four equal strips and then set... - 40.0396
1) In an air tight container, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
2) Keep in a cool place; the muesli can be stored for several weeks.
3) Always stir the ingredients well before serving, as they tend to separate on storing.
4) While... - 39.7962
washes at least 2 to5 times and soak the ragi for 3-4 hours longer than you soak the rice.
Soak rice, whole urad and methi seeds in separate containers for 4-6 hours or overnight.
In a wet grinder or a mixie /blender, grind the urad dal till light and... - 39.6306
Idlis are simple to prepare. The muffin container gives the Idlis a perfect two dimensional shape. The urad dal gives the Idlis the divine taste. Must try it. - 39.5464
To do this superb idly you need to buy idly rice available in all Indian grocery stores. - 39.4396
1)In a large bowl, add salt, baking powder along with rice and dal flours.
2)Stir in water and make a batter of drop consistency. Let it rise overnight.
3)Take four small stainless steel bowls and grease them. Pour batter into... - 39.2677
Its a traditional maharashtrian dish.Known as kaandaa poha(kaanda=onion) (poha=beaten rice).There are several variations to this recipe! - 39.2361
1. Roast the semolina on a tawa (griddle) without any oil until it becomes yellow or very light pink in colour.
2. Mix the curds with the fruit salt and add the remaining ingredients to make a batter.
3. Steam in a small idli mould for 10 minutes. - 39.1007
Quick Yellow Lentil Dal
Lentil soup cooked in a pressure cooker - saves time and energy. When you save energy you also save money. - 39.0693
Idli Rice Idlis
Wash and grind Urad dal first to a smooth paste with little water and put to a big bowl.
In a same jar wash and grind rice ,water little coarsely and add to urad dal paste.
Now grind cooked rice,water little to a smooth paste and add to a urad dal paste with... - 38.8327
Savor these light and soft Idlis for your breakfast. Very easy as the batter may be prepared the night before and incredibly healthy, as idli is cooked by steaming with no use of oil. Team it up with your favorite chutneys, stews or gravies. - 38.6889
Egg Salad Sandwich Filling
1) In a bowl, mix chopped eggs, pickles, celery, parsley, and mayonnaise.
2) Adjust the seasoning and add dry mustard. Give it a good mix.
3) Use the egg salad sandwich filling in sandwiches. - 37.8479
1) In a bowl, beat eggs to blend white and yolks.
2) Now, mix salt, pepper, cottage cheese, and pimiento.
3) In a pan, melt margarine and pour some in beaten eggs.
4) Heat the pan and pour the eggs into it. As it cooks prick a fork to let egg... - 37.5031
Cracked Wheat Bread
1. Put the cracked wheat in a very large bowl and cover with 4 cups of boiling water. Stir in the butter, brown sugar, and salt. Cool to lukewarm.
2. Dissolve the yeast in 1 1/3 cups warm water and stir into the first mixture.
3. Gradually stir in enough... - 37.2936
1) Slice the fruits such as strawberries, peaches, raspberries and blackberries.
2) In a saucepan, place the porridge oats and milkand bring to the boil.
3) Let it simmer over a gentle heat for about 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until... - 36.6802
Red Pepper Pancakes
1. ln a blender or food processor, blend red pepper with ricotta cheese, egg whites, flour, black pepper and onion for about 2 minutes.
2. Heat a non-stick frying pan to moderate heat. Drop tablespoonfuls of batter into frying pan. Cook until underside is... - 36.3508
Steamed' in Bahamian food isn't done with water. Instead it is when food is seasoned with onion, green pepper, and either tomato paste or ketchup. This is a great Bahamian recipe using canned tuna. Great with white rice. - 36.0857
1. Wash and soak rice for about 30 minutes. Strain and dry.
2. Grind coarsely in the grinder.
3. Soak gram for one hour and grind with fenugreek till it is light and frothy.
4. Mix ground rice and ground gram and a little water and keep it overnight.
5. Add a... - 35.6426
Vegetables N Pasta In Cheese Sauce
In 2-quart saucepan heat margarine until bubbly and hot; add flour and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes.
Remove pan from heat and, using small wire whisk, gradually stir in milk and continue stirring until mixture is smooth; add... - 35.6244
1) In a blender add carrot, almonds and 1 cup of water. Reduce to a fine pulp.
2) Stir in rest of the ingredients.
3) Cover blender tightly while whizzing.
4) Sprinkle sunflower seed meal over it.
5) Serve immediately. - 35.4898
Homemade Rice Sevai (rice Noodles)
A popular south indian rice noodle made using an extruder in a traditional way. Sevai is often flavoured with Lemon, Tamarind, Tomato, Coconut, etc. and tastes best when served warm. Popular accompaniments for plain sevai are sweetened coconut milk,... - 35.2315
Low Calorie Breakfast Recipes By Category
Low Calorie Breakfast Course: