- » Low Calorie Appetizer
Low Calorie Appetizer Recipes
Enjoy our collection of low calorie appetizer recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for low calorie appetizer recipes.
Some of us can swear by a well prepared Korean Kimchi that we get at the restaurants. Now, we can make it from the comfort of our kitchens. You'll need fresh Chinese cabbage to get the best results. Watch and learn how to make this excellent salad from this... - 150.19
Roasted Gaspacho Soup
We usually blend the soup base until it’s quite smooth, and then add some chopped cucumber for a little texture; I love putting in bite-sized pieces of fresh mozzarella, too. Sometimes we go crazy and add little crispy-fried slices of zucchini. Put your own... - 143.38
Cucumber Salad With Lemon Grass
Do you know the secret behind the fabulous taste of Thai cucumber salad? Watch this recipe video to learn about the secret. It is the marinade, prepared with special Thai spices and herbs, which offers this exceptional taste. You too can prepare this at home,... - 139.282
Thai Chicken And Lettuce Wrap
Thai chicken and lettuce wrap is yet another display of the richness of Thai cuisine in terms of flavors, mix of textures and the vivacious looking dishes. Take a look at this video for more details of this recipe. You would love your life after you have this... - 136.46
Chicken Salad With Chinese Dressing
if you are a fan of fresh and less processed food, this chicken salad with Chinese dressing is for you. It looks like an ordinary salad until the first bite when the different flavors and textures explode in your mouth and elevate your mood. It is indeed very... - 134.635
Tempeh Veggie Kabobs
Jon braves the night time zombie apocalypse to grill up some tempeh veggie kabobs. - 130.09
Ginger Almond Nori Rolls
If you enjoy Asian cuisine, you are going to love these Nori rolls. Enriched with the goodness of rice and vegetables, this dish makes for a healthy bite. Watch this video for more details! - 128.894
Korean bean Sprout Soup
This light and refreshing soup is one of the most frequently eaten soups in Korean homes. Bean sprouts soup, which is both cheap and easy to make, is full of flavor and vitamin C, and is low in calories. If you have a hangover make yourself a bowl of this... - 127.852
Carrot Ginger Soup
Try this delicious ginger carrot squash soup recipe for a hot meal or side dish. It's very healthy and simple to make! - 127.644
Colorful Greek Salad
Looking for a salad idea with interesting flavors? Here is a quick and easy recipe that includes vegetables along with other flavors resulting in a visually colorful treat with an equally interesting texture. Good for any season. - 127.496
Vegan Chickpea Salad
1. Add all the ingredients into a bowl and mix.
2. Serve with mains over lunch or dinner. - 123.559
Watermelon And Feta Cheese Summer Soup
Chef Nico Rahnama shows you how to prepare a delicious Watermelon and Feta Cheese Summer Soup. This delightfully refreshing cold soup can be served as an appetizer or thirst-quenching snack, perfect for cooling off in the summer months. The taste and texture... - 123.554
Hearty Caribbean Black Beans Soup
For all the lovers of homemade soup, this is a right choice. The black bean soup is delicious as well as nutritious and when cooked in Caribbean style, it packs with it the tropical flavor. - 121.812
Wasabi Viniagrette Salad- Gardening By Cuisine
Salads rich with vegetables are always refreshing and delicious when tossed with flavors, here is a recipe to make one. Check out Patti Moreno making Wasabi Vinaigrette Salad using fresh lettuce leaves tossed with some other ingredients and wasabi. Naturally... - 121.376
Healthy Chicken Satay
When I hear about satays, I can't resist but say "bring it on baby"! Amy is just getting awesome at her kitchen making this wonderful Chicken Satay in her own healthy way and her tips are well worth the time. - 121.085
Mint Pea Soup
Start off your Easter dinner with delicious and healthy appretizers like this mint and pea soup. Chef Charlie prepares this soup with peas and mint for a refreshing taste and tops it with real crab meat for extra flavor. This highly flavors soup is not only... - 120.128
Cold Asparagus Salad
This Cold Asparagus Salad is a great crowd pleaser. Perfect for brunches or weekend barbecues. This is very healthy and taste great with the luscious dressing. Watch this video for the recipe. - 117.805
Delectable Taco Salad
When you need to impress the vegetarian, vegan and the meat-eater guests with something light and healthy, think taco! Taco salad is pure taste and no guilt! Loaded with crispy tacos, leafy vegetables, beans and a scrummy dressing, healthy, heart taco salad... - 117.284
Quick Chicken And Peach Salad
When you are hungry and don't feel like cooking, here is the perfect food for you. The combination of chicken and peach is just great and packs with it loads of nutrition. Simply toss it and serve with your favorite low-fat homemade dressing. - 116.269
Cook Along Winter Bean Soup
Wish you could make the winters warm with a special bean soup? Follow this recipe to prepare a very tasty bean soup at home. This one's sure to appease your taste buds and ticker. - 115.519
Traditional Tom Yum Goong
Thai soups are famous for their variety and aromatic flavors and this one is probably the most famous. There are many prawn recipes in Thai cuisine, but this soup has to be Thailand's Signature dish, Khwanjai's shares her own Tom Yum Goong recipe a version... - 114.561
Garden Vegetable Soup
Raw food author and chef Jennifer Cornbleet shares how to prepare garden vegetable soup, especially good for lunch. In this video, Jennifer Cornbleet shows how to use your knife and blender to create a simple, but satisfying raw soup. - 114.529
Thai Style Chicken Skewers
This Thai Style Chicken Skewers recipe is a fast and really simple, not to forget really taste one for your summer gathering and barbecue parties. Definitely one that will be loved by kids and adults alike! These are easy to make, pack for picnics and... - 111.518
Winter Miso Mushroom Soup
Nothing could be more comforting than a warm bowl of mushroom soup on a cold winter night . The Chef gives an American twist to the classic Japanese miso soup. This nourishing Japanese soup takes only minutes to prepare and can be served for breakfast, lunch,... - 110.507
Raw Tapioca Rolls With Spicy Chili Dipping Sauce
Here is an amazing tasting veggie spring roll that is filled with crunchy satisfaction. This is what I would call some raw deliciousness! You do not have to have a food blender, dehydrator or fancy equipment to make a delicious raw food meal. Santiago shows... - 109.802
Shrimp And Watermelon Salad With Lemongrass Vinaigrette
1. LEMONGRASS VINAIGRETTE: In a bowl, add ginger, lime juice, lemongrass, chilli, dry shrimp and fish sauce. Mix them well and strain it into another bowl. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, add pine apple, tomatoes, red onion, cucumber and... - 109.072
Corn Salad With Apple Cider Vinaigrette
1. For dressing, in a jar, combine vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano, and garlic. Cover the jar and shake it well.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add corn, tomato, bell pepper, scallions, and parsley.
3. Pour dressing, and toss well.
4.... - 108.941
Raw Portobello Mushroom Canape
If you are a newbie to the world of raw food diet or are on the verge of taking the plunge, this recipe will help you to open the doors and welcome this mantra of wonderfully beneficial healthy living. Santiago of RawFoodMuscle shares one of his favorite... - 107.248
Italian Florentine Soup
Chef Mark gives you a glimpse into his ten day training for vegan food. He shows you the basics of creating healthy and delicious vegan soups. He shows you his favorite one-pot soup. It can not get simpler than this! Watch this video and learn a simple 5-step... - 106.96
Healthy Chicken Parm A La Kimkins
It is hard to cook healthy, but it is harder to cook for the health conscious! I just got lucky that I got to watch this low carb, low cal and low fat version of Chicken with pasta and spaghetti sauce by Amy. A very inspirational video to prepare classic... - 106.433
Raw Spinach Wraps Stuffed With Vegan Cheese
There is nothing better than eating something so fresh, straight out of your garden! If you are on the path of healthy, natural and organic eating then this recipe is one that you must have. Here is an awesome recipe that is great for a appetizer, snack or... - 105.355
Jumbo Asparagus And Red Beet Salad
Crunchy salads can get interesting when made with infusion of flavors. Watch chef Maxwell showing how to make a colorful, healthy, delicious and flavorful salad with red beets and asparagus along with greens. Good for dinners or lunches. - 104.776
Healthy Ginger Glazed Mahi Mahi
Mahi mahi is a great fish for all seafood lovers and cooking it healthy is just the things they want to do. Everything from the marinade to the glaze, Amy has made it sure that what goes into the dish is low in carb, calorie and fat. - 104.6
Healthy Egg Roll With Hot Mustard Sauce
For all who love egg rolls and wished to have it healthy, here is a very interesting version of the dish from Amy. Serve it up for breakfast with hot mustard; ah, what a wonderful way to start the day! - 104.578
Healthy Ginger Carrot Soup
Winter's the time to cuddle up with warm clothing and indulge in something steamy for the tastebuds. Check out the video showing how to make an appetizing soup with carrot and vidala onions as the key ingredients along with a twang of ginger and some spice.... - 104.323
Healthy Cooking: Avocado Chicken Salad
For diet freaks for a healthy lunch crunchy salad is a must and here is a salad that you can make with chicken and avocado. Check out Sarah making healthy avocado chicken salad with other simple vegetables and flavors. Delicious and healthy, makes a great... - 104.145
Korean Food: Chicken And Vegetables With Mustard Sauce (닭가슴살 겨자 냉채)
If you have some leftover roast chicken or shredded chicken after you have made a stock, this is a great way to use it. This Korean style salad recipe is very healthy and a great alternative to a fried appetizer at a party. It is basically a chicken vegetable... - 103.679
Garlic Scape Saute With Sweet Peppers & Crimini Mushrooms
An easy veggie saute for side dish or drizzle with balsamic reduction and serve as antipasto with fresh bread and cheese. Serve with whole grains or a free-range bbq chicken and fresh artisan bread for a simple easy gourmet summertime meal. Garlic scapes are... - 102.118
Spanish Spicy Gazpacho
Gazpacho is a Spanish cold soup enjoyed during hot summers. It’s appetizing, delicious and most importantly easy to make. Chef Tina shows us her way of making Gazpacho, which is slightly different compared to the classic version. She keeps it little spicy... - 100.903
Healthy Tilapia Fillets
I am sure Tilapia is a perennial favorite and this healthy tilapia fillet recipe by Amy is sure to follow the suit! Very simple but a healthy adaptation of a restaurant style dish. - 100.227
Healthy Buffalo Chicken Tenders
For most of us the perfect chicken tenders, is all about seasoning we use. Here is a great way of preparing chicken tenders with low carb buffalo wing sauce. This spicy and juicy chicken tenders can be a great dish at your next party. - 98.8488
Abraw - Filipino Vegetable Soup
1.In a stock pot, pour the water and heat to boil.
2.Add ginger, garlic and onion.
3.Pour in the fish sauce.
4.Add the lobster and shrimp base or the Knorr chicken cubes.
5.Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes.
6.Add the squash, lima beans and the... - 96.8618
See the demonstration on how to make tofu sushi. - 96.2841
Ok this is such an amazing dip and its so easy to make… don’t be scared I promise you can do it! - 96.0664
A melange of vegetables done the Spanish way can be a great way to begin a meal for a health freak or otherwise. This gazpacho is easy to make and borders between tangy and piquant and is just an apt palate cleanser. Peekaboo mom whips it up in a quick and... - 95.5522
Chinese Noodle Soup
We bring in Moni, our Chinese translator.....right into the Mustang Chefs kitchen in Stockbridge.Guitar boy lays down the tracks and Alex geeks it up more with his Apple lap top music composition.Have fun and get hungry. - 95.0581
Crispy Green Salad
1. Break off the lettuce leaves and wash them in a bowl of slightly salted water.
2. Pick the spinach leaves from their stalks and add to the bowl of water.
3. Do the same with the mint leaves and parsley.
4. Wash well, making sure there is no... - 94.1337
Tomato Basil And Tuna Salad
What is a better way for a healthy and quick lunch then this tomato basil and tuna salad? Watch the video to see how Amy makes this amazingly light and flavorful salad in no time. A perfect companion for a busy and tiring afternoon. - 93.4392
Cold And Flu Super Soup
This soup will guarantee to keep those cold bugs at bay and if you've already got the flu then this soup will burst those bugs to pieces. - 92.6724
Healthy Coconut Chicken Tenders
Now this coconut chicken tenders will sure take away the breaded chicken tenders from the top charts! If you are looking for a variation of breaded tenders, simply replace bread with crispy coconut. Coconut is not always healthy but Amy has her way to prove... - 92.129
Hippy Gourmet Makes Vegan Stuffed Mushrooms
Are you on a vegan diet? this recipe is a must watch for you. The Hippy Gourmet shares her secret recipe to prepare these yummy mushrooms which make an excellent appetizer. Don't give it a miss. - 89.9785
Sippity Sup makes Kimchi. - 87.7065
Colorful Three Pound Vegetable Soup
Vegetable soups are simply good foods for any occasion. Check out the video showing a colorful, texture-rich and flavorful soup recipe using vegetables, particularly cabbage, simple common seasonings and flavors. A feel-good healthy soup for supper too! - 87.5222
Iced Tomato Salad
When I was in Sapporo for iSummit, I went to an izakaya one night and had a tomato dish. It was very tasty so I decided to try and recreate it at home. Not that it was hard. - 86.4342
Miso Soup & Chilled Greek Cucumber Soup
The weather outside has been erratic. Warm one day and chilly the next. Instead of changing my entire weekly menu, I decided to add a couple of soups to the plant. One to cool me down on a hot day and one to heat me up when it's cold. Simple additions that... - 84.725
Super Quick Watercress Soup
I’m not huge on weight loss recipes, but I wanted to give this Super Quick Watercress Soup a try and as bland as it sounds, the result is a fantastic tasting soup which I’m sure you will love. Try out yourself!! - 83.8988
'no-chicken' Fried Tofu
Milwaukee's own Outpost Natural Foods and Simple Soyman Tofu join forces to make the BEST no-chicken fried chicken tofu. Great source of protein, B12 vitamins and deliciousness. - 83.2746
Raw Collard Wraps
Here is a quick dish that you can whip up when pressed on time. It's a crunchy snack well balanced with Guacamole sauce. This should please your friends following raw food diet. - 82.7775
Grilled Tilapia In Lemon Pepper
Healthy, tasty in one shot !!! In this video tilapia fillets are bathed in lemon juice and a light seasoning. Grilled to perfection to get a flavorful and flaky variation of grilled fish, this is a sure delight at any party. This is a super quick, super easy... - 79.2872
Cauliflower Salad With Dill And Cider
Cauliflower with all its health benefits is an amazing ingredient. A highly versatile vegetable, it sure can be molded to form several lovely creations. This Cauliflower Salad with Dill and Cider is one such tasty healthy creation. - 56.3969
Kabocha Bisque (thai Curry Soup)
Thai Curry Kabocha Bisque (Fak Thong Gaeng Leang) is the perfect fall soup for holiday tables. The subtle balance of this creamy fragrant hot-salty-sweet-sour bisque will delight your guests. - 55.0063
Making A Beetroot Salad
Considering the lack of right dishes available around beetroot, most often we give this healthy vegetable a skip. Now, no more! Beetroot has been used to make delicious soup and salad using leaves and stems. This is indeed and different and interesting... - 52.4647
Tri Color Stir Fry
A beautiful looking dish- very appealing to the eyes and the stomach. Perfect for appetizer, a snack or even a meal. - 52.23
Awesome Crab-cakes With Salad
The fusion of Thai and Japanese flavours plus a Mexican influenced sauce make for the most amazing crab cakes ever. Togarashi and kaffir lime leaves enhance the succulent flavour of crab which are plated on a swirl of chipotle hollandaise. A must try recipe. - 51.8211
Vegetable Stew With Barley
1. Soak barley in water for 15 minutes.
2. Clean the vegetables and cut into bite size pieces.
3. In a pan, heat fat and stir in vegetables; cover and cook for 15 minutes with occasional shaking.
4. Add hot water, vegetables, soaked... - 51.5092
Celery Root Salad
Celery gives a wide range of options to eat it. There are soups, it can be sauteed and stir fried and also can be served into a salad. Here is a celery root salad recipe just for you. You will relish every bit of celery root salad - 51.4265
1. Thinly slice off the crusts from the bread and tear it into pieces. ]
2. Place in a bowl and cover with water. Allow to soak for 5 minutes.
3. Drain off the excess water from the bowl and, squeeze out as much moisture as possible from... - 50.9011
Hearts Of Palm Beet And Endive Salad
1) Preheat the oven to 400°.
2) Place the beets in aluminum foil and wrap, about 3 to a package.
3) Place the wrappings in the middle of the oven to bake for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours, or until tender when pierced with a skewer or knife... - 50.8751
Broccoli Garbanzo Bean Salad
1) In a colander, place garbanzo beans.
2) Rinse the under cold rap water for 1 minute.
3) Allow the beans to drain for 1 minute.
4) In a small bowl, add vinegar and next 7 ingredients.
5) Stir well to mix altogether. Place aside.
6) In... - 50.7667
1) In Dutch oven boil water. Add noodles, first amounts of cooking oil and salt. Cook uncovered for 5 to 7 minutes until just tender.
2) Drain out from the liquid.
3) Rinse under cold water and drain again.
4) Mix onion, carrot, celery and green pepper... - 50.5685
La Phet Thote (fermented Tea Salad)
One of the famous side-dishes of Myanmar is la phet thote. La Phet means pickled tea leaves and thote means salad. So if you translate in English, it'll be "Pickled Tea Leaves Salad". - 50.537
Green Beans With Coconut And Popped Rice
1) In a small bowl, place the dried coconut, if using and soak in 1/3 cup boiling water for at least 15 minutes. Drain well.
2) In a large pot, bring 5 quarts of water to a rolling boil.
3) Add the beans and coarse salt to boil rapidly... - 50.4852
1) Thinly slice the cabbage.
2) In a bowl, place the cabbage and season with coarse salt.
3) Add remaining ingredients and stir.
4) Allow standing for about 15 minutes.
5) Pour in oil and vinegar and sprinkle sugar, pepper, garlic powder... - 50.4458
1) Follow the package instruction to cook the macaroni, without adding salt.
2) Drain the macaroni and rinse in cold water.
3) Drain again, cover and place inside refrigerator to chill.
4) In a bowl, add yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil,... - 50.4414
Cabbage And Pepper Salad
1) In a small bowl, prepare the dressing by mixing vinegar, lemon juice, sweetener and water. Place aside.
2) In a large salad bowl, place lettuce, cabbage and peppers to toss together.
3) Pour the dressing over the salad.
4) Let it... - 50.4195
This Gazpacho recipe is a delicious soup that you would fall in love with. This popular cold soup from Spain that is tomato based is simply out of thie world. quick to make and would be an instant hit with your family. - 50.314
Sweet Potato Ambrosia Salad
1) Preheat the oven to 400F.
2) Use aluminum foil to wrap the sweet potatoes.
3) Place inside oven to bake for 45 minutes or until tender.
4) Bring out and allow cooling at room temperature.
5) Peel off the skin and discard.
6) Cut the... - 50.2399
Sugar Snap Peas In Toasted Sesame Seed Vinaigrette
1) In a large saucepan, pour in water and add salt.
2) Place over high heat and bring the water to a boil.
3) Add sugar snap peas to cook until crisp-tender, about 30 seconds.
4) Drain the sugar snap peas and rinse under cold running water. Drain well... - 50.2376
Old Fashioned Pasta Salad
1) In Dutch oven boil water. Add fusilli, cooking oil and first amounts of salt. Cook uncovered for 8 to 10 minutes until just tender.
2) Drain out from the liquid.
3) Rinse under cold water and drain again.
4) Transfer fusilli back to pot.
5) Mix the... - 50.2092
Welsh Rarebit Bread
1) Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
2) In a bowl, mix together 2 cups of the flour, yeast, sugar, salt, mustard, and pepper.
3) In a saucepan, heat together milk, water, cheese, and margarine until cheese is just melted and then cool until... - 50.2066
Braised Lettuce With Grape Juice
I am in love with this Braised Lettuce With Grape Juice recipe as it brings such rave comments everytime I make it. Serve this Braised Lettuce With Grape Juice at the table today and watch it disappear in delight! - 50.1995
Bowl Of Bows
1) In Dutch oven boil water. Add bows, first amounts of cooking oil and salt. Cook uncovered for 14 to 16 minutes until just tender.
2) Drain out from the liquid.
3) Rinse under cold water and drain again.
4) Transfer the bows back to the pot.
5) In a... - 50.1978
Cabbage Cucumber Crunch
1) Finely shred the cabbage and place aside.
2) Peel off the apple skin and shred finely.
3) In a bowl, combine the cabbage and apple. Add onion flakes and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Toss lightly.
4) Use a shallow salad... - 50.0118
Chilled Cajun Red Beans And Rice
1) In a colander, place the kidney beans.
2) Rinse the beans in cold rap water for 1 minute.
3) Drain the beans by placing the colander aside.
4) In a jar, add dressing and next 7 ingredients.
5) Cover the lid tightly and shake... - 50.0074
Picnic Vegetable Salad
1) In a colander, place the pinto beans to rinse under cold tap water for 1 minute.
2) Place the colander aside to drain the beans for another 1 minute.
3) In a large bowl, add beans and next 5 ingredients.
4) Stir well to combine.
5) In... - 49.9802
Gazpacho With Croutons
1. Separate 1 tablespoon each of tomato, green pepper and cucumber, and keep aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except toasted croutons for garnishing.
3. Using an electric blender, blend until... - 49.9757
Red And Green Summer Salad
1) Rinse the spinach in cold water and drain well. Tear the spinach leaves into bite-sized pieces.
2) Similarly, rinse the lettuces and watercress, and drain well. Break the leaves into bite-sized pieces.
3) Wash the remaining vegetables and... - 49.9321
Sardinian Roasted Pepper Salad
1) Light the charcoal or preheat the broiler.
2) Place the bell peppers 3 to 4 inches from the heat to grill or broil by turning, until completely charred, 10 to 20 minutes.
3) Cool the bell peppers for 1 minute, and place inside a... - 49.9086
Murgh Musallam is a grand dish, and a very old one too. Murgh Musallam is ranked among the top in my favourite food list. The masala paste of raw papaya, garlic, ginger, chillies, peppercorns, youghurt and other gives the Murgh Musallam a majestic taste. Must... - 49.8502
Lemon Mushroom Salad
1) In a large shallow container, add the mushrooms.
2) In a small bowl, combine next 5 ingredients by adding water.
3) Use a wire whisk to stir the liquid mixture.
4) Drizzle the mixture over mushrooms.
5) Toss lightly and place the lemon slices on... - 49.8146
Green Salad With Lemon And Fennel
1) With a vegetable peeler, bring out the lemon zest in long strips. Slice the zest in thin strips along the length. Store inside a plastic wrap to keep fresh and moist.
2) Trim off and discard the green stalks of the fennel. Remove the cores... - 49.7967
Salad Of Mixed Greens And Herbs With Oranges
1) With a sharp knife, peel off the skin of the oranges. Carefully remove all the bitter white pith.
2) Working over a bowl, separate the sections, by cutting in between the membranes.
3) In a small bowl, add shallots, mustard and vinegars to... - 49.7922
TO GET READY
1. Slice off the crusts from the bread in thin slices and tear them into pieces.
2. Place in a bowl and cover with water. Allow to soak for 5 minutes.
3. Drain off the excess water from the bowl and, squeeze out as much moisture as... - 49.7204
Moulded Grapefruit And Cucumber
1) In a bowl of cold water, sprinkle gelatin on top.
2) Pour in boiling water and gently stir to dissolve the gelatin.
3) Place aside to cool down the gelatin.
4) Add carbonated beverage, lemon juice, sweetener and salt to the gelatin... - 49.6311
Classic Mushroom Soup
Mushroom Soup is a very common soup with impeccable taste. The unimpeachable blend of shallots, garlic clove, butter, white button mushrooms, flour, Madeira, egg yolk, milk with dash of salt and pepper make the Mushroom soup favorite all around the globe. - 49.5574
Low Calorie Appetizer Recipes By Category
Low Calorie Appetizer Course: