- » Louisiana
Louisiana food, marked by a high usage of seafood, meats and various kinds of spices refers to the dishes and drinks from Louisiana state of United States. . Louisiana food is prepared by the Creole and Cajun styles ... More »
Crawfish Etouffee - A Louisiana Classic
How about a delicious Creole dish for a hearty meal? Try Scott's favorite Creole dish which he makes using crawfish and that is a Louisiana Crawfish Etouffee. He shows how to combine all the ingredients while cooking so they are well incorporated and you get... - 121.209
Holidays are around the corner make them exciting with some spicy smoked tasso ham. Watch this impressive video that demonstrates a recipe for homemade spicy smoked tasso ham. The video has an excellent presentation and surely a wonderful recipe for holidays.... - 113.134
Betty's Peppery Jumpin' Jambalaya
Jumpin Jambalaya is a great meal any time of year. If you like spicy rice and smoked sausage, you will love this! So, don't forget to try out this recipe. - 106.036
Smoked Turkey, Andouille Sausage & Shrimp Gumbo
Get a taste of Louisiana with this classic yet super easy shrimp gumbo recipe. This delicious Southern dish is a great way to spice up a cold winter evening when your tummy is screaming for something hot and spicy! This easy “cheaters” recipe is one that... - 105.379
Jambalaya Soup With Sausage And Chicken
How about a hearty satisfying jambalaya soup that is as flavorful and delicious as jambalaya. Watch this video that has an easy to make recipe for a great comfort food for cold, winter nights Take a look at this video and serve this appetizing soup with bread... - 72.7509
Heat oil in a large pot or Dutch oven, and brown the chicken and cook thoroughly.
Add the sausage, garlic and vegetables, cook until tender.
Add the tomatoes, seasonings and hot sauce.
Reduce heat and simmer until sauce is very thick.
Stir in the green onions... - 46.8759
1) Remove the lobster meat from the shell
2) Using a sharp knife, cut the meat into 2 inch pieces
3) In a kettle, steam the clams in 4 cups of water till the shells open
4) Reserve the clam broth
5) In a Dutch oven, heat the oil and add in the garlic,... - 46.5058
Louisiana Little Loaves
1. Chop off the tops from rolls, and cut their interiors and save the crumbs.
2. Brush 2 tbsp of melted butter, inside and outside the bread.
3. Arrange the rolls in a baking dish and brown it at 350°F.
4. Take a frying pan, and... - 45.8231
Louisiana Dinner Eggs
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) In a skillet, saute the bacon until crisp, remove with a slotted spoon and keep aside.
3) In the same skillet, saute the onion, celery, green pepper, rhubarb and mushrooms in the bacon fat, until... - 45.5413
Louisiana Red Beans And Rice
1) Soak the beans in 2 cups water overnight or by quick method.
2) In a large heavy saucepan, place the beans with the 2 cups water and salt pork, simmer covered for 45 minutes.
3) Add all except the last 3 ingredients and simmer... - 45.4549
Louisiana Style Mirleton Stuffed With Ham And Shrimp
1. Preheat oven to 190Â°C (375Â°F or Mark 5)
2. In large covered saucepan fitted with collapsible vegetable steamer, bring 2 1/2 cm (1 inch) of water to a boil.
3. Cut squash in half and remove seeds.
4. Steam halves, cut side down,... - 44.5542
Red Beans South Louisiana Style
Wash and pick over beans.
Cover with cold water and soak overnight.
Cover beans with 2 to 3 inches of water, using the water they were soaked in.
Add ham bone, onions, bell pepper, bay leaves, garlic, cumin powder, red pepper, and Tabasco.
Cook slowly for... - 44.3597
All Purpose Louisiana Crayfish Salad
1) In a bowl place the raw crayfish tails and season with salt.
2) Put the lid on and place the bowl in cooker.
3) Steam crayfish tails allow to cook for 4 to 6 minutes, stirring twice.
4) Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
5) In a food... - 44.345
Louisiana Hot Pot
1. Preheat the oven at 350Â°.
2. Trim off all the excess fat from the ham.
3. Take a paper bag and shake cubes with flour to coat properly.
4. In a cup, mix together salt, curry powder and pepper.
5. Take a 12-cup deep baking dish and... - 44.2607
Louisiana Hot Bean Porridge
1. Boil 3 quarts of water and stir in beans.
2. Boil the beans and remove them from heat, cover and leave it for soaking overnight.
3. Take another bowl and add barley and pour 2 cups of water over it and leave it for soaking overnight.... - 44.1304
Louisiana Bread Pudding
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Spread bread cubes on a baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, stirring twice, or until firm and lightly toasted.
Meanwhile, spread nuts in a pie plate and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until fragrant.
Let nuts cool and chop... - 43.5952
Frozen Louisiana Yam Pies
Prepare the instant yams according to package directions, omitting the seasoning.
Stir in the brown sugar, lemon juice and peel and cinnamon.
Cool, then stir in the vanilla.
Beat the egg yolks until thick and fluffy, then stir into the yam mixture.
Beat the... - 43.139
1) Preheat the oven to 350 Deg F.
2) Cook the frozen artichoke hearts as per the instructions on the packet.
3) Drain well and keep aside.
4) In a large saucepan, melt 1 tbsp butter or margarine.
5) Stir in the flour, onion, oyster... - 42.7652
Season chicken with salt and black pepper.
Heat oil in large saucepan or Dutch oven over high heat until hot.
Add chicken, stirring until brown on all sides.
Add sausage; cook 2 to 3 minutes.
Remove chicken and sausage from saucepan; set aside.
Add chopped... - 42.5894
Louisiana Shrimp Gumbo
Louisiana Shrimp Gumbo is rich with the flavors of shrimp, clam juice and seasonings. This rich tasting appetizer is the best bet to add to your party menu. Just check out the recipe of the rich tasting and flavorsome Louisiana Shrimp Gumbo. - 42.4474
Louisiana Red Beans And Rice
Place beans in large Dutch oven; add the water.
Bring to boiling; reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes.
Remove from heat.
Cover; let stand 1 hour.
Do not drain.
Add salt pork, onion, celery, parsley, red pepper, garlic, and bay leaf.
Bring to... - 42.442
Louisiana Style Potato Salad
1) Take a 4-quart saucepan and boil water in it. Add the potatoes and cook, covered, for about 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and keep aside.
2) In an 8-inch skillet heat vegetable oil and cook bacon until crisp. Transfer to paper towel and get rid... - 42.0842
Round Steak Louisiana
Layer sweet potato slices, onion slices, and green pepper wedges in a 2-quart casserole.
Cut meat in 6 serving-size pieces; pound to about half the original thickness.
Sprinkle with a little salt.
In skillet quickly brown meat in hot oil.
Transfer meat to... - 42.0555
Flounder Fillets Louisiana
Cut fish into 6 serving pieces, pat dry with paper towels.
Place in a 7 x 11-inch (18 x 28 cm) glass baking dish.
Place butter or margarine in a microwave-safe dish, add the green onions, parsley and minced onion.
Microwave 2 minutes at HIGH.
Stir well and... - 41.7006
Louisiana Corn Bread Stuffing
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Grease 2-quart baking dish.
Melt 1/4 cup butter in heavy large skillet over low heat.
Add onion, green pepper and celery and cook, stirring frequently, until limp but not browned, about 10 minutes.
Stir in crumbs, parsley, salt and... - 41.6076
Louisiana Baked Stuffed Red Snapper
Preheat oven to 350° Combine 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper and dash nutmeg.
Rub inside and outside of fish with mixture.
Melt butter in skillet; saute celery, onion and mushrooms.
Add parsley and bread crumbs and cook over low heat 3... - 41.5899
Cut the chicken into wings, legs and breast pieces and remove the largest bones.
Heat the oil in a frying pan and reheat the chicken thoroughly.
Sprinkle over the saffron and salt.
After 2-3 minutes add the drained corn and the peas; cover and cook for a... - 40.9659
Louisiana Tomato Rice Gumbo
Cook and stir chicken in hot margarine in large skillet until lightly browned.
Stir in onion, green pepper, celery and garlic; cook until tender.
Add okra, tomatoes, broth and seasonings.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5 minutes, stirring... - 40.9141
Louisiana Barbecue Ribs
Adjust rack about 6 inches from heat source; preheat broiler.
If using loin ribs, cut ribs into 2-rib pieces.
Place ribs in a roasting pan in single layer and sprinkle generously and evenly on both sides with Pork and Veal Magic (use a total of about 4... - 40.3938
Louisiana Jann's Sweet 'n' Tangy Sauce
1) In a medum saucepan, combine together all the ingredients except the onion and lemon.
2) Bring the mixture to a slow boil over moderate heat.
3) As soon as the liquid begins to boil, add the lemon slices and onion.
4) Over moderate heat, cook the... - 40.3113
Louisiana Crab Gumbo
Coat a large Dutch oven with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot.
Add celery, garlic, onion, and green pepper.
Saute 5 minutes or until tender.
Stir in next 7 ingredients; bring to a boil.
Cover; reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour, stirring... - 39.8828
Louisiana Rice Dressing Dirty Rice
1. In butter saute giblets, onions and celery such that onions and celery are soft and giblets are brown.
2. Stir remaining ingredients except seasonings and rice, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Adding seasonings, stir in cooked rice and heat... - 39.8796
Louisiana Corn Muffins
Preheat oven to 400 °F.
Grease twelve 3x1 1/4-inch muffin cups.
In large bowl combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt.
In medium bowl combine milk, oil, eggs and Tabasco® sauce.
Make a well in center of dry ingredients; add milk mixture and... - 39.5225
Make gravy, brown flour lightly in salad oil.
Add minced onions and saute'until tender, add water slowly and stir until smooth.
Cut sausage into small pieces.
Break crab into small pieces.
Add sausage, crab and shrimp, also bay leaf.
Season to taste with salt... - 39.4266
Louisiana Shrimp Bake
Saute'celery, onion and green pepper in butter in medium saucepan, about 5 minutes.
Blend in flour and salt; cook until bubbly.
Stir in tomatoes, shrimp and sherry.
Bring to boil; simmer covered for 10 minutes.
Stir in 1/2 cup cheese and eggs.
Pour into... - 39.1863
Louisiana Yams A La Francaise
Mix brown sugar, cornstarch, salt, orange rind and juice together in saucepan.
Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
Add sherry and butter, stirring until butter melts.
Peel and quarter yams.
Place yams in casserole; sprinkle with... - 39.0747
Okra lousiana is a okra recipe made with added veggies. Skillet cooked and flavored with lemon juice, the okra lousiana is finished with a cheese topping. Savory and filling, this okra and cheese recipe can be served with any dish of choice. - 38.8805
Louisiana Style Fish Cakes With Quick Remoulade Sauce
1 Preheat the oven to 375°. Line a baking pan with foil. Place the flounder on the pan and brush with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Bake until opaque throughout, about 8 minutes. Remove and let cool slightly.
2 Meanwhile, coarsely chop the scallions.
3 In a... - 38.5514
Louisiana Beans And Rice
In 2-quart microwave-safe casserole, combine oil, onion, green pepper, garlic, thyme and oregano.
Cover with lid; microwave on HIGH 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring once during cooking.
Stir in beans, soup, ham and red pepper.
Cover;... - 38.2925
Louisiana Recipes By Category