- » Louisiana
Louisiana food, marked by a high usage of seafood, meats and various kinds of spices refers to the dishes and drinks from Louisiana state of United States. . Louisiana food is prepared by the Creole and Cajun styles ... More »
Crawfish Etouffee - A Louisiana Classic
How about a delicious Creole dish for a hearty meal? Try Scott's favorite Creole dish which he makes using crawfish and that is a Louisiana Crawfish Etouffee. He shows how to combine all the ingredients while cooking so they are well incorporated and you get... - 113.755
Smoked Turkey, Andouille Sausage & Shrimp Gumbo
Get a taste of Louisiana with this classic yet super easy shrimp gumbo recipe. This delicious Southern dish is a great way to spice up a cold winter evening when your tummy is screaming for something hot and spicy! This easy “cheaters” recipe is one that... - 113.58
Holidays are around the corner make them exciting with some spicy smoked tasso ham. Watch this impressive video that demonstrates a recipe for homemade spicy smoked tasso ham. The video has an excellent presentation and surely a wonderful recipe for holidays.... - 105.816
Betty's Peppery Jumpin' Jambalaya
Jumpin Jambalaya is a great meal any time of year. If you like spicy rice and smoked sausage, you will love this! So, don't forget to try out this recipe. - 101.088
Surfin Sapo's Seafood Gumbo
1. To prepare the roux, in a large, heavy bottomed skillet heat 1 cup of vegetable oil on medium low heat. Add the flour to it. Using a wooden spoon to stir, cook the flour in the oil for 45 minutes or so, stirring frequently, until the mixture... - 98.566
Tasty Seafood Gumbo
If you are looking for some simple Cajun creations, you can't get a better deal than this. Beryl Stokes presents one of her standout specialties, the seafood gumbo. This spicy Cajun creation comes packed with meat and plenty of veggies, seafood gumbo makes... - 94.7868
Jambalaya Soup With Sausage And Chicken
How about a hearty satisfying jambalaya soup that is as flavorful and delicious as jambalaya. Watch this video that has an easy to make recipe for a great comfort food for cold, winter nights Take a look at this video and serve this appetizing soup with bread... - 66.8055
Chicken And Tomato Gumbo
1)After washing chicken thoroughly remove skin and bones from chicken. Reserve bones to make the stock ... - 49.5145
Crab And Chicken Gumbo
Crab And Chicken Gumbo is a delicious soup recipe. Try this effortlessly mouth watering Crab And Chicken Gumbo dish; you would always love to serve to your loved ones. - 49.3004
Easy chicken Gumbo
Set Power Select at HIGH.
In 3-quart casserole dish, arrange chicken.
Heat, covered, 6 to 8 minutes or until tender; remove chicken and cool.
Into casserole, add onion and heat 3 minutes; stir in flour, tomatoes, okra, corn, broth, salt, hot pepper sauce,... - 48.509
1) In a pan, heat oil.
2) Saute okra in hot oil for 10 minutes.
3) Add shrimp, onions, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well.
4) Cook on high heat for about 5 minutes.
5) Add water, tomatoes and bay leaf.
6) Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
7) Now, remove... - 48.416
1. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper
2. Dip the chicken in the flour and then set aside till required
3. In a 2-quart saucepan, place the margarine and heat until bubbly
4. Add chicken, onion and sautÃ© the mixture till the... - 47.9394
1. In a saucepan blend together flour and oil; cook over medium heat, stir constantly for about 15 minutes or till flour is a dark reddish-brown color.
2. Stir in onions, celery, green pepper, and garlic; cook for about 8 minutes or till vegetables are... - 47.8467
Shrimp gumbo is a seafood gumbo prepared with shrimps along with added sausages. Cooked with green onions and parsley to flavor, the shrimp gumbo is very appetizing. With worcestershire sauce and tabasco sauce for a great taste, this shrimp gumbo makes a... - 47.5827
Easy Seafood Gumbo with Okra
The seafood gumbo is a mixed gumbo made with a medley of seafood and vegetables. Filled with added rice, this seafood gumbo is really filling and heavy. Flavored with bay leaf, onions and garlic, the seafood gumbo can be served with a fresh salad for a great... - 47.5027
Chicken And Tomato Gumbo
1. In a 3-quart casserole dish, place chicken.
2. Cover the dish.
3. Heat over High for 10 to 12 minutes until tender.
4. Remove chicken to cool.
5. After cooling, separate chicken meat from the bones.
6. Discard bones.
7. In a casserole,... - 47.3784
Chicken Aid Sausage Gumbo
Cook sausage in a Dutch oven over medium heat until browned.
Remove sausage, reserving drippings.
Set sausage aside.
Cook chicken in drippings until browned.
Remove chicken, reserving drippings.
Measure drippings, adding enough oil to measure 1/2 cup.
Add... - 47.3268
Chicken And Okra Gumbo
The chicken and okra gumbo is prepared with okara and chicken pieces cooked together with parsley, green onions, peppers and celery. Flavored with garlic, onions and red and black pepper, it is seasoned to taste and best served over rice. - 47.0713
Seafood Gumbo With Brown Rice
1.Add kettle on stove, and add olive oil. Heat enough to warm it.
2.Now add the garlic,onions and green peppers. Saute till onions are translucent
3.Pour clam juice, sprinkle herbs and add water to the pot.Let it boil. Then cover and simmer for 30... - 47.0313
Pretty Fast Chicken Gumbo
1) In a large saucepan, brown the sausage slices for about 2 minutes each side over a medium heat in batches. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep aside.
2) In the same pan, stir in the onion, bell pepper and garlic, cover and simmer over a medium... - 46.8842
1) In large pot; saute bacon until crisp.
2) Using a slotted spoon remove bacon and set aside.
3) In the same pot and same fat, stir the flour and cook, stirring until light brown.
4) Mix in the okra, onion, and garlic.
5) Allow to cook until light... - 46.7811
Seafood Okra Gumbo
Thaw frozen seafood.
In 3-quart casserole, combine butter, onions, celery, garlic, okra and seasonings.
MICROWAVE 2 to 4 MINUTES on HIGH, or until celery is tender, stir once or twice.
Add shrimp, crab meat and tomatoes.
MICROWAVE 8 to 12... - 46.7765
Okra Seafood Gumbo
1) Take a 3-quart Dutch oven and heat oil in it.
2) Add flour to this, stirring constantly.
3) Stir constantly again and cook on medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until the mixture attains the color of a copper penny.
4) Take a small skillet and melt... - 46.7493
Wash chicken pieces and put in kettle.
Add water, 1 onion, celery, bay leaves, monosodium glutamate, and 1 teaspoon salt.
Bring to boil, cover, and simmer for 40 minutes.
Remove from heat; strain broth and return to kettle.
Remove meat from bones in large... - 46.6806
1) Remove the lobster meat from the shell
2) Using a sharp knife, cut the meat into 2 inch pieces
3) In a kettle, steam the clams in 4 cups of water till the shells open
4) Reserve the clam broth
5) In a Dutch oven, heat the oil and add in the garlic,... - 46.6716
New Chicken And Shrimp Gumbo
Combine the seasoning mix ingredients in a small bowl.
Sprinkle the diced chicken with 1 tablespoon of the seasoning mix, and sprinkle the shrimp with another tablespoon of the seasoning mix.
Preheat a heavy 5-quart pot, preferably nonstick, over high heat to... - 46.6631
Zesty Seafood Gumbo
In a large saucepan cook onion and green pepper in hot oil till tender.
Stir in flour.
Cook, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes or till flour is golden brown.
Stir in tomatoes, okra, tomato paste, water, celery salt, sugar, garlic powder, hot pepper sauce,... - 46.5581
Place margarine in a large pot or kettle over high heat.
Add 1 cup chopped onions and the tasso; cook over high heat, stirring occasionally and scraping the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon, about 3 1/2 minutes.
Add 1 cup celery and 3/4 cup bell... - 46.3295
Champion Seafood Gumbo
Combine first 6 ingredients in a Dutch oven, bring to a boil.
Add shrimp, and cook 3 to 5 minutes.
Drain well, reserving 3 cups liquid, discard bay leaves and hot pepper.
Rinse shrimp with cold water.
Peel and devein shrimp, set aside.
Combine... - 46.2903
Louisiana Red Beans And Rice
1) Soak the beans in 2 cups water overnight or by quick method.
2) In a large heavy saucepan, place the beans with the 2 cups water and salt pork, simmer covered for 45 minutes.
3) Add all except the last 3 ingredients and simmer... - 46.2446
Easy Homemade Chicken Gumbo
In a large soup pot place chicken, water and 1 cup broth.
Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat.
Skim with slotted spoon.
Add onion, garlic, thyme, red peppers, sage and bay leaf.
Simmer for 20 minutes.
Add okra,... - 45.9368
Chicken Andouille Gumbo
Chicken andouille gumbo is made with andouille sausages and stewing chicken. Cooked along with vegetables and seasoned with onions and garlic along with salt and pepper, the chicken and andouille gumbo is flavorful and meaty. - 45.8937
Bayou Seafood Gumbo
Place chicken parts in Dutch oven; cover with water.
Bring to a boil; cook until tender.
Cool; remove meat from bones, reserving stock.
Bring 1 cup cooking oil to a boil; add flour gradually, stirring constantly.
Cook until brown.
Place 1 tablespoon cooking... - 45.8845
Seafood Gumbo is a delicious easy to prepare appetizer. Enjoy this deadly combination of seafoods and herbs in your next coming weekend party! - 45.8711
Chicken Gumbo Casserole
In 3-quart casserole, place chicken, sausage and oil.
Microwave at high (10) 10 to 12 minutes; turn chicken over after 5 minutes.
In small mixing bowl, combine onion, green pepper and red pepper.
Microwave at high (10) 6 to 7 minutes until tender.
Add to... - 45.8674
1. In a large pot or kettle place margarine over high heat.
2. Put in 1 cup chopped onions and the tasso, cook over high heat, stirring occasionally and scraping the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon, about 3 1/2 minutes.
3. Put in 1 cup... - 45.7979
Chicken And Sausage Gumbo
Brown chicken pieces in hot bacon drippings in a large, heavy pot.
Remove chicken from pot and set aside.
Make a roux by gradually adding flour to hot drippings, stirring constantly over medium heat until roux turns the color of a dirty copper penny, about 10... - 45.7694
1.Start by cleaning the onions, make sure to reserve the green tops
2.Also chop the onions
3.In a pan, sauté onions with okra in bacon fat
4.Now add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes
5.Also add stock, peppers, green onion tops cut into... - 45.725
Seafood And Okra Gumbo
Using a No.
9 black iron Dutch oven, make a roux of bacon drippings and flour, stirring constantly.
Add a little paprika and dry parsley flakes.
This helps to make the roux dark without burning.
Add garlic, celery and onion, still stirring constantly until it... - 45.725
Quick Seafood Gumbo
1) Use non-stick vegetable spray in a skillet.
2) Add the onions, pepper and celery and saute till clear.
3) Add defatted beef broth, water, tomatoes and okra and simmer till done.
4) Add crab meat and shrimp and season with red pepper and salt.
5)... - 45.6303
Seafood Tomato Gumbo
Saute red onions, bell peppers and celery in shortening.
Saute separately okra until it is dry and not slimy.
Add Italian tomatoes, tomato sauce and all vegetables to okra.
Then add 3 or 4-quarts water.
Make a roux of shortening and flour.
Add a little water... - 45.3284
Homemade Chicken Gumbo
Reserve chicken neck and giblets for other uses, if desired.
Rinse chicken, pat dry, and set aside.
In a wide, heavy ovenproof frying pan, cook sausage over medium-high heat until browned.
Lift out and set aside, leaving drippings in pan.
Add chicken, a... - 45.3277
Seafood Gumbo A La Bundy
1. Pick out and discard any cartilage in crabmeat
2. Shell and devein shrimp
3. Drain oysters and reserve their liquor
4. In a large soup kettle, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil
5. In a separate pan, heat oil or melt butter then add... - 45.3014
Heat oil in a large pot or Dutch oven, and brown the chicken and cook thoroughly.
Add the sausage, garlic and vegetables, cook until tender.
Add the tomatoes, seasonings and hot sauce.
Reduce heat and simmer until sauce is very thick.
Stir in the green onions... - 45.2295
Louisiana Dinner Eggs
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) In a skillet, saute the bacon until crisp, remove with a slotted spoon and keep aside.
3) In the same skillet, saute the onion, celery, green pepper, rhubarb and mushrooms in the bacon fat, until... - 45.2161
Hearty Shrimp Gumbo
1. In a heavy bottomed saucepan or stock pot, heat oil on a medium flame.
2. Stir in the flour and cook for 10 minutes, stirring continuously until the flour has nicely browned.
3. Add celery, pepper and garlic and sauté for 6 minutes until soft.
4.... - 45.2071
New Orleans Chicken Gumbo
Put chicken, ham and onion in water in a deep, heavy kettle.
Season with garlic, salt, basil, oregano, pepper, Tabasco sauce and cayenne.
Simmer until chicken is tender about 1 hour.
Remove meat from broth.
Fry bacon until crisp.
Drain on paper.
Stir... - 45.1553
Pour oil into a heavy bottomed 8-quart pan and place over low to medium heat.
When oil is warm, slowly add flour and stir until smooth.
Stirring constantly, cook roux 30 to 45 minutes, until medium brown in color.
Watch the heat carefully so as not to scorch... - 45.0281
Best Chicken Gumbo
In 3-quart casserole dish, arrange chicken.
Heat, covered with glass lid, at high6 to 8 minutes, or until tender.
Remove chicken and cool.
Into casserole, add onion.
Heat at high3 minutes; stir in flour, tomatoes, okra, corn, broth, salt, hot pepper sauce,... - 45.0185
Frozen Louisiana Yam Pies
Prepare the instant yams according to package directions, omitting the seasoning.
Stir in the brown sugar, lemon juice and peel and cinnamon.
Cool, then stir in the vanilla.
Beat the egg yolks until thick and fluffy, then stir into the yam mixture.
Beat the... - 44.914
Bell Peppers And Onion Seafood Gumbo
1) In a non-stick shallow pan, heat oil and stir in the flour using a wooden spoon.
2) Stir continuously until the flour is light browned in colour.
3) Mix in onion, garlic, peppers and parsley and simmer 30 minutes, stirring... - 44.9088
All Purpose Louisiana Crayfish Salad
1) In a bowl place the raw crayfish tails and season with salt.
2) Put the lid on and place the bowl in cooker.
3) Steam crayfish tails allow to cook for 4 to 6 minutes, stirring twice.
4) Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
5) In a food... - 44.7796
Thaw shrimp and crabmeat, if frozen.
Spread flour in a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
Bake in a 325° oven about 45 minutes or till flour is a deep golden brown, stirring once.
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan stir together the 2 cups water, onion, green or red sweet... - 44.7631
Round Steak Louisiana
Layer sweet potato slices, onion slices, and green pepper wedges in a 2-quart casserole.
Cut meat in 6 serving-size pieces; pound to about half the original thickness.
Sprinkle with a little salt.
In skillet quickly brown meat in hot oil.
Transfer meat to... - 44.7544
Chicken Gumbo With Smoked Sausage
In 3-quart casserole, place chicken and oil.
Microwave at high (10) 10 to 12 minutes; turn chicken over after 5 minutes.
Combine onion, green pepper and red pepper; add to chicken.
Microwave at high (10) 6 to 7 minutes until tender.
Combine flour,... - 44.7493
Louisiana Bread Pudding
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Spread bread cubes on a baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, stirring twice, or until firm and lightly toasted.
Meanwhile, spread nuts in a pie plate and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until fragrant.
Let nuts cool and chop... - 44.731
Spicy seafood Gumbo
Thaw shelled shrimp and crab meat, if frozen.
In a 4 quart Dutch oven or large heavy saucepan stir together flour and cooking oil till smooth.
Cook over medium high heat 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
Reduce heat to medium.
Cook and stir constantly about 10... - 44.7264
Louisiana Little Loaves
1. Chop off the tops from rolls, and cut their interiors and save the crumbs.
2. Brush 2 tbsp of melted butter, inside and outside the bread.
3. Arrange the rolls in a baking dish and brown it at 350°F.
4. Take a frying pan, and... - 44.6584
Louisiana Shrimp Gumbo
Louisiana Shrimp Gumbo is rich with the flavors of shrimp, clam juice and seasonings. This rich tasting appetizer is the best bet to add to your party menu. Just check out the recipe of the rich tasting and flavorsome Louisiana Shrimp Gumbo. - 44.651
Brown chicken in butter; add stock, paprika, garlic, celery leaves and turmeric.
Cover, bring to boil, lower heat and simmer gently 1 hour, or until chicken is tender.
Cool and remove chicken from bones, cut up and reserve.
Brown ham, celery,... - 44.5058
Louisiana Hot Pot
1. Preheat the oven at 350Â°.
2. Trim off all the excess fat from the ham.
3. Take a paper bag and shake cubes with flour to coat properly.
4. In a cup, mix together salt, curry powder and pepper.
5. Take a 12-cup deep baking dish and... - 44.4324
Chicken And Oyster Gumbo
Combine hen, water, and 2 teaspoons salt in a Dutch oven.
Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 1/2 hours or until tender.
Remove hen from broth, reserving 8 1/2 cups broth.
Remove skin, bone hen, and cut meat into pieces.
Combine oil... - 44.3558
Wash shrimp shells well; cook in large pot of water.
Boil for an hour or so adding water as needed to make a good shrimp broth.
Use this in place of water.
Saute vegetables in 2-4 tablespoons butter, or shrimp broth until tender; add tomatoes and... - 44.3474
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
Add sausage, and cook 5 minutes or until browned on all sides.
Remove sausage from skillet, and set aside.
Add chicken to skillet, and cook 7 minutes on each side or until chicken is done.
Remove chicken from... - 44.3007
Chicken Gumbo File
Cook chicken in boiling water until tender.
Remove from saucepan (save the broth), cool, strip meat from bones, and cut into serving pieces.
Heat lard in a soup kettle, add ham, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Stir in parsley, bay... - 44.2358
Louisiana Baked Stuffed Red Snapper
Preheat oven to 350° Combine 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper and dash nutmeg.
Rub inside and outside of fish with mixture.
Melt butter in skillet; saute celery, onion and mushrooms.
Add parsley and bread crumbs and cook over low heat 3... - 43.923
Easy seafood Gumbo
In large pot, melt cooking oil.
Add flour; stir constantly until golden brown, being careful not to burn.
Add onions and celery; cook and stir until wilted.
Add water and garlic.
Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 1 hour.
Season with salt, black and red... - 43.9204
Fry salt pork in skillet until crisp.
Remove from skil- let; chop and set aside.
Saute okra in pan drippings.
Add onion; saute until tender, stirring constantly.
Push vegetables to side of skillet; add flour, cooking until browned.
Drain oysters, reserving... - 43.8935
Seafood Gumbo With Yellow Onions
In a heavy 4 quart Dutch oven, melt the margarine over moderate heat; add the onions and cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
Mix in the garlic, green pepper, and celery, and cook, stirring often, for another 5 minutes.
Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 1... - 43.8893
Louisiana Style Potato Salad
1) Take a 4-quart saucepan and boil water in it. Add the potatoes and cook, covered, for about 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and keep aside.
2) In an 8-inch skillet heat vegetable oil and cook bacon until crisp. Transfer to paper towel and get rid... - 43.7982
Seafood Okra Gumbo
Shell shrimp and saute in 2 tablespoons of the butter for several minutes or until they turn a bright coral color.
Heat remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a soup kettle, add okra, and cook, stirring frequently, until tender.
Stir in onion and cook... - 43.7155
Season chicken with salt and black pepper.
Heat oil in large saucepan or Dutch oven over high heat until hot.
Add chicken, stirring until brown on all sides.
Add sausage; cook 2 to 3 minutes.
Remove chicken and sausage from saucepan; set aside.
Add chopped... - 43.6837
Sausage And Duck Gumbo
1) In a skillet of 10-inches, cook the sausages till they have turned brown and then cut them neatly into bite sized pieces. Set aside.
2) In a stockpot of 16-quart, combine together the celery stalks, cut-up onion, parley and bay leaf with the duck... - 43.6322
Chicken And Okra Gumbo
Cut chicken into pieces and boil in about 1 gallon of water.
Remove and de-bone.
Cook okra, onions, bell pepper and tomatoes in oil slowly for about 30 minutes or until the okra is not slimy.
Make a roux with 2 tablespoons flour and 2 tablespoons oil.
Add... - 43.6144
Make a roux with oil and flour.
Add onions, celery, bell pepper and cook until wilted.
Add water, garlic and seasonings.
Cook in heavy uncovered pot over medium heat for 2 hours.
Add shrimp, parsley, green onion tops and fish, deboned and cut into small... - 43.5175
Louisiana Hot Bean Porridge
1. Boil 3 quarts of water and stir in beans.
2. Boil the beans and remove them from heat, cover and leave it for soaking overnight.
3. Take another bowl and add barley and pour 2 cups of water over it and leave it for soaking overnight.... - 43.4432
1. In large saucepan or Dutch oven, melt 2 tablespoons butter, remove from heat and blend in flour until smooth.
2. Return to heat, add shrimp and cook, stirring often, 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Add 2 cups water, the crab or shrimp boil, salt and pepper,... - 43.357
Garlic Seafood Gumbo
Make a roux of flour and bacon drippings in a heavy iron pot.
Cook over medium heat and stir constantly until a rich brown color.
Add 1 heaping tablespoon of fresh ground file right before you remove roux from heat, stirring constantly until roux and file are... - 43.3434
Louisiana Red Beans And Rice
Place beans in large Dutch oven; add the water.
Bring to boiling; reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes.
Remove from heat.
Cover; let stand 1 hour.
Do not drain.
Add salt pork, onion, celery, parsley, red pepper, garlic, and bay leaf.
Bring to... - 43.3388
Louisiana Corn Bread Stuffing
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Grease 2-quart baking dish.
Melt 1/4 cup butter in heavy large skillet over low heat.
Add onion, green pepper and celery and cook, stirring frequently, until limp but not browned, about 10 minutes.
Stir in crumbs, parsley, salt and... - 43.2844
Louisiana Style Mirleton Stuffed With Ham And Shrimp
1. Preheat oven to 190Â°C (375Â°F or Mark 5)
2. In large covered saucepan fitted with collapsible vegetable steamer, bring 2 1/2 cm (1 inch) of water to a boil.
3. Cut squash in half and remove seeds.
4. Steam halves, cut side down,... - 43.2615
Red Beans South Louisiana Style
Wash and pick over beans.
Cover with cold water and soak overnight.
Cover beans with 2 to 3 inches of water, using the water they were soaked in.
Add ham bone, onions, bell pepper, bay leaves, garlic, cumin powder, red pepper, and Tabasco.
Cook slowly for... - 43.2156
Flounder Fillets Louisiana
Cut fish into 6 serving pieces, pat dry with paper towels.
Place in a 7 x 11-inch (18 x 28 cm) glass baking dish.
Place butter or margarine in a microwave-safe dish, add the green onions, parsley and minced onion.
Microwave 2 minutes at HIGH.
Stir well and... - 43.1239
Seafood Gumbo With Tomato Sauce
Melt margarine in a stockpot.
Add flour and blend to make a smooth paste.
Add water, tomato sauce, okra and salt.
Simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
Add remaining ingredients 15 minutes prior to serving.
Simmer for 1 5 minutes.
May be served over cooked rice.
Makes... - 43.1171
Try this alluring Chicken Gumbo recipe. An easily prepared soup recipe, this Chicken Gumbo is a dish which you will always love to serve in your party. - 43.0905
1.Start by cutting the chicken into equally pieces
2.Cut the onion into thin slices, also slice the tomatoes and parsley sprigs
3.In a saucepan, place the salt pork fat and the chicken pieces, saute until brown, transfer chicken pieces... - 42.9648
Louisiana Tomato Rice Gumbo
Cook and stir chicken in hot margarine in large skillet until lightly browned.
Stir in onion, green pepper, celery and garlic; cook until tender.
Add okra, tomatoes, broth and seasonings.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5 minutes, stirring... - 42.8995
Seafood Gumbo With Bacon And Okra
Cut bacon into 1" pieces.
Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp; remove bacon and drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet. (Cover and chill bacon until gumbo is done.)
Whisk flour into drippings, and cook over medium heat,... - 42.8024
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large Dutch oven; stir flour into butter.
Add enough water to make a gravy.
Saute okra in remaining butter in small skillet.
Add okra, tomatoes, celery, green pepper, garlic, onion, red pepper, salt, pepper and shrimp to... - 42.7754
Season chicken with salt and pepper.
Heat butter or margarine in a large skillet and fry chicken until golden brown.
Remove chicken to a heavy kettle or Dutch oven.
Add flour to fat in skillet and cook until lightly brown.
Add onion and garlic clove; simmer... - 42.5139
Microwaved Chicken Gumbo
Place the butter in a microwave-safe 2-cup measure, cover with wax paper, and microwave on High for 35 to 40 seconds.
Blend in the flour, cover with wax paper, and microwave on High, without stirring, until golden brown 3 to 4 minutes.
Transfer to an... - 42.4626
Oyster And Chicken Gumbo
Skin hen pieces; brown in 1 /4 cup shortening in large Dutch oven.
Remove from pan; drain and set aside.
Brown flour in remaining shortening, stirring con- stantly, until darkened.
Add onions; cook until ten- der.
Add hen, 3 quarts water and seasonings; cook... - 42.3513
In a large stockpot over medium-high heat, saute okra in oil for 10 minutes.
Add onions, garlic and pepper.
Cook about 5 minutes.
Add water, tomatoes and bay leaves.
Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions; do not use... - 42.3144
Best seafood Gumbo
Thaw crab and shrimp, if frozen.
Remove crabmeat from shells, and then cut crabmeat into bite-size pieces.
Cut fish into 1-inch pieces.
Cover and refrigerate the shellfish and fish till needed.
For gumbo, in a 5-quart heavy Dutch oven melt... - 42.2938
In a large stock pot with four or five quarts of water, combine all stock ingredients.
Boil for thirty-five to forty minutes.
Strain through colander.
Rescue catfish and return to liquid.
Discard the remaining solids in colander.
In a heavy... - 42.155
Chicken Shrimp Gumbo
Cook fowl with 5 cups water, garlic, 1 tablespoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper for 3 hours, or until tender.
Cool and remove meat from bones.
Cut into pieces.
Strain broth and reserve.
Add enough water to make 6 cups.
Cool and skim off fat.
Cook salt pork... - 42.1354
Mama's Seafood Gumbo
Saute white onions and garlic in 3 tablespoons oil.
Add okra and smother until okra becomes tender.
Cook for about 15 minutes.
Make a dark roux using 6 tablespoons flour and 6 tablespoons oil.
Add 2-quarts water to roux.
Add... - 42.0994
Louisiana Recipes By Category