- » Light Whole Grain Bread
Light Whole Grain Bread Recipes
Enjoy our collection of Light Whole Grain Bread recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for Light Whole Grain Bread recipes.
Whole Grain Toast With Bacon
Toast the bread.
Brown the bacon in an ungreased pan, then cut in half.
Wash and dry the tomatoes, cut out the stem end and slice.
Wash and pat the lettuce leaves dry and then quarter them.
Spread the Remoulade sauce on the bread.
Lay tomato slices on top and... - 29.5306
Layered Whole Grain Bread
Cream the butter, margarine, salt, ptepper and 4 oz. of the cream cheese.
Incorporate the chervil and 2 tbs. of the chives and divide the mixture in half.
Peel and chop the onion.
Pit and finely chop the olives.
Combine the chopped ingredients, tomato paste,... - 39.9232
Whole Grain Spelt Bread - Part 2: Baking
Looking for a healthy and easy to make at home alternative to your regular, store brought bread? Then watch this 2 part video and learn to make yummy whole grain bread right in the comfort of your kitchen. Don't worry, you will not mess anything up thanks to... - 99.8604
Whole Grain Spelt Bread - Part 1: Dough Making
In part 2 of the video series on making the perfect spelt bread, it is now time to prepare the dough for baking and bake the bread. Watch the video carefully and you will know how to bake the bread to perfection. Once you have mastered the art, you will never... - 99.5055
Whole Grain Pumpkin Muffins
Combine cereal and buttermilk in a bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
Add pumpkin, oil, egg, and orange rind; stir well.
Combine all-purpose flour and next 6 ingredients in a bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
Add buttermilk mixture, stirring just until dry... - 39.5097
Lightly Flavored Pioneer Bread
Pioneer bread is a delicious all time favorite. A variation of classic bread, this can be made with whole grain and is good for health. Serve as a dipping or make sandwiches out of it. Just overlook the kiddish manners of Aloha while making it! - 57.5399
Whole Grain Nut Bread
Spray 1-quart round casserole with vegetable cooking spray.
Sprinkle with 1 1/2 teaspoons wheat germ.
Tilt dish to coat.
In medium mixing bowl, combine whole wheat flour, rye flour, cracked wheat flour, walnuts and baking soda.
In small... - 47.9556
Whole Grain And Seed Bread
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Boil 1 cup of the water in a saucepan.
3. Add the bulgur; cover and set aside for 15 minutes.
4. Heat the remaining 1 1/2 cups of water to lukewarm to about 110°F and transfer to a large bowl.
5. Stir... - 44.8224
Whole Grain Bread
1. In large bowl, combine rye flour, unprocessed bran, wheat germ, and 3 cups whole wheat flour. In another large bowl, combine sugar, salt, yeast, and 3 cups flour mixture. In 2-quart saucepan over low heat, heat milk, butter or margarine, molasses, and 1... - 39.9325
Whole Grain Bread
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Add yeast to sugar water and add to warm water when dissolved.
3) Mix in molasses, honey, soy flour, bran, ground seeds, and oats.
4) Add in oil and salt.
5) Add flours in order listed till dough is... - 48.3206
Whole Grain Bread
Combine sifted flours and gluten in large bowl; return husks in sifter to bowl.
Combine yeast and sugar in small bowl, stir until liquid, stir in 1 cup of the water.
Add to well in centre of dry ingredients, stand covered in a warm place until liquid starts... - 44.5538
Whole Grain Soda Bread
1. Place the wheat berries in a small bowl, add 1/2 cup of boiling water and set aside to soak 1 hour, or until soft.
2. Place the raisins in another small bowl, add hot water to cover and set aside to soak.
3. Preheat the oven to 375°.
4. Lightly spray a... - 42.5782
Sweet Whole Wheat Bread
In 2 cup glass measure microwave (high) water 30-45 seconds until lukewarm.
Add yeast to soften.
Stir into flour making a thick, smooth batter. (Cover; rest overnight in warm place.) In a 4 cup glass measure, scald milk with shortening, molasses, sugar and... - 38.8194
New Easy 7-grain Bread
Pour boiling water over cereal in large mixing bowl.
Dissolve yeast in warm water.
When cereal is lukewarm, add yeast and all remaining ingredients except 3 cups flour.
Beat vigorously for 2 minutes.
Work in remaining flour.
Divide dough in half and spread... - 36.04
Whole Wheat Oatmeal Bread
In saucepan (or large bowl and in microwave), heat milk until hot; stir in brown sugar, oil and salt until blended and sugar has dissolved.
Let cool to lukewarm.
In small bowl, dissolve granulated sugar in warm water; sprinkle yeast over top and let stand for... - 45.2097
Whole Wheat Oatmeal Bread
1. Dissolve yeast in water.
2. Stir in honey and milk powder.
3. Stir in 1 cup whole wheat flour and 1 cup all-purpose flour until thick batter is formed. Let batter rest 10 minutes.
4. Fold in oil.
5. Stir in additional whole wheat flour and oatmeal.
6. Turn... - 44.0225
Sweet Caraway-rye Bread
Now to give you a recipe which you will find nowhere else! This recipe uses whole grain wheat and rye flours. The bread is sweetened and also has whole caraway seeds! A unique bread that can surely get you addicted! Watch this step-by-step video and try it... - 129.606
Seven Grain Bread
Pour the 2 cups boiling water over cereal; cool to lukewarm.
Combine 2 cups of the unbleached flour and the yeast.
In saucepan heat the 1 cup water, the butter, brown sugar, and salt just till warm (115° to 120°) and butter is almost melted; stir... - 43.81
Four-grain Batter Bread
Dissolve yeast in warm water in large bowl.
Add 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, the milk, sugar, salt and baking soda.
Beat on low speed until moistened; beat on medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally, 3 minutes.
Stir in whole wheat flour, wheat germ, oats... - 41.5031
Wild Rice Three Grain Bread
Wild Rice Three Grain Bread has a fine taste. Wild Rice Three Grain Bread gets its taste from flour mixed with rice and oats. Wild Rice Three Grain Bread is inspired by many food joints across the world. - 42.8636
Multi Grain Seed Bread
1. In a bowl, mix flour, whole-wheat flour, yeast and salt.
2. In another bowl, mix sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds and oats.
3. In a saucepan, heat water, molasses and add to the flours and mix until dough forms. Add egg... - 43.4614
Mixed Grain Bread
1. Combine the milk and butter and set aside until lukewarm.
2. Sprinkle the dry active yeast over the warm water and stir to dissolve.
3. When the milk mixture is lukewarm, stir in the yeast mixture, egg, salt, honey, and molasses. Mix well.
4. Stir in the... - 42.9032
Five Grain Soda Bread
In bowl, combine all-purpose, whole-wheat, rye and graham flours, rolled oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; cut in margarine until well mixed.
Stir in raisins (if using), add buttermilk and stir to make soft dough.
Turn out onto lightly floured... - 41.5339
Seven Grain Bread
1. Preheat oven
2. Grease and dust the loaf tin with flour.
3. In a large bowl, place all the flours and the poppy seeds and sesame seeds. Make a well in the centre of flour mixture, so that you can pour in the yeast in it.
4. In another... - 45.7714
Wild Rice Three Grain Bread
Sprinkle yeast over water in large bowl; stir until yeast is dissolved.
Add milk, shortening, honey and salt.
Stir in 2 cups bread flour, whole wheat flour, rye flour and oats to make soft dough.
Add wild rice.
Cover and let rest 15 minutes.
Stir in enough... - 43.9818
Grain And Seed Bread
This grain and ssed bread is made with wheat and buckwheat flour along with caraway and sunflower seeds. Prepared with a dough of the flour and seeds combined in a batter of honey, sugar and yeast, the grain and seed bread dough is soft and moist and it comes... - 44.8206
Whole Wheat Biscuit Crackers
In bowl combine dry ingredients; cut in butter till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Stir with fork just till dough follows fork around bowl.
On floured surface roll out to 1/4-inch thickness.
Using floured 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter, cut dough... - 40.3461
Bran And Raisins Muffins
Mix bran, buttermilk, molasses and brown sugar in a small bowl, let stand until all liquid is absorbed.
Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into large bowl.
Stir in raisins, if desired.
Stir egg and melted shortening into bran mixture.
Add... - 44.5001
Busy Bee Bran Muffins
In small bowl, blend together eggs, oil and honey.
In large mixing bowl, combine bran with milk and let stand 5 minutes.
Add egg mixture to cereal and blend lightly.
Mix in flour, cinnamon and soda.
Add raisins, if desired.
Spoon into paper-lined or greased... - 34.0191
Blueberry-oat Bran Muffins
Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
Sift flour, baking powder and salt together into a large bowl.
Stir in oat bran, then blueberries.
Mix together soy milk, fruit juice concentrate, margarine and egg whites.
Combine the two mixtures and stir just enough to... - 34.7072
Hearty Oat And Grain Loaf
1. Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
2. Combine milk, oil, and egg; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
3. Spoon batter into a 9- x 5- x 3-inch loafpan coated with cooking... - 33.8768
Cream together the butter or margarine and brown sugar in the Bosch mixing bowl.
Add the whole wheat flour, and mix well.
Roll out dough to 1/2 inch thickness, and cut with a biscuit cutter.
Place circles 1 inch apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
Bake in... - 24.3805
Baked French Toast
1.Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2.Combine milk, egg whites, vanilla, and nutmeg in a shallow bowl.
3.Dip the bread in the milk mixture, coating both sides.
4.Spray a baking sheet with vegetable cooking spray or line with a nonstick baking liner. Arrange bread... - 41.1758
Whole Wheat Bread
With more and more people turning to whole grain for nutrition, the demand for whole wheat bread has rocketed. Considering this high demand, this video recipe brings to you a healthy, nutritious way to bake whole wheat bread at home. Prepared with 100% whole... - 119.669
Preheat the oven to 400Â° F.
Grease muffin tins that are 1/2 inches in diameter.
Combine the milk and bran and let stand for 15 minutes.
Beat the egg, sugar, and salt until light and fluffy.
Add the molasses.
Add the bran mixture.
Sift the flour and baking... - 41.2911
Easy Bran Muffins
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Beat egg; add sugar, milk, and margarine. Beat well.
3. Stir in bran. Allow to stand 1 or 2 minutes.
4. Sift dry ingredients together; add to bran mixture. Stir to blend; do not beat.
5. Spray muffin pan with vegetable pan... - 29.2314
Harvest Spelt Bread
I found this Harvest Spelt Bread while surfing through my old recipe book for spelt breads. Yes, Harvest Spelt Bread is a bread but it is definitely something unique. Do try it! - 42.9499
Whole Wheat Biscuits
1. In a large basin, sift together the dry ingredients.
2. Preheat the oven to 450°F
3. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add liquid all at once.
4. Combine with dinner fork to form a stiff dough.
5. Add a little more... - 40.4327
Whole Wheat Seed Bread
In a large bowl, combine yeast, molasses, and water and let stand until bubbly.
Add oil, salt, and 3 cups of the flour.
With a wooden spoon or heavy duty electric mixer at medium speed, beat until dough is elastic and pulls away from sides of bowl.
Mix in... - 47.1159
Simple Bake Bran Muffins
In a large bowl, combine cereal with boiling water, stirring to moisten.
Set aside until cool, then add eggs, buttermilk, oil, and fruit; blend well.
Mix together the soda, salt, sugar, and flour; then stir in the bran mixture. (At this point you may cover... - 39.9553
Peach Bran Muffins
Spray 10 muffin cups with no-stick spray (or line the cups with paper baking cups); set aside.
In a small bowl, combine the milk and peaches.
Let stand for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together the whole-wheat flour, unbleached flour, cereal,... - 45.0948
Granola Bran Muffins
You will find the Granola Bran Muffins a rare treat! Prepare the Granola Bran Muffins with a little effort, enjoy the recipe and let us know what you feel about it. - 46.7688
Fruity Bran Muffins
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray twelve 2 1/2-inch nonstick muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray, or line with paper liners; set aside.
2. In large bowl, whisk together flour, oats, bran, baking powder, and baking soda. In medium bowl, whisk together... - 35.2656
Date Bran Muffins
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray twelve 2 1/2-inch nonstick muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray, or line with paper liners; set aside.
2. In large bowl, sift 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons of the flour, the sugar, baking powder, and salt. In medium bowl,... - 35.0243
Pumpkin Bran Muffins
Spray 12 muffin cups with a non-fat cooking spray.
In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
In a large bowl, using a wire whisk, beat Egg Beaters.
Stir in pumpkin, cereal, milk, and corn syrup.
Add to flour... - 38.7674
Honey Bran Muffins
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray twelve 2 1/2-inch nonstick muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray, or line with paper liners; set aside.
2. In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. In another medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients;... - 33.0554
Florida Orange Date Bran Muffins
Florida Orange Date Bran Muffins is an irresistible side dish recipe. This delicious Florida Orange Date Bran Muffins is something you would never want to miss out on! - 48.3857
Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
Lightly butter the desired number of 2 7/8 by 1 3/8 inch (7 tablespoon) muffin cups.
Stir together the bran cereal and bran, stir in the buttermilk and let stand until the buttermilk is absorbed.
In another bowl stir together the... - 45.2324
Streusel Bran Muffins
Streusel Bran Muffins is an amazingly delicious side dish version. An easy to make recipe, you will simply find this Streusel Bran Muffins both mouth-watering and amazingly tempting. - 45.6951
Whole Spelt Bread
Spelt is a grain in the wheat family. Bread made from spelt flour is sweeter and nuttier than bread made with wheat. Some people who cannot tolerate wheat products can eat spelt. - 118.875
1. In a large mixing bowl stir together warm water and yeast. Add honey, oil, eggs, and salt; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed till combined. Add the dry milk powder, oats, cornmeal, and wheat germ; beat till combined.
2. Add 1 cup of the... - 39.1812
Basic Oatmeal Bread
1. Sprinkle yeast into warm water.
2. Scald milk and mix with oats, honey, oil, and salt.
3. Cool to lukewarm and add wheat germ and 2 cups of whole wheat flour. Beat well.
4. Add yeast mixture and egg whites. Beat well.
5. Add enough flour to make a soft... - 41.7019
Orange Glazed Raisin Oat Bread
For the bread: Spray a 9" X 5" loaf pan with no-stick spray; set aside.
In a large bowl, stir together the unbleached flour and whole wheat flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
In a medium bowl, stir together the egg whites, yogurt and... - 47.778
Honey Oatmeal Bread
1 In a large mixing bowl combine 2 cups of the flour and the yeast. In saucepan heat milk, honey, oil, and salt just until warm (120° to 130°). Add to dry mixture in mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping side of bowl... - 36.7556
Herb Oatmeal Bread
The herb oatmeal bread is a wheat flour and oatmeal bread. Leavened with yeast, the herb oatmeal bread is prepared with a medley of dill, basil and sage. Filled with celery and poppy seeds and baked with the flavor of sour cream, this herb oatmeal bread is... - 44.5355
Ginger Oatmeal Molasses Bread
1. Mix 1 cup white flour, the whole wheat flour, oats, yeast, salt, brown sugar, and ginger in a large bowl.
2. Heat the milk, molasses, and oil until very warm. Stir into the dry ingredients. Then beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes.
3.... - 40.8271
Colonial Oatmeal Bread
1. In large bowl, combine salt, yeast, 2 cups whole-wheat flour, and 1 cup all-purpose flour. In 2-quart saucepan over low heat, heat water, honey, and butter or margarine until very warm (120° to 130°F.). Butter or margarine does not need to melt.
2. With... - 35.031
Honey Oatmeal Bread
In large mixer bowl combine 2 cups of the flour and the yeast.
In saucepan heat milk, honey, oil, and salt just till warm (115-120°).
Add to dry mixture in mixer bowl.
Beat at low speed with electric mixer for 1/2 minute, scraping sides of bowl... - 40.2719
Sesame Oatmeal Bread
Cook oats in 2 cups water according to package instructions. Let cool to lukewarm.
Toast sesame seeds over medium heat in an ungreased skillet until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Set aside.
Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large mixing bowl. Add... - 37.9408
Pumpernickel Bread ( Wheat, Rye, Corn )
This Pumpernickel Bread has become a regular lunch fare for me! This mixed grains bread is not only nutritiuos but also spicy. Serve up the Pumpernickel Bread with heaps of fresh green veggies topped with heaps of shredded cheese to your family and tell me hw... - 43.0551
Savory Summertime Oat Bread
1. Spray small nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Cook onion, stirring frequently, 3 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
2. Stir together whole wheat flour, 1 cup all-purpose flour, oats, sugar, yeast and salt in... - 40.3784
1. In a medium-size bowl stir together the wholewheat flour, 1 1/2 cups of the all-purpose flour, 1 cup of the oats, the yeast and salt, and make a well in the center; set aside.
2. Combine the milk, sugar and 1 cup of water in a small saucepan over low heat... - 36.0066
Dissolve the yeast and sugar in the lukewarm water.
Let stand 10 minutes in a warm spot.
Place the rolled oats, molasses, salt, and butter in a large mixing bowl.
Pour on the boiling water.
Stir to dissolve the molasses and melt the butter.
Cool to... - 51.1095
Spicy Wheat And Oat Bread
In a small mixer bowl mix 1 1/4 cups of the all purpose flour, the yeast, salt, and all the spices.
Add the water, molasses, and oil.
Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly.
Beat on high speed for 3 minutes.
Stir in... - 39.2679
1. Mix 2 cups all-purpose flour, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl.
2. Heat water, milk, and margarine in a saucepan until hot (120-130°F).
3. Gradually add liquid to dry ingredients. Beat 2 minutes with an electric mixer.
4. Stir in whole wheat flour until... - 40.3777
This is one of those great bread pudding recipes. You will fall head over heels in love with this Bread pudding recipe. I am sure you will make it almost every other day from the day you try it! - 37.2732
Ham And Eggs On Toast
Mix half the butter with the mustard.
Wash, dry, and thickly slice the tomatoes.
Peel and grate the onions.
Remove the fat from the ham and cut the ham in strips.
Wash and shake the chives dry and chop.
Heat the remaining butter, whisk the eggs with the salt... - 40.5669
Amaranth Maple Cornbread
Preheat oven to 400°.
Coat a 9-inch cast-iron skillet with cooking spray; add 1 teaspoon oil.
Place in a 400° oven for 7 minutes.
Combine cornmeal and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
Combine buttermilk, syrup, 2 tablespoons oil, and eggs in a small... - 38.7965
Fruit Toast Deluxe
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.Arrange toast on a baking sheet.
3.Combine strawberries, kiwis, bananas, and raspberries. Spoon fruit onto toast slices.
4.Bake for 10 minutes until fruit is warmed through.
5.Combine cottage cheese, orange rind, and orange... - 37.8914
1. In a large bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, rye flour, rye meal, soy flour, wheat germ, salt, and caraway seeds. Mix very well.
2. Dissolve the yeast in 1/2 cup of water. Mix the remaining water with the molasses. Add the yeast mixture to the molasses... - 44.5963
Place the brown sugar, salt and butter in a saucepan with the milk, heat gently stirring continuously until the sugar has dissolved, then leave to cool until lukewarm.
Stir the yeast into the lukewarm water with the granulated sugar and leave for 10 minutes... - 40.4311
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Place dressing, paprika, and garlic cloves in a blender and process until well blended.
3. Spread mixture on one side of bread slices and sprinkle with parsley.
4. Broil slices until they are lightly golden, being careful not to allow... - 29.3299
Wipe mushrooms with paper towels before slicing.
Heat a skillet and quickly saute mushrooms in butter until done.
Add salt and sprinkle with flour.
Gradually stir in cream and bring to boil.
The mushrooms go naturally with the rice... - 33.7194
Salmon Croquettes With Dill Sauce
Mix diced salmon, scallions, breadcrumbs, egg whites, parsley, sea salt and pepper in a bowl or food processor (if using a food processor, pulse the ingredients but do not puree). Form into patties and fry on medium heat until lightly crisp and browned -... - 23.6828
Stir water, sugar and yeast together and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine grains, seeds, salt, sugar, liquid and fat.
Stir until well mixed.
Stir yeast mixture in lightly.
Add the flour slowly—each batch requires a slightly different amount, as the... - 43.4057
1. In a medium-size bowl stir together the rye flour, whole-wheat flour, 1 cup of all-purpose flour and the salt, and make a well in the center; set aside.
2. Place the yeast in a small bowl, add 1/4 cup of warm water (105-115°) and set aside 2 to 3... - 45.4942
Honey Multigrain Hearth Bread
In a large bowl, combine yeast, 1 cup water, and honey; let stand 5 minutes to soften yeast.
Add milk, whole-wheat flour, and 3/4 cup all-purpose flour; stir until moistened.
Cover and keep in a warm place 1 to 2 hours.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine... - 37.933
Blueberry Corn Bread
1. In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients and toss in the blueberries, coating them well
2. In another bowl, combine eggs, maple syrup and yogurt and beat them all, adding them to the dry ingredients
3. Ina lightly greased 8"X8" baking pan,... - 37.2658
Royal Hibernian Brown Bread
1) Preheat the oven to 400 F.
2) Lightly grease a baking sheet and leave aside.
3) In large bowl, sift together flours, sugar, soda and salt.
4) Using hand work in the butter in the flour mixture until it resembles fine grain texture.
5) In a... - 43.4559
Carob Cream Bread Pudding
Preheat oven to 400° F.Place milk in saucepan; add carob and salt.
Heat over low heat and beat with hand beater or whisk until well blended.
In a large bowl, put 1 whole egg and 2 yolks (put 2 whites in small bowl and set aside for meringue).
Beat the eggs... - 40.484
Zucchini Carrot Bread Loaf
1 In a bowl, combine all Loaf ingredients.
2 Place half the mixture in a lightly greased loaf pan.
3 Steam zucchini and carrot for 5 minutes.
4 Prepare a hollow in the center of the mixture in the loaf pan.
5 Arrange zucchini, carrot,... - 45.49
Creamy Double Corn Bread
1. In a large bowl, tip in all the dry ingredients and mix well
2. Grease and prepare a lightly oiled 8 X 8-inch (20 X 20-cm) baking pan
3. Preheat the oven to 75Â°F (190Â°C.)
4. In the food processor bowl, tip in the corn and... - 41.7323
Bartlett Bread Pudding With Meringue
Place pears into a medium-size bowl.
Cover with cold water, and stir in lemon juice.
Set aside.Preheat oven to 350°F.
Butter a 2 1/2-qiart casserole.
In a medium-size saucepan, heat milk and butter until milk is hot and butter has melted.
In a large bowl,... - 41.5811
Algerian Chickpea Bread
TO MAKE THE SPONGE: In a small bowl, combine the flour with the water and yeast.
Stir the mixture until blended, cover, and let sit in a warm place for 24 hours.
In a bowl of a heavy-duty electric mixer, stir the sponge with the honey, water, and yeast.
Let... - 45.1689
Corned Beef & Red Cabbage With Brown Bread By Good Food Ireland
An old favourite in Ireland, Corned Beef and Cabbage, Kevin Aherne of Sage Restaurant puts a modern twist on this classic dish. Using red cabbage with additional vegetables, herbs and spices; this is delicious served with Beamish Brown Bread. Visit this link... - 0
To make the artichokes: Trim the stems and 1" from the top of each artichoke.
Rub all the cut edges of the artichokes with the lemon halves.
Using kitchen shears, trim the thorny tips of the leaves.
Place the artichokes in a saucepot with 1" of water and... - 46.6176
The Properly Combined Sandwich
1) In your bread sandwich, add several thick slices of avocado, tomato, and cucumber, alone or in any combination, along with preferred condiments.
2) Place a handful of alfalfa or red clover sprouts and/or lettuce on top of the sandwich. - 31.4325
Combine turkey, ham, marmalade, and mustard in a small bowl; stir well.
Spread meat mixture evenly over 4 slices of bread; top with remaining bread slices.
Transfer sandwiches to a sandwich press or hot griddle that has been coated with cooking spray.
Cook... - 27.2962
Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well.
Add turkey, cheese, ripe olives, and jicama; stir well.
Spread turkey mixture evenly over 4 slices of bread; top with remaining bread slices. - 27.6576
Egg Salad Blt
Combine mayonnaise, green onions, sour cream, mustard, black pepper, and grated lemon rind in a medium bowl, stirring well.
Cut 2 eggs in half lengthwise; reserve 2 yolks for another use.
Coarsely chop remaining egg whites and whole eggs.
Add eggs to... - 47.4326
Onion And Cheese Toast
Toast the slices of bread and spread with the butter.
Peel, dice and saute the onions in the oil until translucent.
Remove to a plate and allow to cool.
Coarsely grate the cheese and mix with the cooled onions, the pepper and parsley (setting aside a few... - 35.7769
Turkey With Hazelnuts On Toast
Toast the bread slices and set aside to cool, then spread with butter and cover each with a slice of turkey breast.
Preheat the oven to 350°.
Wash, peel and grate the carrots.
Dice the cheese and chop the hazelnuts.
Mix the carrots, cheese and hazelnuts... - 41.6977
Open Faced Tartar Sandwiches
Put the tartare in a bowl.
Peel and finely chop the onion.
Mix the drained capers, horseradish, mustard, ketchup, cognac or brandy, salt and pepper with the tartare.
Add further seasoning to taste.
Lightly butter the bread and top with the tartare.
Make a... - 41.3074
Cottage Cheese On Cucumber Slices
Wash the cucumbers thoroughly in warm water to remove the wax coating.
Dry and cut into slices about 1/4-inch thick.
Arrange on a platter and sprinkle with the salt.
Wash, dry and dice the zucchini.
Score a cross in the round end of the tomatoes, set them in... - 42.0936
Tasty Fish Patties
Peel and chop the onions.
Wash, pat dry and cut the fish into large pieces.
Chop the fish and the onion in a food processor or chop with a knife and sprinkle with the lemon juice.
Peel and finely dice the cucumber.
Remove the stem end, seeds and white... - 43.801
Chicken Caesar Salad
Place colander in a 2-quart glass measure or bowl.
Line colander with 4 layers of cheesecloth, allowing cheesecloth to extend over outside edges.
Spoon yogurt into colander.
Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 12 hours.
Combine yogurt cheese,... - 44.6714
Chicken Pita Sandwiches With Yogurt Sauce
Combine first 10 ingredients in a large heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag; seal and shake well to coat chicken.
Marinate in refrigerator 8 hours, turning bag occasionally.
Combine cucumber, onion, mint, and yogurt in a medium bowl; stir well.
Cover and... - 40.6539
Smothered Beef And Mushrooms
Combine porcini mushrooms and hot water in a small bowl; let stand 15 minutes.
Drain, reserving liquid; coarsely chop porcini mushrooms.
Partially freeze steak; trim fat from steak.
Slice steak diagonally across grain into 1/4 inch-wide strips; cut... - 43.2035
Combine milk, butter or oil, honey, and salt.
Cool to lukewarm by adding water.
Stir in yeast, then beat in egg, cover and allow to set in a warm place for 10 to 15 minutes.
Add flour and work until dough is well blended and soft.
Shape into 12 buns.
Combine... - 45.8187