- » Light Doughnut
Light Doughnut Recipes
Enjoy our collection of light doughnut recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for light doughnut recipes.
Doughnut is most mouth watering name today ..You can say sexy dish also..Doughnut is a small ring-shaped cake made of rich, light dough that is fried in deep fat... - 43.1357
Mix the flour, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.
Sprinkle the yeast into warm water and stir gently until the yeast is dissolved.
Add the corn germ oil and molasses or honey to the yeast mixture, stirring constantly.
Add the liquids to the flour in the... - 40.959
Polish Shrove Doughnuts
1 Combine 2 cups flour, yeast, lemon peel, and mace in mixing bowl. Heat water, milk, sugar, salt, and butter to hot (120°-130°F).
2 Add milk mixture, rum, and egg yolks to dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
3 Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.... - 42.6627
Cream shortening, gradually add sugar, beating well.
Add eggs, and beat mixture well.
Combine banana, buttermilk, and vanilla in a small bowl.
Combine flour, baking powder, salt, soda, and nutmeg, add flour mixture to creamed mixture... - 42.1883
Apple Doughnut Balls
In deep fryer or heavy 3-quart saucepan, heat 3 to 4 inches oil to 375°F.
Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off In large bowl, combine flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder; salt, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and nutmeg; blend well.
Add half-and-half;... - 36.589
Scald milk, add shortening, salt and sugar.
When cool, crumble yeast cake into mixture and beat well.
Add eggs and sufficient bread flour to make a dough stiff enough to handleâ€”about 4 cups.
Knead until elastic and set in a cool place to rise 6 hrs. or... - 41.2975
Soften yeast in warm water.
Combine next 5 ingredients.
Add 1 cup flour; beat well.
Beat in softened yeast and egg.
Add enough remaining flour to make soft dough.
Turn out on lightly floured surface; knead till smooth, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Place in greased... - 40.7962
Mix potatoes, butter, 2 tbsp. sugar and salt.
Scald buttermilk (do not boil but don't worry if it separates a little).
Cool to lukewarm.
Measure water into mixing bowl.
Add 1 tsp. sugar and stir to dissolve.
Sprinkle yeast over top and let stand 10... - 44.005
1. Sieve the flour and the salt and set aside to warm up
2. Whisk the yeast in half the milk and add the sugar
3. Melt the butter and add the rest of the milk and mix the two liquids together and add to the flour. Beat this dough well and set aside to... - 41.5787
Baked Orange Doughnuts
Dissolve the yeast in warm water; set aside until it starts to bubble.
In a large bowl, combine the yeast mixture, orange juice, margarine, sugar replacement, salt, orange peel, eggs, and 2 c. (500 mL) of the flour; beat on high speed for about 4... - 39.65
Dissolve yeast in warm water.
Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
Beat in egg, then egg yolks, one at a time.
Add vanilla extract, orange peel, dissolved yeast, and salt.
Beat until well mixed.
Stir in flour gradually, adding enough to make a stiff... - 43.3459
Chocolate Cinnamon Doughnuts
In mixing bowl stir together the flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda.
Beat eggs and sugar together till thick and lemon-colored.
Stir in 1/4 cup cooking oil and vanilla.
Add dry ingredients and buttermilk... - 43.8325
Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt.
Beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla together till thick and lemon-colored.
Combine orange peel, orange juice, and melted butter.
Add orange mixture and 3/4 of the dry ingredients alternately to egg mixture.
Beat with... - 45.0061
In deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375 degrees.
In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Cut in butter.
Make a well in the center and add the bananas and eggs.
Mix by hand because the dough is heavy.
Turn out on a... - 48.9538
1.In a bowl, place the eggs and beat it lightly, then beat in sugar and melted shortening
2.Now sift baking powder, salt and nutmeg with 1 cup flour, then stir this mixture into the egg mixture alternately with milk
3.Add lemon extract and flour to... - 39.4533
1. About 20 min. before deep-frying, fill a deep saucepan one-half to two-thirds full with hydrogenated vegetable shortening, all-purpose shortening, lard or cooking oil for deep-frying.
2. Heat slowly to 365°F. (When using an automatic deep-fryer, follow... - 43.2661
Banana doughnut!! do you have ripe bananas or you do not like eating bananas, then this is the snack for you. Banana doughnuts are some thing which shadows banana flavor and brings out soft chewy doughnuts. Enjoy them!! - 48.4565
Mix 2 cups flour, 1/4 cup sugar, yeast and salt in large mixing bowl.
Combine milk and shortening in small saucepan.
Cook over moderate heat until very warm (120° to 130°F).
Add to flour mixture.
Beat with electric mixer at low speed 1... - 39.4317
Doughnuts With Lemon
Cream the yeast with the milk.
Sift the flour, salt and nutmeg into a warmed bowl.
Stir in the sugar and lemon rind.
Make a well in the centre and pour in the lemon juice, melted butter, beaten egg and the yeast liquid.
Beat until the dough comes cleanly away... - 43.7651
Baked Orange Doughnuts
Dissolve yeast in warm water.
In large mixer bowl, combine milk, the 6 tablespoons butter, 1 cup sugar, salt, orange peel, eggs, yeast mixture, and 2 cups of the flour.
Beat with electric mixer on high speed about 3 minutes.
Gradually beat in remaining flour... - 43.5854
Scandinavian Bear-track Doughnuts
Dissolve yeast in the lukewarm water in the processor bowl.
Add sugar, anise, butter, egg, and 1 1/4 cups of the flour.
Process with the metal blade for 15 seconds and let rise in the processor bowl for 20 to 30 minutes.
Add remaining flour and process until... - 37.9475
Country Style Doughnut Puffs
Beat eggs, vanilla, and sugar well.
Stir in cream.
Sift together dry ingredients; gradually stir into egg mixture.
Fold in melted butter.
In skillet that is at least 3 inches deep, heat 1 1/2 inches oil to 375°.
Drop dough by teaspoonfuls into hot oil.
Balls... - 46.7311
Serviceberry Banana Doughnuts
Sift together first 5 ingredients.
Cream margarine and eggs until light and fluffy.
Beat in vanilla, bananas, serviceberries (drain well if dried serviceberries are used, discarding soaking liquid) and buttermilk.
Add flour mixture and mix until smooth.
Turn... - 42.2894
Orange Flavored Doughnuts Dipped In Honey Syrup
1. In a medium sized bowl, combine baking soda and 2 cups of flour and sieve. Keep aside.
2. In a large sized bowl, combine ¼ cup oil, ¼ cup sugar, 1 teaspoon orange peel, eggs and orange juice. Mix well and beat using a whisk till well combined.
3.... - 46.6404
Sour-cream Doughnuts Ii
Beat eggs and sugar together.
Mix soda with sour cream, add to egg mixture.
Gradually add flour, nutmeg, and salt.
When all flour is absorbed, cover dough, put in refrigerator overnight.
Roll out dough on a floured board to 1/4 inch thickness.
Cut with... - 39.9881
Yeast Raised Spud Doughnuts
1. In a large bowl add 1 ½ cups of flour, sugar, spices, undissolved active dry yeast These are your dry ingredients.
2. In a separate bowl. Combine the water used to boil the potatoes with the butter and margarine. The water should be at a moderate... - 47.9311
Beat eggs with ricotta cheese until smooth.
Mix flour, sugar, and baking powder; add to egg mixture.
Drop by spoonsful into hot oil.
When lightly browned remove from oil and roll in powdered sugar. - 32.071
Place salt, butter, and 1 cup water in a large saucepan over low heat until butter is melted.
Remove from heat.
Add flour gradually, stirring constantly until mixture is smooth.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Cover dough and... - 34.7855
Raised Cherry Yogurt Doughnuts
Dissolve the yeast in lukewarm water; set aside.
Combine the scalded milk, yogurt, and cherry flavoring in a large bowl; beat to blend.
Add yeast mixture and half of the flour and beat until soft.
Add 3/4 c. (190 mL) more flour; mix until blended.
Sprinkle... - 34.6189
Honey Orange Doughnuts
Heat mashed potato if it's a leftover.
Add sugar, honey, milk, margarine and orange rind.
Stir in sifted dry ingredients.
This should be a soft dough.
If too sticky to roll out, add a few additional tablespoons flour.
Roll out on a floured board and cut with... - 32.8759
Short Cut Doughnuts
At room temperature, thaw bread dough as package directs, until dough is pliable (1 to 2 hours).
Cut thawed loaf crosswise and lengthwise to make 15 equal-size pieces (8 pieces for larger doughnuts).
On a lightly floured board, roll into balls or shapes of... - 33.4936
Beat eggs slightly, add sugar.
Then add top and skim milk.
Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg and work into first mixture.
Add enough additional sifted flour to make a soft dough.
Pat out lightly on floured board.
Cut with doughnut cutter and... - 37.7203
Combine the sugar, mashed potatoes, milk, eggs, nutmeg, baking powder and flour in a large bowl in the order listed, mixing well after each addition.
Roll 1/3 of the dough to 1/3 inch thickness on a lightly floured surface.
Cut with a floured doughnut... - 35.7798
Quick Glazed Doughnuts And Holes
1) Preheat oven hot to 450F.
2) Flatted out the biscuits.
3) Cut about 1/2 inch center from each.
4) Draw out biscuit to form a 4-inch ring.
5) Arrange in a cookie sheet.
6) Bake for 6 to 8 minutes.
7) Bake the middle for 4 to 6 minutes... - 39.4457
Combine milk, butter, honey, and salt.
Stir well and cool to lukewarm.
Dissolve yeast in potato water and add to first mixture.
Add potatoes and egg, then work in flour.
Place in greased bowl, cover, and let rise about 1 hour, until light.
Place on floured... - 41.2055
1. Collect and measure all the ingredients as required.
2. Into a basin, sift together the measured flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
3. To the eggs, add the sugar and whisk using a wire whisk or electric beater, until well... - 44.666
Cream shortening; gradually add 3/4 cup sugar, beating well.
Add eggs, beating well.
Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and spices; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
Place dough on a lightly floured... - 37.3111
Don't have eggs in your pantry and you wann make dutch doughnuts? Welcome to BakingMama collection of eggless recipes. This recipe of dutch doughnuts will guide you to prepare even more flavorful dutch doughnuts without eggs for you and your loved ones. - 38.0912
Spicy Baked Raised Doughnuts
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a saucepan, scald milk and add 1/2 cup sugar, salt and 1/3 cup Margarine; stir to mix.
3. Let the milk mixture cool down until lukewarm.
4. In a large warm bowl, measure warm water and... - 48.8804
Filled Berlin Doughnuts
Soften yeast in the warm water.
Put 1/2 cup sugar, the salt, butter, orange juice, and rum extract into a large bowl.
Pour scalded milk over ingredients in bowl.
Stir until butter is melted.
Cool to lukewarm.
Blend in 1 cup of the flour and beat until... - 43.1455
This recipe of doughnuts will guide you to prepare even more flavorful doughnuts without eggs for you and your loved ones. - 42.186
In large mixer bowl, combine 2 1/2 cups of the flour and the yeast.
In saucepan, heat together milk, the 1/3 cup vegetable shortening, the first 1/4 cup sugar, and the salt just until warm; stir to melt vegetable shortening.
Add to dry ingredients; add... - 43.1125
Yeast raised Doughnuts
Dissolve yeast in warm water.
Stir in milk, 1/4 cup sugar, the salt, egg, shortening and 2 cups of the flour.
Beat until smooth.
Mix in enough remaining flour to make dough easy to handle.
Turn dough onto lightly floured cloth-covered board; knead until... - 36.9006
These Doughnuts are awesome ! Try out these crunchy delicacies for your snacks and let me know if you like them ! Your suggestions for these Doughnuts are welcome ! - 42.8285
Chocolate Covered Doughnuts
Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large mixing bowl.
Add next 5 ingredients and 1 cup flour; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer 2 minutes or until blended.
Stir in remaining flour.
Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour or... - 39.1159
Chocolate Coconut Doughnuts
In a bowl, dilute yeast in half the water.
In a second bowl, dissolve salt and sugar in remaining water.
Fold in egg and lemon extract.
Mix in flour and butter.
Add diluted yeast.
Knead dough 8 minutes or so.
Let rise 30 minutes.
Punch down dough... - 40.5036
Beat the eggs with sugar in a bowl until light, then stir in the milk and oil.
Sift dry ingredients together and add to the egg mixture.
Add the coconut and stir until blended.
Chill for several hours.
Roll out on a lightly floured surface 1/2 inch thick and... - 39.0064
In large mixing bowl combine 1 1/2 cups flour and yeast.
In saucepan heat together milk, sugar, lard, and 1 tea spoon salt just till warm (115-120°), stirring constantly.
Add to dry mixture; add eggs.
Beat at low speed of electric mixer 1/2 minute, scraping... - 36.029
1. Beat the eggs until light; gradually add the sugar and beat until creamy. Add the milk and the cooled butter, margarine or shortening and mix until well blended.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, spices and salt together and stir into the egg mixture and... - 35.0527
Spicy Baking Powder Doughnuts
Sift flour with salt, baking powder, soda, and spices and set aside.
In a large mixer bowl, beat eggs, sugar, and oil at medium speed; add buttermilk.
Add dry ingredients all at once and beat just until smooth.
Cover and chill 1 hour.
Meanwhile, begin heating... - 43.2473
Easy Raised Yeast Doughnuts
Soften active dry yeast in warm water (110°) or compressed yeast in lukewarm water (85°).
Combine milk, shortening, sugar and salt; cool to lukewarm.
Add 1 cup of the flour; beat well.
Add softened yeast and egg; mix.
Add enough of remaining flour to make... - 36.9694
In large mixing bowl beat eggs till thick and lemon colored.
Add the granulated sugar and beat till smooth.
Stir in the oil and vanilla.
Thoroughly stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and soda.
Add to egg mixture alternately with buttermilk.
Turn out... - 43.0632
Coconut Cake Doughnuts
Beat eggs with sugar till light; add milk and cooled shortening.
Add sifted dry ingredients and coconut; stir just till blended.
Chill mixture several hours.
Roll on lightly floured surface to 1/2 inch thick.
Cut out doughnuts with doughnut cutter.
Fry in... - 35.1407
New Jersey Doughnuts
1. In a bowl cream butter and sugar.
2. Add eggs and lemon rind to it and beat until light and fluffy.
3. In a bowl sieve baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
4. Alternately add dry mixture and milk to creamed mixture.
5. Combine well.
6. Lightly flour a... - 43.2288
Yellowstone Park Doughnuts
Beat the egg whites until stiff and dry, then beat in the yolks, one at at time.
Beat in the sugar gradually.
Sift the flour, measure, and sift again with the baking powder and salt; add to the egg mixture alternately with the milk, beating well after each... - 40.34
Mix the yeast with the 1/4 teaspoon of sugar in a small bowl.
Add 2 tablespoons of the warm milk and mix until smooth.
Set aside in a warm place for 15 minutes or until it is puffed up and frothy.
Sift the flour and salt into a warm bowl.
Rub the butter into... - 45.4704
Sweet And Lovely Doughnuts
Roll the dough on an unfloured surface.
Sprinkle dough with the fructose.
Roll up as a jelly roll.
Reroll dough on an unfloured surface into an 8 in. (20 cm) square.
With a sharp knife, cut the dough into 12 equal pieces.
Push your thumb into the middle of... - 27.866
Beat the eggs and 2/3 cup sugar in a bowl until light.
Add milk and shortening and mix well.
Sift the flour, baking powder, salt, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and nutmeg together.
Add to the egg mixture and mix well.
Roll out 3/8 inch thick on a... - 43.8277
In mixing bowl, combine eggs and sugar.
Stir in milk and the 1/3 cup vegetable shortening.
Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg; beat into egg mixture until smooth.
Chill dough about 2 hours.
Roll on lightly floured surface to 3/8 inch... - 39.3828
Mexican Doughnut Strips
1. Combine water, butter, 1 teaspoon (5 mL) sugar, the salt and nutmeg in 2-quart (2-L) saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted. Increase heat to high; heat to full rolling boil.
2. Add flour to pan all at once;... - 39.7719
Chocolate Covered Doughnuts
1. In a large mixing bowl add warm water and dissolve yeast in it.
2. Stir in next 5 ingredients and 1-cup flour.
3. Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes until mixed.
4. Add remaining flour and mix.
5. Cover and keep in a warm... - 46.8827
In large mixer bowl combine 1 1/2 cups of the flour and the yeast.
In saucepan heat milk, 1/3 cup sugar, shortening, and salt just till warm (115° to 120°) and shortening is almost melted, stirring constantly.
Add to flour mixture in mixer bowl; add... - 42.4098
1. Cream shortening. Add 3/4 cup sugar and beat well.
2. Add eggs to it beat well.
3. In a bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt, and spices.
4. Stir into creamed mixture alternating with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
5. Lightly flour a... - 44.1977
Doughnuts have so many variations! Here is the recipe for Raised Doughnuts! A delicious sack, I love to pick at these at any time of the day! For the kids, you can top these with whipped cream or chocolate sauce! A fried dish, make sure you're careful about... - 49.7579
Tiny Doughnut Cookies
Cream butter; add sugar gradually, beating until fluffy.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
Blend flour, ammonium carbonate, and salt; add in fourths to creamed mixture, mixing until blended after each addition.
Chill dough at... - 37.9155
Beat eggs with sugar.
Stir in butter, mashed potatoes, and buttermilk.
Sift flour with baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
Add to egg mixture and blend.
Chill dough for 1 to 2 hours.
Roll out to 1/2 inch thickness.
Cut into rounds with... - 47.3161
Don't have eggs in your pantry and you wann make doughnuts? Welcome to BakingMama collection of eggless recipes. - 42.9422
Jelly Filled Doughnuts
1. In a small saucepan add milk, sugar, salt, and butter.
2. Cook and stir over low heat until butter melts.
3. Let stand until lukewarm (105° to 115°).
4. In a large mixing bowl add warm water and dissolve yeast in it.
5. Add egg yolks, 2 cups... - 45.8672
1.First prepare dough as for hot cross buns
2.In a bowl, pour water and soften the yeast in it
3.In a mixing bowl, place the sugar, salt and shortening and pour milk over it
4.When the mixture is lukewarm add yeast and 1 ½ cup flour, keep beating... - 41.4543
In large mixer bowl combine 1 1/2 cups of the flour and the yeast.
In saucepan heat together milk, sugar, shortening, and salt just till warm (115-120°), stirring constantly to melt shortening.
Add to dry mixture in mixer bowl; add eggs.
Beat at low speed... - 37.9112
Sift the flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and soda together.
Beat the eggs with 1 1/4 cups sugar and shortening in a bowl, then stir in potatoes and lemon peel.
Add the flour mixture alternately with buttermilk.
Turn out onto a lightly floured board and... - 41.4068
Here is the recipe for Grandmother's Doughnuts...just as you remember them!! This was one of the all time favorites when we were growing up. Passed on for generation, Im sure one day i will be making these for my grandchildren too!! Deliciously prepared with... - 50.6269
Carnival Jelly Doughnuts
1) Sprinkle yeast and a pinch of sugar into the lukewarm water.
2) Let it stand for 2 to 3 minutes; stir it to dissolve the yeast.
3) Set in a warm areaâ€”such as an unlighted ovenâ€”for 2 or 3 minutes, or until the yeast forms bubble... - 46.5772
1. Scald the milk and sour cream. Add the butter and honey and let stand until lukewarm.
2. Crumble and stir in the yeast until dissolved. Add the egg yolks and salt.
3. Beat in the cinnamon, lemon rind, whole wheat flour, and unbleached white flour. The... - 35.4
1. Beat eggs; gradually add sugar, continuing to beat; stir in milk, butter, lemon peel.
2. Thoroughly blend together flour, baking powder, salt; add to egg mixture in 3 additions; mix well after each addition; refrigerate 15 minutes.
3. Roll dough out on... - 39.3958
In bowl stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
Beat eggs and granulated sugar together till thick and lemon-colored.
Stir in oil and vanilla.
Add dry ingredients and buttermilk alternately to egg mixture, beginning and ending with dry... - 45.8892
Old Fashioned Potato Doughnuts
Cream shortening and 1 cup sugar; add egg and beat well.
Stir in milk and potatoes.
Combine next 5 ingredients; add to potato mixture, stirring well.
Place dough on a lightly floured surface; knead lightly.
Roll out to 1/2-inch thickness.
Cut with a floured 2... - 41.6177
Frosted Chocolate Doughnuts
In a large mixer bowl, beat egg until light Beat in sugar.
Melt chocolate and butter or margarine together.
Add to egg mixture.
Stir in potatoes.
Combine flour, baking powder and salt Add milk alternately with flour mixture.
Refrigerate 1 hour.
Preheat oil or... - 46.7765
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Copycat
1. In the bowl of dough mixer, dissolve the yeast in warm water. Add milk, sugar, salt, eggs, vegetable shortening and 2 cups flour.
2. Beat slowly for 30 seconds, then increase the speed and beat for 2 minutes, scraping bowl... - 0
Heat oil (2 to 3 inches) in deep-fat fryer or heavy kettle to 375°.
Beat 1 1/2 cups of the flour and the remaining ingredients except glaze in large mixer bowl on low speed, scraping bowl constantly, 30 seconds.
Beat on medium speed, scraping bowl... - 44.4312
Whole Wheat Doughnuts
1) Use a large, clean and dry glass bowl,
2) Break eggs into the bowl and beat until foamy.
3) Add salt and brown sugar to the eggs and continue to beat until sugar dissolves and mixture is thick in consistency.
4) Dissolve the soda in the sour cream... - 44.2475
Heat fat or oil (3 to 4 inches) to 375Â° in deep fat fryer or kettle.
Measure 1 1/2 cups flour and the remaining ingredients into large mixer bowl.
Blend 1/2 minute on low speed, scraping bowl constantly.
Beat 2 minutes medium speed, scraping bowl... - 38.6487
Yeast Raised Whole Wheat Doughnuts
1. Sprinkle the yeast over 1/2 cup water and stir in the sugar. Set aside for 10 minutes, or until the yeast is bubbling actively.
2. Stir in the remaining water, the honey, oil, eggs, salt, and dry milk. Mix well. Stir in enough of the sifted flour to make a... - 36.7625
In a bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff and dry.
Beat the yolks into the egg whites, one at a time, until lemon colored.
Gradually beat in the sugar replacement.
In another bowl, sift flour, baking powder, and salt together twice.
Add flour mixture... - 38.4193
1. In a large bowl, stir yeast in lukewarm water until it dissolves.
2. Add 2 cups flour and let it stand for about ½ an hour in a warm place.
3. In another large bowl, beat together egg yolks, egg, sugar, vanilla, lemon rind and salt... - 47.673
Raised Square Doughnuts
1. In a large bowl, mix 2 1/2 cups of flour with yeast; keep aside.
2. In a saucepan, put together milk, sugar, 1/3 cup Crisco and salt; heat until just warm and stir to melt Crisco.
3. Add the flour mixture to the saucepan and add eggs.
4.... - 44.6749
In small saucepan heat milk, butter or margarine, aniseed, and salt just till butter melts, stirring constantly.
Place steel blade in work bowl; add 2 cups of the flour and the baking powder.
Process with on/off turns till mixed.
Add eggs and milk-butter... - 44.4277
Sugared Orange Doughnuts
Put potato into boiling water in a saucepan; cover and cook until potato is tender.
Drain, reserving 1 cup potato water.
Mash enough potato to measure 1/2 cup.
Mix thoroughly in a large bowl 1 1/2 cups of the flour, yeast, sugar, salt, and orange... - 40.5521
1 In a bowl, mix sugar, salt and butter with scalded milk.
2 Let cool to lukewarm.
3 In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
4 Add in the egg, lemon peel and cooled milk mixture; stir well.
5 In a separate bowl, sift flour,... - 45.2823
Sweet Milk Doughnuts
1. In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt and spices.
2. Beat eggs and then add vanilla and sugar.
3. Beat well.
4. Mix in butter.
5. Add milk and sifted dry ingredients alternately.
6. Mix into a soft dough.
7. Turn dough onto lightly... - 47.0262
To all those who have a sweet tooth will relish these doughnuts. These are eggless doughnuts. The chef shows how to make the sugar glaze in the video. You can top it up with coconut or nuts or even sprinkle some colorful candies. Watch the video for this fun... - 128.917
Baked Doughnuts With Cinnamon Glaze
1. Combine 2 cups flour, granulated sugar, yeast, salt, lemon peel and nutmeg in large bowl. Combine 1-3/4 cups milk and butter in 1-quart saucepan. Heat over low heat until mixture is 120° to 130°F. (Butter does not need to melt completely.) Gradually beat... - 32.7651
Chocolate Cake Doughnuts
1. In a bowl mix sugar, butter and mashed potatoes.
2. Add eggs and whip until creamy.
3. Sieve flour, baking powder (2 tablespoon), salt, nutmeg, and cocoa together.
4. Mix alternately with milk to egg mixture.
5. Let it chill for 2 hours.
6. Lightly... - 45.3913
1. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg; keep aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together eggs and sugar.
3. Add milk and 1/3 cup Crisco; mix well.
4. Add the dry ingredient mixture to the egg mixture and beat until... - 45.7672
1. Mix the 3 tablespoons of caster sugar with the ground cinnamon in a shallow dish.
2. Break the egg into a small jug and beat lightly.
3. Pour the milk and water into a small saucepan ready to warm on the hob.
4. Sift the flour and... - 85.8308
Old Fashioned Cake Doughnuts
In a bowl, stir 3 cups of the flour together with baking powder, salt, nutmeg, cloves, and mace.
In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs on high speed until very light and fluffy.
Gradually add sugar, beating until mixture is very thick and lemon-colored.
Reduce... - 40.8805
Mardis Gras Doughnuts
1 For the sponge: In a small bowl, crumble the yeast into the milk , let stand for 3 minutes, and whisk to dissolve the yeast.
2 Add the flour and sugar and whisk until smooth.
3 Cover tightly with plastic wrap and let stand until doubled in... - 43.2435
Sugared Doughnut Surprises
Prepare hot roll mix according to package directions, adding sugar and lemon peel to yeast mixture.
When dough has doubled, punch down and shape into 1-inch balls by molding dough around a date or about 10 semisweet-chocolate pieces.
If necessary, lightly... - 32.2718
Light Doughnut Recipes By Category