- » Light Batter Frying
Light Batter Frying Recipes
Enjoy our collection of light batter frying recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for light batter frying recipes.
Fried Potato Slices In A Light Gram Flour Batter
1. Sift the gram flour into a large bowl. Add the cumin seeds, crushed red chillies, salt, bicarbonate of soda, pomegranate seed powder, fresh green and red chillies and fresh coriander and stir to mix. Add sufficient water to form a thin batter which will... - 34.4634
Light 'n' Lovely Batter
1) Make the batter by combining flour, baking powder, egg, water and vinegar.
2) Beat till smooth and fluffy.
3) Cut the boil potatoes like thick slices.
4) Dip thick slices in batter and deep fry till brown.
5) Serve hot as a great side dish... - 33.4463
Extra Light Tempura Batter
In small bowl beat egg white until stiff peaks form.
In another bowl sift together flour, cornstarch, salt, and pepper.
In a separate bowl beat egg yolk and water until frothy.
Gradually add flour mixture to egg yolk and water, mixing constantly.
Blend until... - 28.3515
Sift the flour 3 times.
Beat the egg yolks and water together.
Gradually add the flour, stirring lightly from the bottom with chopsticks or a spoon.
Don't overstirâ€” flour should be visible on top.
Heat the oil to 325Â°â€”a constant temperature... - 30.0993
Beer Batter Fried Shrimp
1. In small bowl, mix flour, beer, and salt.
2. Shell and devein shrimp; rinse with running cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
3. In 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, heat
2 inches salad oil to 375°F. on deep-fat thermometer (or heat oil in deep-fat... - 25.9992
Basic Batter For Fried Foods
Sift flour with baking powder and salt.
Mix egg, milk, and oil, slowly add to dry ingredients, and beat until smooth.
Pat food to be fried very dry and, if you like, dredge lightly in flour.
Dip pieces, 1 at a time, in batter, then fry in deep fat. - 30.8967
Blend together flour, egg yolk, beer and salt.
Fold in egg white.
Dip cleaned, butterfly-cut shrimp in batter and lower into deep hot fat (365 degrees) to fry until golden brown.
This is equally good on scallops and small fish fillets.
The crust is light and... - 23.8449
Fried Prawns In Batter
Shell the prawns but leave their tails on so that they will be easier to hold.
Beat the egg in a bowl, add the salt and fold in the flour.
Stir in the water and beat for 1 minute until light.
Heat the oil in a wok or deep pan until a cube of day-old bread... - 34.595
Tempura Batter For Crispy Seafood Fries
The secret to the ultimate crispy seafood fries is now revealed! Watch this video to discover the real secret behind the crispy seafood fries made using the Japanese tempura batter, which requires only a few simple ingredients and some whisking and mixing.... - 101.756
Batter Fried Chicken Breasts
Divide each chicken breast in half to make 12 to 16 pieces.
Sprinkle each piece with salt and pepper.
Mix egg and milk in shallow bowl or pie dish.
Add flour; mix until very smooth.
Dip each chicken piece in batter; dredge generously in flour.
Put 4 or 5... - 35.4768
Eggplant Fried In Batter
Wash the eggplant, trim off the ends, and slice into 1/2-inch circles.
Lightly beat the eggs in a mixing bowl and stir in the flour.
Heat the oil in a heavy skillet over low heat.
Drop the eggplant slices, one at a time, in the egg batter to... - 29.1185
Fried Catfish In Beer Batter
In a bowl, mix flour, cornmeal, dill or tarragon, salt, and paprika.
In another bowl, stir egg into beer.
Add beer mixture to dry ingredients and beat until well combined.
Lightly coat fillets with flour and season with salt and pepper.
Dip fillets into... - 34.6575
Batter Fried Flounder Fillets Marinated With Herbs
1. Combine all the ingredients for the marinade.
2. Place fish fillets in a shallow glass or ceramic dish.
3. Season them lightly and pour the marinade over. Steep 1 hour, turning fillets over occasionally.
4. Make batter while steeping the fillets. Season... - 43.6254
Batter Fried Shrimp
Combine all ingredients except shrimp, but don't stir too much,that's part of the secret of the crisp almost-lacy jackets on these shrimp.
Use a small amount of batter at a time, in a small bowl; mix in plenty of shrimp, so each one is only lightly... - 28.4371
Batter Fried Chicken
1. Line a large shallow baking dish with a double thickness of paper towels.
2. In a deep bowl, with a wire whisk beat the egg and milk lightly together.
3. In another bowl combine the dry ingredients including flour, baking powder and... - 40.2638
Batter Fried Okra
1. Place orka pods on a paper towel and pat to dry well.
2. In a deep fat fryer or a wok, heat fat.
3. In the mean while, in a mixing bowl, sift together flour and salt.
4. Gradually whisk in milk to make a smooth batter.
5. Add egg... - 41.4032
Beer Batter Fried Apple Rings
In a bowl whisk together the flour, the beer, and the salt until the batter is smooth and let the batter stand, covered, at room temperature for 1 hour.
In another bowl combine the lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar, on a baking sheet or a... - 26.9656
Batter Fried Mushrooms
1 Into a deep bowl, sift flour and make a well in the center.
2 Slowly pour in the beer.
3 Stirring gently, gradually incorporate the flour.
4 Stir until the mixture is smooth.
5 Set the batter aside uncovered and let rest for 3 hours... - 36.8551
Easy Batter Fried Bananas
1) Choose the bananas that are not too over-ripe, or they will be too soft for fritters.
2) Peel the bananas and cut them into halves across.
3) Dust the bananas with flour and pat off any excess flour.
4) In a mixing basin, sift the... - 43.8262
A light air batter resulting in a soft batter coating on either shrimp or pork. Serve as an appetizer with some dipping sauce or as a dough coated element in a stir fried dish. I use the same batter for pork pieces when making sweet and sour pork. - 33.6994
Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until batter is smooth.
Add egg substitute, and beat well.
Stir in margarine.
Refrigerate batter 1 hour.
Coat a 6-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over... - 40.7483
Fritter Batter! It is a pleasure to both prepare and serve this delicious fritter preparation. Follow this brilliant fritter batter recipe for a sinfully tasty dish. - 38.8765
Delftree Tempura is a nice fried dish. The batter for mushrooms in this Delftree Tempura dish is simple to make and also tastes great on the mushrooms when fried. All you have to do is to mix cornstarch, flour, egg and baking powder with a bit of salt and... - 28.5669
Prawns In Batter
Remove the shells from the prawns (shrimp), leaving the tails intact.
Remove the heads and any tentacles.
To make the batter, beat all of the ingredients together in a shallow bowl with a whisk or wooden spoon until they are thoroughly blended.
Set the bowl... - 37.0906
Fish and chips that’s my favorite. This fish batter recipe with beer gives the fish a really nice flavor. Flavored crispy fish with a generous helping of fries, couldn’t get better. - 29.1348
Battered Cod With Marie Rose Sauce
1. In a bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the ketchup, lemon juice and Tabasco.
2. Pour the water into a large bowl. Using a handheld electric mixer at low speed, beat in the 2 cups of flour, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and the baking soda. Strain the batter into... - 26.8652
Courgettes In Tempura Batter
1. Wash and dry the courgettes.
2. Top and tail them and cut into neat baton shapes about 6cm in length.
3. Place the flour in a clear shallow dish.
4. Mix in the chilli powder and season with a few twists of sea salt together well.
5. Make... - 87.3605
Incredibly Light Onion Rings
Prepare the batter
Place the cold water in a bowl large and deep enough to hold the onions separated into rings.
With a strainer or a sifter, sift the flour into the bowl in small amounts, stirring with a wooden spoon or whisk to incorporate it evenly into... - 41.0028
Sift together the flour and salt into a mixing bowl.
Beat the egg yolks until pale yellow, then mix with the water.
Blend the egg and water mixture with the flour, mixing until smooth.
Set aside for one hour.
Whip the cream and gently stir into the... - 32.9152
Crispy Fish Batter
This delicious fish batter is incredibly easy to make and turns out really light and crispy! It coats the fish really well!
This recipe can easily be doubled or even tripled. It's also a great batter for homemade onion rings, chicken, shrimp, veggies or even... - 112.441
My Invented Fried Chicken
Acclaimed Chef and Gourmet Spice Designer, Keith Lorren, shares his secrets to making the Juiciest, Tastiest, Fried chicken on the planet. - 100.174
Beer Crepe Batter
Beat the eggs, then mix with the beer either in an electric blender or beating by hand.
Sift the flour with the salt and gradually mix into the egg and beer mixture.
Beat in the melted butter or vegetable oil.
If mixing by hand, pour the batter through a... - 28.2426
Cornmeal Crepe Batter
Mix the cornmeal with the hot water and set aside for ten minutes.
Beat the eggs and blend with the milk either by hand or in an electric blender.
Add the cornmeal to the egg and milk mixture.
Sift the flour with the salt and gradually add to the batter.
Stir... - 31.9857
Bran Crepe Batter
Beat the eggs and mix with the milk by hand or in an electric blender.
Add the bran, flour, salt and sugar and beat welL Mix in the meited butter or vegetable oil.
If mixing by hand, strain the batter through a sieve.
Set aside and allow to stand for at least... - 28.9007
Wholemeal Crepe Batter
Beat the eggs, then combine with the milk and beat by hand or in an electric blender.
Sift together the flour and salt and add to the egg and milk mixture.
Stir in the melted butter or vegetable oil.
If mixing by hand, strain through a sieve... - 31.9501
French Crepe Batter
Beat the eggs and add to the milk and water beating either by hand or mixing in an electric blender.
Sift the flour with the salt and gradually add to the egg and milk mixture.
Add the melted butter and blend thoroughly.
If mixing by hand, strain the batter... - 30.8584
Wheat Germ Crepe Batter
Beat the eggs, then mix with the milk by hand or in an electric blender.
Add the sifted plain flour, the wheat germ and the salt and mix well.
Stir in the vegetable oil.
If mixing by hand, pour the batter through a strainer.
Set aside and allow to stand for... - 31.4106
Vanilla Crepe Batter
Beat the eggs, then mix with the milk and vanilla essence either by hand or in an electric blender.
Sift the flour with the salt and sugar and gradually add to the egg and milk mixture.
Add the melted butter or vegetable oil and blend thoroughly.
If mixing by... - 31.5985