- » Lentil Stew
Lentil Stew Recipes
Lentil Stew is a hearty and filling preparation made with lentils of preference as the main ingredient. The stew is essentially a winter dish and is extremely popular almost everywhere in the world. Lentil stews have ... More »
Ethiopian Style Spicy Red Lentil Stew
A delicious, easy, and spicy stew. This is my version of the Ethiopian traditional Misir Wot. Two ingredients will be key: berbere (Ethiopian pepper mixture - recipe found at www.joelluks.com if you don't have an Ethiopian grocer near you) and black cumin... - 130.974
Stew With Lentil And Artichokes
Are you looking forward to cooking a quick stew? Then this video recipe is what you’re looking for! This lentil artichoke stew is a recipe packed with calcium, iron and fiber. Besides being quick, this recipe is also a great dose of health food. Watch the... - 126.408
A hearty fall or winter stew that’s earthy, healthy, and delicious. - 114.533
1) In a saucepan, melt the butter and sautÃ© carrot, leeks, celery and onion until soft.
2) Stir in tomatoes, stock, parsley, lentils and seasoning until well mixed. 3) Put the lid on and simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until the lentils are... - 48.5884
Hearty Lentil Stew
1.Wash, sort and drain lentils.
2.Take a large pot, add in water, onion, lentils, rice, salt, parsley, oregano, garlic and let it boil.
3. Simmer covered for 25 minutes.
4.Add in spinach, carrot and tomaotes.
5.Simmer again for 20 minutes.
6.Ensure... - 48.0101
1) Take a large skillet and melt butter in it.
2) Add onion and garlic. Saute until onion gets tender.
3) Add lentils, water, oregano, Worcestershire sauce and bay leaf.
4) Cover and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 45... - 46.3213
Lentil Stew With Franks
1) In a 2-quart saucepan, heat oil.
2) To this, add the potato, carrot, celery, onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Mix well.
3) Over high heat, cook for 3 minutes, or until the vegetables turn tender-crisp. Stir as required, in between.
4) To this, add... - 45.5456
Slow Cooker Lentil Stew With Cornbreod Dumplings
1. In a large 3 1 /2- to 4-quart slow cooker, add the stew ingredients
2. Cover and cook them on a low heat setting for 7-8 hours
3. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, the cornmeal, the baking powder and salt.
4. Add the milk, oil and eggs to the mixture... - 44.6007
Chunky Lentil Stew
1) Take a large saucepan and combine all ingredients in it. Bring the mixture to a boil.
2) Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for about 35-40 minutes or until the lentils turn tender.
3) Remove bay leaf and serve immediately. - 43.9113
Herbed Lentil Stew
1)Clean lentils with water and drain.
2)In a heavy skillet, put onion, garlic and water. Stir for 5 minutes even asl the mixture starts to steam.
3)Now add in tomato juice, cumin, herbs and chili powder.
4)Put in the lentils and stir to blend.
5)Bring... - 42.972
Fry the onions, mushrooms and celery in the melted butter in the uncovered pressure cooker until lightly browned.
Stir in the lentils and mix well to ensure they are well coated with fat.
Add the tomatoes with the juice, stock, garlic, seasoning and... - 42.6815
Lentil And Rice Stew
1) Wash and soak lentils in cold water for about 2 hours.
2) Take a skillet and melt fat in it. Add beef and cook until brown.
3) Drain the lentils and add to the skillet.
4) Add pepper, salt and boiling water.
5) Cook over low heat for... - 42.5666
Spicy Lentil Stew
1. Wash the lentils, drain well and set aside
1. In a heavy skiller, add garlic and pepper and steam stir in a few spoonfuls of water for five minutes until tender
2. Add tomato juice, chili powder, cumin and herbs, stir in the lentils... - 41.4813
Lentil And Carrot Stew With Yogurt Topping
Heat the oil in a 4-quart Dutch oven over moderate heat for 1 minute.
Add the onions and saute, stirring often, for 12 to 15 minutes or until dark brown.
Transfer half of the onions to a plate and set aside.
Add the lentils and rice to the onions remaining in... - 40.1927
1. Skin, wash and debone the chicken quarters. Then cut the chicken and the pork into chunks.
2. Peel, wash and cut the onions into slices.
3. Rinse the lentils several times in cold water and crush the garlic.
4. In a heavy skillet... - 39.9943
In a stockpot combine broth, tomatoes, onions, lentils, carrots, parsley, Sherry, thyme, marjoram and pepper.
Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
Reduce heat to medium-low.
Simmer for 45 minutes or until lentils are tender. - 39.4681
Zesty Lentil Stew
Rinse lentils under cold water; drain.
Combine lentils, potatoes, broth, water, tomatoes, vegetable juice cocktail, onion, carrot, celery, basil, oregano, jalapeno pepper and salt in 3-quart saucepan.
Bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce heat to... - 37.6507
1.In a pan, heat oil and cook celery, potato and carrot in it.
2.Stir in lentils, water and tomato and allow the mixture to boil.
3.Put the lid on and simmer for 1 hour.
4.Avoid boiling; add water if needed.
5.Serve warm in bowls. - 37.3769
Freezer Mix Lentil Stew
Dip container of frozen mix into hot water just to loosen.
In dutch oven, heat frozen mix, water, lentils, parsley and bay leaf to boiling.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer, stirring frequently, until mix is thawed, about 20 minutes.
Stir in remaining... - 37.1422
Lentil Stew Over Couscous
COMBINE onion, green bell pepper, celery, carrot, garlic, lentils, tomatoes with juice, broth, water, black pepper and marjoram in slow cooker.
Stir; cover and cook on LOW 8 to 9 hours.
STIR in vinegar and olive oil.
Serve over couscous.
Garnish with carrot... - 37.0157
Hearty Low Calorie Lentil Stew
In a 6 quart Dutch oven over moderate heat, bring the lentils, beef broth, yellow onion, garlic, celery, half the carrots, and the tomatoes, rosemary, and pepper to a simmer.
Adjust the heat so that the mixture bubbles slowly, cover, and cook for 35... - 36.2359
Lentil And Sausage Stew
Soak lentils in stock for 2 hours.
Saute onion and garlic in oil in a large pan until tender.
Stir in undrained lentils, vegetables, bay leaf and seasonings.
Bring to the boil.
Add meat (optional).
Simmer, covered, for 45 minutes, adding more stock as... - 34.2845
Lentil And Short Rib Stew
1. Place short ribs in a heavy saucepan and add water, salt, bay leaf, garlic, onion and celery. Simmer, covered, until the meat is tender, about two hours.
2. Add the lentils and thyme and continue cooking, stirring often, until the lentils are tender, about... - 33.2876
In a large kettle or Dutch oven combine chicken broth, tomatoes, lentils, potato, carrot, onion, celery, parsley, basil, garlic, and pepper.
Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 35 to 40 minutes or till the lentils are tender. - 33.1825
Rinse and drain lentils.
In a large saucepan combine lentils, chicken broth, undrained tomatoes, potato, carrot, celery, onion, parsley, basil, garlic, and pepper.
Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer for 45 to 50 minutes or till lentils and... - 31.8801
Lentil And Steaklets Stew
In a large saucepan combine the onion, celery, garlic, bay leaf, vegetable stock, tomatoes and TVP chunks.
Cover tightly and simmer for 30 minutes over a medium heat.
Wash the lentils twice in cold water.
Drain them well.
Stir the lentils, macaroni, thyme,... - 31.428
Lentil And Vegetable Stew
Place the stock and lentils in a stockpot over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
Add the peppers, scallions, carrots, zucchini, tamari, oregano, and rosemary.
Bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for about 45 minutes. - 31.3962
Stewed Lentils (parippu)
1. Wash lentils thoroughly and drain it well. Remove stones and chaff, if any from the lentils.
2. Place a medium sized pot on flame and pour water in it. Bring water to a boil.
3. Add lentils, onion, green chili, cinnamon, garlic,... - 0
Slow Cooker Vegetarian Lentil Stew
Lentils and root vegetables are slowly simmered in a tomato infused broth to become a tasty, budget friendly and healthy dinner or lunch. Better still, the left overs freeze like the dream! - 0
Lentil Stew Recipes By Category