- » Lentil Salt Pork
Lentil Salt Pork Recipes
Enjoy our collection of Lentil Salt Pork recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for Lentil Salt Pork recipes.
Lentil Vegetable Soup
This filling lentil soup is made with mixed vegetables and salt pork. Herbed with oregano and bay leaves, the lentil soup is great with mashed potatoes and casseroles as a side. - 46.2577
Brown Lentil And Potato Soup
Combine lentils, stock, salt pork, vegetables, bouquet garni and salt.
Cover, bring to boil, lower heat and simmer 30 minutes.
Add potatoes and simmer 15 minutes.
Discard bouquet garni.
Melt butter until bubbly, sprinkle with flour, and cook, stirring, 3... - 40.5385
Pork Rice And Lentil Salad
1 ln a large saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Add the lentils, garlic, lemon zest, and salt. Cover and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes. Add the rice, cover, and simmer for 17 minutes, stirring occasionally with a fork. Add the peas, cover, and simmer 3... - 32.5398
Pork Rack With Lentils
Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
Season pork loin with salt and pepper.
Place in casserole dish.
Roast in oven 75 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a covered saucepan, melt shortening.
Lightly brown onion, shallots, carrots and turnip.
Sprinkle with flour, mixing... - 43.0005
Pork And Lentil Stew
Coat pork cubes with flour mixed with salt and black pepper.
In a large saucepot or skillet heat olive oil until hot.
Add a few pieces of the pork.
Brown on all sides.
Remove from saucepot; set aside.
Repeat with remaining pork.
Add onion to drippings left in... - 45.1757
Pork And Lentil Cassoulet
1. Trim fat from pork; cut meat into 3/4-inch cubes. In a large nonstick skillet brown pork, onion, and garlic in hot oil. Transfer mixture to a 3 1/2- to 4-quart crockery cooker. Add the undrained tomatoes, carrots and/or parsnips, celery, lentils, rosemary,... - 29.134
Pickled Pork Ribs With Lentils
In a stainless steel pan or large glass bowl, place the gallon of water along with the pickling salt and saltpeter.
Stir until dissolved.
Place the ribs in the brine and keep covered in the refrigerator for 10 days.
You may have to weight down the ribs with a... - 40.7703
Hearty Lentil Soup
Place beans, onion, celery, and water in saucepan with neck bones.
Simmer 45 to 60 minutes or until beans are tender.
Remove bones and trim off meat.
Process soup 1 to 2 cups at a time with the metal blade until smooth.
Add meat and rewarm if... - 29.6734
Pea Or Lentil Soup
Rinse the peas or the lentils under running water.
Soak them over night in 2 litres (4 pints) of water to which the salt has been added.
Dice the pork fat and melt in frying pan.
Roughly cut the carrot, onion, celery and leeks.
Place in work bowl and process... - 44.676
Lentil Soup With Wine
Masur Lentil Soup With Wine is a brilliant combo of eastern and western recipes. I remember how easy it was to prepare simple masur lentil when I was just learning to cook. But in it's traditional form, Masur Lentil Soup With Wine has lentil, bacon, mixed... - 43.8613
1.Start by washing the lentils and soaking them overnight in cold water.
2.Next day, drain the lentils and cook, covered, in boiling salted water, 2 to 3 hours or until tender.
3.When they will crush quickly between the fingers they are... - 32.9403
Wash and pick over lentils; soak in the cold water overnight.
Drain; measure liquid; add enough cold water to make 3 c.
Add to beans with 1 1/2 teasp salt; cook, covered, 40 min., or until tender, adding boiling water if necessary.
Saute salt pork in a... - 33.4046
1) In a large kettle, combine lentil and water.
2) Saute pork and then stir in vegetables and garlic and let it cook for 10 minutes.
3) Add the pork mixture to the lentils.
4) Add ham bones.
5) In a cheesecloth tie bay leaf and cloves and add in the... - 47.049
Lamb Tongues With Lentil Puree
Choose a pan big enough to hold the tongues in one layer.
Fry the diced salt pork until it renders its fat, then brown the sliced carrot and onion in it.
Take out the vegetables and set them aside.
Add the tongues and brown them lightly.
Set them aside.
Now... - 44.2897
Lentil And Ham Soup
1. Combine the lentils and water in a large kettle.
2. Saute the pork five minutes. Add the vegetables and garlic and cook ten minutes. Add to the lentils. Add the ham bone, the bay leaf and cloves tied in a cheesecloth, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper, and... - 33.198
Auvergne Lentil Casserole
1) Into a flame-proof casserole, add in the lentils. Pour enough cold water to cover the lentils. Let the water boil. Then cover the casserole and simmer for 30 minutes.
2) Add the onions, carrots, leek and parsnips into the casserole. Drop in the... - 45.0735
Fruited Lentil Bean Pot
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) In a large kettle, bring the lentils, water, onion, carrots, salt and ham bone to a boil, then cover and simmer for 1 hour.
3) Stir in rest of the ingredients, mix thoroughly.
4) In a bean pot or Dutch... - 40.8582
1. Skin, wash and debone the chicken quarters. Then cut the chicken and the pork into chunks.
2. Peel, wash and cut the onions into slices.
3. Rinse the lentils several times in cold water and crush the garlic.
4. In a heavy skillet... - 39.9943
Lamb And Lentil Soup
1. Rinse lentils and set aside for later use.
2. In a large saucepan combine together pork hock, onion lamb shanks, garlic, salt, pepper and water; bring it to boil.
3. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 2 hours.
4. Remove lamb shanks and pork... - 46.5859
Lentil And Vegetable Soup
In 3-quart casserole, combine onion, garlic and olive oil.
Microwave at High for 2 to 3 minutes, or until onion is tender.
Stir in remaining ingredients, except salt.
Microwave at High for 5 minutes.
Reduce power to 70% (Medium... - 47.6741
Lentil Sausage Casserole
Cover lentils with water.
Add parsley, bay leaf, and salt.
Cover and simmer 30 to 45 min., or until lentils are tender.
(Add more water, if necessary.
Water should be absorbed at the end of the cooking period.) Heat oven to 350°.
Brown sausage in large... - 43.5385
Short Ribs With Lentils And Rice
Heat the oil in a 5-quart Dutch oven or flameproof casserole over moderate heat for 1 minute.
Working in 3 batches, add the ribs and brown on all sides about 10 min utes per batch.
Remove the ribs and set aside.
Add the onions, garlic, and pep pers to the... - 42.0607
Partridge With Lentils
1 Clean the partridges throughly and prepare them.
2 Sprinkle some salt and pepper into the cavities of the birds.
3 In an ovenproof casserole, add butter and olive oil along with salt pork, onion and carrots and saute the birds.
4 Cook until... - 46.2644
Sausages With Lentils
1) In a frying pan, heat oil and fry the sausages until evenly browned .
2) Move the sausages on the side of the pan, saute the onion, mushrooms and celery until soft; stir in the drained lentils, stock, salt and pepper into the pan, allow to the... - 34.5245
A Soup For All Seasons
In Dutch oven combine the 10 cups water, lentils, pepperoni, onion, tomato paste, the 2 1/2 teaspoons salt, oregano, sage, and cayenne.
Bring to boiling.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add tomatoes, carrots, and celery; cover... - 40.2291
Lentilles Du Puy
1. Soak the lentils in cold water for 1 hour. Drain and place in a large pan. Add boiling water to cover and simmer just below boiling point for 5 minutes. Drain.
2. Bring the measured water to the boil in the rinsed-out pan. Add salt and pepper to taste, the... - 34.3669
Deviled Liver In Croustades
1) In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter and lightly brown onion in it.
2) Part on the sides of the skillet.
3) Add remaining butter.
4) Dredge liver in flour and brown on all sides.
5) Mix in mustard, water, salt, and pepper.
6) Stir and bring to... - 43.9759
Roasted Pork Belly
Roasted pork belly - many of you might smell the dish just by watching the video. The only thing about roasting a pork belly is it takes time, but it is among the simplest recipes on earth. The fennel seed seasoning gives a special flavor which makes the... - 115.89
To sausage drippings and oil, add salt pork and onion, brown slightly.
Add remaining ingredients and cook 1 1/2 hours, stirring constantly.
Watch carefully after sauce begins to thicken.
Leftover lentils, green beans, peas, baked beans may be added last 5... - 32.2815
Sausage Braised In Wine
Thickly butter a gratin dish, and sprinkle with the chopped shallots, chervil and 2 tablespoons [30 ml.] of parsley.
After pricking it several times with a needle, put the sausage onto this bed.
Season the sausage lightly with salt and pepper, and pour in the... - 34.7233
Five Bean Soup
1. Rinse beans, lentils, and split peas and pick over. Place in a large pot. Add enough water to cover by at least 2 inches. Bring to a boil, remove from the heat, and let stand 1 hour; drain. - 31.3823
Saute pork until crisp.
Remove and save.
Saute onion and garlic.
Mix all ingredients excepting lamb.
Bring to boil, reduce heat.
Simmer, covered for 2 hours.
Add lamb and pour into casserole.
Bake 30 minutes at 350°. - 37.8683
Special Minestrone Soup
1) Cover kidney beans and lentils with water and keep aside for 5 hours.Drain well.
2) Follow package directions to cook macaroni and drain well, when done.
3) Heat oil and sauté onion and salt pork in it until onion is tender and salt... - 44.974
Bototie - South African Meat Casserole
Bobotie is a classic South African casserole meat dish that was brought to the Cape by the Indonesian slaves brought there to work by the Dutch East India Company. It is a gently-spiced mince dish full of raisins covered with a layer of savory egg custard. - 49.9325