Indian Lentil Curry
- » Lentil Potato Curry
Lentil Potato Curry Recipes
Enjoy our collection of lentil potato curry recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for lentil potato curry recipes.
Lentil And Sweet Potato Curry
Planning what to served the guests tonite…here is a video which shows how to make a delectable curry of lentils and sweet potatoes. The curry is delicious and pairs well with breads and rice. Your guests are going to love it! - 125.902
Curried Lentils And Potatoes
1. Scrub potatoes and cut them into 1/4-inch slices.
2. Rinse tomatoes, core, and cut each into 6 wedges.
3. In a 12- to 14-inch frying pan, combine potatoes, tomatoes, lentils, broth, and curry powder. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring... - 30.6593
Channa Dal Curry
The Chef shows how to make Channa Dal which is used as a accompaniment for puranpoli. It is also called Katachi Amti in India. It's really tasty and you can always make Channa Dal in your regular cooking as well. - 130.962
Fish Curry With Lentil And Vegetables
If you are fascinated about curries, then you must try this simply incredible lentil and vegetable based fish curry. Quite popular in Bengali cuisine of India, the dish combines the goodness of lentils with waxy potatoes, aubergines, herbs and fish fillets. - 110.385
Chicken Curry With Spiced Lentils
1. Heat oil in a saucepan over a medium heat, add garlic, coriander, turmeric and cardamom and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add chicken and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until brown.
2. Add stock, coconut milk, potatoes and red pepper and mix to combine.... - 37.7461
1) Take a pan and add bouillon in it. Add garlic and onion. Saute until onions turn golden brown in color.
2) Add water, curry and lentils. Bring the mixture to a boil.
3) Reduce heat and simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
4) Add potatoes, tomato and... - 45.3796
Chicken And Lentil Curry
Wash the chicken joints and lentils and place them in a pan with the boiling water.
Add the onions, potatoes, tomatoes and aubergine.
Cook gently until the chicken is tender, about 45 minutes.
Remove the chicken and take the meat off the bone.
Strain the... - 43.4934
Lentil Chunks Curry
1. In a nonstick pan on medium heat, heat oil and add cumin seeds, turmeric powder and onion and cook until onions are almost done.
2. Then add lentil chunks and saute well.
3. Mix ginger garlic paste and salt and cook adding water as needed with cover... - 107.801
Curried Vegetables With Dahi
Rinse the lentils or split peas.
Lentils cook faster and absorb less water than split peas, so use 4 cups of water for lentils, 5 cups of water for split peas.
In a covered saucepan, bring the water and lentils or peas to a boil.
Reduce the heat, uncover, and... - 44.9235
Have you ever tried this wonderful Dhokar Dalna recipe. I often make it as a treat for myself. Try making the Dhokar Dalna for yourself and you will understand why I am so addicted to it! - 52.6479
Vegetable Lentil Burgers
1) In a saucepan, place the lentils, potato and carrot with just enough cold water to cover. Let soak.
2) Preheat the grill moderately.
3) Boil the lentils and vegetables rapidly for 10 minutes, then cover and simmer over a moderate heat... - 47.3072
Easy Dhokar Dalna
This is a very tasty recipe made of bengal gram (lentil). It is so tasty that you will be surprised and that is why the name. It is by itself a whole meal. Try it today. - 49.5194
Mung Dal With Potatoes And Drumsticks
Boil the potatoes in salted water. Separately cook the drumsticks in salted water till tender.
Wash the dal well and place it in a pan with 4 cups of water, salt and turmeric powder and cook till tender. The grains of dal should be intact and not mashed.
Take... - 35.451
In a 5- to 6-quart pan, stir spices over medium-low heat until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
To pan, add 1/2 cup broth, onions, garlic, and ginger.
Cook, uncovered, over high heat, stirring often until liquid evaporates and brown film sticks to... - 43.052
Dry Potato Curry
1) Cook the potatoes for 7 minutes until partially done and drain well.
2) Heat fat over low heat and sauté onion and curry powder in it for 5 minutes.
3) Stir in potatoes, half lemon rind and the juice or tamarind and water.
4) Cook, covered for... - 47.4808
Gourmet Lentil Burgers
1. Place lentils, mashed potato, milk, egg, spring onions, garlic, cumin, coriander, curry powder and black pepper to taste in a bowl and mix well.
2. Shape lentil mixture into eight patties and cook under a preheated grill for 5 minutes each side or until... - 37.6239
Curried Aubergine And Potato Pie
1. Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Cook the potatoes in lightly salted simmering water for 15-20 mins until just tender - don't let the water boil or the potatoes will break up.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan and gently fry the onion and... - 37.9953
Spicy Lentil Soup
Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
Add the garlic, onion, and ginger, and fry gently for 2-3 minutes.
Add the parsnip, potato, and celery to the pan and continue to fry gently for 3 minutes.
Stir the curry paste through the vegetables and cook for a further... - 41.1984
Hearty Lentil Soup
This Hearty Lentil Soup is simply guilt free eating at its best. The flavors of bacon, maple, and apple, blends perfectly with the sweet heat of the cumin and curry making this an absolutely delicious weekend meal. - 119.861
1) Clean and wash the lentils in water and soak for about 30 minutes. Drain.
2)In a deep saucepan, add the lentils and salt along with water and bring to boil.
3)Decrease heat and cover pan. Simmer for 30 minutes. Remove scum from... - 49.108
Lentils With Vegetables And Tamarind
1. Mix together the toor and masoor dhal and wash them twice, running your fingers through them.
2. Drain them and put in a heavy-based saucepan. Add to this the ginger, garlic, turmeric, chilli powder, ground coriander, salt to taste, onion and curry leaves,... - 35.562
Sambhar - Lentil And Vegetable Soup
If you're planning to make sambhar, then you must try this recipe. Chef Bhavna shows how to make the delicious sambhar. This is a very famous South Indian dish. Sambhar is served with hot idlis and dosa. Do try out this recipe and don't forget to watch the... - 111.032
Vegetable Rice With Lentils
Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan, add the curry leaves and green chillies, and fry for 2 minutes.
Add the onion and fry for 2-3 minutes over a medium heat.
Gradually add the tomatoes, ginger, garlic, dried red chillies, turmeric, diced potato, carrots... - 42.4023
Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Simmer white and sweet potatoes in a pot filled with water for 45 minutes or until they can be pierced easily using a fork.
3. Strain and keep aside 2 cups water.
4. Add 1 cup water to the pot back and... - 46.1439
Kerala Drumstick Dal Gravy
Wash both the dals well and cook them in salted water in a pressure cooker. Set aside. Boil a pan of water. Add salt, the whole spices and the stringed pieces of drumsticks and cook them till tender but intact.
Grind the masala till butter soft.
If you are... - 39.7035
South Indian Sambar With Drumsticks
Pressure cook the toover dal with the turmeric powder, asafoetida and salt, and one sprig of curry leaves.
Wash the cut vegetables and place them in salted water and cook them till tender along with the onions and tomato pieces. Add the cooked dal and mix... - 37.8581
Bisi Bele Bhat Making Made Easier
If you are looking for a vegetarian one pot meal, then this South Indian rice and lentil dish with the goodness of vegetables is what you should be making. It is so easy to prepare this dish which makes for a wholesome, nutritious and comforting meal. Watch... - 89.752
Vegetable Curry And Spiced Dal
Vegetable curry is always a great meal! In this video, watch a step-by-step instruction to preparing a great meal of vegetable curry with dal. Filled with the goodness of mixed vegetables, the curry is made with soy milk. A great meal, with great flavors! - 120.604
1. Wash the vegetables and cut them in similar size pieces, approximately 1 inch dices.
2. In a skillet or a wok, heat oil over a medium high flame.
3. When the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds and allow them to pop.
4. When the... - 48.5975
Potatoes Peas / Aloo Matar Sabji
Demonstrating how to make Dry Aloo Matar Sabji i.e. Potatoes and Green Peas fry using simple Indian spices. Great side dish with lentils and other curry dishes. Enjoy it in a wrap or with Roti. - 0
Bean Ki Tarkari
Bean Ki Tarkari has a great taste. Bean Ki Tarkari gets its taste from beans mixed with chilies and urhad dal. Bean Ki Tarkari is inspired by many food joints worldwide. - 32.4185
Ghassey has a fine taste. Ghassey gets its taste from potatoes mixed with urhad dal and chilies. Ghassey is cherished by food lovers. - 40.9393
Mix fenugreek leaves with half tsp salt and leave for twenty minutes.
Squeeze out water to remove bitterness from leaves.
Wash dais well and mix with meat and chopped ingredients for dal mixture and meat.
Put into a pan with water to cover by one inch.
Bring... - 47.1748
Tindora (ivy Gourd) And Potato Stir Fry
Tindora or Ivy Gourd is commonly known by different names in India like - parwal, kundru, tondli, toroda, kunduri and so on. There are a variety of recipes from all over the world that list ivy gourd as the main ingredient. It is often compared to bitter... - 0
Masoor Dal Sabji Wali
In a pan, bring the water to a boil over medium heat.
Add the lentils, garlic, turmeric, and salt.
Reduce the heat, cover partially, and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the lentils are almost cooked.
Stir in all the vegetables, cover, and continue cooking... - 48.3888
Special Kerala-style Sambar
Someone who is not from Kerala is sure to ask “What is so special about Kerala Sambar?” The answer you are likely to get from someone who is from Kerala is “It’s different from the from the typical Sambars made in the other South Indian states.”... - 110.501
Luchi is a type of puffed bread and it is very popular to all Bengali people. Basically, it is a breakfast item served with spicy potato curry, Bengal gram lentil or spicy chicken. However, you can also serve it with fruit jam or honey. In many of the Bengali... - 40.2482
Fried Wheat Poori
Circles of Delight …an amazing video to prepare crisp and golden Indian bread with wheat. This involves simple steps of mixing the basic dough and kneading well – there is no big secret to it – yet it makes for extremely tasty and mouth-watering... - 131.409
Mulligatawny Soup has a lovely taste. Mulligatawny Soup gets its taste from vegetable mixed with fruits and coconut milk. Mulligatawny Soup is loved by many people. - 45.0081
Whole Masoor Dal Khichdi
Wash the rice and lentils together, drain them into a sieve and then set aside.
Melt the ghee in a medium-sized saucepan, add the onions, onion seeds, mustard seeds and curry leaves and fry for 2 minutes.
Lower the heat and add the remaining spices.
Next, add... - 41.1426
Veggie Masala Burger
This is the best-tasting veggie burger I have ever eaten! The spice and veggie combination gives a wonderful flavor and terrific texture. - 45.9997
Bisi Bele Bath
Traditional South Indian style dish where rice and vegetables are cooked in tamarind water with some assorted Indian spices. - 0
Chitrannam - Mama's Lemon Rice
Chitrannam is a south Indian Rice preparation which is usually prepared on festivals. I prefer this lemon flavored rice over the spicy Pulao or Biryani any time of the day. Here is my Mama’s recipe for this Lemon Rice. - 0
Idli And Sambar
Idli is an amazing South Indian sort of dumpling. steamed rice cake. It is made by steaming batter — traditionally made from pulses (specifically black lentils) and rice — into patties, usually two to three inches in diameter, using a mold.
Most often... - 60.5201
Lentil Potato Curry Recipes By Category
Lentil Potato Curry Dish: