- » Lentil Curry
Lentil Curry Recipes
Lentil curry, which has a gravy like consistency, is a highly spiced Indian preparation made with red or brown lentils. It is rich in nutrition and tends to lose its shape when cooked for long periods of time. The ... More »
Lentil And Butternut Squash Soup
After eating all the heavy, fancy gourmet food in the holiday season, your body literally screams for rest! What you need is some delicious lentil soup bursting with flavors of sweet butternut squash, earthy mushrooms and chockfull of veggies. This is a very... - 126.525
Lentil And Sweet Potato Curry
Planning what to served the guests tonite…here is a video which shows how to make a delectable curry of lentils and sweet potatoes. The curry is delicious and pairs well with breads and rice. Your guests are going to love it! - 125.902
Here is a rich curry, which can be prepared in minutes! Check out Masoor dal. A very common dish in Indian households, this recipe is quick and easy to prepare. This is served with cooked rice. Add a vegetable dish to it and you get a complete meal. - 113.425
Butternut Squash And Lentil Soup
Looking for a nutritious and delicious soup? Your search ends with Butternut Squash and Lentil Soup. This is a hearty soup which utilizes the flavor of all the ingredients. Serve it topped with sausages and this becomes a healthy and filling meal in itself. - 111.751
Sprouted Lentil Curry - Fangavela Mag Nu Shaak
If you're looking for some Indian curry recipes, then you must try this dish. Chef Bhavna makes the mixed lentil curry in the video. This is a super easy recipe. You can serve the curry with hot roti or rice. So don't forget to watch the video for this... - 105.096
Yellow Lentil And Spinach Curry
1. In a pressure cooker pot heat together oil and ghee and cook for a while adding cumin seeds, asafoetida, turmeric powder, onion and tomato.
2. Then stir in ginger paste, garlic paste , green chili paste and salt to taste.
3. Let the tomatoes turn... - 100.503
Indian Style Lentil Curry
If you wish to expand your gastronomic horizon, then mastering this simple lentil curry might help. Lentil, which is the primary protein surrogate for the vegetarians in the country, makes for a yummy fare when cooked with a gamut of spices like fenugreek... - 96.4106
Curried Red Lentil And Vegetable Stew
Rinse the lentils well, discarding any discoloured ones.
Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
Add the onion, garlic, ginger and carrots.
Cook for 5 minutes, stirring, or until the onion is soft.
Add the spices; cook for 1 minute more or until... - 47.6646
Curried Lentils And Rice
1. In a large heavy skillet or stock pot, combine the lentils, broth/water and salt.
2. Place on a medium high flame and bring to a boil skimming off the scum .
3. Reduce the heat and let the lentils simmer for 20 minutes.
4. In the mean time, in a... - 47.5851
1) In a food processor bowl with a metal blade, process the ginger until finely grated, remove and keep aside.
2) Add garlic and process until finely minced.
3) Add onion and process until chopped.
4) In a large pot, saute the garlic and onion in the... - 46.9263
Cold Curried Lentils
1. Take a bowl and add water and lentils and soak it overnight. Or quickly soak the lentils and drain.
2. Add the soaked lentils to the bowl along with 3 cups of water and cook until done, but still firm. Drain off the water.
3. Take a... - 45.7923
1) Take a pan and add bouillon in it. Add garlic and onion. Saute until onions turn golden brown in color.
2) Add water, curry and lentils. Bring the mixture to a boil.
3) Reduce heat and simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
4) Add potatoes, tomato and... - 45.3796
Lentil Curry has a fine taste. Lentil Curry gets its taste from lentils mixed with garam masala and flavored with chili powder. Lentil Curry is inspired by many food joints across the world. - 45.1975
Red Lentil And Vegetable Curry
1) Heat the oil and stir-fry the garlic and onion in it for a few minutes.
2) Add the celery, carrot and curry powder.
3) Add the tomatoes, lentils and stock and stir well.
4) Bring the contents to a boil.
5) Cover and reduce the heat. Simmer gently... - 44.6222
Roasted Squash And Lentils With Harissa Dressing
1. Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas
2. Slicing the top and bottom off the squash, peel the skin and halve.
3. Remove the seeds after quartering the bulbs and slice the sections into wedges.
4. Cut halves out of the remaining cylindrical trunks... - 44.4818
Lentils With Rice And Curry
Place lentils and 4 cups of the broth or water in a large, heavy pot.
Cover, bring to a boil, lower heat, and let lentils simmer gently for 20 minutes.
While the lentils are cooking, heat the remaining 1/4 cup broth in a skillet over medium heat.
Add the... - 43.8364
Chicken And Lentil Curry
Wash the chicken joints and lentils and place them in a pan with the boiling water.
Add the onions, potatoes, tomatoes and aubergine.
Cook gently until the chicken is tender, about 45 minutes.
Remove the chicken and take the meat off the bone.
Strain the... - 43.4934
Curried Lentil Stew
Sort lentils and remove any debris.
Rinse lentils, drain, and set aside.
Whirl coriander seeds in a blender until finely ground, about 2 minutes.
Add shallots and 1/2 cup water; whirl until coarsely ground.
In a 5- to 6-quart pan over medium-high heat,... - 41.7402
Lentil Coconut Curry
Lentil Coconut Curry has a fine taste. Lentil Coconut Curry gets its taste from lentils mixed with creamed coconut and flavored with lemon juice. Lentil Coconut Curry is loved by many people. - 41.6395
Lentil Curry With Rice
1) Clean and wash lentils. Soak overnight in milk in refrigerator and keep aside.
2) In a skillet heat shortening, brown onion.
3) Stir in water, curry powder, lentils, and milk over simmering heat for 1 hour till tender.
4) Add water... - 40.5854
Indian Lentil Curry
Place the lentils, salt and water in a large pan.
Bring to the boil.
Chop one of the onions and add it to the pan with the turmeric.
Cover and cook for 20 minutes, or until the lentils are tender.
Slice the remaining onion and saute in the butter or ghee... - 40.3434
Curried Lentil Soup
Coat a Dutch oven with cooking spray; add oil, and place over medium-high heat until hot.
Add onion and garlic; saute 5 minutes or until tender.
Add lentils and next 8 ingredients; stir well.
Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 to 35 minutes or... - 40.2014
Lentil And Squash Curry
In saucepan combine mushrooms, zucchini, onion, and curry powder.
Cook 4 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients except oil.
Cover and simmer 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Remove from heat; stir in oil, if desired.
Divide evenly. - 39.8805
Heat the oil in a deep saucepan and saute the onions for 4—5 minutes.
Add the garlic and spices and cook for 2 minutes.
Wash, rinse and drain the lentils and add them to the saute.
Cook for a further 2 minutes.
Pour the stock into the pan, and add the lemon... - 38.4052
Curried Lentil Soup
Cook paste in large heated dry pan, stirring, until fragrant.
Add onion and ginger; cook, stirring, until onion is soft.
Blend or process onion mixture and coriander until pureed.
Return onion mixture to same pan.
Add stock and lentils; cook, uncovered, about... - 37.6359
Anyone who is looking for lentil curry, take down this recipe. You will never regret as you will be carried away by the taste of this Lentil Curry. A real good one for vegetarians! - 37.0125
Lentil Salad With Summer Squash
1 To prepare the salad: In a medium-size saucepan, bring the water to a boil over moderately high heat. Add the squash and cook for 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the squash to a colander, rinse under cold water, and drain... - 36.8714
1. Heat the oil in a heavy 3- to 4-quart saucepan until hot. Add the onion and saute until lightly browned.
2. Add the garlic, ginger, bay leaves, and cloves and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and continue cooking.
3. Mix the curry powder and turmeric... - 36.2757
Curried Lentils On Rice
1. In a bowl soak lentils overnight.
2. Drain the excess water.
3. Cook the lentils in salt, curry powder and onion for 60 minutes or till the lentils get tender and the mixture is quite similar to thick soup.
4. Serve curried lentils over hot... - 35.8511
Squash And Lentil Bisque
A rich blend of true fall favorites--squash, apples, onions and lentils--is topped with broiled cheese bread. This bisque is "souper"! - 35.4938
Lentils With Curry Sauce
1. In a bowl add water and boil.
2. Mix lentils and cook for 15 minutes till lentils are tender but not mushy.
3. Add lemon, salt and pepper and curry sauce as per taste.
4. Serve lentils with curry sauce in dinner plates. - 34.2463
Curried Lentil Soup
In a blender or food processor, puree the onions, celery and carrots.
Transfer the mixture to a large saucepan.
Add the water, tomatoes (with juices), lentils and curry powder.
Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat.
Simmer for 1 hour. - 33.309
1. Combine the lentils and water. Add one of the onions and salt to taste and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the lentils are tender, thirty to forty minutes. Drain.
2. In a skillet heat the butter, add the remaining onion and the... - 33.1973
Curried Lentils And Vegetables
Rinse lentils and drain.
In a Dutch oven combine lentils, water, carrots, onions, celery, garlic, curry powder, ginger, and salt.
Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or till the lentils are tender.
In a medium mixing bowl stir... - 33.0575
Classic Curried Lentil Soup
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan, add onion, curry powder and cumin and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes or until onion is soft. Stir in tomato paste (puree) and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, add lentils, cover and simmer for 30... - 31.8834
Wash lentils; add water and soak several hours or overnight.
Add salt and one of the chopped onions; simmer until lentils are tender, about an hour or longer.
Saute remaining onion and garlic in butter until they begin to brown; add to lentils.
Add curry... - 31.7733
Curried Carrots And Lentils
1. Place the almonds on a large ovenproof plate and microwave on HIGH for 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently until brown, then reserve.
2. Put the oil in a large ovenproof glass bowl and stir in the onion, carrots and garlic. Microwave on HIGH for 5-6 minutes,... - 31.2097
Curried Lentils With Fruit
1. Combine 2 quarts water and lentils in large saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Stir apple and raisins into saucepan; cook 10 minutes or until lentils are tender. Drain lentil... - 31.1132
Curried Red Lentil Mash
1. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; saute 2 minutes. Add chicken broth and next 3 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 16 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates, stirring occasionally.
2. Stir... - 30.2736
Curried Lentils is a delicious side dish version that you will always love to include in your party. The Curried Lentils will surely always tempt you to try it again and again! - 28.49
Plain Tadka Dal (tempered Lentil Curry)
Dal Curry is a staple in Indian Cuisine. It has been made in hundreds of ways. Here is one simple way to make it. The tempering elevates a simple dal curry and not only makes it look inviting, but also tasty. - 0
Green Beans Dal Curry Dry
This is a typical tamil dish, made in most tamil homes. Though it does not have many spices going into it, it is quite delicious and can be eaten on its own. - 0
Lal Rajma Curry
Lal rajma curry is a popular dish in Indian households made with lal rajma (red kidney beans), commonly eaten with rice. - 0
Lentil Curry Recipes By Category