- » Lentil
The lentils (or dal as they are referred to in Indian cuisine) belong to the legume family. They are an important part of the Indian cuisine. With several varieties of lentils available they are a very versatile ... More »
Hearty Lentil Soup
This Hearty Lentil Soup is simply guilt free eating at its best. The flavors of bacon, maple, and apple, blends perfectly with the sweet heat of the cumin and curry making this an absolutely delicious weekend meal. - 149.554
Simple Lentil Soup
For those looking for an appetizing easy soup, here is a simple and delicious lentil soup. This soup is so easy to prepare and shall surely be your favorite this winter. Gently spiced with just garlic, cumin and pepper, this soup is simply amazing. So warm... - 138.845
Easy Moroccan Lentils
This wonderful video for Moroccan style lentils re is a flavorful treat specially during winters. This dish can be served as an appetizer or a main dish, either way this simple dish would surely warm you up this winter. This video is very impressive, well... - 134.723
Ethiopian Style Spicy Red Lentil Stew
A delicious, easy, and spicy stew. This is my version of the Ethiopian traditional Misir Wot. Two ingredients will be key: berbere (Ethiopian pepper mixture - recipe found at www.joelluks.com if you don't have an Ethiopian grocer near you) and black cumin... - 132.609
Lentil With Baked Eggs In Ramekin
Explore the world of vegetable protein with this simple recipe, Lentil baked in Ramekin. Lentils are good source of protein and fiber. For those who want to switch over to vegetable proteins for health reasons, this dish is an obvious choice, it nourishes one... - 131.993
Lentil And Bulgar Salad
Looking for newer forms of salad? Watch this video which demonstrates the recipe of Lentil and Bulgar Salad. This recipe uses raw vegetables along with a combination of cooked lentil and bulgar, making it a wholesome and delicious salad. Worth trying at least... - 129.614
Spicy Whole Green Grams
Lentil dishes are nutritious and filling and here is an Indian recipe to make one. Watch chef Aarsi showing how to make Mung Bean lentils or green gram with vegetables and spicy seasonings. Good to have with rotis or rice! - 129.176
Arabian Eggplant And Lentil Stew
This stew makes a perfect vegan meal on a cold wintry day and has the hearty flavors and soulful aromas of comfort food. Watch the video to learn how to make this stew made with green lentils and roasted eggplant and flavored with spicy tomato gravy. Serve it... - 126.376
Indian Lentil And Vegetable Soup
Want a vegetarian protein rich soup for your diet? Chef Manjula has a lentil and vegetable soup from Indian cuisine. She uses a pressure cooker for quick boiling. The best part of the recipe is its seasoning; using whole cumin seeds gives a nice flavor to... - 126.087
Slow Cooked Ham And Lentil Stew
Nothing like a great effortless meal that warms up your heart and doesn't call for a lot of efforts to prepare. This Slow cooked Ham and Lentil Stew is a similar dish. You put everything in your crock pot and do your stuff or snuggle in the bed and relax... - 122.446
Red Lentils With Tofu
Red Lentils with Tofu is superb. The quick-cooking lentils are a great source of protein and fiber. These red lentils are immersed in a delicious tomato puree with fragrant seasonings. Tofu has a sponge like ability to pick up the surrounding flavors and is... - 120.728
Indian Black Lentil Soup
Vegetarians can stop complaining now. We have one helluva soup here! The Black Lentil Soup is a healthy, tasty and flavorsome Indian dish. It can be eaten as a soup or as a stew with several side dishes. Watch and learn this recipe from this video. Enjoy! - 120.267
Dal is a popular Indian dish and you can also learn how to make this dish from chef Belucci by watching this video. The chef not only prepares delicious dal but also makes Indian bread that is usually served with the lentil curry. - 117.738
A hearty fall or winter stew that’s earthy, healthy, and delicious. - 114.398
Quick Dinner Meals - Lentil Broccoli Patties
Did you know that lentils and broccoli are a great combination? A super simple recipe, it just takes few minutes to get ready. Prepared in minimal oil, this recipe is delicious and healthy! Served over a bed of spinach, this makes a great meal. - 113.948
Lentil And Roasted Kabocha Squash Soup
Soup lover? Take a look at this lentil and roasted kabocha squash soup recipe that is hearty, delicious and your heart will love it for it has all the goodness your body and heart can ask for. You should consider including it in your weekly menu. - 113.191
Lentil And Hot Dog Stew With Caramelized Onions
Hungry for nutrition? Try lentils they are full of minerals, vitamins and all the required nutrients. The combination of lentils with hot dog sounds interesting. This video shows how to make the dish in a very simple manner. You may wish to try it. - 112.888
Low Carb Lentil And Tomato Soup
Looking for a simple yet delicious lentil soup recipe? Then this video is just the thing for you. This recipe is simple yet delicious and amazingly healthy. Watch the video to know more. - 109.351
Lentil Salad With Avocado And Mango
Watch Toby Smithson (with some help) prepare this healthy and refreshing salad with the flavors of India, on loan from fellow Registered Dietitian Gita Patel and her new book "Blending Science with Spices". - 108.509
Post Holiday Lentil Soup
After eating all the heavy, fancy gourmet food in the holiday season, your body literally screams for rest! Losing all the extra pounds gained during the holiday feasting is not an easy task. What you need is some delicious lentil soup. This is a very healthy... - 108.227
Quick Vegan Lentil Soup
Want to try out a nutritious dinner in minutes? A hot bowl of healthy and tasty vegan lentil soup would be a ideal thing for you. Lentils along with other vegetables gives ample nourishment along with exotic flavor. Learn to make this hearty delight with Chef... - 106.867
Lentil Sprout Chaat (salad)
In a mood to eat a healthy chaat, then you should see the recipe. The taste is different from the regular chaats. The chaat is healthy and vegetarian too. It is a combination of vegetables and lentils. Check out the video for this different and tasty recipe. - 106.644
Healthy Lentil And Veggie Burger
Do you love junk food but are scared of extra calories? This recipe is a must try for you. Watch this video to learn a simple recipe of Healthy Lentil and Veggie Burger. We bet your family will drool over this one. - 103.029
Vegan Tabouli And Lentil Salad
Vegan Tabouli and Lentil Salad is an exotic combination of delectable ingredients. The fresh vegetables are indeed the stars of this salad. The lemon olive dressing gives that extra kick. Watch and learn how to make this salad from this video. Bon Appétit! - 102.929
Arabian Lentil Soup
Heat oil in soup pot over medium heat.
Add onion, celery, carrot and garlic. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring, just to soften. Do not brown.
Add cumin and coriander. Cook another 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant.
Add water and salt and bring to a boil.
Add... - 101.737
Roasted Ham And Lentil Soup
1. In a big pot, caramelize garlic, chopped carrots, celery, and onions in olive oil.
2. Once caramelized, add in lentils and toast for 3-4 minutes.
3. Next add diced ham and chicken stock and bring to a boil.
4. Add the diced potatoes to a bowl of... - 101.69
Spicy And Warming Lentils
Nothing like a warm bowl of lentils to go with your rice! It’s an easy dish brimming with flavors! See the video to make a hearty bowl of dhal! - 101.17
Cabbage Chana Dal Salad
How about a high protein salad for Sunday brunch? Chef Manjula makes cabbage chana dal salad which doesn’t need any cooking. Its easy to prepare with just chopping and mixing. - 97.4678
Creamy Chickpea Stew
Channa or chickpea is common in several regional preparations across India. Chef Madhura shows the recipe to make Chana Dal, a good variation lentil dish in simple and easy steps to go well with rotis. Good with rice and naan too! - 92.4745
Indian Lentils With Spinach Part 1 - Preparing The Lentils
Spinach is known for its health values and gets even better when cooked with lentils. Watch chef Aarsi as she shows how to cook spinach with lentils, masala and seasonings. In the video the chef begins with the preparation of lentils. Watch the following... - 88.7518
Tasty Red Lentil And Mushroom Soup
In a mood of making a soup, then you must check this out. The Chef shows how to make this healthy soup. It's really delicious and easy to make. I'm sure your family and guests will love it. Don't forget to watch the video before trying it at home. - 88.5036
Urbankitchen - Spicy Lentils
Spicy lentils are a great way to keep up with your protein requirement, if you are not very keen on meat. The spice level obviously depends on how much you can take. Take a look at this video and you will get an idea of how to put together a sumptuous lentil... - 86.789
Arabic Mujadara is a pilaf made with lentils and burgul flavored with caramelized onions. Watch and learn this delicate side dish from this video. You will love it if you like Mediterranean flavors. Bon Appétit! - 85.6721
Ethiopian Style Lentil Stew
Want to try a spicy and flavorful stew recipe today? Here's one specially handcrafted for you. Watch the chef share his personal recipe to prepare this Ethiopian Style Lentil Stew that is sure to impress all. Treat your family to this gourmet delight today. - 84.0616
Lentil And Dumpling Pilaf
Indulge in exquisite flavors with this Lentil and Dumpling Pilaf. It is flavored with pomegranate molasses and cilantro. This is a unique combination! So, if you would like to try Mediterranean, give this recipe a shot! - 81.7518
Yellow Lentil And Green Beans With Lemon
This simple, easy-to-make side borrows much of its basic earthy flavors from yellow lentils and green beans and lemon juice adds to the zesty tang of the dish. Thekel plays with different flavors to make this healthy dish yummy and tantalizing to the taste... - 71.3777
Zesty Orange Lentil Broth
This palate-pleasing, gut-appeasing broth is a beautiful amalgamation of citrusy flavors and lentils. This make ahead broth makes for satiating addition to your dinner table. Ready in flat 30 minutes, this dish is sure to become a family-favorite the moment... - 59.6509
1)Make a coarse paste of first three ingredients and then add the powders and, with splashes.
2)In a wok, heat oil to smoking point.
3)In a pan, heat ghee and fry cumin. Add paste and cook for 10 minutes on low heat.
4)Remove from heat... - 50.9565
Lentil Pourgouri - Cyprus Bulgur Pilaf
1.Take a large fry pan, heat oil in it and fry the lentils and allspice and cardamoms in it for 3-4 minutes.
2.Stir in 600 ml cold water and cook by simmering for 30 minutes after putting the lid on.
3.Stir in bulgar wheat and currants.
4.Add water if... - 48.8711
Hearty Red Lentil Soup
1. Wash the lentils thoroughly and drain them.
2. Transfer the lentils into a medium stock pot or saucepan and cover with 4 cups of water.
3. Place the saucepan on a medium flame and cook the lentils for 30 minutes or until they are tender. ... - 48.7922
Curried Garbanzo Beans (chana Dal)
1) In a 3-4 quart pot, roast the cumin seeds in the heated oil over a medium heat for one minute
2) In a food processor bowl with a metal blade, process the onion until finely chopped.
3) Stir into the pot and saute for about 3 minutes.
4) In the... - 48.7359
Vegetarian Lentil Patties In A Pita
1.Take a medium mixing bowl and add in lentils, cracked wheat, lemon juice, scallion, bread crumbs, parsley, salt, pepper. Mix well.
2.Divide the mixture into 2 portions and make patties out of them.
3.Place the patties on non stick baking sheet.
4.... - 48.6127
Rice And Brown Lentil Soup
1. In a large heavy bottomed saucepan or a stock pot, heat the oil over a medium flame.
2. When the oil is hot, add the mustard seed and wait till they begin to splutter.
3. Add the turmeric and curry powder and sauté for 30 seconds.
4. Further add... - 48.6127
1) Rinse lentils to remove any foreign matter and drain well.
2) In a medium saucepan, bring a mixture of lentils, 2 cups water and bay leaf to a boil.
3) Lower heat and cook, covered for 30 minutes gently just below boiling, until... - 48.6039
Shallot Lentil Salad
Place the lentils in a medium saucepan and cover with 3" of water.
Add the shallots, cloves, and bay leaf.
Bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the lentils are tender.
Drain in a colander and... - 48.5732
1. In large saucepan, cover the lentils with water.
2. Add onion, salt, and bay leaf.
3. Simmer covered, on a medium flame for 45 minutes until lentils are tender.
4. Remove and discard the bay leaf.
5. Drain in a colander and cool lentils
6.... - 48.54
1. In a medium stock pot or saucepan, cover the lentil with double the amount of water and soak for a minimum of 2 hours.
2. If using brown rice, soak the rice with the lentils in the same pot.
3. Just before cooking, drain the water from the... - 48.4856
Lentil And Rice Supper
1) Add the first 4 ingredients and allow to boil.
2) Place a lid over and lower heat. Allow to simmer for 1 hour, till the lentils are done.
3) Add in the next 6 ingredients and place a lid over.
4) Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, till the vegetables are... - 48.4791
Lentil And Potato Soup
Melt the butter to grease the bottom of the pressure cooker.
Add the lentils and vegetables and stir well.
Pour on the water and bring to the boil uncovered, and stir again to ensure the lentils have not stuck to the base.
Put in the bacon, bouquet garni and... - 48.4567
1) Stud the onion with whole cloves or add the ground cloves to water alongwith the other ingredients.
2) In a large saucepan, add the clove-studded onion, lentils, bay leaf, 1/2 teaspoon salt and water together.
3) Allow to boil, then simmer covered... - 48.3894
Lentil And Spinach Lasagne
Cover the lentils with boiling water and leave for a couple of hours.
Drain, cover with fresh water, add the oil and cook in a pressure-cooker for 15 minutes, or in an ordinary saucepan for about 45 minutes.
Drain the lentils but save the liquid.
Puree the... - 48.3495
Chana Dal Pulao
1 In a bowl, soak the dal for 15 minutes.
2 In a pan, boil the dal it in salted water until tender.
3 Put in a strainer to remove any excess water and keep aside.
4 In a pan, heat the ghee.
5 Add in the onion slices with bay... - 48.2822
Spicy Lentil Soup With Spinach
1. In a saucepan, heat the oil over moderate heat.
2. Add the celery, garlic, onion, and spices.
3. Saute the mixture, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes, until softened.
4. Add the lentils and the stock.
5. Bring the mixture to a boil.
6.... - 48.2752
Kielbasa Lentil Soup
About 1 hour before serving: In large saucepan, in 5 cups water, heat lentils, tomatoes, bay leaves, salt and pepper to boiling.
Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in large skillet over high heat, fry bacon until slightly... - 48.2654
Lentil Soup With Spaghetti
Lentil Soup With Spaghetti recipe serves the dual purpose of an appetizer and a complete meal by itself. - 48.1215
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a nonstick pan toast the walnuts over medium heat, until lightly browned, stirring constantly.
3) Remove and let it cool.
4) Coat an 8 1/2 by 41/2-inch loaf pan with butter.
5) In the same pan, heat... - 48.1032
1. In a large heavy skillet or stock pot, heat the oil over moderate heat
2. Add and sauté the onion, garlic and carrot just until vegetables are limp.
3. Add the remaining ingredients except for water and sauté lightly just until the flavors are... - 48.0866
Oven Potato Sausage Lentil Stew
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2. Rinse lentil and set aside.
3. Combine with potato sausage or Polish sausage, and carrots.
4. Add the 3 cups water; bring it to boil in a saucepan.
5. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 30... - 47.951
1 Wash the lentils and rice well under running water.
2 Chop the vegetables finely.
3 In a pan, melt the butter.
4 Add in the vegetables and lentils.
5 Fry gently for about 5 minutes.
6 Pour in the hot water, stirring... - 47.7201
Lentil Onion Soup
In 2-quart casserole, combine onion, margarine, garlic and pepper.
Microwave at High for 5 to 6 minutes, or until onion is tender, stirring once.
Add remaining ingredients, except cheese.
Microwave at High for 7 to 10 minutes, or until tomato... - 47.6106
Chana With Gravy
1 In a bowl, soak the chana overnight in water with soda bicarbonate.
2 In a pan, heat the ghee,.
3 Add in red chilli powder and soaked chana along with the water.
4 Boil until tender.
5 Add in the salt, amchoor, spices and... - 47.5331
Radish Sprout And Lentil Salad
Radish Sprout And Lentil Salad is an irresistible recipe which you would surely love to serve to your friends as a side dish. Enjoy this delicious Radish Sprout And Lentil Salad; I am sure you would love to try this Radish Sprout And Lentil Salad dish. - 47.475
1) In a large saucepan cover lentils with water.
2) Put onion, salt, and bay leaf.
3) Simmer covered for about 45 minutes till lentils are tender.
4) Discard bay leaf.
5) Drain in a colander and cool.
6) Toss lentils with celery, pickle, and green... - 47.4247
Lentil And Nut Loaf
1. Wash lentils thoroughly and drain, place in a small saucepan and cover with water, about 300 ml/1/2 pint.
2. Bring to the boil and stir in the Marmite; simmer for 7-10 minutes until soft, strain and keep on one side.
3. Melt the margarine, add onions and... - 47.3336
Lentil And Vegetable Soup
In 3-quart casserole, combine onion, garlic and olive oil.
Microwave at High for 2 to 3 minutes, or until onion is tender.
Stir in remaining ingredients, except salt.
Microwave at High for 5 minutes.
Reduce power to 70% (Medium... - 47.3052
Lentil Patties With Walnut Sauce
1) Take a medium sized mixing bowl and add lentils, bread crumbs, garlic and egg white to it.
2) Combine the ingredients well and mash the lentils.
3) Fashion into 4 patties of uniform size
4) Take a non-stick skillet of 9 inches and add... - 47.2966
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the lentils, flour, oil, tamari, spices, ½ cup wheat germ and salt.
4. Using a wooden spoon or your hands, mix the... - 47.2946
Urad And Chana Dal
1 Pick and wash the dals.
2 In a bowl, soak the dals for 25 minutes.
3 In a pan, boil water.
4 Add in the dals along with turmeric, salt, red chilli powder and cook on low heat until tender and well mixed.
5 In a pan, heat the... - 47.291
1) Rinse and soak the lentils in 5 cups of water overnight at room temperature.
2) In a large pot, bring the lentils, soaking water, 1 cup additional water, bay leaf and bouillon cubes to a boil, and cook on a medium heat for about 30... - 47.2903
Brown Rice Lentil And Mushroom Salad
1 Cook the lentils in plenty of boiling water for about 30-40 minutes or until they're just soft.
2 In another saucepan, melt the butter.
3 Stir in the rice to coat well.
4 Pour in the boiling water and stir once.
5 Cover and simmer gently... - 47.2556
Baked Lentils With Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. In a shallow baking dish about 9 by 13 inches, add lentils, water, bay, salt, pepper, marjoram, sage, thyme, onions, garlic, and tomatoes.
3. Seal with a foil.
4. Bake for 30 minutes.
5. Uncover and add... - 47.2483
Country Lentil Soup
1) Pour of the water from the bacon, and rinse under cold water.
2) In a pan, place together bacon, lentils, carrot, celery, onion, water, Worcestershire sauce and pepper.
3) Heat the bacon mixture to a boil and skim, using the perforated... - 47.2296
Lentil And Courgette Souffle
Butter and lightly flour a 1.75 litre/3 pint souffle dish.
Sprinkle the salt on to the grated courgettes, let them drain about 30 minutes and press out all the liquid.
Puree two-thirds of the cooked lentils with the garlic, onion, yoghurt, cumin and most of... - 47.1212
Mutton Do Pyaz With Lentils
1. Wash and cut up meat into 5 cm. (2") pieces.
2. Crush well half the onions, garlic and cumin. Grind red chillies fine.
3. Mix with salt and curds.
4. Rub curd mixture well into the meat and leave for half an hour.
5. Heat fat and fry remaining onions... - 47.1037
Pork Tenderloin With Cider And Mustard Braised Lentils
1) Season the pork on both sides.
2) In a frying pan heat half olive oil over medium heat. Fry the pork on both sides for 5 minutes each side, until the pork becomes pink and moist at the middle. Keep it aside.
3) In a pan, heat up the... - 47.038
1) In a large pot,cover lentils with 4 cups of water.
2) Allow to boil and cook for an hour.
3) Now add potatoes and carrots.
4) Cook further for 20 minutes or until vegetables are just cooked through.
5) Blend the oil and the flour... - 47.0118
Spencer Christian's Spaghetti With Lentil Sauce
1) In a saucepan, add lentils and water. Simmer for 30 to 45 minutes till tender.
2) Drain and keep aside.
3) In large skillet heat oil and cook onion and the garlic over moderately low heat till onion is softened.
4) Stir in tomato sauce, chopped... - 47.0106
Combine the seasoning mix ingredients in a small bowl.
Preheat a heavy 8-quart pot, preferably nonstick, over high heat to 350°, about 4 minutes.
Add 1 cup of the onions, 1 cup of the bell peppers, 1 cup of the celery, and the bay leaves.
Stir and cook,... - 46.9868
Special Sookha Chana
1 Wash the chana well.
2 In a bowl, soak the chana in water with all the ingredients, except salt, overnight.
3 In a pan, transfer the soaked chana with all the ingredients.
4 Add in salt and boil on low heat until tender.
5 ... - 46.9679
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a non-stick pan, heat oil and sate onions, pepper and garlic for 10 minutes or until wilted.
3) Add the lentils, tomato juice, stock, parsley, chilli powder, raisins, molasses, soy sauce, cumin, red... - 46.9635
Cabbage And Green Lentil Soup With Bacon And Sherry
Cook the onion and garlic slowly in the oil in a heavy-based pan.
A good 10 minutes over a low heat should leave the onion soft, golden and translucent.
Stir in the chopped bacon and mushrooms and cover with a lid.
Leave to cook for 1.0 minutes or until the... - 46.9022
Armenian Lentil Patties
1. In a pot of warm water add lentils, garlic and onion.
2. Cover and cook for 25 minutes till the lentils are tender.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
4. Cover and simmer for 2 minutes on low heat.
6. Add pepper. Stir to mix... - 46.8934
Red Lentil Salad With Red Peppers And Cucumbers
1. Rinse the lentils well.
2. In a cooking pot, boil water and add the lentils.
3. Cover the pot and reduce heat. Simmer 4 minutes. Do not overcook.
4. Pour cooked lentils in a strainer and rinse well. Remove all excess water from the water.
5. In a... - 46.8495
1) In a large pot, add the lentils, water, bouillon cubes and Vegit seasoning together and simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until the lentils are tender.
2) In a food processor bowl with a metal blade, process the onions, until chopped medium-fine.
3) In a... - 46.8451
Lentil And Leek Burritos
1) In a skillet, heat oil and sautÃ© leeks for 5 to 6 minutes or until the leeks are tender.
2) Add in dried oregano, chilli powder, paprika cumin and pepper sauce, stirring constantly for 3 to 4 minutes
3) Mix in the lentils combine well.
4)... - 46.7847
Lentil Soup Supreme
1) Using a slotted ladle remove the chop tomatoes, reserving liquid.
2) In a stockpot, heat olive oil and sauté onions, celery, and garlic for 5 minutes until tender.
3) Stir in the tomato liquid, tomatoes, pepper, and oregano to the... - 46.7847
Microwave Cooked Split Pea And Lentil Soup
1) Into a 5-quart casserole, add in the bacon. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes, or till the bacon browns slightly.
2) Reserve 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat, discarding the rest.
3) Add in water, split peas, lentils, onion, garlic, salt,... - 46.7626
1. Preheat oven to 300°
2. In a dutch oven add oil and saute garlic and onions. Saute til they are tender.
3. Add the next 6 ingredients.
4. Mix boiling water and cover the ingredients totally.
5. Cover and bake for 6-8 hours at... - 46.7537
1) In a saucepan, melt the butter and sautÃ© carrot, leeks, celery and onion until soft.
2) Stir in tomatoes, stock, parsley, lentils and seasoning until well mixed. 3) Put the lid on and simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until the lentils are... - 46.7006
1) Put lentils in colander and rinse under cold water.
2) Strip onion and cut into quarter.
3) Peel carrot and cut crosswise into 4 pieces.
4) Double up a cheesecloth and put bay leaf, thyme, and 2 sprigs parsley and tie.
5) Core, halve, and... - 46.6652
Hot Chana Dal With Potatoes
Put the dal to boil with 3 cups of water and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt.
Cover, lower heat, and simmer gently for 1 hour.
Drain and set aside.
In a 10-inch skillet, heat the oil over a medium-high flame.
When hot, put in the mustard, cumin, and fenugreek... - 46.6558
Lentil Soup With Rice And Apricots
1.Take a soup kettle, and heat oil in it.
2.Add the garlic and saute.
3.Toss in the onion,and saute till transparent
3.Add the rice and the pepper.Saute for a few minutes.
4.Add remaining ingredients except salt and pepper. Cook on low heat, for upto... - 46.6479
Vegan Lentil And Tofu Bolognese
1. In a saucepan, heat some oil and fry the onions for about 3 minutes, stir in mushrooms and garlic and saute for another 5 minutes.
2. Stir in lentils, mix well and saute for another 2 minutes. Keep on stirring to avoid the burning.
3. In a bowl,... - 46.612
Beef And Lentils
1) Insert cloves into whole onion. Keep aside.
2) In a large saucepan add water, lentils, salt, bay leaf, and whole onion with cloves. Mix thoroughly.
3) Simmer 30 minutes.
4) In slow cooker add all remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
5) Add the... - 46.611
Wednesday Lentil Casserole
1. Soak the lentils overnight. Drain them well.
2. Cover with water.
3. Preheat oven to 350°
4. Slit the onions in 2 places. In the slits insert garlic cloves.
5. Add bay leaf.
6. Simmer the lentils over low flame till they are... - 46.6021
1 In a bowl, fill water.
2 Soak chana in it along with tea leaves tied in a muslin cloth and soda bicarbonate overnight.
3 In a pan, boil the chana with salt until tender.
4 Put it in a strainer to drain water.
5 Cut the ginger... - 46.5976
Wash the lentils.
In a 4-quart heavy-bottomed pot, combine the lentils, 6 cups water, cinnamon stick, bay leaf, garlic cloves, ginger slices, and turmeric.
Bring to a boil.
Cover, lower heat,.and simmer gently until tender, about 30 to 45... - 46.5484
Lentil Recipes By Category