- » Lentil
The lentils (or dal as they are referred to in Indian cuisine) belong to the legume family. They are an important part of the Indian cuisine. With several varieties of lentils available they are a very versatile ... More »
Easy Moroccan Lentils
This wonderful video for Moroccan style lentils re is a flavorful treat specially during winters. This dish can be served as an appetizer or a main dish, either way this simple dish would surely warm you up this winter. This video is very impressive, well... - 133.049
Lentil With Baked Eggs In Ramekin
Explore the world of vegetable protein with this simple recipe, Lentil baked in Ramekin. Lentils are good source of protein and fiber. For those who want to switch over to vegetable proteins for health reasons, this dish is an obvious choice, it nourishes one... - 130.334
Spicy Whole Green Grams
Lentil dishes are nutritious and filling and here is an Indian recipe to make one. Watch chef Aarsi showing how to make Mung Bean lentils or green gram with vegetables and spicy seasonings. Good to have with rotis or rice! - 127.549
Lentil Cucumber Salad With Lemon And Mustard Dressing
All cool summer salad. This video sure shows a flavorful way to serve a salad that is so pretty and refreshing. Quick, easy and light, this salad uses lentil, olive and cucumber along with a dazzling dressing made with lemon. It brings out a great taste to... - 126.91
Indian Lentil And Vegetable Soup
Want a vegetarian protein rich soup for your diet? Chef Manjula has a lentil and vegetable soup from Indian cuisine. She uses a pressure cooker for quick boiling. The best part of the recipe is its seasoning; using whole cumin seeds gives a nice flavor to... - 124.535
Arabian Eggplant And Lentil Stew
This stew makes a perfect vegan meal on a cold wintry day and has the hearty flavors and soulful aromas of comfort food. Watch the video to learn how to make this stew made with green lentils and roasted eggplant and flavored with spicy tomato gravy. Serve it... - 123.494
Dal is a popular Indian dish and you can also learn how to make this dish from chef Belucci by watching this video. The chef not only prepares delicious dal but also makes Indian bread that is usually served with the lentil curry. - 116.046
Spicy And Warming Lentils
Nothing like a warm bowl of lentils to go with your rice! It’s an easy dish brimming with flavors! See the video to make a hearty bowl of dhal! - 107.547
Indian Black Lentil Soup
Vegetarians can stop complaining now. We have one helluva soup here! The Black Lentil Soup is a healthy, tasty and flavorsome Indian dish. It can be eaten as a soup or as a stew with several side dishes. Watch and learn this recipe from this video. Enjoy! - 104.996
Vegan Tabouli And Lentil Salad
Vegan Tabouli and Lentil Salad is an exotic combination of delectable ingredients. The fresh vegetables are indeed the stars of this salad. The lemon olive dressing gives that extra kick. Watch and learn how to make this salad from this video. Bon Appétit! - 103.04
Red Lentils With Tofu
Red Lentils with Tofu is superb. The quick-cooking lentils are a great source of protein and fiber. These red lentils are immersed in a delicious tomato puree with fragrant seasonings. Tofu has a sponge like ability to pick up the surrounding flavors and is... - 100.773
Creamy Lentil Soup
In this step-by-step video Christina makes a Creamy Lentil Soup, takes the mystery out of preparing artichokes and prepares a yummy combination cooked and raw salad featuring collard greens. Sit back and enjoy! - 100.628
Tasty Red Lentil And Mushroom Soup
In a mood of making a soup, then you must check this out. The Chef shows how to make this healthy soup. It's really delicious and easy to make. I'm sure your family and guests will love it. Don't forget to watch the video before trying it at home. - 98.797
Urbankitchen - Spicy Lentils
Spicy lentils are a great way to keep up with your protein requirement, if you are not very keen on meat. The spice level obviously depends on how much you can take. Take a look at this video and you will get an idea of how to put together a sumptuous lentil... - 97.1373
Slow Cooked Ham And Lentil Stew
Nothing like a great effortless meal that warms up your heart and doesn't call for a lot of efforts to prepare. This Slow cooked Ham and Lentil Stew is a similar dish. You put everything in your crock pot and do your stuff or snuggle in the bed and relax... - 92.8727
Lentil And Hot Dog Stew With Caramelized Onions
Hungry for nutrition? Try lentils they are full of minerals, vitamins and all the required nutrients. The combination of lentils with hot dog sounds interesting. This video shows how to make the dish in a very simple manner. You may wish to try it. - 91.27
Indian Lentils With Spinach Part 1 - Preparing The Lentils
Spinach is known for its health values and gets even better when cooked with lentils. Watch chef Aarsi as she shows how to cook spinach with lentils, masala and seasonings. In the video the chef begins with the preparation of lentils. Watch the following... - 85.4573
Arabic Mujadara is a pilaf made with lentils and burgul flavored with caramelized onions. Watch and learn this delicate side dish from this video. You will love it if you like Mediterranean flavors. Bon Appétit! - 83.9602
Ethiopian Style Lentil Stew
Want to try a spicy and flavorful stew recipe today? Here's one specially handcrafted for you. Watch the chef share his personal recipe to prepare this Ethiopian Style Lentil Stew that is sure to impress all. Treat your family to this gourmet delight today. - 82.5107
Yellow Lentil And Green Beans With Lemon
This simple, easy-to-make side borrows much of its basic earthy flavors from yellow lentils and green beans and lemon juice adds to the zesty tang of the dish. Thekel plays with different flavors to make this healthy dish yummy and tantalizing to the taste... - 69.6873
Zesty Orange Lentil Broth
This palate-pleasing, gut-appeasing broth is a beautiful amalgamation of citrusy flavors and lentils. This make ahead broth makes for satiating addition to your dinner table. Ready in flat 30 minutes, this dish is sure to become a family-favorite the moment... - 56.425
1)Make a coarse paste of first three ingredients and then add the powders and, with splashes.
2)In a wok, heat oil to smoking point.
3)In a pan, heat ghee and fry cumin. Add paste and cook for 10 minutes on low heat.
4)Remove from heat... - 50.854
Vegetarian Lentil Patties In A Pita
1.Take a medium mixing bowl and add in lentils, cracked wheat, lemon juice, scallion, bread crumbs, parsley, salt, pepper. Mix well.
2.Divide the mixture into 2 portions and make patties out of them.
3.Place the patties on non stick baking sheet.
4.... - 50.7615
1. In a large heavy skillet or stock pot, heat the oil over moderate heat
2. Add and sauté the onion, garlic and carrot just until vegetables are limp.
3. Add the remaining ingredients except for water and sauté lightly just until the flavors are... - 50.571
Baked Lentils With Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. In a shallow baking dish about 9 by 13 inches, add lentils, water, bay, salt, pepper, marjoram, sage, thyme, onions, garlic, and tomatoes.
3. Seal with a foil.
4. Bake for 30 minutes.
5. Uncover and add... - 49.5058
Kidney Bean And Lentil Soup With Sorrel
Kidney Bean And Lentil Soup With Sorrel is a yummy soup that is perfect to pep up an elaborate weekday dinner. This tasty soup is my husbands favorite and it doesnâ€™t take too much time to prepare it. Try this excellent Kidney Bean And Lentil Soup With... - 49.3117
Lentil Pourgouri - Cyprus Bulgur Pilaf
1.Take a large fry pan, heat oil in it and fry the lentils and allspice and cardamoms in it for 3-4 minutes.
2.Stir in 600 ml cold water and cook by simmering for 30 minutes after putting the lid on.
3.Stir in bulgar wheat and currants.
4.Add water if... - 49.2763
1. In a medium stock pot or saucepan, cover the lentil with double the amount of water and soak for a minimum of 2 hours.
2. If using brown rice, soak the rice with the lentils in the same pot.
3. Just before cooking, drain the water from the... - 49.2135
Rice And Brown Lentil Soup
1. In a large heavy bottomed saucepan or a stock pot, heat the oil over a medium flame.
2. When the oil is hot, add the mustard seed and wait till they begin to splutter.
3. Add the turmeric and curry powder and sauté for 30 seconds.
4. Further add... - 48.7425
Lentil And Spinach Lasagne
Cover the lentils with boiling water and leave for a couple of hours.
Drain, cover with fresh water, add the oil and cook in a pressure-cooker for 15 minutes, or in an ordinary saucepan for about 45 minutes.
Drain the lentils but save the liquid.
Puree the... - 48.6313
Green Lentil Soup
1) In lots of cold water, wash the lentils and drain thoroughly.
2) In a very large oven-safe bowl, combine the lentils, onion, celery and butter.
3) On high power, cook covered for 5 minutes, stirring in between.
4) To this, add the... - 48.6078
1) Rinse and soak the lentils in 5 cups of water overnight at room temperature.
2) In a large pot, bring the lentils, soaking water, 1 cup additional water, bay leaf and bouillon cubes to a boil, and cook on a medium heat for about 30... - 48.0607
Lentil Spaghetti Sauce
1) Use cooking spray to coat a Dutch oven.
2) Put onion, garlic and pepper in the Dutch oven and sautÃ© over moderate heat till the vegetables are tender.
3) Add the red pepper, broth, lentils and salt.
4) Bring the mixture to a boil.
5) Cover the... - 48.0088
Creamy Lentil Soup
Immerse the lentils in cold water for at least 30 minutes.
In a microwaveable dish, combine the lentils, potatoes, onions, carrots, garlic, bay leaf, chicken broth and pepper.
Cook on high heat for 10 minutes.
Stir well and continue cooking on... - 47.896
Creamed Red Lentil And Coconut Sauce
1. In a saucepan, heat oil, and fry the onion for about 3 minutes until they just soften.
2. In a bowl, add all spices with little water, and pour over onion, add garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
3. Add lentils and stir well, fry for a minute. Stir in... - 47.6236
Lemony Lentil Soup
The lemony lentil soup is a filling and refreshing soup made with red lentins. Flavored with lemon juice and garlic with fresh cilantro, this lemony lentil soup can cheer you out of your blue. Nutritious and fresh, the red lentil soup is cooked in chicken... - 47.4342
Lentil And Leek Burritos
1) In a skillet, heat oil and sautÃ© leeks for 5 to 6 minutes or until the leeks are tender.
2) Add in dried oregano, chilli powder, paprika cumin and pepper sauce, stirring constantly for 3 to 4 minutes
3) Mix in the lentils combine well.
4)... - 47.325
Creamy Puy Lentils
1. Put the lentils in a saucepan with plenty of cold water and bring to the boil.
2. Boil rapidly for 10 minutes, reduce the heat and simmer gently for a further 20 minutes until just tender. Drain well.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the dressing. Heat the oil in a... - 47.279
Skillet Lentils And Potatoes
1.Take a 10 inch nonstick skiller and add some oil in it.
2. Hea the oil and add in ham, onion, potato, garlic and stir fry over medium to high heat for about 2 to 3 minutes. Let the veggies brown slightly.
3.Add in the rest of the ingredients... - 47.2336
Microwave Cooked Split Pea And Lentil Soup
1) Into a 5-quart casserole, add in the bacon. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes, or till the bacon browns slightly.
2) Reserve 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat, discarding the rest.
3) Add in water, split peas, lentils, onion, garlic, salt,... - 47.1871
Armenian Lentil Patties
1. In a pot of warm water add lentils, garlic and onion.
2. Cover and cook for 25 minutes till the lentils are tender.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
4. Cover and simmer for 2 minutes on low heat.
6. Add pepper. Stir to mix... - 47.1771
Brown Rice Lentil And Mushroom Salad
1 Cook the lentils in plenty of boiling water for about 30-40 minutes or until they're just soft.
2 In another saucepan, melt the butter.
3 Stir in the rice to coat well.
4 Pour in the boiling water and stir once.
5 Cover and simmer gently... - 47.0445
Lentil And Courgette Souffle
Butter and lightly flour a 1.75 litre/3 pint souffle dish.
Sprinkle the salt on to the grated courgettes, let them drain about 30 minutes and press out all the liquid.
Puree two-thirds of the cooked lentils with the garlic, onion, yoghurt, cumin and most of... - 47.0307
Pork Tenderloin With Cider And Mustard Braised Lentils
1) Season the pork on both sides.
2) In a frying pan heat half olive oil over medium heat. Fry the pork on both sides for 5 minutes each side, until the pork becomes pink and moist at the middle. Keep it aside.
3) In a pan, heat up the... - 46.9951
Wash the lentils.
In a 4-quart heavy-bottomed pot, combine the lentils, 6 cups water, cinnamon stick, bay leaf, garlic cloves, ginger slices, and turmeric.
Bring to a boil.
Cover, lower heat,.and simmer gently until tender, about 30 to 45... - 46.9263
Herbed Lentil Vegetable Stew
In a saucepan combine lentils, the 4 cups water, undrained tomatoes, the onion, green pepper, celery, Worcestershire sauce, 2 teaspoons salt, thyme, oregano, and hot pepper sauce.
Bring mixture to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer for 30... - 46.9142
Lentil Soup With Rice And Apricots
1.Take a soup kettle, and heat oil in it.
2.Add the garlic and saute.
3.Toss in the onion,and saute till transparent
3.Add the rice and the pepper.Saute for a few minutes.
4.Add remaining ingredients except salt and pepper. Cook on low heat, for upto... - 46.9024
Red Lentil Salad With Red Peppers And Cucumbers
1. Rinse the lentils well.
2. In a cooking pot, boil water and add the lentils.
3. Cover the pot and reduce heat. Simmer 4 minutes. Do not overcook.
4. Pour cooked lentils in a strainer and rinse well. Remove all excess water from the water.
5. In a... - 46.8751
Potato And Lentil Goulash
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) In a pan, melt the butter and sautÃ© the onion until soft.
3) Stir in the tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and tomato puree into the onions.
4) Take the pan off the heat and blend in the sour cream and season to... - 46.8355
Lentils With Courgettes And Potatoes
1) Rinse the lentils and transfer into a large saucepan. Add enough water along with salt, pepper and bay leaves. Allow the mixture to boil. Cook on simmer for 5 minutes.
2) Drain the lentils and reserve the cooking liquid.
3) In a large saucepan,... - 46.7965
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a non-stick pan, heat oil and sate onions, pepper and garlic for 10 minutes or until wilted.
3) Add the lentils, tomato juice, stock, parsley, chilli powder, raisins, molasses, soy sauce, cumin, red... - 46.73
1) In a large pot,cover lentils with 4 cups of water.
2) Allow to boil and cook for an hour.
3) Now add potatoes and carrots.
4) Cook further for 20 minutes or until vegetables are just cooked through.
5) Blend the oil and the flour... - 46.676
Braised Umbrian Lentils
Place lentils, onion, sage, rosemary and salt in a large heavy-based pot.
Cover with 3 litres (5 pints) cold water.
Bring to a boil over a medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
Simmer gently until tender, 15-20 minutes.
Bring water with lentils to a... - 46.6223
1) In a large, deep saucepan, heat 3/4 cup of the oil over moderate-low heat.
2) As soon as the oil gets heated up, add the sliced onions and cook, mixing till they become soft and translucent.
3) Into the pan, now add the cinnamon, lentils, and ginger... - 46.5948
Creamy Lentil Soup
Blend onion in blender container till finely chopped.
Rinse lentils; drain.
Place in saucepan.
Add onion and next 6 ingredients.
Cover and simmer 1 hour.
Remove bay leaf.
Blend mixture in blender container till pureed; return to saucepan.
Add milk; heat and... - 46.5353
Lentil Soup With Spaghetti
Lentil Soup With Spaghetti recipe serves the dual purpose of an appetizer and a complete meal by itself. - 46.5279
Vegan Lentil And Tofu Bolognese
1. In a saucepan, heat some oil and fry the onions for about 3 minutes, stir in mushrooms and garlic and saute for another 5 minutes.
2. Stir in lentils, mix well and saute for another 2 minutes. Keep on stirring to avoid the burning.
3. In a bowl,... - 46.526
Lentil & Bulgur Pilaf
In a small pan, combine lentils and 2 cups water.
Bring to a boil over high heat; then reduce heat, cover, and continue boiling gently until tender.
Drain; season to taste with salt.
Melt butter in a wide frying pan over low heat.
Add onion, bell pepper,... - 46.5159
Barley Lentil & Eggplant Casserole
Spray 2 shallow rimmed baking pans with cooking spray.
Spread eggplant cubes evenly in pans; spray with cooking spray.
Bake eggplant in a 425° oven, turning with a spatula several times, until well browned and soft when pressed (30 to 35 minutes).
Meanwhile,... - 46.416
Whole Green Lentils With Meat
1) In a large saucepan, heat the oil over moderate-low heat.
2) When the oil is hot, add the onion, cinnamon, and caraway seeds and cook, mixing once in a while, until the onion starts to brown.
3) Now add the lentils and allow them to cook for about... - 46.3871
Partridge With Lentils
1 Clean the partridges throughly and prepare them.
2 Sprinkle some salt and pepper into the cavities of the birds.
3 In an ovenproof casserole, add butter and olive oil along with salt pork, onion and carrots and saute the birds.
4 Cook until... - 46.2644
Split Peas And Lentils
In 3-quart casserole, combine all ingredients, except potato and carrot.
Microwave at High for 40 minutes, stirring twice.
Add potato and carrot.
Microwave at High for 10 to 15 minutes longer, or until vegetables are tender,... - 46.1331
Barley Lentil & Eggplant Casserole
Cut eggplants into 3/4-inch cubes and distribute equally in 2 baking pans, each 10 by 15 inches.
Mix equal portions of oil with eggplant.
Bake in a 425° oven until very soft when pressed, about 40 minutes.
Every 15 minutes, turn eggplant with a spatula and... - 46.1316
1) Put lentils in colander and rinse under cold water.
2) Strip onion and cut into quarter.
3) Peel carrot and cut crosswise into 4 pieces.
4) Double up a cheesecloth and put bay leaf, thyme, and 2 sprigs parsley and tie.
5) Core, halve, and... - 46.011
Herbed Lentils And Rice
1. Preheat oven to 350°
1. In a 1 1/2 quart casserole mix all the ingredients. Do not include the cheese strips.
2. Cover. Bake for 90 minutes at 350° till rice and lentils are well cooked.
3. Stir so that the ingredients do not... - 45.9486
Spicy Sausages With Lentils
1) In a saucepan, place the lentils with water.
2) Heat the lentil mixture to the boil and cook for about 20 minutes or until soft.
3) Pour off the water and reserve.
4) In a non-stick pan, heat oil and saute the onion, sausage, tomato puree and... - 45.9333
Indian Style Lentil Meatballs
1) Into a saucepan, add in the lentils. Cover them with enough water and let boil.
2) Cover and cook on low flame for 15 minutes.
3) In a large bowl, add in the minced beef. Next, add in the onions and chillies alongwith the cumin, salt and pepper.
4)... - 45.8937
Spicy Lentil Curry
In a heavy saucepan, heat lentils and water over medium-high heat.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat.
Simmer, partially covered, 45 to 50 minutes, or until lentils are tender, occasionally skimming off the foam.
Stir to prevent sticking.
In a nonstick... - 45.8754
Ricotta Chicken Pockets With Braised Lentils
1. In a bowl, mix together the spinach, ricotta, Parmesan cheese and nutmeg.
2. Using a sharp knife, make a deep slit through the thicker side of each chicken breast to make a pocket. Spoon in the ricotta mixture.
2. Using the back of a knife,... - 45.8082
Oven Potato Sausage Lentil Stew
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2. Rinse lentil and set aside.
3. Combine with potato sausage or Polish sausage, and carrots.
4. Add the 3 cups water; bring it to boil in a saucepan.
5. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 30... - 45.7474
Mutton Do Pyaz With Lentils
1. Wash and cut up meat into 5 cm. (2") pieces.
2. Crush well half the onions, garlic and cumin. Grind red chillies fine.
3. Mix with salt and curds.
4. Rub curd mixture well into the meat and leave for half an hour.
5. Heat fat and fry remaining onions... - 45.7175
1) Take a skillet and heat oil in it. Add onion and cook until golden brown in color.
2) Add mushroom and garlic. Stir thoroughly.
3) Add cumin and barley. Stir again.
4) Add lemon juice, salt and pepper.
5) Stir in water and lentils.
6) Cover and... - 45.7152
Lentil And Mushroom Burgers
Lentil and mushroom burgers are vegetarian burgers cooked with lentils and cous cous. Cooked and blended with mushrooms and onions with a hint of garlic along with bread crumbs the lentil burgers can be served on kaiser rolls with mustard as a full meal. - 45.6807
Lentil And Vegetable Stew
1) In a saucepan, boil 2-1/2 C water to cook the lentils for 1 hour until almost soft.
2) Place potatoes, zucchini, carrots, celery into the lentil.
3) Season with mineral salt and pepper to taste.
4) Cook for another 20 minutes and add water if... - 45.6119
Saucy Lentils N' Potatoes
1) In a 1-quart ovenproof shallow casserole, mix together the water and chicken broth mix. Mix well to dissolve.
2) To this, add the potatoes.
3) With a vented plastic wrap, cover the casserole.
4) On high power, microwave this mixture for 5... - 45.6029
Smoked Turkey And Lentil Soup
Melt the butter in a large saucepan.
Add the carrot, onion, leek, celery, and mush rooms.
Cook until golden, 3-5 minutes.
Stir in the wine and chicken stock.
Bring to a boil and skim off with a spoon any foam that rises to the surface.
Add the thyme and bay... - 45.58
Boiled Streaky Bacon With Puy Lentils
Put the bacon in a large flameproof casserole or pan.
Cover with water and bring to the boil.
As soon as it is boiling, take the pan off the heat and carefully drain away the water.
This will help reduce saltiness.
Return the pan to the heat and cover the... - 45.5216
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 325 degrees.
2) In three times their own volume of water, cook the lentils. This should take about 15 minutes.
3) In the oil, fry the garlic and chopped onion and as soon as they are cooked, add the... - 45.516
1) Roast peanuts and make a coarse powder.
2) Soak tamarind with about ½ cup of water and make pulp.
3) Now, cook dal with turmeric until dal is almost done.
4) Add the peanut powder, tamarind pulp, jiggery, salt and cook dal until fully done.
5)... - 45.4677
Easy Pureed Lentils
1) In a 3-quart saucepan, add water, lentils, bay leaves, onion, garlic, carrots, celery, parsley, raisins, chili and cumin powder. Let the broth come to a boil.
2) Once boiling, lower the flame, and cook for about 45 minutes.
3) If the contents start... - 45.4335
Potato And Lentil Pie
1) Soak the lentils overnight.
2) Rinse them.
3) Peel potatoes, and boil or steam.
4) Butter a pie dish.
5) Simmer the lentils with the onion in the water until tender.
6) Drain the mixture.
7) Mix well with the cheese, parsley, meat... - 45.4272
Baked Curried Sea Bass With Lentils
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Cook lentils along with bay leaf in 3 cups boiling water in a saucepan for 40 to 45 minutes.
3. Take off from heat, cool partially, drain excess water, and stir in Cajun seasoning.
4. In olive oil, saute... - 45.3825
Pea Soup With Red Lentils And Barley
1.Take a soup kettle, add all the ingredients except the seasoning.
2.Bring to a boil, cover and simmer on gentle heat for upto 2 hours
3.Check if lentils and peas are tender.
5.Serve hot. - 45.3051
1. Preheat oven to 300°
2. In a dutch oven add oil and saute garlic and onions. Saute til they are tender.
3. Add the next 6 ingredients.
4. Mix boiling water and cover the ingredients totally.
5. Cover and bake for 6-8 hours at... - 45.2188
Lemony Lentil Soup
Rinse lentils; sort through and discard any foreign material.
Combine lentils and stock in an 8 quart pan; cover and bring to simmering.
Peel potato and cut into 1/2 inch cubes; add to lentils.
Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
chop chard and add... - 45.2188
Potato And Lentil Goulash
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C), Gas Mark 5.
2) Wash the potatoes and cut into thick slices.
3) Use an ovenproof dish to grease.
4) In a pan add butter to melt on medium heat.
5) Add the onions to fry lightly.
6) Add tomato,... - 45.2052
Lentil Soup With Brown Rice
1.Choose a soup kettle, and add the lentils,rice, water,garlic,herbs and all vegetables except the shredded leaves.
2.Bring this mix to a boil, which may take an hour.
3.Once the rice is soft and lentils are tender, add the seasoning.
4.Take off the... - 45.0853
Lentil Pasticcio is an irresistible side dish recipe. An easy to prepare baked recipe, Lentil Pasticcio is a dish that you will love to talk about with us. - 45.0572
Megadarra Rice And Lentils
1. Wash the rice and lentils and stir into the boiling water. .
2. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil, chili and salt.
3. Boil the mixture and then reduce the heat to low.
4. Add remaining oil to the skillet and set it at high heat.
5. Stir in onions, and allow... - 45.0414
Lentil Soup With Lemon
Place lentils in a large pan with the water, bacon, onion, parsley, garlic, carrot, celery, salt, and oregano.
Cover and simmer 1 1/2 hours.
Add tomato juice, lemon juice, and wine.
Cook just until all ingredients are soft.
Puree in blender or food processor... - 44.9909
Tuna Lentil Creole
1) In a medium saucepan, add lentils and water enough to cover them and 2 teaspoons of the salt. Bring to a quick boil.
2) Then, cover the pan and cook on medium heat for 1 1/2 hours. Drain water and set aside.
3) In a large saucepan melt butter and... - 44.8696
Braised Cabbage And Lentils
Combine the lentils, water and 1 teaspoon of the salt in a saucepan over medium heat.
Bring just to a simmer, then adjust the heat so the lentils barely simmer, cover partially and cook until just tender, 25-30 minutes.
Drain well; set aside.
Cut the cabbage... - 44.7762
Buckwheat And Red Lentil Bake
1. Set the oven at gas mark 5, 375°F (190°C) and heat for some time.
2. Take a saucepan and add buckwheat, lentils, and pour boiling water over it. Boil the mixture and keep it covered.
3. Simmer for about 8-10 minutes until the... - 44.6943
Pea Or Lentil Soup
Rinse the peas or the lentils under running water.
Soak them over night in 2 litres (4 pints) of water to which the salt has been added.
Dice the pork fat and melt in frying pan.
Roughly cut the carrot, onion, celery and leeks.
Place in work bowl and process... - 44.676
Spicy Lentil Salad
Combine ingredients for dressing in a bowl and whisk well.
Wash dal and drain.
Boil water in a pan over high heat.
Add dal, bring to boil, lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes till grains are tender yet separate.
Place dal in a bowl and pour... - 44.6638
One Pot Beef And Lentil Supper
1. In a 5- to 6-quart Dutch oven crumble beef.
2. Cook on medium heat till the meat is browned.
3. Add onions. Cook till they are limp.
4. Spoon the fat from beef and discard.
5. Combine the next 7 ingredients.
6. Simmer till lentils get... - 44.5944
1) Place a large frying pan over moderate heat and sauté the onions, garlic and celery in the oil for 5 minutes.
2) Add the chilli powder, lentils, cumin and oregano and stir well.
3) Cook the mixture for about 1 minute and then add the raisin and... - 44.5799
Lentil Recipes By Category