- » Lemon Currant Square
Lemon Currant Square Recipes
Enjoy our collection of lemon currant square recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for lemon currant square recipes.
Currant squares are a nice way to highlight your baking skills. This recipe is rather simple but wins hearts and impresses people right away. You too will like this recipe and the squares at once. - 46.2345
Beat the egg whites until stiff and set them aside.
In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar, beaten egg yolks, almonds, lemon rind, and flour.
Fold in the stiffly beaten egg whites.
Pour the mixture into a greased baking pan, spreading it about 1/2 inch... - 32.0573
Currant Cheesecake Bars
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Grease 9-inch square baking pan.
Beat butter in medium bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth.
Add flour, brown sugar and pecans; beat at low speed until well blended.
Press mixture into bottom and partially up sides of... - 45.9805
Mexican Cheese Squares
This Mexican Cheese Squares is simple yet amazingly delicious. The dish is an absolute treat for your taste buds. You just have to prepare the Mexican Cheese Squares! - 46.2574
Rich Banbury Tarts
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2) Combine all the ingredients leaving the bottom 3 and mix well.
3) Roll out the Nonsweet French Pastry to 1/8-inch thickness and cut out 4-inch squares.
4) Spoon about 1 tablespoon of filling over each... - 43.6519
Put all ingredients in blender container.
Blend till ingredients are combined and orange peel is finely chopped.
Pour into saucepan; cook and stir till mixture is thickened and bubbly.
Cook 1 to 2 minutes longer.
Serve sauce hot or cold with meat or poultry. - 37.1262
Wash currants, add apples and 1/2 cup cold water.
Cook slowly, till currants and apples are soft, add lemon.
Then add sugar, spices, cornstarch and lastly a large lump of butter.
Cool off and bake in Crisco pie crust.
Quick oven for 20 minutes to 1/2 hour. - 33.6583
Preheat oven to 450 Â°F.
Divide pastry in half; roll each half thinly into a square.
Place 1 square onto baking sheet.
Melt butter in pan.
Add all other ingredients; mix well.
Spread evenly on pastry square to within 3/4 inch of edge.
Moisten edge; place... - 38.9546
Drain peaches, reserving 1 /4 cup syrup.
Combine egg and reserved syrup; add biscuit mix.
Beat well for 1 minute; spread in greased 10x6x1 1/2-inch baking dish.
Arrange peaches on batter; sprinkle with lemon juice.
Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Combine flour,... - 47.437
About 4 hours before serving: In saucepan, combine pudding mix, 1/3 cup granulated sugar and 1/4 cup cold water.
Stir in egg yolks and 2 cups cold water; cook as label directs.
Beat egg whites until foamy; add 1/4 cup granulated sugar, one tablespoon at a... - 36.7614
Mazurkas With Fruit And Nut Topping
Prepare and bake mazurkas as directed.
Do not cut into squares.
For fruit filling, combine apricots and raisins in a saucepan.
Bring to boiling.
Cover; remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes.
Drain raisins and apricots.
Combine with other fruits... - 41.4325
1. In a bowl, mix together confectioner's sugar, blackcurrant juice, lemon juiec and water
2. Whip the cream till thick; reserve a quarter cup of it and beat the rest of it with the black currant mixture
3. Pour it into a freezer tray and freeze fro... - 31.5984
Danish Apple Dessert
Line 9-inch square pan with plastic wrap.
Melt margarine in large skillet.
Add zwieback crumbs, sugar and cinnamon; stir over medium heat until crumbs are toasted.
In medium bowl, combine applesauce and lemon juice.
Spoon 1/3 of crumbs evenly over bottom of... - 43.4311
Very Berry Sorbet
In medium saucepan, mix unflavored gelatine with sugar; blend in water.
Let stand 1 minute.
Stir over low heat until gelatine is completely dissolved, about 5 minutes.
Let cool to room temperature; stir in remaining ingredients.
Pour into 9-inch square baking... - 34.8958
Half Pound Cake
Prepare and mix ingredients as in Method for Fruit Cake .
Fill into 8 in. round or square cake tin lined with 1 thickness white paper and 2 thicknesses brown.
Bake in slow oven, Mark 2, 300°F., approx. 3 hours. - 32.1
Agro Dolce Sauce
Agro Dolce Sauce is a typical Italian preparation of sweet and sour sauce. This makes for a delicious base to prepare other sauces or can also be served hot with vegetable dishes that need gravy or sauces. - 35.7633
I'm Late I'm Late Carrot Cake
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly coat bottom of 8 X 8 X 2-inch square cake pan or 9-inch round layer-cake pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line bottom of pan with waxed paper. Lightly coat paper and sides of pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Spread grated... - 41.6617
Blushing Apple Tart
Early on day:
1. Prepare piecrust mix as package label directs; then, on floured cookie sheet, roll it out into about 13-by-10-inch rectangle; to form tart sides, turn about 1/2 inch of pastry edge under, then press folded edges up so they stand about 1/2... - 41.8806
Eggless Christmas Cake
1. Place the sultanas, raisins, currants, cherries and peel in a bowl and stir in the apple juice. Cover and leave to soak overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 150°C/300°F/ Gas 2. Grease and line an 18 cm / 7 in square cake tin.
3. Add the hazelnuts, pumpkin... - 40.9082
Walnut Meringue Bars
Cream butter with 1/2 cup sugar.
Add egg yolk and salt; mix well.
Add flour; blend thoroughly.
Pat mixture into 10 x 15-inch rectangle on cookie sheet.
Spread jelly over dough to within 1/4 inch of edge.
Beat egg whites until foamy; beat in remaining sugar... - 38.265
Swedish Apple Cake
1. Crush zwieback fine. (You will have about 2 1/2 cups.) Toss with melted butter or margarine in a large bowl. Measure out 1 cup of the mixture; press into 9x9x2-inch baking dish.
2. Stir lemon rind into applesauce in a medium-size bowl; spread half over... - 35.3766
Dolmas With Chard Leaves
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Trim tough stalks from the chard leaves.
3) Cut through the central rib that extend into the leaf without cutting the leaves in half.
2) In a shallow pan put pine nuts and toast them for approximately... - 45.4314
Quarter Pound Cake
Prepare and mix ingredients as directed in Method for Fruit Cakes on this .
Fill into 6 in. round or square cake tine lined with 1 thickness of white paper and 1 thickness of brown paper.
Bake in slow oven, Mark 2, 300°F., approx. hours - 31.6515
One And A Half Pound Cake
Fill mixture into round or square 12 in.cake tin lined with one thickness white paper and two thicknesses brown paper.
Bake in slow oven, Mark 1, 275°F., about 6 to 6 1/2 hours - 30.7518
Very Berry Sorbet
1. In medium saucepan, mix unflavored gelatine with sugar and blend in water.
2. Let stand 1 minute.
3. Stir over low heat until gelatine is completely dissolved, about 5 minutes.
4. Let cool to room temperatureand stir in remaining ingredients.
5.... - 40.3584
Brown Sugar Fruit Cake
1. Start oven, set at Moderate, 325° F. Rub a 9-inch deep square baking pan with margarine or shortening; line with heavy waxed paper and rub the paper with margarine or shortening.
2. Beat the butter or margarine until soft; gradually add the sugar and beat... - 38.6547
1. In a saucepan soak the dried fruit in the cider for at least 3 hours, or, if possible, overnight.
2. Let the oven heat to 325°F (170°C/Gas 3) thereafter grease and line a 20 cm (8 in) square tin.
3. In the saucepan, let the cider and... - 46.9659
1. Pre-heat oven at 350° C.
2. In a bowl, mix butter and sugar. Blend it well.
3. Break the eggs in the same bowl and beat it well.
4. In another bowl, sieve flour and mix baking powder to it.
5. Add it to the egg mixture, little by... - 48.9917
Prince Albert's Cakes
Prince Albert's Cakes is delicious dessert that is definitely going to be a winner! The aroma of this dessert is all it take to get your mouth watering! Try these yummy Prince Albert's Cakes! - 51.4509
Vegan Nut Cake
Sift the flour and mixed spices into a bowl, add in the bran left in the sieve.
Rub the margarine into the flour until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
Stir in the sugar, dried fruits, mixed peels, cherries, orange zest and the ground and blanched almonds.
Warm... - 45.4587
Malvern Apple Pudding
1. Grease a 1 litre pudding mold with oil or butter. Cut a square of greaseproof paper to cover bottom of mold so that the pudding can be demolded easily.
2. Cut a piece of foil to cover the mold when steaming the pudding.
3. In a... - 47.3485
1) Into a very large bowl, sift the flour, salt, allspice, baking powder, ginger and nutmeg.
2) Add all the remaining ingredients one at a time and stir well.
3) Butter a regular mold or a 2-quart pudding mold. Pour the mixture into it.
4) With a... - 45.8161
Eggless Cherry Fruit Cake
This rich cherry and fruit cake is subtly flavored with lemon and orange. It is the perfect dessert pick for any occasion, especially during the holiday season! - 52.6647
Dark Christmas Fruit Cake
1. Line 10-inch tube pan or six 5 3/4" by 3 1/4" loaf pans with foil. In large bowl, combine first 9 ingredients, and toss lightly with 1 cup flour until fruits and nuts are evenly coated.
2. In another large bowl, with mixer at high speed, beat egg whites... - 39.1331
Grans Traditional Christmas Cake
Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
Cream butter and sugar until smooth.
Add eggs one at a time and beat mixture for 5 minutes.
Add fruits, allspice, rum, vanilla and milk.
Lastly add flour sifted together with baking powder and blend.
Spoon mixture into a 9... - 43.8715
Spiced Wedding Cake
1. Beat the butter, margarine or shortening until soft, or melt the suet; gradually add the brown sugar and beat until creamy; add the molasses slowly and beat well. Add the egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
2. Sift 4 cups of the... - 41.1703
Veal Scallops With Pears
Place pieces of veal well apart on plastic wrap; sprinkle with sage.
Cover with another sheet of plastic wrap, then pound with a flat-surfaced mallet until 1/16 inch thick; veal pieces will approximately triple in size.
Coat veal with flour and shake off... - 40.7427