- » Leek Broth
Leek Broth Recipes
Enjoy our collection of leek broth recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for leek broth recipes.
Carrots And Leeks Scotch Broth
1. ln a 6-quart Dutch oven or stockpot, bring the water, lamb, leeks, carrots, yellow turnip, celery, split peas, barley, salt, and pepper to a boil over moderately high heat. Lower the heat and simmer, covered, for 1 1/2 hours or until the lamb and split... - 31.6654
Wash leeks and cut into 1 inch pieces.
Melt butter in cooker; saute the leeks.
Add the chopped onions.
When leeks are soft, add broth and salt.
Close cover of cooker and put pressure control in place.
When pressure is reached, cook for 3 minutes.
Cool cooker... - 33.5852
Cream Of Potato & Leek Soup
Prepare Meat Broth.
Peel and chop potatoes.
Trim ends and tough outside leaves from leeks.
Cut leeks lengthwise through to center.
Wash under cold running water, pulling layers apart so grit is removed.
Slice into rounds.
Put potatoes and leeks into a medium... - 42.4093
Potato Leek Soup
1. Place the potatoes in a 4-quart electric slow cooker. Sprinkle on the flour and toss well. Add the chicken broth, mixing well. Stir in the leeks and 3 tablespoons of the fresh dill or 1 1/2 tablespoons of the dried.
2. Cover and cook on the low heat... - 27.2012
Classic Leek And Potato Soup
Wash the leeks very thoroughly and discard the tough part of the green tops.
Cut in thin slices and and again rinse, draining well.
Cook in the butter until soft.
Add diced potatoes, water or chicken broth, and simmer for 40 minutes.
Add cream and salt and... - 30.4909
Summer Squash Soup With Leeks
1 ln a large heavy saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over moderately low heat. Add the leeks, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until softened.
Add the potatoes, stock, herbs, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil. Adjust the heat... - 34.3493
Wash leeks well, put in a medium-size saucepan with a little water and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until soft.
Drain leeks and allow to cool slightly.
In a blender or food processor puree leeks with broth.
Spoon puree into a fondue pot and place over medium... - 33.082
Cock A Leekie Or Cockleleekie
Soak the prunes 12 hr.
In 1/2 pt. water.
Clean the fowl and truss It, wash the giblets, scald and skin the feet.
Put the fowl, giblets and sufficient cold water to cover them in a pan, bring very slowly to simmering point, add 2 teasp salt.
Wash and trim the... - 29.6402
1. In a large skillet, arrange the leeks and cover with water or broth.
2. Cover pan with lid and place on a medium low flame.
3. Simmer leeks for 5minutes until tender-crisp.
4. Drain liquid and add butter, salt, and pepper to taste and toss well
5.... - 33.4526
Pressed Leek Terrine
Trim root ends and tops from leeks, leaving only about 1 inch of dark green leaves; save 10 tender green inner leaves from leek tops.
Cut leeks in half lengthwise; rinse under running water, gently separating layers to remove any dirt.
Rinse reserved inner... - 30.9567
Country Style Potato Leek Soup
In a large pot melt the butter over medium heat.
Add the leeks and cook for 5 to 8 minutes, or until wilted.
Add the potatoes, broth, and wine.
Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the potatoes are... - 33.4049
Leeks Au Gratin
Prepare leeks for cooking whole.
Divide into 2 portions and tie each into a bunch, securing it with string near both ends.
Boil or steam.
Drain well and snip off string; arrange leeks in a shallow baking dish.
Melt butter in a small pan over medium... - 38.6379
Creamy Potato Leek Soup
Want to make a soothing comfort soup on a cold chilly day. Watch this great video to prepare an awesome potato leek soup at home. The chef makes this easy soup that is not too heavy and nor too light. It's just right for you to enjoy! - 143.76
Delightful Leek Soup
Nothing could be more filling and comforting than homemade soup. Keeping that in mind, Chef Keith Snow stirs up a pot of tantalizing leek soup that apart from offering you a wealth of nutrients, is also dense in flavor, texture and taste too. Prepare a big... - 106.313
Cock A Leekie Soup
You won't believe that you can make such a delicious Cock A Leekie Soup with so few ingredients. I was surprised at how good this Cock A Leekie Soup was, for all the simple ingredients. Wow, a great soup! - 34.1037
Vichyssoise Using Heavy Cream
This Vichyssoise tastes terrific ! Try out this Vichyssoise for your dinner tonight and tell me if yu've enjoyed it ! Your suggestions are most welcome ! - 35.263
Peel and dice the potatoes.
Clean, wash, and cut the leeks into thick strips.
Simmer the meat stock, and add the diced potatoes to it, and cook it for 15 minutes.
Add the leeks.
Simmer 5 more minutes, taking care that the leeks remain firm.
Salt and pepper to... - 37.2583
Place onion, potatoes, leeks, broth, and white pepper in a large, heavy soup pot.
Cover and bring to a boil.
Lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Transfer to a food processor or blender and puree.
Stir in scallion and parsley.
Serve. - 40.3144
Sherried Leek Soup
In 2-quart casserole, combine butter, leeks, 1/4 cup broth, salt and pepper.
Microwave at High for 7 to 13 minutes, or until leeks are tender, stirring once.
In 1-quart casserole, combine potatoes and 1/4 cup broth.
Microwave at High... - 44.586
Lemon And Leek Pasta
Lemon and leek pasta is a nice variation for your appetite. You don't need a bunch of ingredients for cooking this, so it is much easier to prepare. When you have the basic ingredients ready, it takes a maximum of 15 minutes to get this dish ready-to-serve on... - 101.965
Cucumber Leek Soup
1. In 2-quart microwave-safe casserole, combine broth, water, cucumber and leek. Cover with lid; microwave on high 8 minutes or until boiling.
2. With slotted spoon, remove vegetables to blender or food processor. Add 1/2 cup of the broth mixture, parsley,... - 29.5942
Crumb Topped Leeks
1) Preheat the oven to moderate 350°F.
2) Lightly grease 2-quart baking dish.
3) Prepare the leeks by, cutting of green leaves and the root end.
4) Cut lengthwise to within 1 inch of root end.
6) In a bowl, soak the leeks in water and wash well... - 45.0384
Cream Of Leek Soup
Heat the butter in a medium saucepan and saute the leeks and onions until tender but not browned.
Add the stock, Worcestershire, salt, pepper, and cream.
Heat the soup through.
Thicken if desired with a cornstarch-and-water mixture.
Pour the soup through a... - 30.6624
Broccoli Leek Soup
Heat the olive oil in a large stockpot.
Add the leeks and saute for about 5 minutes, until they are lightly browned.
Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
Add the broccoli and bring back to a boil, then immediately reduce the heat and simmer for 15... - 45.515
Pot Au Feu With Bonus Broth
1 Trim all fat from roast; place roast in a kettle. Add water, onion, garlic, beef broth or bouillon cubes, and salt. Tie parsley, bay leaf, peppercorns, and thyme in a small cheesecloth bag; add to kettle.
2 Heat to boiling; cover. Simmer 2 hours. Add... - 34.2618
Potato And Leek Soup
1.Take a 3 quart microwavable casserole and add in margarine and leeks. Mix well and microwave covered for 5 minutes on high 100%. Stir every 3 minutes until leeks turn translucent.
2.Now, add in the milk, broth mix and microwave uncovered for 4... - 34.0574
Asparagus With Leeks
Wash and trim asparagus and put in saucepan with leeks.
Add broth and cook until asparagus is tender.
In another saucepan, melt butter and blend in next 3 ingredients.
Remove from heat.
Drain liquid from vegetables and add to butter mixture.
Cook, stirring,... - 33.0543
Rich Leek Quiche
1) Thaw pastry.
2) Preheat the oven to 425°.
3) Trim leeks, cut into 1 inch lengths.
4) Blanch in boiling water for 5 minutes, then drain thoroughly.
5) In a skillet, melt butter and fry the leeks for 5 minutes.
6) Sprinkle with flour... - 41.1168
Leek And Potato Soup
1) In a Dutch oven, cook bacon on medium heat for 5 minutes.
2) Add leeks and onion and saute for 5 minutes.
3) Decrease the heat and add flour. Stir until smooth.
4) Slowly mix broth and stirring constantly, cook until thickened.
5) Stir in potatoes,... - 45.2022
Combine the leeks and the broth in a pan.
Bring to boil over high heat.
Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about fifteen minutes.
Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat the yogurt with the egg until well blend ed.
Gradually stir in one or two large spoonfuls of the... - 37.0412
Vichyssoise Seasoned With Leeks
Blender chop potatoes and leek in chicken broth.
Pour into a saucepan and cook potatoes at low heat until tender.
Put remaining ingredients, except cream, into the Osterizer container, add cooked mixture, cover and process at LIQUEFY until smooth.
Pour into... - 30.9052
Leek Soup has a smooth taste. The chicken broth adds a taste to Leek Soup. Leek soup is an easy to prepare dish. - 40.8715
Pepper And Leek Soup
1) In a 1-quart ovenproof casserole, add bell peppers, leeks, jalapeno pepper, butter, and garlic. Mix well.
2) With a vented plastic wrap, cover the casserole.
3) On high power, microwave for 6 minutes. Stir once, halfway through cooking for easier... - 43.0489
Cut the bacon into 1 inch pieces.
Trim the beef and cut into chunks.
Melt the butter in a large saucepan and fry the bacon and beef for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, trim and slice the leek.
Peel the potatoes, carrots, parsnips and rutabaga.
Cut into chunks.
Add... - 46.5663
Oxtail Leek Stew
Combine flour, 2 teaspoons salt, and dash pepper.
Coat oxtails with flour mixture.
In large Dutch oven, brown oxtails in hot shortening, turning often; drain off fat.
Add onion, tomato, the quartered carrot, turnip, garlic, parsley, and bay leaf.
Stir in... - 39.0078
Potato Leek Soup
Slice the leeks in half lengthwise and rinse very well between all layers.
Cut into very thin slices and pat dry.
In a large skillet or Dutch oven, melt 2 tablespoons butter and cook the leeks.
Add diced potatoes and chicken broth.
Simmer, covered, about 30... - 30.3012
Farm Style Leek Soup
1. In a large saucepan, melt the butter or margarine over low heat.
2. Add the leek, onion, and garlic and sauté for 15 minutes, stirring often until soft and golden.
3. Stir in the stock and bring to a gentle simmer.
4. Cover pan and simmer for 30... - 44.219
Spring Vegetable Broth
Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the celery, leeks and carrot.
Cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes.
Stir in the pearl barley and stock, season to taste and simmer for 20 minutes.
Add the mangetout and simmer for 10 minutes.
Ladle into warmed soup bowls... - 35.7435
The Housekeeper's Broth (potage 'bonne Femme')
Chop two leeks finely; fry them lightly on a gentle heat in a little fat; add a small cabbage, diced, stir with a spoon so that the moisture from the cabbage evaporates, then moisten with some vegetable stock; add two or three slices of potato and cook for... - 14.4681