- » Leek Broth
Leek Broth Recipes
Enjoy our collection of leek broth recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for leek broth recipes.
Carrots And Leeks Scotch Broth
1. ln a 6-quart Dutch oven or stockpot, bring the water, lamb, leeks, carrots, yellow turnip, celery, split peas, barley, salt, and pepper to a boil over moderately high heat. Lower the heat and simmer, covered, for 1 1/2 hours or until the lamb and split... - 31.669
Wash leeks and cut into 1 inch pieces.
Melt butter in cooker; saute the leeks.
Add the chopped onions.
When leeks are soft, add broth and salt.
Close cover of cooker and put pressure control in place.
When pressure is reached, cook for 3 minutes.
Cool cooker... - 35.6189
Classic Leek And Potato Soup
Wash the leeks very thoroughly and discard the tough part of the green tops.
Cut in thin slices and and again rinse, draining well.
Cook in the butter until soft.
Add diced potatoes, water or chicken broth, and simmer for 40 minutes.
Add cream and salt and... - 32.5994
Cream Of Potato & Leek Soup
Prepare Meat Broth.
Peel and chop potatoes.
Trim ends and tough outside leaves from leeks.
Cut leeks lengthwise through to center.
Wash under cold running water, pulling layers apart so grit is removed.
Slice into rounds.
Put potatoes and leeks into a medium... - 44.3584
Potato Leek Soup
1. Place the potatoes in a 4-quart electric slow cooker. Sprinkle on the flour and toss well. Add the chicken broth, mixing well. Stir in the leeks and 3 tablespoons of the fresh dill or 1 1/2 tablespoons of the dried.
2. Cover and cook on the low heat... - 28.274
Summer Squash Soup With Leeks
1 ln a large heavy saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over moderately low heat. Add the leeks, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until softened.
Add the potatoes, stock, herbs, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil. Adjust the heat... - 37.8286
1. In a large skillet, arrange the leeks and cover with water or broth.
2. Cover pan with lid and place on a medium low flame.
3. Simmer leeks for 5minutes until tender-crisp.
4. Drain liquid and add butter, salt, and pepper to taste and toss well
5.... - 33.9076
Cock A Leekie Soup
You won't believe that you can make such a delicious Cock A Leekie Soup with so few ingredients. I was surprised at how good this Cock A Leekie Soup was, for all the simple ingredients. Wow, a great soup! - 36.444
Creamy Potato Leek Soup
Want to make a soothing comfort soup on a cold chilly day. Watch this great video to prepare an awesome potato leek soup at home. The chef makes this easy soup that is not too heavy and nor too light. It's just right for you to enjoy! - 110.045
Delightful Leek Soup
Nothing could be more filling and comforting than homemade soup. Keeping that in mind, Chef Keith Snow stirs up a pot of tantalizing leek soup that apart from offering you a wealth of nutrients, is also dense in flavor, texture and taste too. Prepare a big... - 104.574
Potato Leek Soup With Bacon
A great go-to soup with leeks, potatoes and topped with crispy bacon. Very few ingredients and absolutely delicious. - 0
Wash leeks well, put in a medium-size saucepan with a little water and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until soft.
Drain leeks and allow to cool slightly.
In a blender or food processor puree leeks with broth.
Spoon puree into a fondue pot and place over medium... - 34.8513
Vichyssoise Using Heavy Cream
This Vichyssoise tastes terrific ! Try out this Vichyssoise for your dinner tonight and tell me if yu've enjoyed it ! Your suggestions are most welcome ! - 37.0524
Peel and dice the potatoes.
Clean, wash, and cut the leeks into thick strips.
Simmer the meat stock, and add the diced potatoes to it, and cook it for 15 minutes.
Add the leeks.
Simmer 5 more minutes, taking care that the leeks remain firm.
Salt and pepper to... - 38.711
Cock A Leekie Or Cockleleekie
Soak the prunes 12 hr.
In 1/2 pt. water.
Clean the fowl and truss It, wash the giblets, scald and skin the feet.
Put the fowl, giblets and sufficient cold water to cover them in a pan, bring very slowly to simmering point, add 2 teasp salt.
Wash and trim the... - 31.3827
Place onion, potatoes, leeks, broth, and white pepper in a large, heavy soup pot.
Cover and bring to a boil.
Lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Transfer to a food processor or blender and puree.
Stir in scallion and parsley.
Serve. - 39.8913
Sherried Leek Soup
In 2-quart casserole, combine butter, leeks, 1/4 cup broth, salt and pepper.
Microwave at High for 7 to 13 minutes, or until leeks are tender, stirring once.
In 1-quart casserole, combine potatoes and 1/4 cup broth.
Microwave at High... - 44.0382
Pressed Leek Terrine
Trim root ends and tops from leeks, leaving only about 1 inch of dark green leaves; save 10 tender green inner leaves from leek tops.
Cut leeks in half lengthwise; rinse under running water, gently separating layers to remove any dirt.
Rinse reserved inner... - 33.3271
Cucumber Leek Soup
1. In 2-quart microwave-safe casserole, combine broth, water, cucumber and leek. Cover with lid; microwave on high 8 minutes or until boiling.
2. With slotted spoon, remove vegetables to blender or food processor. Add 1/2 cup of the broth mixture, parsley,... - 32.1138
Potato And Leek Soup
1.Take a 3 quart microwavable casserole and add in margarine and leeks. Mix well and microwave covered for 5 minutes on high 100%. Stir every 3 minutes until leeks turn translucent.
2.Now, add in the milk, broth mix and microwave uncovered for 4... - 33.6901
Crumb Topped Leeks
1) Preheat the oven to moderate 350°F.
2) Lightly grease 2-quart baking dish.
3) Prepare the leeks by, cutting of green leaves and the root end.
4) Cut lengthwise to within 1 inch of root end.
6) In a bowl, soak the leeks in water and wash well... - 46.9157
Cream Of Leek Soup
Heat the butter in a medium saucepan and saute the leeks and onions until tender but not browned.
Add the stock, Worcestershire, salt, pepper, and cream.
Heat the soup through.
Thicken if desired with a cornstarch-and-water mixture.
Pour the soup through a... - 31.7933
Broccoli Leek Soup
Heat the olive oil in a large stockpot.
Add the leeks and saute for about 5 minutes, until they are lightly browned.
Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
Add the broccoli and bring back to a boil, then immediately reduce the heat and simmer for 15... - 47.1883
Pot Au Feu With Bonus Broth
1 Trim all fat from roast; place roast in a kettle. Add water, onion, garlic, beef broth or bouillon cubes, and salt. Tie parsley, bay leaf, peppercorns, and thyme in a small cheesecloth bag; add to kettle.
2 Heat to boiling; cover. Simmer 2 hours. Add... - 35.9691
Country Style Potato Leek Soup
In a large pot melt the butter over medium heat.
Add the leeks and cook for 5 to 8 minutes, or until wilted.
Add the potatoes, broth, and wine.
Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the potatoes are... - 35.7385
Vichyssoise Seasoned With Leeks
Blender chop potatoes and leek in chicken broth.
Pour into a saucepan and cook potatoes at low heat until tender.
Put remaining ingredients, except cream, into the Osterizer container, add cooked mixture, cover and process at LIQUEFY until smooth.
Pour into... - 33.3055
Asparagus With Leeks
Wash and trim asparagus and put in saucepan with leeks.
Add broth and cook until asparagus is tender.
In another saucepan, melt butter and blend in next 3 ingredients.
Remove from heat.
Drain liquid from vegetables and add to butter mixture.
Cook, stirring,... - 34.9334
Rich Leek Quiche
1) Thaw pastry.
2) Preheat the oven to 425°.
3) Trim leeks, cut into 1 inch lengths.
4) Blanch in boiling water for 5 minutes, then drain thoroughly.
5) In a skillet, melt butter and fry the leeks for 5 minutes.
6) Sprinkle with flour... - 41.8485
Leek And Potato Soup
1) In a Dutch oven, cook bacon on medium heat for 5 minutes.
2) Add leeks and onion and saute for 5 minutes.
3) Decrease the heat and add flour. Stir until smooth.
4) Slowly mix broth and stirring constantly, cook until thickened.
5) Stir in potatoes,... - 47.7894
Combine the leeks and the broth in a pan.
Bring to boil over high heat.
Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about fifteen minutes.
Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat the yogurt with the egg until well blend ed.
Gradually stir in one or two large spoonfuls of the... - 38.3537
Combine 1 1/2 cups broth, carrots, leeks, and ginger in a large saucepan, bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer about 20 minutes or until the carrots are tender.
Remove from heat, pour vegetable mixture into container of an electric blender, process... - 31.4762
Leek Soup has a smooth taste. The chicken broth adds a taste to Leek Soup. Leek soup is an easy to prepare dish. - 42.0773
Chicken Barley Broth
1. Finely dice carrots, onion and leeks.
2. Into a saucepan of water, crumble stock cube and bring liquid to a boil.
3. Add chicken, diced vegetables and herbs; simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Spoon chicken pieces and remove from saucepan;... - 45.7736
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Lightly spray a large baking pan with vegetable oil.
Arrange beef bones in pan and brown in oven 40 minutes.
Melt margarine in large stockpot over medium-high heat.
Add vegetables and saute 6 minutes.
Cover and cook 15 to 20 minutes... - 44.6193
Incredible Chicken Broth
Place all the ingredients in a stockpot and add water to cover.
Bring to a boil, then turn down to lowest heat.
Cover and simmer on the lowest possible setting for about 3 hours.
Strain the broth and discard all other ingredients.
Put broth in the... - 38.2829
Put all the vegetables and stock in the pressure cooker.
Add the bayleaf and seasoning, bring to the boil uncovered, and skim if necessary.
Stir in the rice and bring to the boil again, stirring.
Put on the lid and bring to high (15 lb) pressure, then cook... - 40.5352
Mix all ingredients, adding ice and water gradually, blending carefully.
Bring slowly to the boiling point.
Simmer slowly for 2 hours.
Do not stir.
Strain through several thicknesses of cheesecloth.
Chill. - 39.6342
Leeks Au Gratin
Prepare leeks for cooking whole.
Divide into 2 portions and tie each into a bunch, securing it with string near both ends.
Boil or steam.
Drain well and snip off string; arrange leeks in a shallow baking dish.
Melt butter in a small pan over medium... - 41.1473
Pepper And Leek Soup
1) In a 1-quart ovenproof casserole, add bell peppers, leeks, jalapeno pepper, butter, and garlic. Mix well.
2) With a vented plastic wrap, cover the casserole.
3) On high power, microwave for 6 minutes. Stir once, halfway through cooking for easier... - 42.3931
Oxtail Leek Stew
Combine flour, 2 teaspoons salt, and dash pepper.
Coat oxtails with flour mixture.
In large Dutch oven, brown oxtails in hot shortening, turning often; drain off fat.
Add onion, tomato, the quartered carrot, turnip, garlic, parsley, and bay leaf.
Stir in... - 38.9633
Spring Vegetable Broth
Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the celery, leeks and carrot.
Cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes.
Stir in the pearl barley and stock, season to taste and simmer for 20 minutes.
Add the mangetout and simmer for 10 minutes.
Ladle into warmed soup bowls... - 37.9114
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Lightly spray a large baking pan with vegetable oil.
Arrange chicken bones in pan and brown in oven 1 hour.
If you prefer a lighter-colored broth, brown bones 30 to 40 minutes.
Melt margarine in large stockpot over medium-high... - 44.4691
1) Take a large,deep pot and add 1 gallon of water, and the chicken bones.
2) Bring to a simmer over medium heat, carefully skim the surface, and toss in the remaining ingredients.
3) Now return to a gentle simmer, cover halfway,and add more water if... - 37.593
Farm Style Leek Soup
1. In a large saucepan, melt the butter or margarine over low heat.
2. Add the leek, onion, and garlic and sauté for 15 minutes, stirring often until soft and golden.
3. Stir in the stock and bring to a gentle simmer.
4. Cover pan and simmer for 30... - 45.1706
Potato Leek Soup
Slice the leeks in half lengthwise and rinse very well between all layers.
Cut into very thin slices and pat dry.
In a large skillet or Dutch oven, melt 2 tablespoons butter and cook the leeks.
Add diced potatoes and chicken broth.
Simmer, covered, about 30... - 32.1603
Cut the bacon into 1 inch pieces.
Trim the beef and cut into chunks.
Melt the butter in a large saucepan and fry the bacon and beef for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, trim and slice the leek.
Peel the potatoes, carrots, parsnips and rutabaga.
Cut into chunks.
Add... - 47.4629
Add vegetables to boiling water; reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 2 to 3 hours.
Uncover and boil to reduce volume by about 1/4 to 1/3 .
Strain liquid, cool, and refrigerate or freeze—it will keep for several weeks in the freezer. - 25.6483
In a large stockpot, combine all the ingredients and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 3 hours.
Strain and discard the vegetables and peppercorns. - 35.2395
Vermouth Flavored Vegetable Broth
Combine all the ingredients in a stockpot.
Bring gradually to a boil over medium heat.
Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 1 hour, skimming the surface occasionally. - 31.3378
1. In a large, heavy soup pot, mix all the ingredients.
2. Place over heat and bring slowly to a boil.
3. Reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, for 1 hour.
4. Cool the broth slightly, then remove chicken parts and solids.
5. Strain with a... - 48.3796
Saffron Tomato Fish Broth
Heat the olive oil in a large stockpot, add the carrot, celery, onion, mushrooms, leek, and garlic, and saute over medium heat for 4 minutes, stirring often.
Add the scallops, wine, saffron, tomatoes, and parsley, and saute for 2 minutes more, stirring.
Add... - 31.4542
In a heavy stockpot over medium-high heat, melt margarine.
Add 2 tablespoons water, onions and leeks.
Saute 4 to 5 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients in order listed.
Cover with 9 to 10 cups of water.
Simmer 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours, or until reduced to 8... - 44.0621
Rich Beef Broth
1. Preheat the oven to 450° F.
2. Rinse onions, celery, carrots, tomatoes, parsnips, and leeks with water.
3. Chop them coarsely.
4. In a roasting pan, place chopped onions, celery, carrots, tomatoes, parsnips, and leeks at the bottom... - 45.3005
1. Cut off root ends off leeks; remove off coarse outer leaves.
2. Also, cut off and remove coarse ends of green tops.
3. Split it lengthwise, cutting to about an inch of root end.
4. Separate the leaves and rinse under running water, and... - 49.0811
The Housekeeper's Broth (potage 'bonne Femme')
Chop two leeks finely; fry them lightly on a gentle heat in a little fat; add a small cabbage, diced, stir with a spoon so that the moisture from the cabbage evaporates, then moisten with some vegetable stock; add two or three slices of potato and cook for... - 16.3166
Cook vegetables in butter, covered, 20 minutes.
Add stock and cook 30 minutes.
Strain, adjust seasonings and garnish with celery leaves. - 25.3333
Seasoned Vegetable Broth
Put all ingredients in a large stockpot.
Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer, uncovered, very slowly for 2 hours.
Strain the stock, discarding the solids.
Let cool to room temperature. - 32.414
Scotch Lamb Broth
1 Trim excess fat from lamb. Place in an electric slow cooker with leeks, celery, carrots, onion, water, salt and pepper. Stir in pearl barley; cover.
2 Cook on low (190° to 200°) 10 hours, or on high (290° to 300°) 5 hours, or until meat is tender and ba - 30.0713
Classic Beef Broth
1 Put the meat bones, carrots, onions, leek and celery into a roasting pan.
2 Roast in hot oven (450°) 40 minutes, or until bones are well browned.
3 Place browned bones and vegetables in a 5-quart electric slow cooker; add water, parsley, garlic, salt along... - 32.975
Get ready to try the healthy Scotch Broth recipe. An appetizer perfect for dinner or any other meal is prepared with meat stock and leftover lamb with bones. The added barley and diced mushroom makes Scotch Broth a thick soup. - 41.1585
1) Ask the seller to chop the meat into small pieces.
2) In a large pot, put the meat with 3 quarts of water. Bring the meat to a boil and discard any scum that surfaces.
3) Reduce the heat and add the barley. Gently simmer for about 20... - 42.1643
Lamb And Pearl Barley Scotch Broth
Wash the barley and drain thoroughly.
Wipe and trim the lamb and cut into pieces.
Melt the butter in a saucepan or flameproof casserole.
Add the lamb and fry over a high heat till browned on all sides.
Peel and chop the onions; trim and slice the celery.
Add... - 46.0939
Healthy Scotch Broth
1) In the cooker, place together meat, barley, carrots, onion, leeks, stock or water and stock cube and seasoning.
2) See that the cooker is not more than half full.
3) Heat the open cooker and bring to boil and skim.
4) Put the lid on the cooker, heat... - 45.5806
Lamb Scotch Broth
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet.
Add lamb cubes and bones; saute until brown.
Place lamb cubes and bones in a 6-quart pot.
Bring to a boil.
Skim foam from surface until surface is clear.
Cover and simmer 1 hour.
Remove lamb... - 42.3695
1. Thoroughly wash fish pieces in cold water.
2. Take a 4-quart saucepan and combine fish parts and remaining ingredients together.
3. Bring the mix into rapid boil.
4. Decrease the intensity of flame and then remove foam from the surface.
5. Cover and... - 39.3938
Put the meat into a large saucepan.
Pour over the water and bring it to a boil, skimming off any scum as it rises.
Add the barley and simmer for 20 minutes.
Put in the vegetables and seasoning, cover the pan and simmer the broth for 1 hour.
Remove the meat... - 38.2906
Scotch Broth With Pearl Barley
Put the mutton into a pan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil.
Remove any scum.
Add the rest of the ingredients except for the parsley.
Bring to the boil again and transfer to the Slo cooker.
Cook for the recommended time.
Lift out the bones, trim... - 40.9185
Blanch the pearl barley by putting into cold water, bringing to the boil, then pouring the water away.
Put the barley, diced beef or mutton and water into a pan, bring to the boil, skim and simmer gently for 1 hour.
Add the prepared vegetables, except the... - 34.6615
Cut meat from bones, removing any fat.
Put meat, bones and stock into a large stewpan.
Bring to the boil and skim thoroughly.
Wash and blanch the barley.
Add it to the mixture, seasoning at the same time.
Simmer for an hour.
Add all the vegetables, diced, and... - 39.8334
Cut the mutton into 7 or 8 pieces.
Put into a pan with the water and bring slowly to a boil.
Remove the scum that will have risen to the top.
Add the barley, salt and pepper and simmer gently for 1 1/2 hours.
Add all the vegetables and simmer for another hour... - 40.0689
1) Take a large stock pot, with 3 quarts water and wine, add them to the pot.
2) Now add vegetables.
3) On medium heat, bring the broth to a simmer.
4) Skim the surface, add the bay leaves,parsley stems and peppercorns.
5) Cover partially,cook for 4... - 43.3427
Combine vegetables, parsley, garlic, bay leaf, gingerroot, water, and pepper in a 6-quart microwave-safe bowl.
Cover with plastic wrap, sealing tightly.
Microwave on high for 60 minutes.
Let stand for 10 minutes.
Remove plastic wrap carefully to avoid steam... - 41.6341
Risotto Primavera With Chicken Broth
In 3-quart saucepan cook leeks or onion and red or green pepper in butter or margarine till tender but not brown.
Stir in chicken broth, rice, fresh or frozen peas, celery, carrot, salt, and pepper.
Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer for 15... - 40.792
Fresh Pea And Chicken Broth
1) Take a 2-quart glass or ceramic casserole and place the chicken in it.
2) To the chicken, add 2 cups of water, onion or leeks and carrots.
3) Cover the vessel with lid and cook on high in the microwave for about 30 minutes.
4) Remove the vessel from... - 42.4262
Vegetable Soup With Fennel Herbs And Parmesan Broth
1. Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot. Add the garlic and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the carrots, celery, leeks and fennel and cook, stirring, until the vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the... - 31.2072
Homemade Vegetable Broth
In a large stockpot combine water, tomatoes, celery, carrots, onions, leeks, turnips, bell pepper and zucchini.
Add garlic, parsley, thyme, bay leaves and peppercorns.
Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat.
Simmer, uncovered, for 2 hours.
Strain... - 37.7471
Cottage broth is a meat broth made with fresh vegetables and herbs. Prepared with lamb shanks, the cottage broth is slow cooked and also contains barley in it. used for soups or served as such, this cottage lamb broth is a very flavorful broth. - 43.2078
The scotch broth is a meat broth made with frehs herbs and vegetables. Made with lamb, the scotch broth is made with added pearl barley and is quite filling as a side on its own. used for a base for soups or stews also, the scotch broth is flavorful and... - 44.0607
Basic Beef Broth
1) In a large kettle, add beef, beef shin, marrow bones and veal knuckle. Pour in about 3-quarts of water. Let the mixture come to a boil. Skim the fat off from the surface.
2) Add in the salt, carrots, onion, celery, turnip and leek. Tie together... - 44.3075
Betty's Vichyssoise (potato And Leek Soup)
In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make Vichyssoise. This is a potato and leek soup that is served cold. Making this dish was inspired by our recent trip to the farmers' market, where we bought leeks. - 0
Fresh Vegetable Broth
1. Rinse vegetables in water.
2. In a large heavy pot, place all the broth ingredients.
3. Bring it to a boil.
4. Simmer uncovered over low heat for 1 hour.
5. Season to taste.
6. Simmer for another 30 minutes.
7. Strain... - 46.0156
The Scotch Broth serves as a fabulous gravy for many of my meat dishes! Try out the Scotch Broth and let me know the dish you've used it for! - 38.8843
1. In a small saucepan, add in pearl barley and cover with cold water. Allow it to come to a boil. Remove and strain the barley.
2. Wash and disjoint the meat, cut off any fat.
3. In a large pan, add in meat, barley, seasoning and pour in water. Bring... - 46.6957
Beef Scotch Broth
Blanch the barley by pouring on boiling water, leaving it a minute or two then straining it.
Cut the meat into neat pieces.
Put into the pressure cooker with the water and barley.
Put on the lid and bring steadily to pressure.
Lower heat and cook for 20... - 44.7684
1) Wash the fish frames and heads under the a running tap until water is clear.
2) Take a stock pot, add the fish,wine and 4 quarts of water.
3) Simmer over a medium flame, skim the surface,add the vegetables,bay leaves, peppercorns,parsley.
4) Return... - 38.7661
Roast Welsh Lamb Rump With Aromatic Vegetable Broth
1) Cut the leek lengthways and rinse it under cold water. Make thin slices out of the white and tender light green parts.
2) In a large frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Sauté the swede, celeriac, celery, garlic and leek gently for 2 minutes.
3)... - 43.2844
Beef Scotch Broth
Chop the lamb if necessary and discard any fat.
Put in a large pan with the stock, bouquet garni, and salt and pepper to taste.
Bring to the boil and remove any scum.
Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours, skimming occasionally.
Take out the meat and add the pearl... - 42.5251
Gaelic Farmhouse Broth
Remove the meat from the bones and trim off any fat and gristle.
Chop the meat into small pieces.
Put the bones into a large saucepan and cover with cold water.
Bring to the boil and simmer gently while you prepare the vegetables.
Put the chopped meat into a... - 47.8827
Francesca Morris's For Scotch Broth
1) Cut the meat into cubes of 2-inches each and put it in a slow cooker along with the bone.
2) Add all the remaining ingredients, except for the butter, flour and parsley.
3) Cover the cooker and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
4) Before it is time to... - 45.4981
1. In a large heavy skillet, preferably cast-iron or a stockpot, combine all the ingredients except the seasonings and parsley.
2. Place on a medium high flame and heat to boiling point.
3. Frequently remove the scum them surfaces when boiling.
4.... - 45.5805
Cut the meat into 2.5-cm (1-in) pieces and put it in the pressure cooker with the water, bring to the boil uncovered and remove any scum.
Then add the prepared vegetables, barley and seasoning.
Stir well to ensure that the barley is not sticking to the... - 43.1453
Chicken Broth (basic Soup)
Wash the chicken and cut into eight to ten pieces.
Combine the chicken in a pot with the remaining ingredients, with water to cover.
Bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce heat, partially cover, and simmer one to two hours, or until the chicken is... - 43.2936
Basic Chicken Broth
1) In a large kettle, add chicken, chicken giblets, carrots, parsnip, onion and celery. Tie together the celery tops, parsley and leek with a string. Drop the bundle into the kettle.
2) Add about 12 cups of water, enough to cover the meat and... - 43.8449
Vichyssoise Seasoned With Leeks And Chives
In 2 1/2 qt glass casserole microwave (high) butter, onion and leeks 3 minutes.
Add potatoes and broth.
Microwave (high) 12-15 minutes, stirring every 4 minutes. (Potatoes should be very tender.) Force the mixture through a sieve or process in blender; return... - 29.5476
1. Soak barley for several hours, preferably overnight, in cold water.
2. Remove as much fat as possible from the lamb or mutton and put into a soup pot with the water and the drained barley. Add salt and pepper, the bay leaf, herbs, a whole onion stuck with... - 35.9327
Lemon And Leek Pasta
Lemon and leek pasta is a nice variation for your appetite. You don't need a bunch of ingredients for cooking this, so it is much easier to prepare. When you have the basic ingredients ready, it takes a maximum of 15 minutes to get this dish ready-to-serve on... - 100.274
Leeks With Tarragon Pepper Sauce
1) Trim off the dark green portion and roots from leeks.
2) Slice in half along the length.
3) Rinse thoroughly to remove the dirt.
4) In a bowl, dissolve cornstarch in milk. Set aside.
5) Use a large skillet to heat chicken broth by... - 39.7762
Fish Broth With Oysters And Saffron
1.In a stockpot, heat butter on medium high flame and saute onion, carrots, celery, leeks, parsley, garlic, bay leaves and juniper berries in it.
2.Once the vegetables start sputtering, lower the heat to medium low and put the lid on.
3.Let the... - 45.6316