- » Latke
Latkes or latkas, also familiar as potato pancakes, are deliciously made pancakes out of potatoes and egg in onion flavor. A shallow oil-fried variety of pancakes, latkes often take in generous topping, mainly with ... More »
Crispy Fried Potato Latkes
Looking for a potato pancake recipe with a twist? Then try this Jewish pancake recipe that yields 'latkes' or Jewish fried pancakes. Watch the video and learn to make these simple fried treats that taste really good and are easy to cook. Watch the video to... - 91.9253
Potato Latkes With Homemade Applesauce
Prepare Homemade Applesauce; cover and refrigerate until serving time.
Peel and finely shred potatoes and onion into colander.
With hand, squeeze to press out as much liquid as possible.
Place potato mixture in medium bowl; stir in egg, flour, parsley, lemon... - 47.5956
In large bowl, combine Egg Beaters, flour, onion and pepper; set aside.
Pat shredded potatoes dry with paper towels.
Stir into egg mixture.
In large nonstick skillet, over medium-high heat, melt 1 1/2 tablespoons margarine.
For each pancake, spoon about 1/3... - 43.4772
Shred potatoes and onion with shredding disc of food processor or shred by hand using grater.
Place potato mixture in large bowl.
Add eggs, matzo meal, salt and pepper; mix well.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat until... - 42.6917
PLACE potatoes and onion in colander; let stand for 30 minutes.
Press out excess moisture.
Transfer to large bowl.
Stir in eggs, flour, salt, baking powder and pepper.
HEAT 2 to 3 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
Spoon 2 tablespoons... - 42.6314
potato pancakes with various toppings. - 41.2232
1. In a bowl, break eggs.
2. Add potatoes, onion, salt, pepper and meal. Mix well.
3. In a frying pan, melt fat or butter.
4. Take the potato batter in a tablespoon and spread it in the pan.
5. Fry it till it browns on both sides.
6. Add more fat or... - 41.0444
1. Grate onions and potatoes.
2. Mix them with flour.
3. Add salt and pepper to the mixture
4.Heat oil in a frypan.
5.Fry the latkes until golden brown.
6.Serve with apple sauce or sour cream.
7.Fried eggs and bacon can also be... - 40.9977
In large bowl, stir together potatoes, onion, egg, flour, and salt.
Preheat Meal Browner browning dish at HIGH for 6 minutes.
Add 1 tablespoon cooking oil to browning dish.
Drop batter by tablespoonfuls in 5 parries into browning dish, spreading the... - 39.8413
1. Grate potatoes using a food processor.
2. In a small bowl add grated potatoes, salt, pepper, egg and onion.
3. In a frying pan add oil and heat well.
4. Drop large spoonfuls of batter in the oil so that the latkes are completely... - 39.1622
By hand, or in food processor using shredder blade, alternately shred onion quarters and potatoes.
Transfer to colander.
With hands, squeeze out as much moisture as possible, discarding liquid.
Transfer to large bowl.
Mix in eggs, flour, salt... - 38.8801
Mix grated, well-drained potatoes with beaten egg yolks, flour, onion, salt and pepper to taste.
Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
Heat butter or shortening in frying pan until sizzling.
Drop in potato mixture from spoon.
Drain on absorbent paper.
Serve hot... - 37.8733
Chanukah Potato Latkes
Grate the potatoes and onion and strain, leaving small amount of liquid.
Place in a bowl.
Add the eggs, baking powder, salt and pepper and mix well.
Remove crusts from bread and soak in just enough water to cover.
Squeeze moisture from bread.
Add the bread to... - 36.2138
Bubbe's Potato Latkes
1. Prepare Homemade Applesauce; cover and refrigerate until serving time.
2. Finely shred potatoes and onion into colander. With hands, squeeze to remove as much liquid as possible. Place potato mixture in medium bowl; stir in egg, flour, parsley, lemon... - 35.3269
In large bowl stir together potatoes, anion, eggs, flour, and salt.
Grease a hot griddle or skillet with melted chicken fat or vegetable oil.
Drop batter by tablespoonfuls onto griddle or skillet.
Spread the batter slightly.
Fry till browned, 2... - 32.0241
Golden-crisp Potato Latkes
1. Grate potatoes fine; place in large bowl with baking soda; toss. Press dry with hands or potato ricer.
2. Beat eggs in a large bowl; stir in potatoes, onion, salt, nutmeg, paprika. Sprinkle flour over; stir in.
3. Pour enough oil into a heavy skillet to... - 30.1865
1. Scrub the potatoes, but leave them unpeeled. Coarsely grate the potatoes into a large bowl of ice water. Let sit for 5 minutes. Drain off the water, and roll the grated potatoes in a clean kitchen towel to remove excess water. Coarsely grate the onions.
2.... - 28.5463
Latke Recipes By Category