- » Lard Biscuits
Lard Biscuits Recipes
Enjoy our collection of lard biscuits recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for lard biscuits recipes.
Talbott Inn Buttermilk Biscuits
Talbott Inn Buttermilk Biscuits has a majestic taste. The lard with baking soda gives the Talbott Inn Buttermilk Biscuits a grand taste. - 33.7025
Lightly grease two baking trays.
Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
Rub in the lard until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs, then add the water and mix well to make a soft pliable dough.
Knead the dough lightly and roll it out very... - 33.1066
Whole Wheat Biscuits
1. In a large basin, sift together the dry ingredients.
2. Preheat the oven to 450°F
3. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add liquid all at once.
4. Combine with dinner fork to form a stiff dough.
5. Add a little more... - 40.4327
Ginger Biscuits is a delicious snack recipe that is simply easy-to-prepare. Once you have this Ginger Biscuits, I am sure you will always crave for it. - 36.8967
Drop Biscuit Batter
Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
Cut in lard until mixture is fine even crumb.
Add enough milk to make a very soft dough - 21.8966
Plain Linzer Biscuits
Weigh and put on the pastry board the flour, butter and lard.
Rub well together, add the sugar, ground hazelnuts, 2 whole eggs, bicarbonate of soda, grated lemon rind and a pinch of cinnamon.
Knead together lightly, form into a loaf and keep in a cold place... - 34.2221
Pike's Peak Raised Potato Biscuits
Peel potato, slice, and cook in boiling water to cover until very tender.
Do not drain.
Mash with fork or force through sieve.
Use very warm water (105°F.to 115°F.) for dry yeast; use lukewarm (80°F.to 90°F.) for compressed.
Sprinkle dry yeast or crumble... - 40.9157
Buttermilk Biscuits are simple yumlogical. The vegetable gives the Buttermilk Biscuits a different taste. - 40.7045
Lightly grease two baking trays.
Mix together the flour, oatmeal and salt.
Rub the margarine and lard into the flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
Stir in the sugar, add the beaten egg and mix well to make a fairly firm dough.
Knead the dough... - 36.5984
Beaten Biscuits has a great taste. The Milk with flour gives the Beaten Biscuits a different taste. - 36.8037
In a mixing bowl stir together flour, cassava meal, baking powder, sugar, cream of tartar, and salt.
Cut in lard till the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Make a well in center.
Stir just till dough clings together.
Knead gently on well floured... - 38.1592
Sour Milk Biscuits
1. Start oven, set at Hot, 450° F.
2. Sift the flour with the salt, baking powder, sugar and baking soda. Cut in the lard, shortening, butter or margarine until well mixed and add the milk, stirring quickly, until a soft but not sticky dough is formed.
3.... - 31.9979
Oven Baked Grandma's Ginger Biscuits
1. Grease a baking sheet with oil, butter or baking spray.
2. Preheat the oven to 325° F, 160° C
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, soda and ginger.
4. In a medium saucepan, combine syrup, lard and sugar.
5. Place the pan on a... - 43.5113
Grandma's Ginger Biscuits
1. Into a fairly large saucepan add all ingredients except flour and heat gently until lard is melted.
2. Remove from heat and stir in flour, 2 tablespoons at a time.
3. Roll mixture into walnut-sized balls.
4. Put them on a greased... - 38.7416
Simple Baking Powder Biscuits
1. Set out baking sheet.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Cut shortening into dry ingredients with a pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse corn meal.
4. Make a well in center of mixture and add milk all at one time.
5.... - 31.4205
Hamburger Casserole With Drop Biscuits
Hamburger Casserole With Drop Biscuit is a treat for all meat lovers. This delightful Hamburger Casserole With Drop Biscuits are perfect for those informal dinners at home with friends. Try this recipe! - 38.7989
Gray's Beaten Biscuit
Sift flour and salt together twice and mix thoroughly with the lard.
Moisten with iced water added slowly until a stiff dough is formed.
Knead until the dough blisters, or beat.
Then roll to the thickness of about 1/2 inch.
Cut with a small cutter and bake in... - 21.2884
Homemade Biscuit Mix
1. Into a large basin or wide vessel, sift together the dry ingredients.
2. Cut large into bead size pieces and add to the flour mixture.
3. Cut in or rub in the lard using a pastry blender or your fingertips, until the mixture resembles crumbs and all... - 30.257
Beaten biscuits are homemade biscuits made with flour and milk. Sweetened with sugar and baked in the oven, these beaten biscuits are great when they come out nice and brown. - 29.7563
1) In a bowl, sift the flour, sugar and salt and soda together
2) Slice the lard into the flour mixture and mix in to resemble a fine meal
3) Add 1 cup of water and blend in thoroughly
4) Place the dough on a wooden board and pound using a... - 39.7423
Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits
Sift flour with next 3 ingredients.
Cut in lard until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
Add buttermilk and stir until dough cleans the bowl.
Turn dough out on a lightly floured board and knead dough until smooth.
Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness and cut into... - 32.4534
Sallies Maryland Beaten Biscuits
Sift the dry ingredients together.
Work in lard with fingers; then stir in the milk.
Turn onto a pastry board and beat with a wooden mallet; fold over and beat again.
Continue folding dough and beating for about 30 minutes, or until blisters appear on... - 27.6851
Old Fashioned Hot Biscuits
Old Fashioned Hot Biscuits has a lovely taste. Old Fashioned Hot Biscuits gets its taste from flour mixed with milk, garnished with sugar and salt. Old Fashioned Hot Biscuits is served with tea all over the world. - 34.703
Louella's Buttermilk Biscuits
Preheat the oven to 500°F.
Lightly grease a baking sheet with lard and set aside.
Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl.
Cut in the lard with a pastry blender until it resembles coarse meal.
Stir in the buttermilk and form into a... - 41.8352
1) In a bowl, sift the flour, salt, sugar, soda and the baking powder
2) Using a butter knife, cut in the lard and add in the milk
3) Mix the mixture to bring together
4) On a floured surface turn out the mixture and mix well
5) Using a rolling pin,... - 42.9465
Beer Can Biscuits
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F
2. Into a large mixing bowl, measure and sift the flour with baking powder and salt.
3. Cut the lard or shortening into smaller pieces and rub into the flour mixture until it resembles crumbs.
4. Add enough... - 38.7831
1 Preheat the oven to 400°F (gas mark 6 / 200°C.)
2 In a bowl, soak the walnut pieces in boiling water for 5 minutes.
3 Lightly grease a baking sheet with oil.
4 Carefully remove the walnuts with a slotted spoon.
5 Pat dry... - 40.7538
Easy Rolled Biscuits
Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
Cut in shortening with 2 knives or a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
Add milk and mix lightly and quickly to form a ball.
Turn dough out onto a lightly floured board and knead 8 to 10... - 33.1847
Old Southern Beaten Biscuits
In a small mixing bowl thoroughly stir together the all-purpose flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and cream of tartar.
Cut in the lard till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Make a well in center of dry mixture.
Add 3/4 cup of the ice water all at once; stir... - 37.4542
Southern Irish Potato Box Biscuit
Cook and mash the Irish potatoes fine.
Add melted lard, butter, sugar, and salt.
Add milk which has been scalded and dissolved yeast.
Add the 1 whole egg beaten with the 1 extra yolk; fold in the flour.
Knead and place in a large greased bowl to rise.
When... - 40.4457
Hors D'oeuvre Biscuits
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Grease large baking sheet.
Sift flour, baking powder and salt into large bowl.
Cut in butter and lard until mixture resembles coarse meal.
Make well in center.
Pour in 2/3 cup half and half, then gradually incorporate flour mixture... - 38.5806
Southern Beaten Biscuits
1. Start oven, set at Moderate, 350° F.
2. Sift the flour and salt; cut in the shortening or lard with a pastry blender or fork until well mixed and the mixture has the appearance of coarse meal; add the ice water and the milk, stirring until the dough is... - 25.3505
Sesame Ring Biscuits
1. In a bowl beat the fats with the sugar, add the beaten eggs, mix in flour and baking powder and work into dough by adding a little milk.
2. Form dough into rings and dip each ring in the sesame seeds.
3. On a greased baking tray spread and bake in a... - 39.4386
Sift and mix flour, oatmeal, sugar and spices, and rub in the fat.
Add soda, syrup and egg.
Mix well to a fairly stiff consistency.
Form into balls and place a little apart on greased baking-sheets; put 1/2 a blanched almond on top of each.
Bake in a moderate... - 35.5444
1. Preheat the oven to 450° F
2. Line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
3. In a large basin, sift together the flour, salt and baking powder.
4. Stir in the sugar.
5. Cut in the shortening with a spatula or use your fingertips to... - 38.6712
Southern Style Cheesy Buttermilk Biscuits
Light and fluffy, melt-in-your-mouth. This video prepares a great batch of buttermilk biscuits with cheddar cheese. Rich buttermilk biscuits baking in the oven will bring back warm memories of Southern style living. Serve them fresh from the oven and your... - 121.168
Powdered Milk Biscuit Mix
In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt 2 or 3 times to distribute evenly.
Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Store mix in an airtight tin or jar.
Makes about 7 1/2 to 8 cups (1.875 to 2 L) and will keep 4 to 6 weeks... - 31.5539
Cheese Corn Meal Biscuits
Preheat oven to 450° F.
Briskly mix corn meal into hot milk, cover, and set aside.
Sift flour with baking powder and salt into a bowl.
Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
Add corn meal mixture and cheese and stir... - 41.2194
Fried Yeast Biscuits
1. Into a small bowl pour the lukewarm water and add the yeast and 1 teaspoon of the sugar, rest for 2 or 3 minutes and then mix well.
2. Set in a warm, draft-free place such as an unlighted oven for about 10 minutes, until the yeast bubbles up... - 44.6407
Lightly grease two baking trays.
Sift the flour and salt into a bowl, then rub in the butter or margarine and lard until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
Work in the mashed potato to give a firm dough.
Knead the dough lightly, then wrap it in cling... - 34.5385
Lightly grease two baking trays.
Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder, then stir in the oatmeal.
Rub in the lard or dripping until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
Bind the mixture to a firm but pliable dough with the water.
Knead the dough... - 35.6064
Short Crust Pastry
Short Crust Pastry is a crust used for tart or pie. The all purpose flour with salt, lard and butter make the Short crust pastry a perfect base of pie. - 33.5376
Old Country Welsh Cookies
Mix dry ingredients, and add lard.
Wash, and drain currants; then add to dry mixture.
Add eggs to milk.
Then add eggs and milk to dry mixture.
When mixture is the consistency of dough, roll out, and cut in 3-inch circles.
Bake on griddle,... - 40.9583
Sesame Almond Cookies
Preparation Sift flour with baking powder and baking soda and set aside.
In a large bowl, beat lard with granulated sugar and brown sugar until fluffy.
Add egg, almond extract, and vanilla extract and beat until well blended.
Add flour to creamed mixture and... - 42.8259
Sussex Plum Heavies
These are said to have been eaten in the open by shepherds and woodmen. Originally they were made with plain flour, which meant that they were indeed "heavy". By using self-raising flour, the result is a cross between a scone and flaky pastry. They are best... - 28.292
Fried Chicken With Puffs And Gravy
Season with salt and pepper and roll each piece in flour.
Use 2 iron frying pans.
Add lard to depth of 2 inches or more.
Heat lard, add chicken, cover and cook for a few minutes over low heat.
Then saute, uncovered, until nicely... - 38.1295
1. Let the oven heat to 350°F (180°C/Gas 4) and grease 2 baking trays.
2. Cream the lard and sugar together until soft and fluffy.
3. Put in the syrup and beat the mixture well.
4. Put in the egg and the coffee and beat again, using a... - 42.9093
Thoroughly dry the beef; melt the lard in a heavy casserole and lightly brown the meat on all sides, being careful that the fat does not burn and blacken the meat.
When light brown, remove.
Cut bacon into small pieces, peel and slice finely the onions and... - 42.8024
Sesame Seed Buns
Sesame Seed Buns is a delicious stuffed bun. The flavors of this bun will definitely hook you to it. Try the Sesame Seed Buns recipe and surprise your family with this tasty dish. - 46.7069
Vol Au Vent Puff Paste
In a cold mixing bowl cut the 1/2 cup butter and the lard into the sifted flour until it is the size of small marbles or large peas. (We do mean lard, not vegetable shortening. Jesse insists that good old pork lard mixed with butter makes far better puff... - 32.2493
Quick Breakfast Rolls
Quick Breakfast Rolls is easy to make recipe. Quick Breakfast Rolls gets its taste from eggs mixed with milk and flour. Quick Breakfast Rolls is inspired by many food joints around the world. - 34.6703
Pecan Turkey Stuffing
Boil the liver the day before the stuffing is made.
Roll the toasted bread on a biscuit board, then sift through a colander into a large bowl, and add the butter, lard, salt, black pepper, celery seed, thyme, parsley, and grated nutmeg.
Pour in a little... - 43.3933
Into an earthenware or heavy cast-iron pot, pour (for a whole goose) 2 glasses of water.
Add the goose, cut up into portions in such a way that there is no danger of their containing splinters of bone.
Add the fresh pork, cubed, with pepper, salt, clove, the... - 31.6649
Heat milk till lukewarm and make a batter with 2 oz. flour, the yeast and a little sugar.
Set it to rise for 15-20 mins.
Cream yolks of eggs with the sugar, mix with the flour and the leavened batter and butter.
Beat the dough well with a wooden spoon, and... - 42.4273
Cheese Fans has a yummy taste. The cheese and butter gives the Cheese Fans a velvety taste. - 41.8513
1. Let the oven heat to 350°F (180°C/Gas 4) and grease 2 large baking trays.
2. Combine together the flour, spice and ginger.
3. Rub or cut in the fats until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
4. Combine the sugar.
5. With the warmed... - 42.529
Chicken Liver Terrine
1) In a bowl, combine the chicken livers, port, thyme and bay leaves together.
2) Allow the chicken liver mixture to marinate for minimum 2 hours.
3) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
4) In a bowl, soak the sausage meat, ham and bread slices... - 44.5476
Viennese Fried Cakes
These viennese fried cakes are yeast leavened dough cakes filled with apricots or jam and deep fried. An european dessert, the viennese rfied cakes are brushed with milk before frying and are served warm with sprinkled sugar on them. I love to make these... - 46.6483