- » Lamb Leg Shank
Lamb Leg Shank Recipes
Enjoy our collection of lamb leg shank recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for lamb leg shank recipes.
Greek Style Slow Roasted Lamb Shanks
If you are not a traditionalist and are you looking for a unique main course idea for Christmas or New Years then this slow roasted shank of lamb is indeed an excellent choice! This is not only an easy recipe, but also lamb shanks are one of the more... - 101.963
Roast Leg Of Lamb
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
Make a small incision in the meat near the bone and insert the garlic clove.
Blend the seasonings.
Brush the lamb with the oil, sprinkle with the seasonings.
Roast for 2 1/2-3 hours.
Carve and serve. - 26.9218
Stuffed Lamb Braised In Wine
1. Make the stuffing. Fry the onion in the melted fat until soft and golden. Turn off the heat.
2. Crumble the bread and mash the sausage meat to smooth out any lumps.
3. Combine crumbled bread and sausage meat with onion.
4. Add thyme, salt and pepper to... - 42.5799
Leg Of Lamb Au Jus With Savory Spinach Stuffing
This Leg Of Lamb Au Jus With Savory Spinach Stuffing is simply irresistible ! Try this roasted juicy stuffed meat in wine sauces for your next meal. Your suggestions for this Leg Of Lamb Au Jus With Savory Spinach Stuffing are welcome. - 38.3185
Lamb Shashlik With Wine And Juniper
Have your butcher debone the lamb and trim the fat.
You cut it into cubes and mix the marinade.
Crush the juniper berries in a mortar and pestle or in a small electric coffee grinder.
Soak the meat in this marinade for at least 12 hours, refrigerated.
Then... - 39.0851
Marinated Leg Of Lamb
With sharp knife make 8 or 9 slits in the meat.
Insert a piece of garlic in each slit.
Prick meat at about 1 1/2-inch intervals.
Place meat in large plastic bag or in a shallow baking dish.
Combine remaining ingredients; pour over meat.
Close plastic bag if... - 44.1117
Sunday Leg Of Lamb
This Sunday Leg of Lamb tastes incredible ! Try these lamb legs with almond and bread crumb stuffings with poached apples and vegetables, in wine sauce for your next meal. Your suggestions for this Sunday Leg of Lamb are welcome. - 38.0993
Roast Leg Of Lamb
1.Start by preheating the oven to 325F degrees
2.Also make sure to remove the shank bone from the leg of the lamb at the market, if desired
3.Make sure not to remove the fell
4.Take salt and pepper and rub it on the meat
5.On a rack in an... - 32.9769
Roast Leg Of Lamb
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. With a sharp knife, remove all the fat and fell (the thin, tough, papery membrane) from the lamb. To remove the fell, loosen it from the flesh with the knife and cut it off in sections.
2. With the point of a small knife, make 6... - 29.9931
Stuffed Leg Of Lamb
The stuffed leg of lamb is prepared with a stuffing of veal, ham, breadcrumbs and mushrooms. Spiced with cloves and worcestershire sauce, the stuffed leg of lamb is roasted and best served with mint jelly or spiced peaches. - 45.3416
Easy Roast Leg Of Lamb Stuffed With Spinach
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Using a sharp knife or a pair of kitchen scissors, trim the fat from the lamb.
3. Open out the butterflied leg and pat dry with paper towels.
4. Season lamb inside out with salt and pepper.
5. Press the... - 41.3318
Microwaved Roast Leg Of Lamb
1. Place lamb leg fat side down on roasting rack in 12x8-inch glass dish.
2. Shield shank end with foil and cover with tent of wax paper.
3. Microwave at high for about 20-25 minutes.
4. Remove cover, rotate dish 1/4 turn, turn leg over 1/4 turn, baste... - 37.5748
Seasoned Leg Of Lamb
Have meatman bone leg of lamb, leaving shank bone intact.
Remove fell (thin fat covering) from surface of roast.
Rub inside and outside of roast with olive oil.
Combine bread crumbs, parsley, butter, lemon peel, garlic, salt, oregano, basil, rosemary, and... - 41.3197
Spit Roasted Leg Of Lamb
Have the butcher remove the small shank bone from the lower end of the leg of lamb.
Have him fold back the shank meat and tie it as in a rolled roast.
Combine the remaining ingredients except the garlic.
Marinate the lamb in the mixture in the refrigerator... - 41.1314
Basic Recipe Spit-roasted Leg Of Lamb
Select about a 6-pound, bone-in leg of lamb with the shank bone and the aitchbone (pronounced H-bone) removed, and the roast tied.
You ll end up with an irregular oval about 3 to 4 inches by 7 to 8 inches.
One long straight bone will remain near center of... - 30.2849
Leg Of Lamb Provencale
Trim excess fat from lamb.
Lightly season with salt and pepper.
Make slits with a knife into bone area; insert garlic slivers.
Place sliced onions in bottom of crock pot.
Place lamb on top of onions.
Lay anchovy fillets over top of lamb.
Cover and... - 34.5534
Roast Leg Of Lamb With Pan Roasted Vegetables
1) Preheat the oven to the deisred temperature of 400°.
2) Using the point of a small knife, make six small cuts at equal intervals under the skin of the lamb. Stuff the garlic slices in these slits.
3) Rub the lamb with some of the oil and... - 44.8122
Leg Of Lamb With Salsify
1. Have meatman bone leg of lamb and trim the shank and taking care to not have it rolled and tied.
2. Preheat oven to 500F.
3. Place leg of lamb, fat side down, without rack, in a shallow roasting pan and roast, uncovered, 20... - 45.854
Leg Of Lamb En Croute
Trim heavy fat from the lamb leg and cut off the shank.
Gash the meat in 3 or 4 places close to the bone and press a sliver of garlic into each gash.
Sponge the lamb with sauterne, then rub with dry mustard and seasoning salt.
Measure the circumference of the... - 41.4752
Barbecued Leg Of Lamb
Cut a small gash close to the shank bone at either end of the leg, and press garlic slivers into the openings.
Simmer the next five ingredients together for 2 minutes, then cool.
Pour this mixture over the leg in a shallow pan and brush the lean surfaces... - 40.298
Roast Mint Stuffed Leg Of Lamb
Roast Mint Stuffed Leg Of Lamb is an amazingly delicious side dish which you will enjoy with your family and friends. If you loved it, do share it with your friends also! - 43.9519
Martha Washington's Grand Leg Of Lamb
1 Starting 6 hours or more ahead, soak the sweetbreads cold water for 3 hours, changing the water several times.
2 In a 4-quart enameled or stainless-steel pan, place the sweetbreads and pour in 2 quarts of fresh cold water.
3 Bring to... - 44.2866
Leg Of Lamb With Apricot Stuffing
Leg of lamb with apricot stuffing is a fruited and herbed lamb recipe. Oven cooked, the lamb is prepared with a rice and apricot mix along with chutney. Rolled and roasted to medium doneness, this leg of lamb has basil and apple juice for flavor. Served with... - 46.9379
Cranberry Leg Of Lamb
Cut several 1/2-inch slits in top of leg of lamb; insert garlic slices into slits.
Combine ginger and mustard; rub over lamb.
Place lamb, fat side up, on a lightly greased rack in a shallow roasting pan; insert meat thermometer, making sure it does not touch... - 47.4683
Roast Leg Of Lamb
Using sharp knife, remove fell (thin membrane) and most of the fat from lamb.
Cut about 25 tiny slits all over lamb; insert garlic slivers.
Combine oil, lemon juice and rosemary; brush over lamb.
Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
On greased rack... - 41.3243
Boiled Leg Of Mutton With Caper Sauce
Brown meat in hot fat in large heavy Dutch oven.
Pour off excess shortening.
Add onions, bay leaf, peppercorns, and 2 teaspoons salt.
Add boiling water.
Cover and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 3 hours.
Remove meat to large... - 43.9268
Pot Roast Leg Of Lamb
For stock, place shank bone of lamb in a saucepan with remaining stock ingredients and add water to cover.
Put lid on pan and simmer 2 hours or until stock is very concentrated.
Trim any skin and fat from leg of lamb.
Cream butter in a bowl with a... - 43.3966
Garlic Roasted Lamb
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. With a sharp meat knife or kitchen scissors, trim off all the fat and any cartilage from the lamb.
3. With the tip of a sharp knife, make 1 inch deep cut slashes all over the leg of lamb.
4. Season the lamb... - 40.3502
Butterflied Lamb In Sage And Rosemary Marinade
1. In large stainless-steel, enamel, or glass pan, mix first 7 ingredients. Add lamb, turning to coat it with marinade; cover and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight, turning lamb occasionally.
2. About 50 minutes before serving, prepare outdoor grill for... - 29.1837
Tart 'n' Spicy Turkey Legs
Put turkey legs into a paper bag with flour and spices; shake until well coated.
Heat oil in pressure cooker and brown meat well.
Saute onion and garlic after meat is browned.
Add next 5 ingredients.
Cook under pressure for 45 minutes (or cook slowly on top... - 38.2984
Marinated Butterflied Lamb
1. On cutting board, between double thickness of waxed paper, with meat mallet or clean hammer, pound peppercorns until coarsely cracked.
2. For marinade, in 12" by 8" baking dish, combine peppercorns and next 5 ingredients. Add butterflied lamb; turn over to... - 26.3518
Mint Glazed Lamb
1. With a sharp knife make 6 slits in lamb and insert 1/3 of a garlic clove in each.
2. Season the lamb with rosemary and pepper.
3. In an 8-inch square dish, place the ham and place it on the microwave roasting rack.
4. In a glass bowl, mix the... - 41.0761
Bride S Roast Lamb
Mix the salt, pepper, paprika, rosemary, garlic powder and lemon juice together, and spread over surface of lamb.
Roast lamb on a rack at 325°-350° to desired doneness, approximately 25 minutes per pound for medium well. - 26.1008
Lamb With Rice
Cut meat into bite size pieces.
Melt butter in a casserole, add meat and onions, and brown well over moderate heat.
Add tomato, bouillon or water, and salt and pepper.
Bring mixture to a boil, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until meat is almost... - 32.8252
Lamb With Vinegar And Mint
Wipe lamb cubes well.
Put oil in a 10-12 inch skillet and turn the flame on high.
When hot, put in 7 or 8 cubes of meat at a time and brown them on all sides.
As each lot gets browned, remove it with a slotted spoon to a heavy-bottomed pot and cover.
Brown... - 44.227
Roast Lamb With Lima
1. In a large pan, soak the beans overnight till tender
2. Drain the beans and add them to water in a 8 1/2-quart saucepot.
3. Bring the water to boil over medium heat and cover, reduce heat to low and simmer the beans for 45 minutes till done.... - 45.1507
Crusty Rosemary Lamb
The crusty rosemary lamb is a flavorful and herbed preparation of lamb leg with fresh rosemary. Roasted in the oven with a topping mix of lemon juice with brown sugar and mustard for flavor, the crusty rosemary lamb has delicate and beautiful flavors to it... - 38.3639
Ragout Of Lamb With Savory Rice
Method Make a well-flavored stock with the lamb bones.
Cut meat in 2 inch cubes, leaving a little fat.
Heat butter in a flameproof casserole and, when foaming, add meat.
Fry briskly until meat is just brown, turning occasionally.
Keep the heat slightly lower... - 26.1806
1. To prepare the lamb cut it from bone and trim fat from meat.
2. Cut into 40 cubes, each about 1-1/2 inches.
3. Take a shallow baking dish and place the pieces in it.
4. In 1-cup measure, mix well combining dressing, lemon juice,... - 42.6001
Lamb And Vegetables En Brochette
1. Cut lamb from bone; trim off any fat, then cut meat in 1 1/2-inch cubes.
Place in a large shallow dish.
2. Mix water and Italian dressing in a cup; pour over lamb; turn pieces to coat evenly.
Let stand, turning several times, 1 hour, to... - 34.8953
Crusty Rosemary Lamb
1. Combine brown sugar, mustard, lemon juice and rosemary. Spread over leg of lamb.
2. Place on a rack. Cook for 10 minutes on medium high.
3. Cook a further 20-22 minutes on medium (for medium) or 30-32 minutes on medium (for well done).
4. Turn over halfway... - 28.1835
Barbecued Boned Lamb
Combine lemon juice, garlic, rosemary, thyme, and mustard.
Pour over lamb pieces and rub evenly into meat.
Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or until next day.
Lift lamb from marinade and drain briefly.
Place top round and sirloin tip (2 thickest pieces)... - 30.1388
Lamb With Spinach
In a large pot, bring about 5 quarts of water to boil.
Meanwhile, trim and wash the fresh spinach thoroughly in cold water.
Make sure you get all the sand out.
Drop the spinach in the boiling water, a pound batch at a time, and let it boil until the leaves... - 42.8718
Heat a small iron skillet or griddle over medium flame, and dry-roast the coriander, cumin, and coconut, tossing them around with a spoon.
Roast for 2 to 3 minutes until the spices turn dark brown, and set aside.
Remove skillet from heat.
Place onions,... - 43.7022
Gigot D Agneau En Croute
Cut kidneys into small pieces and toss in hot butter until lightly browned.
Rinse the pan with Madeira.
Add the mushrooms and herbs and season with salt.
Stuff the boned part of the leg with this mixture.
Reform the gigot and secure it with a skewer.
Rub the... - 41.7278
Chinese Barbecue Sauce
1. In a bowl, mix in all the ingredients, making sure the sugar dissolves
2. Can be used brushing barbequed leg of lamb, spareribs, loins of pork or even lamb shanks - 31.0799
Sindhi Gosht (sindhi Meat)
Remove fat and tissue from the cubes of meat.
In the container of an electric blender, place the chopped onions, ginger, garlic, coriander, cumin, turmeric, cayenne pepper (if used), vinegar, and salt.
Blend at high speed until you have a smooth paste.
Pour... - 43.4403