- » Lacto Vegetarian Appetizer
Lacto Vegetarian Appetizer Recipes
Enjoy our collection of lacto vegetarian appetizer recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for lacto vegetarian appetizer recipes.
Individual Artichoke Hearts Gratin Appetizers
This is what you call innovation - Artichoke hearts gratin, a popular casserole dish made into an individual serving appetizer! This video is a must watch for all those who crave for delicious restaurant style appetizers. Quite easy with simple tips coming... - 92.1685
Vegetarian Hors D Oeuvre
Cook beans in salted water to cover until tender.
Melt butter in medium skillet over medium heat.
Add onion and saute until well browned.
Combine with beans, eggs, toast, walnuts, salt and pepper in processor or blender and mince finely.... - 35.8875
Black Tie Appetizer
Place block of cheese in center of serving plate.
With small spreader gently frost cheese with caviar.
Cover with waxed paper and refrigerate until serving time.
Surround with chopped egg, onion, lemon wedges and crackers or bread. - 27.7935
Fried Cheese Appetizers
Bread cheese sticks by dipping in beaten egg and then in a mixture of half flour, half bread crumbs.
Deep-fry at 350° until golden brown.
Serve with a toothpick.
This may also be done with Montrachet, a mild goat cheese.
Pan-fry the sticks in deep olive or... - 30.5444
1. Remove the leaves softly from the prepared artichokes.
2. Prefer leaves which are firm and had good edible portion.
3. In a bowl add cream cheese, seasonings, and milk. Beat till smooth.
4. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon cream cheese on the base of each... - 38.5944
Tomato Appetizer Salad Towers
1. Prepare the salad dressing mix with vegetable oil, vinegar and water, reading the package instructions
2. Slice the tomato into thirds, keep them in order and brush each part with salad dressing; now stack them back together and add to a shallow... - 38.5652
Potato Omelette Appetizers
In 10-inch skillet, cook potatoes and green onions in butter over medium-low heat for 3 minutes.
Season with salt.
Beat eggs and the 1/4 teaspoon salt until thick and lemon colored.
Pour over potatoes in skillet; cover and cook over low heat 3 to 4 minutes or... - 34.8359
Orleanian Artichoke Appetizer
Orleanian Artichoke is a delicious appetizer. It is basically artichokes served with an even better dip! Make a value addition to your menu with this easy and quick appetizer. - 38.6397
Asparagus Appetizer Salad
1) Take a bowl and combine French dressing, chives, parsley, mayonnaise, cider vinegar, and pickle relish.
2) Combine well and let it chill in refrigerator.
3) Take salad plates, arrange asparagus stalks, slices of egg on salad greens, and... - 41.3671
Zucchini Appetizer Pie
Cut zucchini crosswise into 1/4-inch slices.
Heat oil in a large skillet.
Add zucchini; saute until softened but not mushy.
Line bottom and side of a 9-inch pie plate with sauteed zucchini slices; set aside.
Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
In a large bowl,... - 45.4093
Vegetarian Vegetable Tart
Impress your vegetarian friends with a savory tart that is not only delicious but also beautiful: the vegetable tart! - 131.559
Aubergine Appetizer Israeli Style
1) Apply 1 tablespoon oil over aubergines and soften the vegetable by baking in an open ovenproof dish.
2) Let cool, hollow out pulp and then through a coarse wire sieve, rub the skin.
3) Take a bowl and using a fork, mash aubergine pulp and skin in... - 43.1264
Brussels Sprouts Appetizer
1. Trim and cook Brussels sprouts under cutting and cooking.
2. In a small bowl mix mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, capers and liquid, sugar, onion, salt and pepper, cayenne, and enough vinegar to a thin sauce.
3. Skew each sprout on a... - 42.9812
Three Cheese Appetizer
1) In a small saucepan, soften the gelatin in water and place it over low flame. Stir till the gelatin has dissolved completely.
2) In a medium bowl, combine the water, pecans, mayonnaise, salt, mustard, hot sauce, Cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese and... - 38.9556
Cold Eggplant Appetizer
Place whole eggplant on microproof baking rack, pierce skin in several places.
Cook on HI (max. power) 6 to 7 minutes, or until soft.
Set aside to cool.
Combine onion, green pepper, garlic, and lemon juice in small microproof bowl.
Cook on HI (max. power) 1... - 41.3047
1. To a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat, heat oil and cook onion with garlic and Italian seasoning such that onion is tender, stirring often.
2. Stirring in eggplant, red pepper and zucchini let it cook 10 minutes or until eggplant is tender,... - 40.7706
Cheesy Artichoke Appetizers
The cheesy artichoke appetizers is prepared with canned artchoke hearts and cheese. A cooked appetizer, the cheesy artichoke dip is made by combining sauteed onions and garlic with artichoke, eggs and cheese and baked to doneness. - 38.5104
Puffy Cheese Appetizers
Allow patty shells to thaw just until pliable (about 30 minutes).
On a lightly floured board, arrange 2 rows of 3 shells each so shells all overlap slightly.
Roll and pat into a rectangle about 10 by 15 inches.
Carefully transfer to a 10 by 15-inch... - 44.8335
Appetizer Garlic Puffs
1) Cover boiling water over the garlic cloves.
2) Allow to stand for 5 minutes.
3) Drain and peel.
4) Mince the clove fine.
5) In a saucepan, stir butter until melted using 1 cup boiling water.
6) Now add garlic,flour and salt all... - 39.4403
Sliced Egg Appetizers
1. Carefully shell the hard boiled eggs.
2. Slice them into evenly thin slices using a knife or an egg slicer if you have one.
3. To make the vinaigrette dressing, in a small bowl, combine wine vinegar, olive oil, generous pinch of... - 49.156
Baked Artichoke Appetizer
Wash artichokes; drain.
Cut off top halves and trim stems to 1 inch.
Snap off tough outer leaves down to pale green leaves; trim base.
Slice artichoke in half lengthwise and remove fuzzy choke.
Cut each half into 1/4-inch-thick lengthwise slices.
Place bread... - 41.4486
Asparagus Appetizer Salad
1. If using fresh asparagus, wash stalks thoroughly in cold tap water , scrubbing lightly to with a vegetable brush if gritty.
2. Clean and trim the stalks, removing the woody base
3. Snap the stalks at the point where the tender part begins.... - 45.6293
Cheesy Sour Cream Appetizer
1. In a bowl mix Cheddar cheese cracker crumbs and butter.
2. Butter an 8-inch spring form pan and press one-third of crumbs into the bottom. Reserve remaining crumbs.
3. In a small bowl mix next 10 ingredients.
4. Spoon half the sour cream mixture in... - 45.972
1) Preheat the oven.
2) Combine the ingredients well.
3) Remove the edges from the crusts.
4) Shape to form squares.
5) Use 2 pieces and spread the mixture between, on top and on sides.
6) Bake on cookie sheet for 10-12 minutes at 325°F... - 45.2385
1. Grease a baking sheet with oil or baking spray.
2. Preheat the oven to 450°F
3. In a saucepan add the butter, salt and tip the beer.
4. Heat over a medium low flame until it reaches boiling point.
5. Tip in the flour all at once... - 39.3718
Sun Dried Tomato And Basil Cheesecake Appetizer
1. Pre heat an oven at 175 C (350 F).
2. Finely chop 7 tablespoons sun dried tomatoes and keep aside.
3. Coarsely chop 15 no-€™s sun dried tomatoes and keep aside.
4. Grease a 9 ½ inch non stick spring form pan with cooking spray and line... - 49.2492
Sugar Glazed Pecans Appetizer
Are you crazy about the candied pecans, which you can buy packed in your grocery stores? With this easy recipe of candied pecans, there is no need to depend on those store-bought packs. Now your candied pecans can be more fresh and more crunchy. Here is the... - 124.273
Appetizing Chili Cheese Fries
If you are looking for an easy and quick appetizer that can be whomped up in minutes, chili cheese fries recipe is for your taking. Betty shares a simple appetizer recipe that is so mouth-watering and easy to make. A tasty treat that none would want to miss!... - 97.3224
Zucchini Hot Appetizers
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a bowl, add all ingredients to combine.
3) In a 12 x 8 x 2 inch baking dish, place the mixture.
4) Sprinkle with cheese on top.
5) Place inside oven and bake for 35 minutes.
6) Serve hot or... - 45.2435
Baked Stuffed Eggplant Appetizers
1. Cut each eggplant in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-inch-thick shells. Reserve shells; chop pulp and reserve.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F. In small skillet heat oil; add onion, pepper, eggplant pulp, and garlic and saute until vegetables are... - 38.0625
Zucchini Cheese Appetizers
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Use a 13x9 inch pan to grease.
3) In a bowl, add all ingredients except the zucchini.
4) Combine all together and finally add zucchini.
5) In a baking pan spread the mixture.
6) Place inside oven to... - 48.2616
Super Bowl Appetizing Beer Cheese Dip
Spice up your big game fest with Betty's beer cheese dip. Goes well with all appetizer or party food, this delicious any time dip is one great way to indulge in mindless munching on the big-game day. Stream the video recipe and get making your own dip. - 88.9156
Want a quick and easy salad recipe that would leave guests asking for more? Then watch this video and learn to make a potato salad that is not only mouth watering but also simple to prepare. - 83.768
Cream the cheese together with the remaining ingredients.
Cover and refrigerate. - 27.3582
Oven Onion Rings
Finally, I've found a recipe that consumes less oil and yet has that amazing taste. We are talking about the Oven Onion Rings here. They are pretty simple to make and you can learn how to do so from this Foodwishes video. And as always, enjoy! - 89.4859
Mini Chinese Egg Pancakes
These mini egg pancakes are the Chinese version of the Blinis and are chock full of vegetables Served with a tamari dipping sauce, these make a great dish for brunch parties or cocktail appetizers. - 92.2631
Goat Cheese Crumbles
Here's a unique take on cheese appetizers. This video asks you to take some goat cheese crumbles and coat them with flour, egg and breadcrumbs in a step by step fashion. Once done, you can cook them straight away and serve them hot on table. Love 'em! - 83.2719
Classic Potato And Leek Soup
A nice soup with some Yukon gold potatoes and the freshness of the leek! Have a mug on those sultry days to swing your moods! Watch Steve do this lovely soup! - 97.5044
1) Mix together all the ingredients. Toss well.
2) Transfer the salad to a serving bowl and serve while still fresh. - 92.4833
Purple Broccoli Quiche
The Chef shows how to make Purple Broccoli Quiche. Purple Broccoli is a seasonal vegetable and is healthy too. Instead of Purple Broccoli you can also use mushrooms or any kind of meat. - 94.4307
Fried Vegetable Tempura
Want to learn to a yummy appetizer recipe that is a Japanese classic? Relax, it isn't difficult and would not require you to slave in the kitchen for hours. Watch the video to know more! - 86.492
Fried Vegetable Spring Rolls
Thinking of serving spring rolls this evening as a treat to your loved ones but do not have the time? Then relax, sit back and just watch this video by CookingWithCam and learn to make yummy vegetable spring rolls in minutes! - 86.8898
Healthy Spinach Artichoke Dip
Chef Keith Snow's innovating low calorie spinach artichoke dip is appetizing enough to win your heart at the first shot. This dip would be a perfect accompaniment for any appetizer. Try this interesting and different variation of dip and enjoy the uniquely... - 78.994
Simple Creamy Tomato Soup
Simmer 5 minutes more; remove from heat and stir in 1 cup low-fat yogurt.
Serve immediately. - 24.2674
Pea Soup With Poached Egg
Have a nice bowl of pea soup with a poached egg! This should be a meal by itself! A rustic dish being demonstrated by Steve. See the video for more on this soup! - 99.1592
Cold Summer Potato Soup
Want to impress your guests with a chilled soup that is both refreshing and healthy. It also tastes great and is sure to knock everyone's socks off! Watch the video now to know more! - 79.2864
Sardine Cheese Dip
Place all the ingredients in the bowl and, using the double-bladed chopping knife, blend until smooth. - 22.518
Mix the vegetables with the rotini.
Blend the mayonnaise, seasoning and cheese together.
Thoroughly mix throughout the salad and serve. - 34.6161
Artichoke Hors D'oeuvres
1) Stuff each half of artichoke with filling and broil till golden.
2) Serve hot as the cheese melts. - 30.4308
Potato Cakes - Idaho Mashed Potatoes
Potatoes are the ultimate convenient food that can be turned into delicious dishes in minutes. If you have got leftover mashed potatoes at home and wondering what to do with it, try rolling them into delicious, crispy pancakes. Lip-smackingly good, these... - 78.9227
Cream Of Watercress Soup
1 Wash and dry watercress; save 6 sprigs for garnish. Chop remaining stems and leaves .
2 Smooth flour and 1 to 2 tablespoons milk to a paste in medium-size saucepan; slowly stir in remaining milk; add onion and salt. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixt - 22.5086
Looking for some warm winter appetizers, here is a recipe just right for you. Chef Pachi shows how to make Buñuelos or Cheese Balls using cheese and other common ingredients and serving them with sauce. Great to go as Christmas food or to go with warm... - 88.7356
Mexican Cheese Pie
Line bottom of greased 1/2-quart glass ring mold with peppers.
Sprinkle with cheese; mix eggs and paprika; pour over cheese; cover completely.
Microwave on high for 6 minutes; turn every 2 minutes; let stand 5 minutes. - 27.478
Mix the cherries, walnuts and celery in a mixing bowl.
Blend the mayonnaise with the sugar and vanilla.
Pour over cherries and stir to mix.
Chill for 1 hour before serving. - 29.9048
Carrot Raisin Salad
1. Combine carrots and raisins in large bowl.
2. Mix together remaining ingredients. Toss with carrots and raisins.
3. Chill well before serving. - 29.7949
Classic Italian Eggplant Rotini Stuffed With Ricotta Filling
A dual purpose vegetarian dish that can be served as an appetizer or as an entrée. Fresh eggplant breaded and rolled with a ricotta, sundried tomato and basil filling and slices of fresh mostadella cheese and baked to golden cheesy perfection, makes for an... - 102.096
Squeeze as much liquid as possible from thawed spinach.
Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
Refrigerate for several hours.
Shape into a ball and serve with bacon-flavored crackers. - 29.7039
Egg Parsley Dip
Combine ingredients and serve garnished with parsley. - 27.9693
Drain beets and reserve juice.
Mix beets with onion, herring and hard-cooked eggs.
Add 3 tablespoons reserved beet liquid and mix gently.
Garnish with sieved yolk.
Serve cold. - 31.0703
Dilled Shell Macaroni Salad
Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
Combine with mayonnaise, chives, dill, salt and pepper; toss lightly.
Garnish with bologna. - 34.0843
Macaroni And Cheese Salad
Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
Toss with remaining ingredients; chill. - 33.7891
1) Discard the damaged leaves and stems from the lettuce. Cut away the dark green tops of both heads. Separate the leaves by cutting the lettuce cores. Remove the central rib of the leaves, in case those are fibrous. Tear the inner leaves along... - 30.4715
Prawn Cocktail Sauce For Prawn Cocktail
This Prawn Cocktail Sauce is a well flavored dressing that has a pleasantly surprising effect on your taste buds. They are delicious with the cooked prawns. Why don€™t you get more innovative with this amazing Prawn Cocktail Sauce! - 27.2976
Jing Dun Steamed Eggs
1) In a large bowl, combine the beaten eggs with rest of the ingredients.
2) In two greased bowls or small heatproof glass dishes, pour the mixture and steam for about 10 minutes until the mixture is firm.
3) Top with soy sauce or Maggi and... - 33.0645
Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
Dip cloth into lemon water and wring well; wipe mushroom caps with acidulated cloth.
Mix together cheese, onion, egg, salt and pepper.
Fill caps with mixture.
Place on baking sheet and broil until bubbly and caps are cooked. - 30.3626
Steam the cauliflower until very tender.
Stir the cauliflower into the mornay sauce.
Poach the eggs.
Place an egg in each tart shell and smother with sauce.
Sprinkle with cheese.
Place on a baking sheet.
Broil in a preheated oven until cheese melts.
Serve... - 34.8368
Vegetable And Egg Salad With Homemade Dressing
Why not pamper yourself with an elegant salad with plenty of fresh crispy vegetables, eggs and flavorful homemade dressing. See this impressive video that is really interesting to watch and try out this colorful healthy salad. Gear up to make this salad a... - 90.6014
Easy Green Mayonnaise
In blender or food processor, combine mayonnaise, watercress, chives, dill weed, tarragon and seasoned salt.
Process until almost smooth. - 27.2565
Peas With Mushrooms And Onions
1) In a saucepan, melt the butter and add rest of the ingredients.
2) Cover the pan with a tight lid, shake the pan occasionally and cook until the peas are soft.
3) Serve immediately in a nice plate. - 31.9947
1. Cook the spinach and drain away the water
2. Cut the cream cheese into cubes and add to the spinach with all the other ingredients
3. Sprinkle with paprika and serve with wedges of hard boiled eggs - 31.0981
1) In a small bowl mix all ingredients until combined.
2) Pass as a spread on onion rolls. - 29.494
Egg Drop Soup
1 Bring chicken broth to boiling in a medium-size saucepan. Pour in beaten egg very slowly, stirring constantly, just until egg cooks and separates into shreds.
2 Ladle into heated cups; sprinkle with parsley, if desired. - 23.812
Poached Eggs With Cheese Sauce
1) In 3 greased patty pans, set over a poaching pan half filled with simmering water, break an egg into each and simmer covered until the eggs are firm.
2) In a frying pan half filled with simmering water, break an egg into the pan and simmer until the... - 27.8584
Marinated Artichoke Hearts
1) Follow package directions to cook artichoke.
2) Drain well.
3) Transfer into a large shallow dish to cool completely.
4) Pour salad dressing over artichokes and toss.
5) Refrigerate overnight to chill.
6) Stir several times before serving. - 34.0521
End Of The Line Pie
In saucepan melt chocolate and butter.
Gradually add milk and coconut.
Combine eggs and sugar, and stir into chocolate mixture.
Pour mixture into pie crust.
Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes.
Completely cool before cutting the individual servings. - 35.2494
Fresh Egg Lemonade
1) Shake or blend together the sugar, eggs and lemon juice.
2) Add more sugar to taste, if desired.
3) Strain the liquid into 2 tall glasses.
4) Fill each glass with soda.
5) Serve topped with an ice cube. - 34.5354