- » Konbu
Enjoy our collection of konbu recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for konbu recipes.
1) In a bowl, cover kanpyo with enough warm water and let soak for 10 minutes.
2) Press kanpyo between hands.
3) Wash in cold water and drain well.
4) Place it back to the bowl.
5) Again cover it with cold water and let soak for 5-10 minutes.
6)... - 40.3974
Shio Fuke Konbu Cucumber
Cut cucumber lengthwise in half and remove seeds.
Slice approximately 1/8 inch thick and sprinkle shio fuke konbu on top.
Let stand about 15 minutes before serving. - 25.3152
You May Also Like!
Mini Kombu Rice Balls
1) Slice konbu into small pieces.
2) Combine this well with hot rice.
3) Form this mixture into miniature riceballs or elongated sushi rolls.
4) Serve at once. - 27.3774
This is an orange twist to a traditional Japanese Ponzu Sauce. This sauce works great with most white fish sashimi and also adds a refreshing twist to tempura items. - 29.0592
Have you ever tried Japanese koyadofu which is one of the favorite Japanese appetizers in your home kitchen setting. Now you can make perfect koyadofu in your home with help of our chef who expains each step in a simple way. Now get the goodness of health and... - 91.5338
Wakame is a kind of seaweed. I decided to make some wakame soup. - 96.3907
Lu Chu Pot Roast Noodles
In a large saucepan, heat oil until hot.
Saute pork until browned.
Add onions, gingerroot and garlic; saute 1 minute.
Add Gingery Chicken Stock.
When stock boils, reduce heat.
With a damp cloth, wipe konbu lightly.
Cook in stock 3 to 5 minutes until... - 41.9273
Korean Dried Pollack Soup
This soup is indeed a delicious medley of seafood, vegetables and tofu. If you ask any older Korean who likes to drink alcohol, if the dried pollack soup helps to get over a hangover and he will swear by it. In Korea this soup is believed to have medicinal... - 105.041
1) Soak the rice in water for 1-2 hrs, drain well, reserve the water, and prepare the steamed rice as usual, to serve with the daikon later.
2) In a saucepan, alllow the reserved water to boil alongwith the daikon until tender.
3)... - 38.7493
1) In a deep pot with water add konbu kelp and chicken pieces, allow to boil.
2) Reduce the heat, remove the scum, simmer further until the meat is tender.
3) Transfer the chicken and broth to an attactive pot, place on portable heating unit, simmer... - 42.9238
In Japan, wasabi usually comes in a tube like this. It’s like toothpaste, but it’s green. The other day we bought some wasabi that wasn’t in a tube. It was also white for some reason. We ate in two different ways. - 98.1324
Matsutake Gohan Bimbo
There’s a famous mushroom in Japan called matsutake. A common thing to make with matsutake is matsutake gohan. Matsutake is very expensive so I’ve never actually bought it, but thanks to my active imagination, I have created a special dish called... - 101.761