- » Kipper Herring
Kipper Herring Recipes
Enjoy our collection of kipper herring recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for kipper herring recipes.
Kippered Herring Breakfast
Arrange kippers in a baking dish that is microwave-proof.
In a measuring cup, combine butter, Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and lemon juice.
Heat about 30 seconds until butter has melted.
Stir and pour over herring.
Cover and cook 2 minutes.
Give dish... - 37.5066
1. Butter a 2-qt. casserole. Heat water for hot water bath.
2. Wash, pare and cut potatoes into 1/4-in. slices.
3. Cook about 10 min., or until potatoes are partially tender. Drain and set aside.
4. Clean onions and cut into 1/4 in slices.
5. Drain on... - 35.9897
Baked Kipper Herring
1. Preheat oven to hot (400° F.).
2. Line a heavy skillet with aluminum foil and arrange the herring on it. Dot with butter and bake until the butter melts and the fish is heated through.
3. In a small saucepan or butter warmer, combine three tablespoons... - 27.2381
Sauteed Kippered Herring
Soak the kippered herring in boiling water to cover for 10 min.; drain.
Then saute in a small amount of hot salad oil in a skillet about 5 min., turning once.
Garnish with parsley and serve with the butter. - 23.8933
In a large, heavy skillet, heat butter.
Add onion; saute over medium heat until tender.
Add 4 kippers; fry 4 minutes on each side, turning once.
Repeat with remaining kippers, adding more butter as necessary.
Serve warm with bread slice. - 19.7884
You May Also Like!
Kipper Herring Spread
Kippered herring spread is a delicious spread made with canned kippered herrings and egg yolks. Combined together with vinegar, red pepper sauce, the kippered herring spread is good to be served with canapes. - 23.6687
Kippered Herring With Cream
Saute the onion in the butter in a skillet until a delicate brown, then remove from skillet.
Drain the herring, and saute lightly on both sides in same skillet.
Add the top milk and heat well.
Serve garnished with the onion rings, and a dash of paprika. - 26.613
Kipper Herring Salad
1. Remove bone and skin from herring and break into large pieces.
2. Drain beets and add to herring.
3. Separate slices of onion into rings and add to beets.
4. Sprinkle with French dressing and chill for 1 hour.
5. Shred lettuce and arrange on salad... - 35.4678
Fried Kippers In Cream
Cover herring with cold water and bring to boiling.
Drain and dry well with absorbent paper.
Meanwhile, heat butter in a skillet.
Add onion rings and cook until soft, turning occasionally.
Remove onion with slotted spoon and keep warm.
Place herring in... - 31.6732
1. Heat the oil in a large, heavy-bottom skillet over medium-low heat. Add the shallots, cumin, and turmeric, and cook, stirring constantly, for 1-2 minutes, or until the shallots have softened, taking care not to burn the spices as they are cooking in a... - 35.4527
1. Preheat the broiler on high.
2. Cut off head, fins and tail of each kipper and remove as many large bones as possible
3. In a large broiler or roasting pan, arrange the fish in a single layer.
4. Pour the boiling water over the fish,... - 33.5081
Cucumber And Kipper Stir Fried
1. Skin the kippers and cut diagonally into thin slices.
2. Cut cucumber into finger length strips and do the same with the onions.
3. Heat the oil, add the onions and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the kipper, tofu and cucumber and cook for 1-2... - 42.8287
Yogurt Herring Dip
1) In a food processor blend Neufchatel cheese, quartered onion, garlic clove, canned kippered herring, salt, pepper and horseradish till the mixture turns smooth.
2) Add the mixture to bowl and mix it with yogurt.
3) Serve the yogurt... - 34.6915
1. In a bowl, empty the can of kippered herring and mash well with the back of the spoon.
2. Add the onion and mix well. Set aside.
3. In another small bowl, combine the chopped eggs, mayonnaise, seasonings and olives.
4. On a clean work table, lay... - 45.1487
Mixed Fish Platter
Break up the lettuce into small pieces and arrange on a serving plate.
Slice mackerel and kipper into bite-sized pieces and arrange on lettuce together with rollmops.
Top with onion and peppercorns.
Chill until needed.
To serve, mix together the vinegar and... - 36.0581