- » Kids Vegetarian Side Dish
Kids Vegetarian Side Dish Recipes
Enjoy our collection of kids vegetarian side dish recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for kids vegetarian side dish recipes.
Wegmans Roasted Cauliflower Popcorn
If you are trying to get your kids to eat more vegetables, Roasted Cauliflower Popcorn just might have them coming back for seconds. Forget kids, even adults cant resist wanting to pickup these bite size morsels and pop them in the mouth, just like popcorn.... - 131.28
Fruit & Yogurt Elbow Salad
Who knew fruit and pasta would make such terrific pairing? This unique, kid-friendly salad is a delicious choice for a Summer picnic. But, it also makes a fantastic breakfast. - 123.646
Yukon Gold Potato Fans
Baked potatoes maybe easy to cook, but these Yukon Gold Potato Fans are crunchy, easy to make and a ton of fun to eat! - 123.495
Healthy Baked Beans And Mashed Potato
Here is a healthy dish for your kids! Healthy baked beans and mashed potato is a simple to make recipe which tastes divine. It is a hot favorite among kids as they just don’t have enough of it all the time. Happy cooking! - 115.8
Boondi Ka Raita
Boondi ka raita is the most popular yogurt dip of Indian festivals or weddings. This video shows how it can be made simply at home with a handful of ingredients and even then it tastes delightful. So if you like a little twist of taste try this dip. - 111.685
Homemade Kiwifruit Jam
Why not make a super simple kiwi jam at home. See this video that shares a microwave recipe for quick and easy homemade jam. The video is an excellent key to transform kiwi into an absolutely delicious jam. Watch the video and pamper your kids with this... - 110.9
Homemade Shoe String Potato Fries
Call these fries, frites, chips, sticks, crisps or whatever you like but these thin mini potato fries are golden, crisper, lighter, and less oily. They are full of flavor and live up to everything a French-fry should be! All you French-fry fans out there, you... - 109.261
Korean-style Soy Sesame Potatoes
This is such an easy and non-spicy Korean side dish using potatoes. Little cubes of potatoes covered in a sweet and sticky soy glaze, covered with roasted sesame seeds have a delicious combination of salty-sweet and slightly spicy taste. Enjoy! - 108.565
Lunch Box Ideas: Steamed Broccoli
1. In a big nonstick griddle roast tortilla on both sides applying butter until brown.
2. Spread shredded cheese over it and fold.
3. Remove from the griddle and cut into wedges.
4. Pack in the lunch box along with some steamed... - 104.365
Indian Baby Food-mung
1. Rinse the mung , pour in double the amount of water and keep aside.
2. Prepare carrots by washing and scraping off the skin and dice into small pieces .
3. In a pressure pan combine the carrots, the mung bean, salt and carom seeds.... - 104.098
Want to try a vegetarian Korean dish? Maangchi shows a soybean side dish recipe for her vegetarian friends. Boiling is the only way of cooking this, so soak dried soy beans and boil them with a few ingredients. Definitely a must try dish for anyone who wants... - 97.3024
Raw And Organic Onion Bread
Are you looking for simple way to make Raw Onion Bread? This recipe video will show you how to make it in easy steps. Raw Onion Bread is a delicious organic bread. It is included as main dish in lunch or dinner menu. Cook, share and enjoy this Raw Onion Bread... - 92.9272
Garlic Butter Tossed Vegetables
Wegmans Chef Nella Neeck show you how to make veggies and Italian bread even more delicious easily just by letting this amazing butter melt in--and the kids can help with it. - 92.5444
Glazed Baby Carrots
Need a classic side dish idea to impress both grownups and kids at your party. Then take a look at this Glazed Baby Carrots recipe. Watch the video to see how the chef combines steamed carrots with butter and brown sugar to make absolutely scrumptious side... - 89.1
Marrowfat Peas In Garlic And Tomato Sauce
There are not many protein friendly recipes for vegetarians, so if you are looking for one; here is a great marrowfat peas in garlic and tomato sauce recipe from Jameela, which is really simple and very flavorful. Even the meat lovers would like it. So take a... - 75.3828
Got fridge stocked up with fruits and need some quick fix before they rotten. Then take a look at this fruit salad recipe where the chef combines couple of fruits together and top it with lemon juice to make an excellent and healthy salad in no time. Watch... - 74.4417
Delicious Strawberry Mixed Jam
How nice would it be to have an accompaniment preserved which go with everything! Strawberry mixed jam preparation by Aloha is easy to follow and can be made in minutes. Now you can enjoy the flavor of strawberry anytime, any season! - 63.8158
Dice capsicum and potato. Finely chop 2 onions and roughly chop 1 onion, tomato and green chillies. Grind it to a smooth paste along with cashewnuts without adding water.
Heat 2 tbsp oil in a skillet and fry green bell peppers for 2-3 minutes on medium heat.... - 49.3562
Mango-tomato Summer Salsa
This recipe fits in with many cuisines such as Thai, Mexican, American, Vegetarian, Summer Parties, and is kid friendly. It is a Healthy Choices dish easy to make just dice and mix! It is Weight Watcher and South Beach Diet friendly! - 49.059
Deviled Green Beans
Insert shredding disc; shred cheese and set aside.
Change to metal blade.
Process garlic until chopped.
Cut onion and green pepper into chunks; discard green pepper seeds.
Add onion and green pepper to garlic and process with on-off bursts until coarsely... - 48.416
Curry from Karnataka which goes well with all kind of Indian breads or dosas. But its a best accompaniment for puris. For Puri recipe, follow the link below:
http://www.ifood.tv/recipe/puri_bhaji - 48.0601
Sweet Sour Cucumbers With Onions
1.Take a bowl, put cucumber slices in it and season with salt.
2.Put cold water enough to cover the slices.
3.Chill for 30 minutes.
4.Drain the refrigerated cucumber.
5.Put onion in it.
6.Make a mixture of vinegar, water, sugar, dill... - 47.6385
Using your hands tear the lettuce leaves into small pieces.
Put them into a salad bowl and add the quartered tomatoes.
Wash the cucumber and using a small, sharp knife cut off the end.
Cut the cucumber in half and then into half again, lengthways.
Cut these... - 47.0748
1) Cut the eggplants into 1/2 inch slices
2) Mix together the flour, salt, pepper, breadcrumbs and the parsley
3) Into another bowl, mix the egg and the milk
4) Dip each eggplant slice into the egg mixture and then into the flour mixture and place onto... - 46.7085
Dosa Green Chutney
Dosa Green chutney is a very easy, tasty and quick dish for an ideal indian style breakfast. Try and enjoy!! - 46.6866
Paneer & Peas Kurma
Can use Fried baby potatoes instead of cottage cheese. very less oil needed. - 46.3124
1. Make paste of cashew nuts, ginger, green chillies, reduced milk and 2 cardamoms.
2. Heat ghee in a pan, add cloves, the rest of the cardamoms and chopped onions, and saute. Make sure that it does not brown otherwise it will change the colour of the... - 46.26
Greens Dal Curry
This Greens dal curry is very healthy and tasty to be had with rice or chapati. Try and enjoy! - 46.127
1.Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2.In a saucepan, heat margarine and cook onions in it for 3 minutes.
3.Add flour, salt, nutmeg and pepper.
4.Slowly put milk and stir until the mixture boils.
5.Cook on low flame for 5... - 46.099
Spinach Sea Shells
1) Into a frying pan, pour in some oil and saute the garlic and onion
2) Add in the spinach and steam in the frying lid with the lid on
3) Into a bowl, mix together the cheeses, eggs, salt and oregano
4) Tip in the drained spinach mixture
5) Spoon in... - 46.0741
Stuffed Baked Zucchini
1) Using a knife, cut the zucchini lengthwise and scoop out the center
2) Keep the scooped out flesh, aside
3) Into a frying pan, add in oil and saute the onion till soft
4) Add to it the zucchini flesh and saute for 5 minutes
5) Spoon this mixture... - 45.4127
Drumstick Leaves Fry (muringa Ila Thoran)
This is a healthy dish made out of drumstick leaves.
Moringa oleifera, commonly referred to simply as Moringa, is the most widely cultivated variety of the genus Moringa. The leaves are highly nutritious, being a significant source of beta-carotene, Vitamin... - 45.1115
1. Wash jackfruit pices thoroughly (to remove the saltyness) and pressure cook for upto 2 whistles.
2. Mash the jackfruit coarsely.
3. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and fry urad dal and coriander seeds till light brown.
4. Prepare the masala by grinding coconut,... - 44.9287
1. Heat 1 tsp oil and fry the coriander seeds till golden brown.
2. Grind coconut, dry red chillies, tamarind paste and salt coarsely.
3. Now add the fried coriander seeds and grind again to a smooth paste. (Try to grind without adding water. If you want you... - 44.8223
Potato Parmesan Puffs
Creamy mash potatoes, combined with cheesy parmesan, piped and baked to perfection. These act as a great accompaniment with main courses like chicken and beef. - 44.6519
Grilled Eggplant Sandwiches
Cut 2 (1/2- inch-thick) slices lengthwise from opposite sides of each eggplant; reserve for another use.
Cut each eggplant lengthwise into 4 (3/4-inch-thick) slices; set aside.
Cut red peppers in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds and... - 44.6345
Chunky, Spiced Applesauce… With Soused Raisins
This spiced, not-too-sweet version of a comforting old-time favorite -applesauce- is one of my children's preferred accompaniments to dinner any time of the year. By far, Macintosh apples make the best applesauce, so they make up the majority of this... - 44.4501
1) Into a pot of boiling water, place the cauliflower and bring to a boil
2) Reduce the flame, cover with a lid and simmer for about 10 minutes till tender
3) Combine the parmesan cheese and the breadcrumbs
4) Then combine the milk and eggs
5) Dip the... - 44.3753
In food processor or blender bowl, combine red, green and jalapeho peppers.
Process until finely chopped, stopping to scrape side of bowl if needed.
Pour mixture into 2-quart measure.
Stir in sugar and vinegar.
Microwave at High for 5 minutes.
Stir thoroughly... - 44.1915
Mix flour, sooji and salt. Add sufficient water to make the dough. Keep it aside for half an hour.
Make small balls of the dough, roll it into tiny puris (make it to chapathi size and cut into small puris) and deep fry them in oil.
Grind all the... - 43.6936
In 2-quart casserole, blend dry milk and water with whisk.
Stir in vanilla.
Microwave at High for 8 to 14 minutes, or until temperature registers 190°F, stirring after half the time.
Cool to 115°F.
Blend in plain yogurt and chocolate syrup.
Cover with... - 43.3144
Quick Yogurt Pops
In a medium saucepan stir together milk and gelatin, then let stand 5 minutes.
Stir over low heat till gelatin dissolves.
Stir in yogurt and honey, then fold in fruit.
Spoon mixture into paper cups.
Cover each cup with a small piece of foil.
Cut a slit in the... - 43.2473
Cabbage Saute is a very simple, light dish. Healthy and tasty, quick dish. Try it and enjoy!!! - 43.2187
Whisk curds,add the salt, red chilli powder, chaat masala and mix well. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Add the potatoes, green chilli and coriander leaves. Mix well.
Transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with roasted cumin powder. Refrigerate until... - 43.125
Cheesy Creamy Spinach
1) Into a saucepan, melt the butter and then add in the flour
2) Add in the milk and mix quickly with a whip to form a white sauce
3) Add in the cayenne, nutmeg, cheese and allow to simmer for 2 minutes and keep aside
4) Into a steamer, place the... - 43.0119
Pressure cook potatoes.
Peel outer skin & cut into large pieces.
Slit green chillies, wash & chop leaves.
Heat oil, add cunim seeds, chillies & then chopped onions.
When it turns golden, add leaves & fry for 1 or 2 minutes.
Add turmeric powder, chilli... - 42.9879
Carrot Walnut Salad
1.Take a small bowl and put in raisins. Add 1/4 cup of warm water. Keep aside.
2. Take a medium mixing bowl and into this put in all the remaining ingredients. Toss well.
3.Drain the raisins. Reserve about 1 tablespoon of water.
4. Add the raisins to... - 42.8404
Green Peas Curry
BOIL THE PEAS FOR 3 MINUTE IN WATER.
THEN GRIND IT SUCH THAT IT DOES NOT BECOME PASTE.
CUT ONION INTO BIG SLICE
.BOIL POTATO FOR 8 MINUTE THEN CUT IT INTO BIG PIECES.
TAKE PAN ON GAS AND POUR 1/2 TEA CUP OF OIL IN IT.
ADD SLICED ONOIN IN IT WHEN OIL IS... - 42.8273
Date Tamarind Chutney
Date Tamarind Chutney or Sweet Chutney is an extremely popular condiment for most North Indian 'Chaat' dishes. Its tangy taste and smooth texture are perfect to tickle your taste buds and add the extra zing to snacks/appetizers like Sev Puri, Dahi Batata... - 42.7078
Crispy Quick Potato Fry
This potato fry can be very quickly made. Spicy potatoes stir fried tastily. Enjoy!! - 42.0735
Worzel's Fresh Fruit Salad
Put the sugar and water into a small saucepan and put over a low heat.
Stir once and then simmer for 5 minutes.
Squeeze the juice from the lemon and pour into a serving bowl.
Peel the bananas and using a small sharp knife cut them into thin slices.
Wash the... - 41.6222
Corn Vegetable Medley
1. In a large flame proof casserole or skillet combine soup and milk and stir to blend.
2. Place on a medium high heat and bring to a boil, stirring every few minutes.
3. To the boiling liquid add vegetables and stir well to coat.
4. When mixture... - 41.5328
1 Mix and wash thoroughly all Dals (lentils). Soak for 15 minutes. Cook slowly in medium heat until half done.
2 Heat ½ of ghee and fry onions. Add all of the spices until onions are fried until light golden brown.
3 Add the onion and mixture to Dals... - 41.4147
Cauliflower Au Gratin
1. Preheat broiler on medium high.
2. In a shallow casserole or a baking dish, arrange flowerets in a single layer.
3. Sprinkle salt and pepper to season well.
4. Pour the cheese sauce over the cauliflower to coat evenly.
5. Sprinkle... - 41.3709
Vazhaithandu Curd Pachadi
Raita or pachadi is a South Asian/Indian condiment based on yogurt (dahi) and used as a sauce or dip. The yogurt is seasoned with coriander (cilantro), cumin, mint, cayenne pepper, and other herbs and spices. Vegetables such as cucumber and onions are mixed... - 41.2798
Cheddar Zucchini Supreme
1. Peel and slice the zucchini.
2. Grease a 1 1/2 quart baking casserole with butter or oil.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F
4. In a skillet, melt the butter.
5. Add the zucchini and sautÃ© until limp.
6. Add the seasonings and... - 41.1047
1) Into the blender add in the tofu, cider vinegar, yogurt, lemon juice, tamari, oil, dry mustard and garlic
2) Blend the ingredients till smooth
3) Store the mayonnaise into a tight fitting glass jar
4) Place in the refrigerator
5) Serve with... - 41.0793
Dry Potato Curry
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Add cloves cinnamon, peppercorns, poppy seeds and fennel seeds. Fry on a low heat till nice aroma comes out. Keep it aside.
Grind a masala by adding coconut, dry red chilli and tamarind pulp along with 1/4 cup of water to a coarse... - 41.0768
1. Grate onions and potatoes.
2. Mix them with flour.
3. Add salt and pepper to the mixture
4.Heat oil in a frypan.
5.Fry the latkes until golden brown.
6.Serve with apple sauce or sour cream.
7.Fried eggs and bacon can also be... - 40.9977
Cranberry Orange Bread
Measure flour and blend dry ingredients.
Mix in shortening, orange rind and juice and egg.
Fold in cranberries.
Bake one hour at 350°F.in a well greased 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
Cool thoroughly before slicing. - 40.984
1.Preheat the oven toaster to 350 degrees F.
2.In a small bowl, mix together cheese, egg substitute, cream cheese, sugar, cornstarch and vanilla extract.
3 . On a oven tray place the bread slices and top each slice with the cheese... - 40.7798
1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2.Take 1 tablespoon honey and mix yeast in it until dissolved.
3.Once bubbles settle, add 2 more tablespoons honey and oil to the mixture.
4.Combine salt and flour and add one cup in a single time to... - 40.6858
Summer Cucumber Dip
Just try this summer cucumber dip, simple, quick and easy to make. It is ready in less than 10 minutes. This dip is a good accompaniment to carrot and celery stick or anything other finger food. Kids will love this dip and enjoy eating. - 40.435
Walnut Fruit Salad
1.In a large mixing bowl, mix together oil, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard with a wire whisk.
2. Add in lettuce, tomatoes and endive. Toss well to coat.
3.Take a serving bowl and transfer the salad into it. Top with walnuts and kiwi fruit.
4.... - 40.3722
Grapefruit And Savory Jelly
Pour boiling water over savory in small bowl.
Let stand 15 minutes.
Strain through cheese cloth into measuring cup.
Add more water, if needed, to make 1/2 cup.
Combine savory water, grapefruit juice and pectin in 2-quart bowl.
MICROWAVE 5 to 7 MINUTES... - 40.2463
Jhuri Aloo Bhaja
I like this Aloo Jhuri Bhaja recipe. My grand mother used to make this Aloo Jhuri Bhaja recipe whenever I visited her. This reminds me of sweet memories of childhood.Aloo Jhuri Bhaja is a crispy Indian vegetable dish. It can be eaten for breakfast or... - 40.1664
Tendle Bibbe Upkari (tindora Cashew Fry)
This is one of the famous Mangalorean curries. This recipe is usually prepared during hindu new year, the season when tender cashew nuts are available in the markets. This recipe is common in the konkani weddings or any other functions. Cashew nuts can be... - 40.1495
Aloo Palak Methi Fry
Boil, peel & cut potatoes into small square cubes. ( Fill half of a glass vessel with water, add potatoes and microwave for 10 mins)
Heat oil in a vessel, when hot add mustard, jeera onions & ginger garlic. Saute until onions turn light brown.
Add washed &... - 40.0447
Have baked tart shells ready.
Slice berries and fill.
Small berries may be left whole.
Put water, sugar and cornstarch in small saucepan.
Heat and stir until it boils and thickens.
Remove from heat.
Stir to dissolve.
Put saucepan in cold... - 39.7968
1) For garnishing, slice few ribbons from carrot using a potato peeler.
2) On a rough grater, grate the rest of the carrot.
3) In a polythene bag, mix all ingredients except cress by shaking well.
4) Into a salad bowl, transfer the salad... - 39.2941
Easy Macaroni Cheese
1. In a pan, take 1 1/2 pints boiling water. Add 1 level teaspoon salt to it. Stir it to dissolve well.
2. Add macaroni to it.
3. Cook on a medium flame till macaroni becomes tender. Do not overcook; elbow length quick-cooking macaroni takes only 7... - 39.221
1.In a blender, blend spinach, green onions, parsley, dill weed, yogurt or sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, chives, thyme and salt.
2.Once done refrigerate the mixture overnight.
3.Serve cold with favorite fresh vegetables. - 39.213
Brown Soda Bread
This soda bread is healthy and tastes really good! The texture is moist and chewy, and it feels like an authentic Irish soda bread. - 39.1331
Peppers, Onions And Mushrooms
1) Using a knife, de seed and slice the pepper into thin trips
2) Cut the onion into thin slices
3) Into a frying pan, saute the sliced up peppers and onions
4) Under running water, wash the mushrooms and using a knife, slice them
5) Once the... - 39.1131
My friend, who is a professional chef at a famous Five Star Hotel, gave me this Cucumber Raita recipe. It is a very simple and easy recipe. You will love this delicious recipe. Cucumber Raita is the best Indian condiment .It has cooling effect which can be... - 38.8964
Idli Dosa Chutney Powder
Idly dosa chutney powder is a side dish for idly and dosa in south indian breakfast. Spicy and tasty try and enjoy!! - 38.8562
Wash the dal and cook the dal in a sauteuse with the turmeric, salt and the sugar over a medium flame.
Add half of the ginger to the dal along with the cumin powder.
When the dal is cooked and thick remove from the fire.
Heat the ghee in a pan and add the... - 38.2399
Salsa De Cilantro
Mix oil, vinegar, lemon and garlic.
Chop tomato, scallion and cilantro.
Pour dressing over veggies and mix well.
Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving so that the flavors can meld. - 38.1235
My mother created this Raita recipe. It is a very simple and easy recipe. You will love this delicious recipe. Raita is the best Indian condiment .It has cooling effect which can be used to foil the effects of spicy Indian dishes .Raita is a side dish which... - 37.96
Easy Scalloped Potatoes
1) Into a greased baking dish, layer the base with half the potatoes
2) Scatter the half the onions, flour, salt, butter and the milk
3) Cover with the rest of the potatoes
4) Cover aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour at 350 F
5) Take off the cover and... - 37.7048
Using a sharp knife cut the potatoes into even-sized pieces.
Half fill a medium sized saucepan with water and bring to the boil.
Add the potatoes and a little salt, cover and boil for about 10-15 minutes until they are tender.
Drain the potatoes into a... - 37.6734
Gnocchi With Spinach, Tomato And Pine Nuts
Combine the cream, undrained crushed canned tomatoes and garlic in large pan.
Bring to boil; simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
Add sun-dried tomatoes and olives; simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook gnocchi... - 37.6636
Corny As Kansas In August Corn Pudding
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Coat 1 1/2-quart casserole or souffle dish with cooking spray.
2. Coat medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat. Add onion and red pepper. Cook, stirring, 5 minutes or until softened. Add corn. Cook,... - 37.6585
Creamy Potato Soup
One potato, two potato, five potato soup! Easy, flavorful, creamy potato soup is just five potatoes away. - 37.6533
A creativity of rasam with plums. - 37.6289
Cool Fruit Salad
Combine first 5 ingredients in small bowl and mix well.
Arrange fruit in individual serving dishes.
Spoon some of sauce over top.
Garnish with coconut. - 37.4509
Orange Onion Avocado Salad
Arrange the lettuce on a platter.
Layer the oranges, onion and avocados in overlapping rows.
Mix the dressing ingredients together in a bowl and spoon over the salad. - 37.3672
Mix together all ingredients.
Refrigerate for at least one hour so that all the flavors can meld. - 37.2585
Baby Food - Cream Of Wheat
This is another yummy meal to make for your infant. Why serve your child boring and bland baby food from a jar when you can make savory, fresh, nutritious food for you child in minutes! This is a savory cream of wheat dish for your little one that is good... - 37.2187