- » Kedgeree
Kedgeree is a dish of British origin which is prepared using flaked fish, parsley, boiled rice, butter, curry powder and sultanas. The dish is also known as kedgaree, kitcherie, kitchri, or kitchari. This dish is ... More »
Put the milk and 300ml water in a large, shallow pan with the bay leaf and haddock.
Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 3 minutes.
Once cooked, the fish will turn opaque and white; if it is not fully cooked, remove from the heat, cover and leave to poach... - 47.325
1) Prepare the lentils according to pack instructions.
2) In a pan, fry onion in butter until tender.
3) Add rice and sauté for a while.
4) Pour in a ladleful of warm stock and stir gently until it gets absorbed. Repeat the process... - 47.0359
Haddock And Ham Kedgeree
1) Discard the skin and bones from smoked haddock. Prepare fish flakes.
2) Chop the white parts of the hard-boiled eggs.
3) In a saucepan, add rice in boiling, salted water and cook to tender.
4) Rinse the rice in water and drain... - 46.6468
Fresh Salmon Kedgeree
In a large pan or wok, heat the oil and add the onion.
Cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes, trying not to let the onion brown.
Add the garlic, then the rice and toss well.
Remove from the heat.
Meanwhile, in a pan, heat two thirds water to one third vinegar... - 46.3839
1. In a wok, heat oil.
2. Once hot, add onions and saute for a few minutes till they turn translucent.
3. Add rice and saute on a medium flame till the grains just start to change colour.
4. Reduce flame, add turmeric and stock and mix well.
5. On a... - 45.6717
Kedgeree has a fine taste. Kedgeree gets its taste from peas mixed with rice and eggs. Kedgeree is inspired by many food chains all over the world. - 45.5203
Kedgeree Main Dish
Place the butter or margarine in an 8-cup (2 L) microwave-safe dish.
Microwave 2 minutes at HIGH.
Add the onions, garlic, celery, celery leaves and apple.
Microwave 5 minutes at HIGH.
Add the curry powder, stir thoroughly.
Then add the cooked rice,... - 44.615
Smoked Haddock Kedgeree
1. Wash the haddock and then cut into large pieces.
2. Wash the parsley, separating stalks and reserving curly tops for garnish.
3. In a saucepan, place fish covering with 1 1/2 pints (scant 1 litre) of water and adding parsley stalk,... - 44.3381
1.In a pan, heat butter and saute onions until soft.
2.Stir in kippers and cook by shaking the pan until heated through.
3.Add rice and pepper and mix using a fork for 3-4 minutes.
4.Combine cream and mustard and blend.
5.Add the mixture to kippers in... - 44.2193
Cut the haddock into two or three pieces.
Put the trivet in the pressure cooker and pour in 300 ml (1/2 pint) water.
Put the fish on the trivet.
Crease an ovenproof dish or solid separator and put the washed rice in it with 400 ml (3/4 pint) water and 5 ml (1... - 44.1029
Salmon And Kipper Kedgeree
Cook the kipper and salmon in 600 ml water with the bay leaf over a medium heat for 7 minutes, then allow to cool slightly.
Discard the bay leaf and lift the fish out of the water, reserving the water.
Flake the fish, discarding any skin or bone.
Rinse the... - 44.0942
Slice eggs in half lengthwise; remove yolks.
Chop egg whites and yolks separately.
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, place over medium-high heat until hot.
Add green onions, and saute until tender.
Reduce heat to low.
Add chopped... - 43.81
Cover the fish well with cold water, add the bay leaf and bring slowly to the simmer.
Remove the pan from the heat and, first checking by using a fork to ensure the fish comes easily away from any bones, remove the fish from the water; but reserve the... - 43.1545
Saute 1 chopped onion in 2 tablespoons (30 mL) hot butter until tender.
Stir in the rice, salt, thyme and boiling water.
Cover and cook on low heat until rice is tender or bake at 350F (180C) for 20 to 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small skillet or saucepan... - 42.6603
1. In a saucepan boil 2 pints water with 1 teasp salt and cook rice in it until tender.
2. Boil the rice rapidly without covering for 10-15 mins.
3. Strain the rice through wire strainer. Rinse the rice under cold water to separate the grains if... - 42.3554
1) Flake the fish.
2) In fast-boiling salted water, cook rice for about 20 minutes until tender, and drain well.
3) Chop the egg yolks from hard-boiled eggs.
3) Mix rice with flaked fish, melted butter, seasonings, parsley and chopped... - 42.1565
1) Take a large microwave proof container and add the rice to it.
2) Mix the curry paste along with the stock and add to the rice.
3) Cover it with a cling film.
4) Use a fork to pierce the film several times.
5) Set microwave on HIGH and cook for 6... - 42.0418
1) In a large saucepan, poach the smoked haddock in the milk and butter.
2) Drain the fish thoroughly, then allow to cool and flake.
3) In a large pan, combine all the ingredients together.
4) Cook over a low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring ... - 41.9647
Smoked Haddock Kedgeree
1.Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2.Prepare the rice in salted boiling water until soft.
3.Place the rice under cold running water and drain.
4.In a pan, heat butter, put onion to it and fry until soft.
5.Turn off the flame and add... - 41.5937
1) With a knife, discard the skin, bone and flake salmon.
2) Skin and chop onions finely.
3) Hard boil eggs and chop whites coarsely.
4) Cut butter into small pieces.
5) In a large saucepan boil 1 1/2 cups of water with a pinch of... - 41.5843
Cook the sausages under a preheated moderate grill (broiler) for 8 to 10 minutes on each side until well cooked.
Meanwhile heat the butter and oil in a pan and saute the onion, garlic and celery for 3 minutes.
Stir in the turmeric and rice.
Heat gently,... - 41.3537
Place the haddock in a pan with the milk and half the butter.
Bring to the boil, then poach for 10 minutes.
Remove the skin and any bones and flake the fish.
Cook the rice in plenty of boiling salted water for about 10 minutes, until just tender.
Chop two of... - 40.7831
Curried Finnan Kedgeree
1) Cover the fish with chilled water, add in the bay leaves and heat slowly until the water is just starting to boil.
2) The fish will now be cooked, so take it off from the heat.
3) Remove the fish, but reserve the water.
4) In a large... - 40.7381
1) Wash the haddock and cut it into pieces. Put the pieces in a pan with just enough salted water to cover the haddock pieces. Cook gently over low flame till they have softened.
2) Strain the liquid and put it aside to be used when cooking the... - 40.6078
Saute 1 chopped onion in 2 tablespoons hot butter until tender.
Stir in the rice, 3/4 teaspoon salt, thyme and boiling water.
Cover and cook on low heat until rice is tender or bake at 350F for 20 to 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small skillet or saucepan saute... - 40.4829
Kedgeree is a rice and fish recipe cooked with eggs that is traditionally served for breakfast. Evolved from British and Indian cooking, the kedgeree is a fusion reicpe and is spiced with curry powder. This recipe is cooked with haddock fillets and makes a... - 40.1154
1. Boil and drain rice.
2. Boil gram till tender and dry.
3. Dice carrots and shell peas. Boil.
4. Hard-boil eggs, sieve yolks and chop whites.
5. Mix together rice, gram, vegetables, half the eggs, milk, margarine, seasoning and parsley.
6. Reheat, serve... - 40.0094
1) Boil water with salt and add rice. Cook till rice is soft.
2) Drain water and rinse well.
3) Heat butter and fry the onion till soft.
4) Discard skin and bone from the haddock. Peel into big chunks.
5) Add onion and eggs with the rice and mix... - 39.9531
1. Pour boiling water over the haddock fillet and set aside for 10 minutes. Lift the fish from the water, discard the skin and bones and flake the flesh. Reserve the water.
2. Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onion. Cook for 10 minutes over a medium... - 39.774
1. Boil rice, drain well.
2. Hard-boil the eggs. Sieve yolk of hard-boiled eggs and chop whites.
3. Clean and cut fish. Boil in a court bouillon.
4. Skin and flake fish. Remove the bones.
5. Add rice and seasoning to fish.
6. Add about half the cooked eggs,... - 39.704
1. In a frypan melt the butter and stir in the rice.
2. Flake the fish into the rice and add the curry powder and pepper.
3. Stir well.
4. Put in the green onions, chopped eggs and cream.
5. Heat through thoroughly and serve with chopped parsley. - 37.6069
The day before you're going to serve the Kedgeree, microwave rice.
Hard boil the eggs.
Place fish in a microwave-safe dish, cover with milk and water.
Cover and heat 4 minutes at HIGH.
Let stand 15 minutes.
Drain fish in colander 15 minutes.
Break up in... - 37.3168
1. Let the oven heat to 300°F (150°C/Gas 2).
2. Place in a serving dish to warm.
3. Slice the egg whites and press the yolks through a sieve.
4. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan or frying pan.
5. Put in to it the rice, fish, egg... - 37.2523
1. Melt butter in a pan, add fish and rice and mix well.
2. Add half the eggs with cheese, parsley, seasoning and sauce mornay. Stir well.
3. Add lemon juice, mix well, pile the mixture onto a serving dish. Decorate with remaining egg slices. Serve hot.
For... - 37.1835
Kedgeree With Long Grain Rice
1. Slice the egg white.
2. Sieve the yolk. Keep it aside for garnishing.
3. With the help of a fork, flake the fish.
4. In a saucepan, take flaked fish, sliced egg white, cooked rice and seasoning.
5. Heat it over a moderate flame. Add... - 36.765
While this is an excellent way of using left over cooked smoked haddock or other fish, it is such a satisfying dish that it is worthwhile cooking the haddock specially.
The fillet is better than a whole fish in this particular case.
Poach the haddock in a... - 36.7276
1. Take a pan and melt butter in it.
2. Add in the flaked fish and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add the couple of chopped eggs, rice, lemon juice, salt and pepper as required.
4. Stir the mixture over heat for a few minutes.
5. Place it on... - 35.8784
1. Heat the oil in a large, heavy-bottom skillet over medium-low heat. Add the shallots, cumin, and turmeric, and cook, stirring constantly, for 1-2 minutes, or until the shallots have softened, taking care not to burn the spices as they are cooking in a... - 35.4527
Kedgeree Of Salmon
Kedgeree Of Salmon is easy and quick to make. If you love your seafood with milk and rice then you should try out Kedgeree Of Salmon recipe. - 35.4372
Put the rice into a large saucepan, half full of boiling salted water.
Stir once and boil for 15 minutes.
Put the eggs into a small saucepan half full of cold water.
Bring to the boil.
Boil for 10 minutes.
Put the haddock into a pan of boiling water and... - 35.2518
1.In a pan, heat fish, rice, and chopped egg whites in butter
2.Season with salt and pepper
3.Sprinkle with sieved egg yolks
4.Serve with rice - 34.132
1. In a deep pan, boil rice.
2. Meanwhile, poach haddock.
3. Carefully peel away any skin and remove bone from the fish. Using a fork, flake it.
4. Heat a saucepan and melt margarine. Put in rice, flaked fish, salt and pepper. Saute thoroughly, for... - 33.812
Cook rice in large quantity of boiling water until tender, 12 to 15 minutes; drain.
Poach fish until tender.
Shell and chop eggs.
Melt butter in saucepan, add boned, flaked fish and rice.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Stir in chopped eggs, heat... - 33.665
Finnan Haddie Kedgeree
Melt the butter in a large saucepan.
Add the flaked fish and rice, and stir over moderate heat until heated through.
Stir in the eggs and seasoning.
If the mixture looks too dry, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of milk.
Garnish with parsley and serve. - 33.2233
Chop onions and cook in butter till soft but not brown.
Add the peeled, grated apple.
Wash and clean rice and add to the onions and also the water.
Bring to boil and simmer gently till rice is tender.
Add milk, mustard' and nutmeg, and grated cheese.
Season... - 32.9627
Melt butter in pan.
Add fish; saute 2 to 3 minutes.
Add rice, 2 eggs (chopped), salt as desired, pepper, and a good squeeze of lemon juice.
Stir over heat a few minutes.
Arrange on toast.
Slice remaining egg; use for garnish. - 32.9523
Kedgeree has a succulent taste. The fish and rice gives the Kedgeree a rousing taste. Kedgeree is inspired by restaurants across the world. Must catch it. - 32.6956
Cook rice according to preferred method.
Simmer fish filet in a little water until fish flakes easily (approximately 5 to 10 minutes).
Drain and set aside.
Melt butter in saucepan.
Add cooked rice, fish, eggs, salt and pepper.
Stir gently over moderate heat... - 32.4417
Classic Smoked Haddock Kedgeree
Melt 75 g/3 oz of the butter in a frying pan.
Add the fish, rice, eggs, salt and pepper to taste and the cayenne.
Stir in the cream.
Heat through gently without boiling, then pile onto a warmed serving dish.
Cut the remaining butter into small pieces and dot... - 32.3677
Put the rice in a pot and pour over the boiling stock (broth). Season with a pinch of salt, cover and cook for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave covered while you prepare the smoked fish fillets.
Lay the fillets in a dish with the water, cover and... - 32.3676
Mix all ingredients (except parsley) together lightly and heat thoroughly.
Use double boiler on top on range or baking pan placed in pan of water in 350°F oven for about 30 minutes.
Can be served hot or cold for breakfast, luncheon or supper.
Good with green... - 32.2052
1. Cook the rice in plenty of boiling salted water until just tender, about 12 minutes. Drain and rinse with hot water.
2. Poach the haddock fillets in water until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10 minutes. (Alternatively place the haddock in a... - 31.841
Deep Fried Kedgeree In Pastry Casing
1 Place the haddock, rice, peas, carrots, baked beans, onion, egg, salt, pepper and curry powder in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
2 Roll out the puff pastry thinly (1/2 inch thick). Cut the pastry into 4 rounds, each about 6 inches in diameter.
3 Place 3 large... - 31.5807
Smoked Cod Kedgeree
1. Cook the brown rice in boiling salted water for about 25 minutes until just tender. Drain thoroughly.
2. Fry the onion gently in the butter for 3-4 minutes. Add the drained cooked rice, and stir over the heat for a further 2-3 minutes, until the rice is... - 31.3825
Melt the butter or margarine and stir in the fish and rice.
Add the seasonings and chopped egg white.
Heat gently until thoroughly hot through.
Pile on a dish.
Rub the egg yolk through a sieve and sprinkle over the top. - 30.7606
1. Put into top of double boiler the rice,chopped eggs, parsley, fish and milk or cream; add the salt, pepper and mustard. Cover and cook over boiling water about 10 minutes. - 28.9812
The British sometimes serve this at breakfast, but we like it for dinner with a crisp salad. - 28.8552
Mix all ingredients together well in top of double boiler.
Heat over water until heated through. - 28.6303
Smoked Fish Kedgeree
Boil and dry the rice.
Divide the fish into small flakes.
Cut the whites of the eggs into slices and sieve the yolks.
Melt the butter in a saucepan, add to it the fish, rice, egg whites, salt, pepper and cayenne and stir until hot.
Turn the mixture on to a... - 27.8701
Creamy Salmon Kedgeree
1 Preheat the oven to 400Â°F. Beat the cream until stiff.
2 Put all the ingredients, except the cheese and butter, in a bowl, then fold gently to combine.
3 Transfer the mixture to a buttered baking dish, sprinkle with the cheese, then dot with the butter.... - 27.4647
Heat the oven to 130Â° C.
Melt butter in a large hollow pan.
Add the long grain rice and slowly saute it, taking care not to break the grains.
Add salt, freshly ground pepper and cayenne pepper.
Add the hard-boiled eggs and the salmon.
Finish off in the... - 27.4
Combine all ingredients in top of double boiler and blend well.
Set over hot water and heat through, stirring frequently - 27.0579
Cook rice according to package directions.
In saucepan combine rice, salmon, milk, eggs, parsley, butter, salt, and pepper.
Cover and cook, stirring carefully once or twice, till heated through. - 26.7188
Easy Smoked Haddock Kedgeree
Flake fish coarsely with a fork and mix with the chopped egg, cooked rice and seasoning in a saucepan over moderate heat until hot, adding a little milk if necessary.
Place the mixture on a hot serving dish and garnish with parsley sprigs. - 26.0332
Simmer cashews with onions in water for 15 minutes.
When tender, drain, add rice, butter and season with pepper and salt to taste.
Warm through in greased oven dish and garnish with chopped parsley. - 20.8569
Kedgeree Recipes By Category