- » Karela Masala
Karela Masala Recipes
Enjoy our collection of karela masala recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for karela masala recipes.
Karela Masala By Chef Sonali
Clean, wash and wipe karela absolutely dry. Remove half a centimeter from both ends. Slit and keep aside. Mix red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, dry mango powder, turmeric powder and salt. Stuff the karela/bittergourd with this masala. Keep... - 51.9414
1. Slit gourds from one side. Remove seeds and pulp.
2. Cut into thin slices. Boil in salted water until half cooked.
3. Remove and drain.
4. Grind together the red chillies, peppercorns, half the mustard, tamarind and garlic to a fine paste.
5. Finely slice... - 46.3473
You May Also Like!
Stuffed Aaasala Karela
Scrape bitter gourds lightly.
Make vertical slits along each gourd.
Remove the pith and seeds and finely chop the pulp.
Keep aside to use later in stuffing Run salt all over the gourds.
Keep aside for 1 hour.
Wash the cored bitter gourds well in running... - 39.7677
Potato Stuffed Karela
1. Salt bitter gourds. Remove seeds and pulp.
2. Smear inside and out with salt and set aside.
3. Boil potatoes. Peel and dice.
4. Mix with chilli powder, garam masala and tamarind pulp.
5. Stuff bitter gourds with prepared stuffing.
7. Heat fat. Fry... - 36.8026
Karela Khatta Mitha
1. Boil oil
2. Add kalaunji and sliced onions; then add rest of the masalas. Onions should not be browned.
3. When masalas are well browned, add fried karelas cut into strips, mango strips, gur and tamarind water and cook till oil floats to the top. - 30.4642
Vegetable Stuffed Karela
1. Slit gourds from oen side. Remove seeds and pulp carefully without breaking the gourds.
2. Rub inside and out with salt and let them stand for 5 to 6 hours.
3. Wash well under running water.
4. Boil the gourds in salted water to which has been added the... - 45.6405
Stuffed Karelas In Gravy
1. Fry de-seeded karelas lightly.
2. Fry the stuffing lightly, add salt, masalas, green coriander, mango powder and red chillies.
3. Stuff karelas tightly with the filling.
4. Make a gravy with the paste of onions, garlic-ginger, tomatoes, haldi, salt and red... - 33.4648
Stuffed Karelas Or Bitter Gourd
Wash the karelas. Slit on side and remove the seeds and soft fluff inside. Place in a dekchi half filled with salted water and allow to boil for five minutes. Drain the water and squeeze out the bitter juice by lightly squeezing each karela between your... - 34.1594
Karela pickle is a spiced bitter gourd pickle recipe. Made with fresh karelas or bitter gourds, the karela pickle is spiced with ginger and pickling spices with lemon pieces to taste. - 30.3453
1. Scrape, wash and cut the bitter gourd pieces of desired size, sprinkle the turmeric powder and some salt, and leave aside for 1 1/2-2 hours.
2. Strain the gourd pieces to remove water, and discard this water. Wash the gourd pieces thoroughly. Dry on a... - 40.9824
Kashmiri Karela Or Bitter Gourd
Cut each bitter gourd into 2 pieces and remove the seeds and fluff within. Cut into thick chips and place in a pan of salted water for half an hour.
Place a frying pan half filled with mustard oil on a medium flame. Wash the peeled and quartered potatoes and... - 33.2621
1 Scrape the bitter gourd (karela) well.
2 Rub nicely with salt and allow to dry in the shade.
3 Rinse well with cold water.
4 Gently squeeze out all the water.
5 Using a sharp knife, cut a slit on one side.
6 In a pan, heat the... - 45.3186