- » Karela
Enjoy our collection of karela recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for karela recipes.
Karela is good for health so transform your bitter karelas into something delicious like bharva karela. Chef Manjula has a simple recipe that makes karela a preferred dish for everyone. Karela also helps keep control sugar levels for diabetics thus this dish... - 99.0919
3 Methods To Make Stuffed Karelas & Turiya Patra
What could be a perfect treat for dinner than yummy stuffed karela and Turia patra? You will be surprised to see how Chef Bhal Dave prepares bitter karela and turns it into a yummy delight in a snap. Just prepare this easy-to-make Turia patra at home and see... - 69.2077
Karela Masala By Chef Sonali
Clean, wash and wipe karela absolutely dry. Remove half a centimeter from both ends. Slit and keep aside. Mix red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, dry mango powder, turmeric powder and salt. Stuff the karela/bittergourd with this masala. Keep... - 51.9414
1. Slit gourds from one side. Remove seeds and pulp.
2. Cut into thin slices. Boil in salted water until half cooked.
3. Remove and drain.
4. Grind together the red chillies, peppercorns, half the mustard, tamarind and garlic to a fine paste.
5. Finely slice... - 46.3473
Vegetable Stuffed Karela
1. Slit gourds from oen side. Remove seeds and pulp carefully without breaking the gourds.
2. Rub inside and out with salt and let them stand for 5 to 6 hours.
3. Wash well under running water.
4. Boil the gourds in salted water to which has been added the... - 45.6405
Stuffed Karela has a very bitter taste. The green chilli, curry leaves and amchur gives the Stuffed Karela a blazing taste. - 44.951
Mix the powdered spices and crushed seed mixture together.
Mix gourd slices, ginger, garlic, chillies, lemon juice or vinegar and salt.
Place in a sterile airtight jar, with a non-metallic lid.
Shake well, keep aside.
Shake twice a day for 2-3 days.
Drain out... - 41.1332
Karela kadhi is an indian bittergourd preparation that is cooked with curd and water. Spiced with ginger and green chilies and thickened with corn flour, the karela kadhi goes best with rice and has great health benefits.This is a special low sugar recipe... - 41.1276
Hot And Sour Karelas
Rub the strips of gourd with salt and a little turmeric and keep aside for at least a couple of hours, then wash them well.
Heat the oil to smoking point, reduce heat, wait a few minutes, then tip the gourds in and fry to a uniform golden brown.
Remove and... - 40.9071
Stuffed Aaasala Karela
Scrape bitter gourds lightly.
Make vertical slits along each gourd.
Remove the pith and seeds and finely chop the pulp.
Keep aside to use later in stuffing Run salt all over the gourds.
Keep aside for 1 hour.
Wash the cored bitter gourds well in running... - 39.7677
Fried Karela Or Pavakka Ulathiyathu
1. Wash and dry gourd. Slit and remove seeds and pulp.
2. Cut into fine slices or roundels.
3. Slit green chillies.
4. Cut coconut into 0.75 cm. (1/4") pieces.
5. Cook together, gourd green chillies and coconut with salt and just enough water to cook gourd... - 36.8841
Potato Stuffed Karela
1. Salt bitter gourds. Remove seeds and pulp.
2. Smear inside and out with salt and set aside.
3. Boil potatoes. Peel and dice.
4. Mix with chilli powder, garam masala and tamarind pulp.
5. Stuff bitter gourds with prepared stuffing.
7. Heat fat. Fry... - 36.8026
Stuffed Karelas In Gravy
1. Fry de-seeded karelas lightly.
2. Fry the stuffing lightly, add salt, masalas, green coriander, mango powder and red chillies.
3. Stuff karelas tightly with the filling.
4. Make a gravy with the paste of onions, garlic-ginger, tomatoes, haldi, salt and red... - 33.4648
Kashmiri Karela Or Bitter Gourd
Cut each bitter gourd into 2 pieces and remove the seeds and fluff within. Cut into thick chips and place in a pan of salted water for half an hour.
Place a frying pan half filled with mustard oil on a medium flame. Wash the peeled and quartered potatoes and... - 33.2621
Karela Khatta Mitha
1. Boil oil
2. Add kalaunji and sliced onions; then add rest of the masalas. Onions should not be browned.
3. When masalas are well browned, add fried karelas cut into strips, mango strips, gur and tamarind water and cook till oil floats to the top. - 30.4642
Karela pickle is a spiced bitter gourd pickle recipe. Made with fresh karelas or bitter gourds, the karela pickle is spiced with ginger and pickling spices with lemon pieces to taste. - 30.3453
1. Scrape karelas to remove the skin; sprinkle with salt and stand for 1 hour.
2. Squeeze out the bitter juice.
3. Put into a degchi with salted water and bring karelas to one boil.
4. Lightly squeeze out water and fry in mustard oil till a light brown... - 27.8446
Karela Recipes By Category