Juice Detox Diet
Juice Detox Diet entails the use of only juices of fruits and vegetables to replace the regular food intake, either wholly or partially, to assist in the process of weight loss while supplying adequate nutrition and cleansing the body off toxic wastes. Such a form of diet needs to be undertaken only under medical supervision. It may take a while getting used to, as it emphasizes body clean up mainly through juices but also allows intake of limited quantities of food that may be permitted at some point as the diet progresses. Therefore, the greatest advantage of the juice detox diet is that it is not as restraining as the juice fast is.
Juice Detox Diet Plan
- 2 - 8 ounce glasses of warm water with lemon juice.
- Orange juice/ Tomato juice/Pomegranate juice.
- Vegetable juice or vegetable broth
- Green tea/ herbal tea
- Soy milk
- Miso soup/ Clear vegetable soup/ Lentil soup
Benefits of Juice Detox Diet
- The juice detox may be a wise choice for a person who has never attempted any kind of detoxification diet in the past.
- Starting the day with a couple of glasses of warm water to which lemon juice has been added promotes Vitamin C intake, initiates the bowel cleansing function and kick starts the metabolic processes in the body.
- Mealtimes consisting of fruit juice or vegetable juices would be the best option as the high water content would aid in quicker passage through the digestive system. Basically, nutrients are more easily digested and absorbed.
- Organic vegetables and fruits are able to supply maximum nutrition and must be the only choice as they form part of the detox process, which serves the purpose of eliminating toxins and not introducing new ones into the body.
- Some form of liquid needs to be consumed at 1 1/2 to 2 hour intervals, to keep from feeling hungry and sustain energy levels through the day.
- When solid foods are to be introduced, they too must be from organic sources and need to be portion controlled and healthful eg. Miso soup with some tofu pieces, or small quantity of brown rice with a few vegetable slices. Brown rice is nutrient dense, fibre-rich and a good source of B-vitamins that are known to be stress busters. The fibre content fills the stomach faster, promotes restful sleep and helps easy elimination the following morning.
- With the lowering of carbohydrate intake in the diet, body fat stores start being mobilized for energy production. With the elimination of fat, the toxins lodged within the fat deposits are also purged out of the system.