- » Jicama
Jicama is a sweet and crisp turnip like vegetable that is edible and a common ingredient in the Mexican cuisine. Though this sweet vegetable looks like turnip, it does not belong to the same family; in fact it ... More »
In a small serving bowl, combine salt and chile powder.
Cut lime into wedges and place on serving dish.
Peel jicama and cut into 1/4 to 1/2-inch-thick slices.
Place on a serving tray.
To eat, rub lime over jicama, then dip into seasoned salt. - 29.0471
Jicama Ensalada Defrutas
With a small, sharp knife, trim off and discard ends of jicama, peel, and rinse.
Cut jicama in half; then slice each half thinly.
Coat jicama and fruit well with lime juice; then group each element separately on a platter.
Combine salt and chili powder;... - 23.3823
Blend salt with chili powder and put in a small bowl.
Slice jicama in about 1/4-inch-thick slices and arrange on a serving tray with lime wedges and bowl of seasoned salt.
To eat, rub jicama with lime, then dip in salt. - 19.8755
You May Also Like!
In large bowl combine jicama, cucumber, and orange.
Sprinkle with lemon juice and chili powder; toss to coat.
Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
Just before serving, sprinkle lightly with salt; toss.
Sprinkle lightly with additional chili powder, if desired. - 31.9545
Jicama, have you heard of it? Checkout this quick video from Sarah. - 68.8401
Orange Salad With Jicama
Mix salt, pepper, basil, and mint together in a bowl with olive oil and vinegar.
Drizzle dressing over salad.
Sprinkle jicama with chili powder.
Preheat stovetop grill.
Brush grill surface lightly with oil.
Cook jicama over medium-high heat until warm,... - 38.7798
Pea Jicama Salad
In a 2- to 3-quart pan, boil peas over high heat in 1 inch water, stirring occasionally, just until bright green and hot through (2 to 3 minutes).
Pour peas into ice water to cool; when cool, drain again.
Mix jicama and vinegar and let stand for at... - 41.4183
Raw Spicy Jicama Fries
How about making some spicy jicama fries for your next potluck or barbeque party. See this excellent video that shows a recipe for fries which requires no frying. These raw spicy fries are simply awesome and the video presents a fun way to serve jicama.... - 109.457
Raw Vegan Jicama Mashed Potatoes
You don't really have to fly to Mexico to savor jicama. Frank tells you how to make easy, delicious, homemade jicama and mashed potatoes in Mexican style. Try making this dish at home and you won't get over it so easily. - 83.122
Citrus Jicama Salad
1. For dressing, in a blender container combine the orange juice, lemon juice, honey, and Dijon-style mustard. Cover and blend till smooth. With blender running, slowly add oil through hole in lid in a thin, steady stream. Continue blending till mixture is... - 36.2889
1) In a small mixing bowl, mix together the avocado and 1 tablespoon lime juice. Keep aside.
2) In another large mixing bowl, add the remaining ingredients except lettuce. Toss well.
3) On this, add the avocado mixture and mix well.
4) Serve... - 41.6667
1) With assorted cookie cutters of 1-inch, cut the jicama slices.
2) Store the chips in a airtight container in the frige.
3) Serve the Jicama Chips as and when preferred. These are a healthy and delectable snack. - 24.6138
Jicama Recipes By Category