Jiaogulan tea specifically refers to the tea from china, which is quite famous for its healthy and refreshing features. The scientific name given to the herb Jiaogulan is Gynostemma Pentaphyllum, which is one of the members of cucumber family. The plant grows in five distinct leaf clusters, with the leaves being used in China for many years to prepare healthy and nutritious tea. Fertile soil is required for growing jiaogulan herb, with the leaves being washed properly after harvesting, which are then dehydrated in drying machine (automated), so as to prepare the tea. The whole process of converting the leaves into tea is extremely slow and is done at a very low temperature, so that the health related characteristics and nutrients of this herbal tea are preserved.
Jiaogulan tea is known by two other popular names, viz Southern Ginseng tea and Gynostemma tea, with the tea emitting seaweed’s aroma and sweet taste.
Origin of Southern Ginseng Tea
The origin of Jiaogulan herb, and hence the tea, lies in An Hui Province of Wan Nan, China.
Jiaogulan Tea Benefits
This herbal teais well known for numerous benefits as discussed briefly hereunder:
- The problem of elevated blood pressure is treated amazingly with the assistance of consumption of this tea regularly.
- The tea is also known for treating bronchitis.
- The antioxidants present in the tea help in preventing cancer.
- The herb consists of anti inflammatory properties which aid in preventing lung inflammation.
- The Jiaogulan tea is popularly called “longevity tonic”, as it assists in restoring youthful and fresh appearance of the skin and the body.
- This herbal tea aids in detoxification process, and helps in providing relief from cough.
- The tea acts as a great stress reliever.
- The herbal tea is also popular for energizing the body.
- The immunity power of an individual would be augmented and the metabolic rate would be improved.
- The ability of the herbal tea to improve the seeping pattern is commendable.
- Cancer growth is restricted as the herbal tea contains high-capacity antioxidants to nourish the body.
- The cholesterol level is optimized with the aid of consuming Jiaogulan tea, hence boosting up the health of heart.