- » Jewish Salad
Jewish Salad Recipes
Jewish Salad refers to the salads prepared and eaten by the Jewish community living in Israel and other parts of the world. These salads are an integral part of the Jewish food culture. In Israel the salads are ... More »
Simple Israeli Salad
This simple Israeli Salad is something that can be the appetizer of any main course meal across any cuisine. It is simple to make, obviously no cooking is involved here. Just chopping and mixing! It is also a very healthy choice, if I may add. Bon Appetit! - 92.3606
1) In a large bowl, place and cover the wheat with lot of boiling water. Allow to stand for about 30 minutes until the grains are swollen and tender.
2) Through a large sieve, drain the wheat well and remove into a large bowl.
3) Half, deseed and... - 48.0529
Israeli Sweet Sour Salad
1) In a bowl, put the raisins.
2) Cover them with warm water and leave to soak.
3) Peel carrots and in a serving dish, grate them.
4) Peel avocados and remove seeds.
5) Squeeze juice from two of the oranges and mix well.
6) Peel... - 47.2699
1. Wash and dry tomatoes.
2. In a crock or glass jar, place it.
3. In a saucepan, take water. Add salt to it. Bring it to a boil. Keep it aside to cool.
4. Add vinegar, garlic, bay leaves, peppercorns and pickling spice.
5. Pour it over the... - 45.2659
Wilted Red Cabbage Slaw
1. Shred the cabbage.
2. In a bowl, take shredded cabbage.
3. Add boiling water and salt to it.
4. Keep it aside for 10 minutes. Let it stand.
5. Drain water.
6. In another bowl, mix oil, lemon juice, pepper and sugar together.
7.... - 44.8518
The second day of Rosh Hashanah can leave your stomach feeling uncomfortable from all the heavy holiday meals. Enjoy a festive salad which is light, but still blessed by incorporating holy fruit ingredients. I have used pomegranate and apples in this recipe. - 44.218
Mushroom And Zucchini Salad
Slice enough zucchini very thinly to measure 2 cups and pour over them Oil and Vinegar Dressing.
Wipe mushrooms with damp paper towels and trim off stems.
Slice mushrooms lengthwise, (you should have 2 cups slices) and mix lightly with lemon juice to coat... - 43.344
1. In a saucepan, take potatoes.
2. Add boiling water and let it cook for about 20 minutes until they are tender but firm.
3. Drain water. Peel and cube the potatoes.
4. Add onions, salt and pepper.
5. In a bowl, add mayonnaise and vinegar.
6. Pour... - 42.8294
1. Peel cucumbers. Cut it into very thin slices.
2. Sprinkle with salt and keep it aside for 20 minutes.
3. Drain the liquid.
4. Add vinegar, water, sugar and pepper. Mix well.
5. Mix cucumber with scallions.
6. Pour the earlier... - 42.3109
Jennie's Herring Salad
1) Using a sharp knife, cut the herring into half inch pieces
2) Chop the scallions and radishes
3) Quarter the tomatoes or cut them into eights and finely dice the peppers
4) In a bowl, toss together the tomatoes, radishes, peppers, scallions, fish... - 41.7585
1. Halve the peppers. Discard seeds and fibers.
2. Prick each pepper with a fork all over.
3. Hold it over a flame so that the skin becomes brown.
4. Rub the skin off. Slice peppers.
5. In a saucepan, add salt, pepper, garlic powder, bay leaf,... - 41.6592
Pickled Vegetable Salad
1. In a saucepan, take all the ingredients.
2. Bring it to a boil.
3. Cook over a low flame. Stir it off and on.
4. In two 2-quart sterile jars, divide the above mixture. Seal it immediately.
5. To serve Pickled Vegetable Salad,... - 40.5541
1. Mix all the ingredients well.
2. Take it in three 3-quart sterile jars.
3. Refrigerate for 36 hours before using Cucumber Relish. - 40.2057
1. In a large bowl, take all the ingredients together. Mix it lightly.
2. Make six portions of cheese and place it on individual plates. Flatten down the centers.
3. Place the mixed vegetables on cheese.
4. Garnish each portion with sour... - 38.7323
Mock Seafood Salad
1. In a bowl, take mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, anchovy paste, salt, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, scallions, parsley and garlic. Mix well.
2. Add lettuce, endive and tuna fish. Toss.
4. Serve Mock Seafood Salad chilled... - 37.637
1. In a bowl, take all the ingredients. Mix well.
2. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
3. To serve Beet Salad, top it with grated cheese. - 35.936
A healthy Jewish side dish, the Israli Salad is absolutely delicious. Tickle your taste buds with this refreshing salad. It is all about the genuine Jewish flavor. So do not procrastinate, try this Israeli salad recipe. - 35.321
Lettuce With Sour Cream Dressing
1. In a bowl, mix sour cream, vinegar, salt, pepper and scallions.
2. Tear but don-€™t cut the lettuce into small pieces.
3. Pour the dressing over it. Toss.
4. Serve Lettuce With Sour Cream Dressing with lemonade. - 34.2434
Pomegranate And Apple Salad
Serve this fresh and light Pomegranate Apple Salad. It complements the spirit of the holiday by using the two fruits upon which blessings have been made. - 31.5825
Apple Cinnamon Charoset - Healthy Holiday
Apple Cinnamon Charoset is a traditional Passover dish that can also be served for Hanukkah or put into your child's school lunch any time of the year! Here I show how simple it is to make this four ingredient treat! - 0
Jewish Salad Recipes By Category