- » Jewish Pastry
Jewish Pastry Recipes
Jewish pastries are relished as a special treat on Jewish traditional events and holidays. Usually these pastries are filled with various ingredients. Jewish pastries can either be prepared with sweet flavors or with ... More »
Hamantashen is a delicious Purim cookie consisting of a rich blend of fruits and nuts from the Jewish cuisine. Though a bit elaborate to make, the Hamantashen is worth the effort. Try this Hamantashen and tell me if you like it. - 51.5296
For filling: Combine walnuts, raisins, sugar and cinnamon in small bowl and blend well.
For dough: Combine 3 1/2 cups flour with sugar, butter, eggs, honey, baking powder and salt in large bowl, adding more flour as necessary to make pliable... - 46.7075
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) In a large bowl, combine the margarine and flour, blend well.
3) In a bowl, mix the milk substitute and egg yolks.
4) Then stir into the flour mixture and blend well.
5) Sprinkle over the yeast over and... - 45.34
In a small bowl, sprinkle the yeast into the warm water with the sugar.
Let stand for 2 or 3 minutes, then stir to dissolve the yeast completely.
Set aside until the mixture doubles.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl beat the butter with the sugar until light and... - 44.4447
A famous pastry of Jewish origin,Hamantashen is a delicious sweet categorized by its three triangle-forming corners. Normally prepared on Purim, these are prepared with a variety of fillings. Try out this version of Hamantashen, prepared with apple butter... - 43.5713
No artificial ingredients. Safe for diabetics. Cream cheese pastry filled with raisins, nuts and cinnamon. Naturally sweet - 42.5477
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk eggs slightly, put margarine, sugar and orange rind to it and blend until frothy.
3. Add flour and mix.
4. Refrigerate the dough for 1 ½ hours.
5. Once firm, make the dough into 4 parts.
6.... - 40.1592
Grandma Helen's Rugelach
1. In a food processor, combine butter, shortening, 1 cup sugar, eggs, vanilla, yogurt, orange zest, and lemon zest. Process until well blended. Add 2 cups flour and baking powder; process until blended. Add 2 cups more flour and process until dough forms a... - 36.7784
1. Into large bowl, measure flour, butter or margarine, cream cheese, egg yolk, and 3 tablespoons sugar. With hand, knead ingredients until well blended and mixture holds together. Shape dough into a ball; wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours or... - 28.6316
Have ingredients at room temperature.
Mix and knead by hand.
Shape into a cylinder shape.
Wrap in foil.
Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
Divide into six parts. - 24.2815
Jewish Pastry Recipes By Category