- » Jewish Pancake
Jewish Pancake Recipes
Enjoy our collection of jewish pancake recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for jewish pancake recipes.
Here is a nice filling for sweet crepe batter. The cheese will melt in the oven and the combination of the fresh berries will be a very pleasant experience! - 136.278
Potato Latkes (potato Pancakes) A Fam Favorite
These delicious potato pancakes are a highlight of Hanukkah get-togethers. Here is a recipe for traditional Jewish latkes. This method will give you seriously crispy potato pancakes with creamy insides. These Potato Latkes only take a few minutes to prepare... - 135.899
Healthy Sweet Potato Latkes
You would think it's a pancake or cookie or some other baked goodie, but these sweet potato latkes make a perfect side dish for breakfast or dinner to replace the starchy spuds! And it’s a handy snack as well. These are a welcome addition to holiday menus.... - 135.229
Sweet Potato Latkes
Have you ever tried to make latke with sweet potato or yam? Look at this wonderful video that shows a simple and easy sweet potato latke recipe. Make this wonderful recipe for breakfast or top with crème fraiche or sour cream and serve as a great lunch along... - 122.115
Crispy Fried Potato Latkes
Looking for a potato pancake recipe with a twist? Then try this Jewish pancake recipe that yields 'latkes' or Jewish fried pancakes. Watch the video and learn to make these simple fried treats that taste really good and are easy to cook. Watch the video to... - 91.9253
You don't really have to fly off to Ukraine to taste their classic blintzes. Here's a simple, sumptuous, authentic blintze recipe that you will find equally flavorful and nice. Stuffed with gooey cheese filling, these crepe like pancakes make great addition... - 80.8901
1. In a blender, process the milk, flour, egg, and baking powder until the mix becomes smooth, scraping down the sides of the container is needed in order to make the mix even and consistent.
2. Coat a small no-stick frying pan with no-stick spray.
3.... - 51.0197
1) Preheate the oven to 425° F.
2) In a bowl, beat the eggs, milk, salt and salad oil together.
3) Stir the flour into the egg mixture, until thoroughly blended.
4) In large iron skillet, heat about 1 teaspoon butter, pour in 1/4 cup of... - 48.9872
1. To make the matter, in a large bowl, break the eggs and beat them with a wire whisk until yolks and whites are well blended.
2. Sift flour into the bowl and whisk with the eggs until smooth
3. Add milk and oil and blend into the batter.
4.... - 48.5674
In a blender, process the milk, flour, egg and baking powder until smooth, scraping down the sides of the container as needed.
Coat a small no-stick frying pan with no-stick spray.
Place the pan over medium-high heat.
Pour in about 3 tablespoons batter and... - 47.849
Potato Latkes With Homemade Applesauce
Prepare Homemade Applesauce; cover and refrigerate until serving time.
Peel and finely shred potatoes and onion into colander.
With hand, squeeze to press out as much liquid as possible.
Place potato mixture in medium bowl; stir in egg, flour, parsley, lemon... - 47.5956
Cream Cheese Blintzes
1. Prepare very thin pancakes, and brown them only on one side.
2. In a container of food processor, add creamed cottage cheese, lemon rind, egg yolks, vanilla, sugar, salt and cinnamon and blend by running the STIR blade for about 20 -30 seconds.
3.... - 47.1328
Cheese And Chilli Blintzes
1) Start the recipe preparing the pancake batter.
2) Take a bowl, sift flour and salt. Keep a hole in between the mixture like a well.
3) Add egg and some portion of the milk to it and mix well.
4) Continue stirring, gradually mixing the remaining... - 46.7704
1. In small bowl of electric mixer, combine flour, cinnamon, milk and water, mixing at medium speed until smooth.
2. Let it stand 30 minutes.
3. For each blintz, into hot, lightly greased 6-inch skillet or crepe pan pour 3 tablespoons batter.
4. Let it... - 46.6142
Want to have a fabulous tea party? This Basic Blintzes recipe is a tasty snack that would make a value addition to your exotic menu. Try it!! - 46.4389
These Cheese Blintzes are one of the best pancakes that I've ever tasted ! The cheese filling is too compelling. Try out these Cheese blintzes and let me know if you like them - 46.2588
1 In a bowl, add eggs, water, flour, and powdered milk beat them together throughly.
2 Into a small (6 inch) nonstick, pour 3 tablespoons of batter to make crepes.
3 Spread the batter evenly over the bottom by tilting the skillet slightly.
4 ... - 46.1268
1) In a bowl, sift the flour and salt together.
2) Combine the eggs, milk and melted butter, gradually stir into the flour, and beat well to smoothen.
3) In a heavy 6 inch skillet, apply butter to the bottom and sides and place over a medium-high... - 45.5633
1) Make the batter by beating the eggs in a large bowl. Add in sifted flour. Beat till smooth. Add in the milk and oil. Cover the bowl and let chill for 45 minutes.
2) Meanwhile, prepare the cheese filling by blending cottage cheese, eggs, sugar... - 45.0519
Filled Cheese Blintzes
Beat egg yolks with salt, sugar, butter and milk.
Stir briskly until batter is smooth.
Fold in egg whites.
Butter 6-inch skillet very lightly.
Pour in a very thin layer of batter just enough to cover bottom of pan, about 2 tablespoons.
Cook on one... - 44.9692
Easy Cheese Blintzes
To make the filling: Place the cottage cheese in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
Transfer to a medium bowl.
Add the sour cream, egg substitute, buttermilk, sugar, orange rind, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
To make the blintzes: Rinse... - 43.8595
1. Make the batter by mixing the flour in a bowl
2. Make a well in the center and tip the butter, eggs and half the milk into the flour and beat well till the flour is well mixed.
3. In another bowl, place all the filling ingredients and beat well to... - 43.5249
In large bowl, combine Egg Beaters, flour, onion and pepper; set aside.
Pat shredded potatoes dry with paper towels.
Stir into egg mixture.
In large nonstick skillet, over medium-high heat, melt 1 1/2 tablespoons margarine.
For each pancake, spoon about 1/3... - 43.4772
Spoon the yogurt into a yogurt cheese funnel or a sieve lined with cheesecloth.
Place over a bowl and set aside to drain for 20 minutes.
Transfer to a bowl and fold in the pineapple.
Meanwhile, place the egg whites in a medium bowl and whisk until... - 42.9495
1. Preheat oven at 425° F.
2. In a bowl, break eggs.
3. Add milk, salt and salad oil. Mix it well.
4. Add flour.
5. In a 6-inch skillet, take a little butter or oil. Heat it.
6. Add 2 tablespoons of batter in it and tilt the pan so... - 42.9421
Shred potatoes and onion with shredding disc of food processor or shred by hand using grater.
Place potato mixture in large bowl.
Add eggs, matzo meal, salt and pepper; mix well.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat until... - 42.6917
Potato Latkes With Applesauce
Coarsely grate the potatoes and onion on a box grater.
Squeeze the excess moisture from the potato mixture and place in a large bowl.
Add the beaten eggs, matzo, and flour and combine.
Let stand 10 minutes so the matzo absorbs all of the moisture.
Season with... - 42.6655
PLACE potatoes and onion in colander; let stand for 30 minutes.
Press out excess moisture.
Transfer to large bowl.
Stir in eggs, flour, salt, baking powder and pepper.
HEAT 2 to 3 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
Spoon 2 tablespoons... - 42.6314
Simple Cheese Blintzes
Combine flour and salt.
Add water and mix until smooth.
Add 4 eggs and beat well.
Add milk and mix to a thin batter.
Heat a small amount of shortening in a 6-inch skillet.
Pour in 1/4 cup batter.
Cook slowly until pancake is lightly browned on bottom and set... - 42.1986
Combine eggs, milk, salt, and oil.
Stir in flour and blend well.
Let mixture stand about 30 minutes.
Heat a scant teaspoon butter in a 10-inch skillet.
Pour about 1/4 cup batter and tilt pan quickly to spread batter over bottom of pan.
Cook over medium-high... - 41.5945
Classic Cheese Blintzes
Put 1 egg, 1/2 teaspoon salt, water and flour into Osterizer container, cover and process at MIX until smooth.
Pour 2 tablespoons of batter onto hot griddle and fry on one side only until lightly browned, using low heat.
Remove each pancake onto a clean... - 41.4726
Cheese Blintzes has a defining taste. The eggs with cheese gives the Cheese Blintzes a creamy and velvety taste. - 41.2593
potato pancakes with various toppings. - 41.2232
1. In a bowl, break eggs.
2. Add potatoes, onion, salt, pepper and meal. Mix well.
3. In a frying pan, melt fat or butter.
4. Take the potato batter in a tablespoon and spread it in the pan.
5. Fry it till it browns on both sides.
6. Add more fat or... - 41.0444
1. Grate onions and potatoes.
2. Mix them with flour.
3. Add salt and pepper to the mixture
4.Heat oil in a frypan.
5.Fry the latkes until golden brown.
6.Serve with apple sauce or sour cream.
7.Fried eggs and bacon can also be... - 40.9977
Simple Cheese Blintzes
Combine cottage cheese, sour cream, 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar, and salt in a bowl; mix well; refrigerate.
To prepare pancakes, heat 2 tablespoons butter until melted; set aside to cool.
Combine flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, and 1/2 tea spoon salt in a bowl; mix... - 40.9065
In a bowl stir together flour and salt.
Combine milk and the 2 eggs; gradually add to the flour mixture, beating till batter is smooth.
Pour about 2 tablespoons batter into hot, lightly greased 6-inch skillet; quickly swirl skillet to spread batter... - 40.1576
In large bowl, stir together potatoes, onion, egg, flour, and salt.
Preheat Meal Browner browning dish at HIGH for 6 minutes.
Add 1 tablespoon cooking oil to browning dish.
Drop batter by tablespoonfuls in 5 parries into browning dish, spreading the... - 39.8413
Prepare Crepes except - brown only on one side.
Cool, keeping crepes covered to prevent them from drying out.
Blend cottage cheese, 1/2 cup sour cream, the sugar, lemon peel and vanilla.
Place about 1 1/2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture in center of browned... - 39.2983
1. Grate potatoes using a food processor.
2. In a small bowl add grated potatoes, salt, pepper, egg and onion.
3. In a frying pan add oil and heat well.
4. Drop large spoonfuls of batter in the oil so that the latkes are completely... - 39.1622
1. Put the yogurt in a sieve lined with cheesecloth or yogurt cheese funnel.
2. Place over a bowl and keep it aside for 20 minutes to drain properly.
3. Place in a bowl and fold in the pineapple.
4. In the mean time, whish egg whites until frothy.
5.... - 38.9769
By hand, or in food processor using shredder blade, alternately shred onion quarters and potatoes.
Transfer to colander.
With hands, squeeze out as much moisture as possible, discarding liquid.
Transfer to large bowl.
Mix in eggs, flour, salt... - 38.8801
In small bowl of electric mixer, combine flour, cinnamon, milk and water, mixing at medium speed until smooth.
Let stand 30 minutes.
For each blintz, pour 3 tablespoons batter into hot, lightly greased 6-inch skillet or crepe pan.
Cook on one side only until... - 38.7085
Measure flour into a sifter.
Beat eggs thoroughly.
Stir in milk and sifted flour, gradually and alternately.
Smooth out all bumps after each addition.
Heat a small heavy frying pan, then drop in a dab of butter.
Swish around to coat the pan evenly,... - 38.5838
Prepare pancakes ahead of serving time, using 2 or 3 tablespoons batter and a 6 or 7 inch pan.
Cook cakes, browning one side only.
Blend cheeses, sugar, vanilla, and lemon or orange rind.
Spoon an equal amount of filling across center of cooked side of... - 38.2153
Whole Wheat Blintzes
In a medium bowl, beat eggs lightly; mix dry ingredients together and combine with eggs until just blended.
Add milk and oil.
Cover and let rest in refrigerator for 45 minutes to one hour.
Heat a crepe pan or other 6 to 8-inch skillet.
When a drop of water... - 38.1714
1. Prepare batter: Beat eggs just until blended in a large bowl; sift flour over the eggs and beat in just until smooth; stir in milk and oil. Cover; chill for at least 2 hours.
2. Make the cheese filling: Combine the cottage cheese, eggs, sugar and vanilla... - 38.1176
Mix grated, well-drained potatoes with beaten egg yolks, flour, onion, salt and pepper to taste.
Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
Heat butter or shortening in frying pan until sizzling.
Drop in potato mixture from spoon.
Drain on absorbent paper.
Serve hot... - 37.8733
1. Make the batter by beating the salt and flour into the eggs until smooth, and then whisking in the milk and vanilla.
2. Lightly grease a 6-inch nonstick skillet with butter and heat the pan over medium-low heat. Pour in only enough batter to make a very... - 37.7538
1. Combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, sugar substitute, almond extract, cinnamon, and egg yolks in a medium bowl, whisking until well blended.
2. Lay crepes, cooked side up, on flat surface. Spoon 1/4 cup cheese mixture near the top of the crepe, then fold... - 36.9273
Sweet Potato And Zucchini Latkes
this Hanukkah favorite yields a delightfully crispy and slightly sweet pancake. Prepare the batter just before cooking to prevent excess liquid and soggy cakes; pour off any excess liquid while cooking, if necessary. These lacy latkes are delicate, so don't... - 36.8082
Sift flour and salt together.
Beat eggs in a bowl until frothy, then blend in flour mixture.
Add milk, a little at a time, stirring until smooth.
Mix in water last of all.
Batter should be very thin.
Heat a small skillet (6 to 7 inches in diameter), adding... - 36.4515
Prepare blintzes according to directions.
In a medium-size bowl, beat together cream cheese, cottage cheese, softened butter, egg yolk, honey, and vanilla.
Place about 2 tablespoons cheese mixture on cooked side of each blintz.
Roll up, leaving ends open.
In... - 36.4368
In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and cottage cheese; blend well.
Stir in remaining ingredients, except butter, blintzes and sour cream.
Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the filling along one "side" of each blintze.
Fold over edges to form a rectangle.
Roll... - 36.2702
In a blender or food processor, whirl eggs and flour until smooth (or beat eggs and flour with a whisk).
Add water and blend well.
Heat a 6- to 7-inch crepe pan or other flat-bottomed frying pan over medium heat; add about 1/4 teaspoon butter and swirl to... - 36.2164
Chanukah Potato Latkes
Grate the potatoes and onion and strain, leaving small amount of liquid.
Place in a bowl.
Add the eggs, baking powder, salt and pepper and mix well.
Remove crusts from bread and soak in just enough water to cover.
Squeeze moisture from bread.
Add the bread to... - 36.2138
Cherry Topped Cheese Blintzes
Beat together egg, cottage cheese, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon till nearly smooth.
Spoon some cheese mixture in center of unbrowned side of a crepe.
Fold two opposite edges of crepe to overlap atop filling.
Fold in remaining edges, forming a square packet;... - 35.7202
Prepare crepes except brown only on one side.
Blend cottage cheese, 1/2 cup sour cream, the sugar, lemon peel and vanilla.
Spoon about 1 1/2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture on browned side of each crepe.
Fold sides of crepe up over filling until edges meet... - 35.6173
Bubbe's Potato Latkes
1. Prepare Homemade Applesauce; cover and refrigerate until serving time.
2. Finely shred potatoes and onion into colander. With hands, squeeze to remove as much liquid as possible. Place potato mixture in medium bowl; stir in egg, flour, parsley, lemon... - 35.3269
Blue Cheese Blintzes
Beat eggs thoroughly.
Stir in milk and sifted flour gradually and alternately.
Smooth out all bumps after each addition.
Heat a 6-or 7-inch heavy frying pan, then drop in a dab of butter, about 1 teaspoon.
Swish around to coat the pan evenly, then... - 35.0251
Combine cream cheese and cottage cheese; beat until smooth.
Stir in next 3 ingredients; chill 15 to 20 minutes.
Spoon about 3 tablespoons cheese filling in center of each crepe.
Fold right and left sides over filling; then fold bottom and top over filling,... - 34.3449
Creamy Cheese Blintzes
1. To prepare the blintzes: In a large bowl, with an electric mixer set on high, beat the flour, egg, egg whites, milk, melted butter, and sugar for 1 minute or until smooth.
2. Brush the inside of a crepe pan or a heavy 6-inch skillet with a little of the... - 34.2081
Stir the dry ingredients together. Combine the liquid ingredients in a separate bowl.
Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour the liquid in all at once. Stir gently about 7 times until most of the lumps are gone. Don't beat the batter.
Heat a small... - 33.5515
In a large bowl, beat eggs until lemon-colored.
Stir together flour and salt; add to eggs alternately with milk; blend well.
Set aside at room temperature for 2 minutes.
In an 8-inch skillet, heat 1/2 teaspoon butter.
Add about 2 tablespoons of the... - 32.4311
Mix together all ingredients, except butter, in a blender, food processor, or electric mixer.
Cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Melt butter in a 7-inch skillet over medium heat.
Add 2 to 3 tablespoons batter, and tip pan to distribute batter evenly.
Cook... - 32.2693
In large bowl stir together potatoes, anion, eggs, flour, and salt.
Grease a hot griddle or skillet with melted chicken fat or vegetable oil.
Drop batter by tablespoonfuls onto griddle or skillet.
Spread the batter slightly.
Fry till browned, 2... - 32.0241
Combine first 5 ingredients in a food processor bowl; process until smooth.
Place mixture in a bowl; cover and chill.
Combine strawberries and sugar; toss and set aside.
Spoon 2 tablespoons cheese mixture in center of each crepe; fold sides and ends... - 30.2903
Golden-crisp Potato Latkes
1. Grate potatoes fine; place in large bowl with baking soda; toss. Press dry with hands or potato ricer.
2. Beat eggs in a large bowl; stir in potatoes, onion, salt, nutmeg, paprika. Sprinkle flour over; stir in.
3. Pour enough oil into a heavy skillet to... - 30.1865
1. Scrub the potatoes, but leave them unpeeled. Coarsely grate the potatoes into a large bowl of ice water. Let sit for 5 minutes. Drain off the water, and roll the grated potatoes in a clean kitchen towel to remove excess water. Coarsely grate the onions.
2.... - 28.5463
Whole Wheat Blintzes Filling
In a large bowl mix together cottage cheese, egg, honey, and vanilla.
Beat with an electric beater at high speed until smooth. - 22.6401
Prepare Blintzes as directed.
Omit Cheese Blintze Filling.
Fill each with 1 to 2 tablespoons canned cherry pie filling.
Fold in sides, and roll up.
Brown in butter or margarine.
Garnish with sour cream or whipped cream before serving. - 20.8005
Jewish Pancake Recipes By Category