- » Jewish Fish
Jewish Fish Recipes
Enjoy our collection of jewish fish recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for jewish fish recipes.
Gefilte Fish - Passover Recipe
The Jewish New Year is round the corner and this Geflite fish recipe is perfect for the holiday table. Watch Victoria make this Jewish Classic recipe in her Italian Kitchen as she directs you in her fine Italian accent how to make this popular Jewish holiday... - 119.373
Home Made Geflite Fish
Put fish, onion, and celery through a meat grinder twice, or process in food processor until ground.
In bowl combine fish mixture with salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
Gradually add milk and combine.
Shape into 4 equal oval patties.
Poach in simmering salted... - 46.3106
Simmered Gefullte Fish
Cut fish in small pieces.
Add onion, celery, garlic, marjoram, thyme, salt and pepper to taste.
Put through fine grinder twice.
Put in large bowl and add eggs, parsley, matzo meal.
Add cream slowly until well absorbed.
Mold fish paste into... - 45.7615
1) Ask the fish monger to fillet the fish, reserving the heads, skin and bones
2) In a saucepan, add the head, skin, bones, 4 sliced onions with 1 quart of water with 2 teaspoons of salt, ¾ teaspoon pepper
3) Cook the fish over a high... - 45.2823
Thaw fish if frozen.
Pat dry with paper toweling.
In 3-quart casserole, combine 6 cups water, half the carrots, half the onions, 1 tablespoon salt, and pepper.
Cook at HIGH for 12 to 15 minutes or till boiling.
Cook at MEDIUM (5) for 15 minutes.
Finely grind... - 44.2887
Thaw frozen fish.
In large saucepan combine 6 cups water, half the carrots, half the onions, 1 tablespoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
Bring to boiling.
Simmer, covered, 30 minutes.
Finely grind fish and remaining vegetables.
Place in large mixer bowl; add... - 44.1378
Simple Geflite Fish
Cut off heads and skin fish.
Place bones in pot with water, sliced onions, salt and pepper.
Bring to a boil over medium heat.
Put fish filets and onion chunks through a meat grinder using the fine blade.
Add egg, bread crumbs and water... - 44.0552
Microwaved Gefilte Fish
1. In 3 qt. glass casserole combine water, 1 sliced carrot, 1 chopped onion, salt and pepper.
2. Microwave at high, covered, 10-12 minutes until mixture boils.
3. Microwave at medium 50% or less to simmer for about 15 minutes to make court bouillon.
4.... - 43.8234
Baked Gefilte Fish
1) In a grinder, grind the fish and onion
2) In a chopping bowl add the soaked bread after squeezing dry, 1 ½ teaspoon of salt, ¼ teaspoon of pepper, egg, fish and the onion
3) Chop the ingredients till fine
4) Using the hands shape them into 12... - 43.7505
Gefilte fish is a ground fish balls recipe. Cooked in fish stock the fish balls made with a fish of choice along witg carrots is seasoned and can be served with noodles or over rice. - 43.644
1) Clean the fish and fillet it, reserve the bones, scrap and head.
2) In the blender, place the fillet and grind until coarse or chop it very fine with knife.
3) Chop together the fish, eggs, onions, sweetener, salt and pepper until... - 43.1668
Baked Gefilte Fish
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) In a large bowl, combine the fish with carrot, onions, bread crumbs,oil, salt and pepper.
3) Then beat in the eggs and water, blend well.
4) In a greased loaf pan, arrange the pepper rings then spread... - 42.1046
Chop fish and onion in a food processor.
Transfer to a medium-size bowl.
Add rest of ingredients to minced fish, season with salt and pepper and mix.
Add a little more matzo meal if a stiffer mixture is desired.
With wet hands, form the mixture into 36 smooth... - 41.5158
Gefillte Fish has a lovely taste. Gefillte Fish gets its taste from cornstarch mixed with eggs and topped with nutmeg. Gefillte Fish is inspired by many food joints worldwide. - 40.8832
Grind the fish fillets very finely.
Put the heads, tails, bones and skin into a saucepan and add the sliced onions, carrots, sugar, and plenty of salt and pepper.
Just cover with water and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat to low.
Meanwhile, place the eggs and... - 40.2844
Cut fish, onion and celery into dice.
Put through meat grinder twice into mixing bowl.
Add garlic powder, salt and pepper; pour in milk; mix very well.
Shape into 4 equal portions.
Poach for 15 minutes.
With slotted spoon, transfer fish to platter; arrange 1... - 39.7705
Geflite Fish With Matzo Meal
In 3 qt glass casserole combine water, 1 sliced carrot, 1 chopped onion, salt and pepper.
Microwave (high), covered, 10-12 minutes until mixture boils.
Microwave (medium 50% or less to simmer) 15 minutes to make court bouillon.
With food processor or meat... - 38.0147
Easy Geflite Fish
Fish should be filleted and ground.
This yields about 4 to 5 pounds ground fish.
Reserve heads and bones.
Place heads, bones, several sliced carrots, whole onion, salt, and a lot of pepper in large pot of water; bring to boil.
Saute grated onion in... - 36.8167
Fillet fish; save heads, skin and bones.
Grind whitefish; use small blade.
Grind 2 onions; combine whitefish and onions in wooden chopping bowl.
Stir in eggs, 2 teaspoons salt, pepper and sugar.
Chop well; add cracker meal and 1/2 cup water gradually.
Slice... - 36.0947
An easy Jewish dish, Gefilte Fish is absolutely delicious. Tickle your taste buds with this refreshing dish. It is all about the genuine jewish flavor. So do not procrastinate, try this Gefilte Fish recipe. - 35.9883
Put the fish and onion through a meat grinder, or have the fishmonger grind the fish for you.
Place the mixture in a bowl, add the other ingredients, and mix thoroughly.
Do not use all the matzo meal at once because you may not need much in order to make a... - 35.8307
1. Remove the heads, skin and bones from the fish and reserve. Cut the fish into pieces and put through a food grinder with two of the onions. If desired, place the fish in a wooden bowl and chop finer.
2. Place the skin, bones and heads in a deep pot. Add... - 35.1479
Gefullte White Fish
1. Clean, fillet and season the fish with half the salt. Reserve the heads, skins and large bones. Refrigerate overnight.
2. Slice two of the onions and the carrots fine and arrange in a four-quart pot. Add one quart of cold water. Add the fish bones, heads... - 34.3038
Everyday Gefullte Fish
1. Have butcher grind the fish or put it through the finest blade of a food grinder.
2. In a large kettle, combine heads, bones and trimmings of fish with four of the onions, celery and carrots. Cover with water and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a... - 33.1026
Beet-jellied Gefilte Fish
Drain one 16-ounce can sliced or shoestring beets, reserving liquid.
Add water to liquid to make 2 1/2 cups.
Chop beets very fine; chill.
Soften 1 envelope unflavored gelatin (1 tablespoon) in 1/4 cup cold water.
In small saucepan heat 1 cup of the beet... - 31.8913
The mystery of gefilte fish is revealed. Grandma Sarah shows us how she makes this age old Jewish delicacy. - 11.9488
Jewish Fish Recipes By Category