- » Jewish Dessert
Jewish Dessert Recipes
Jewish dessert is a collaboration of recipes from different places habituated by Jews have over centuries and are particularly in sync with Jewish dietary laws. Food is an elaborate and formal aspect of Jewish ... More »
Apple Crown Cake
Fresh apples and honey layered into a moist white cake. It isn't Rosh Hashana without this glorious crown cake! - 132.883
Chocolate Honey Cake
So, let's get one thing straight - I don't have a Jewish mother or grandmother. As a convert, I lack the fond memory of hating honey cake. Very soon after opening the bakery, I realize that I'm required to not only bake hundreds of pounds of honey cake, but... - 127.026
I haven't a clue where this recipe originates. I've been making it for nearly 20 years and in huge quantities since I started catering and baking. I love making this honey cake because when I say deluxe, I mean deluxe. Even back in the bakery days, I would... - 125.168
Leah's Famous Kosher Chocolate Babka
Yep, back in the bakery days, this was the first to sell out. You might ask, "Why not make more?" It's an old retail trick; you gotta keep 'em hungry.....and, coming back! This was the most requested video ~ enjoy! - 122.012
Here is an amazingly delicious cake to make any occasion special. - 119.848
Kosher Cinnamon Walnut Babka
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
2. For crumb topping, in a bowl, add flour, sugar, and a stick of margarine. Beat to incorporate ingredients. Set aside.
3. For walnut filling, in a mixing bowl combine ground walnut, brown sugar,... - 119.197
Homemade Apple Cake With Honey Topping
This fragrant, moist cake combines both honey and apples, making it a fitting treat for Jewish holidays. Good to the last crumb, this super-moist Bundt cake tumbles out of the pan perfectly fluted and party-ready. Bake it ahead or serve warm from the oven... - 96.4992
Rosh Hashanah Honey Cake
This heavenly, rich and velvety chocolate honey cake is a perfect ending to a Rosh Hashanah dinner as the honey used in it symbolizes hope for a sweet year ahead. This Bundt honey cake is glazed with chocolate and sprinkled with sea salt making it perfect for... - 52.92
Hamantashen is a delicious Purim cookie consisting of a rich blend of fruits and nuts from the Jewish cuisine. Though a bit elaborate to make, the Hamantashen is worth the effort. Try this Hamantashen and tell me if you like it. - 51.5296
Yom Kippur Date Nut Cake
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a 8 x 8-inch pan, spray with a vegetable spray.
3) In a large bowl, beat the eggs and honey together for 5 minutes.
4) Then beat in the vanilla extract.
5) In a small bowl, sift the whole wheat pastry... - 48.6349
Rosh Hashanah Carrot Cake
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) In a 9-inch springform pan, spray with a vegetable spray.
3) In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites until foamy.
4) Beat in the cream of tartar drizzling in 1/4 cup honey, until stiff peaks form.
5) In a... - 48.078
Yuletide Chocola Te Log
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Grease a 11X7-inch Swiss Roll tin. Line it with a greased non-stick parchment paper. Let the paper come upto 1/2 inch above the edges.
3) Into a bowl, sift the flour and cocoa. Add in the butter, sugar... - 47.2489
1 Preheat the oven to 325° F.
2 In a pan, cook the rice in the salted water for about 15 minutes.
3 Drain well.
4 Add in the milk.
5 In a bowl, beat the eggs.
6 Add in the sugar, vanilla, raisins, butter and rice mixture,... - 47.1381
Easter Bonnet Cake
1. Preheat oven at 350-375°F or Gas Mark 4-5 and grease and flour two 7-inch sandwich tins.
To make the Victoria Sandwich:
2. In a bowl, sieve self-raising flour or flour and baking powder together.
3. In another bowl, take fat and... - 47.0793
For dough, beat the 1 cup butter in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer for 30 seconds.
Add the 2 tablespoons sugar; beat until light and fluffy.
Add sour cream and egg yolk.
Stir in flour and salt with a wooden spoon until combined.
Cover and... - 46.3999
1 Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2 Lightly butter a 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
3 Cut the bread into small cubes, making about 2 cups.
4 In a pan, scald the milk.
5 Add in the butter.
6 Carefully pour the mixture over the bread... - 45.4362
Apple Charlotte Passover
1. Preheat oven at 350° C.
2. In a bowl, take egg yolks, sugar and salt. Beat it till it turns thick and lemon in colour.
3. Add apples, matzo meal, lemon rind and slivovitz.
4. Add egg whites.
5. Grease an 8-inch spring form. Pour... - 45.4172
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 450 degrees.
2) Sieve together the flour and baking powder, if using, and stir into the margarine mixture along with the lemon rind and juice.
3) Add just enough milk, very gradaully, to make a soft... - 45.1881
In 2-quart casserole, combine carrots and water.
Cook, covered, at HIGH for 10 minutes, stirring once.
Do not drain.
Stir in honey, lemon .juice, and salt.
Cook, covered, at HIGH for 5 minutes.
In custard cup, melt butter at HIGH for 30 seconds.
Stir in... - 44.6404
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) Take a bowl and sift flour along with salt in it.
3) Take another bowl and beat egg along with milk in it. Add the mixture to the flour and beat until smooth.
4) Add the apples and mix.
5) Take a 9 inch... - 44.503
Jewish Coffee Cake
A moist sour cream coffee cake. This is a great recipe from an old friend. - 44.3386
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until well-blended.
Combine flour and next 7 ingredients; gradually add to sugar mixture, beating until well-blended.
Turn dough out onto a lightly... - 44.0539
Jewish Baked Cheesecake
Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4.
Mix together the melted butter and biscuit crumbs, and press into the bottom of an 18 cm (7 inch) spring form tin. Chill.
Mix the filling ingredients together, stirring well, and pour over the biscuit base.
Bake on the second... - 43.8933
Fruits And Honey Dessert
1) In a slow cooker, place together peaches, pineapples, apples, water or juice, honey, lemon and cinnamon.
2) Put the lid on and simmer for 3 to 4 hours until tender.
3) Stir in banana.
4) Spoon thee peach mixture equally in 4 dessert... - 43.8706
1 In a bowl, combine the prunes, prune juice, boiling water, sugar, cinnamon and salt.
2 In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and cold water until smooth.
3 Gradually stir into the prune mixture.
4 Cook over low heat, stirring constantly ... - 43.3252
Prune And Orange Compote
1. In a 2-quart slow-cooker add prunes and cover them with water.
2. Cover pot with its lid.
3. Stew the prunes on HIGH for almost 1 1/2 hours or on LOW for about 3 hours.
4. Once the prunes are soft turn them into a large bowl
5. Stir the Cointreau,... - 43.3217
Jewish Crumb Cake
Cream together first 4 ingredients.
Add 4 eggs, one at a time, at high speed.
Add 1 pint sour cream at low speed.
Sift together next 2 ingredients and mix with first mixture.
Mix sugar, cinnamon, nuts and coconut together in separate bowl.
Grease and flour 2... - 43.2294
Place the brisket in the oven roasting bag in 12 x 7 1/2 x 2-inch baking dish.
Add water, salt, pepper, and vegetables.
Tie bag closed with string.
Puncture bag 2 or 3 times with tines of large fork.
Cook at MEDIUM (5) for 1 hour.
Turn bag over and give dish... - 43.121
Banana Cake Passover
1 Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2 Lightly grease, two, 9-inch layer-cake pans.
3 In a bowl, beat the egg yolks until thick.
4 Add in the sugar and salt.
5 Beat until fluffy and lemon in color.
6 Stir in the bananas and potato... - 42.7691
Soften yeast in 1/4 cup warm water (110°).
Heat milk, sugar, butter, and 1 teaspoon salt till sugar dissolves; cool to lukewarm.
Stir in 2 cups of the flour; beat well.
Add softened yeast and 2 eggs; beat well.
Stir in enough flour to make a moderately stiff... - 42.5337
Pineapple Chiffon Pie
1 In a bowl, combine the cornstarch with a little pineapple juice, mixing until smooth.
2 In a saucepan, combine with the rest of the juice, 1/2 cup of the sugar and the salt.
3 Gradually cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thick.
4 ... - 42.4591
1. Beat eggs, add water and pancake mix; blend well.
2. Put a dab of butter in crepe pan or medium skillet on medium heat. Pour 1/4 of mixture into pan and tip so that it covers bottom of pan. Cook until slightly brown underneath. Flip and cook until slightly... - 42.3842
Mix lemon juice with shredded apples, set aside.
Bring water to a rapid boil in a heavy 3 quart saucepan.
Add salt and oil.
Gradually add noodles, being sure water continues to boil.
Cook noodles uncovered until tender but firm, stirring... - 41.8812
Noodle Apple Pudding
1) Preheat oven to 400° F.
2) Take a bowl and put sugar, eggs, cinnamon and salt in it. Beat to mix well.
3) Add raisins, apples, butter and noodles. Mix nicely.
4) Take a greased baking dish and turn the mixture into it.
5) Bake in the... - 41.8152
Carrot Nut Torte
1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2.Break the eggs and keep the yolks and whites aside.
3.Whisk yolks and honey until foamy.
4.Add grated carrots, broken nuts, flour and cinnamon.
5.Whisk whites separately and add to the mixture by... - 41.1782
In 2-quart casserole, combine beef, chicken fat, water, sweet potato, onion, honey, salt, cinnamon, and cloves.
Cook, covered, at HIGH for 8 to 10 minutes or till boiling.
Cook, covered, at MEDIUM (5) for 50 minutes.
Stir in prunes and apricots.
Cook,... - 41.1693
Do you want to impress your guests, and then there would be no better option than this apfelstrudel recipe. This dessert is so delicious that your guests would be obsessed by it. So do not procrastinate, try this apfelstrudel recipe. - 40.8433
If you haven’t decided what to cook this holiday, then try this babka recipe. The pleasure you would experience in cooking this recipe would make your holiday more delightful. This dessert would be so tasty that the fragrance of it will make people’s... - 40.4006
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk eggs slightly, put margarine, sugar and orange rind to it and blend until frothy.
3. Add flour and mix.
4. Refrigerate the dough for 1 ½ hours.
5. Once firm, make the dough into 4 parts.
6.... - 40.1592
Sweet Potatoes Royal
1. Wash apricots. Soak it in 2 cups of water for 2 hours.
2. Preheat oven at 375° F.
3. In a saucepan, bring apricots to a boil. Cook it over a low flame for 20 minutes or until tender.
4. Add sugar.
5. Cut sweet potatoes in ½ inch... - 38.8427
Candied Sweet Potatoes
1. Preheat oven at 350° F.
2. In a saucepan, take sweet potatoes. Do not peel it.
3. Add boiling water and cook it for 15 minutes.
4. Drain water. Peel and halve it lengthwise.
5. In a baking dish, heat butter or fat.
6. Add corn syrup,... - 38.2474
1) Peel and core apples.
2) Soak raisins in hot water. And leave aside.
3) In a saucepan, mix together honey, sugar, cinnamon and food coloring. Boil for about 10 minutes.
4) Stir in the apples and cook until tender.
5) Place the apples on a platter... - 38.2079
Baked Honey Custard
1) In a bowl, beat eggs slightly and add honey, milk, salt and almond extract .Strain it.
2) Take custard cups and pour the mixture.
3) Take a pan and boil water enough to drown cups upto 2 inches.
4) Put the cups in the pan and bake at 350 degrees... - 36.6209
1 In a bowl, sift the flour and salt together.
2 Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, add in the shortening and mix until the consistency of coarse sand.
3 Sprinkle the mixture with ice water, tossing until the dough forms into a ball.
4 Place... - 36.2654
Passover Sponge Cake
In large bowl, beat egg yolks with 1/2 cup (1.25 mL) of the sugar, orange rind and juice for about 10 minutes or until pale and thickened In separate bowl and using clean beaters, beat egg whites until soft peaks form; gradually beat in remaining sugar until... - 36.1812
Sweet Potatoes Hawaiian
1. In a skillet, melt butter or fat.
2. Add potatoes and brown it.
3. Add brown sugar and pineapple.
4. Cook it over a low flame for 45 minutes or until potatoes become tender.
5. Turn the potatoes often.
6. Serve Sweet Potatoes Hawaiian... - 35.2093
Dissolve the salt and sugar in the boiling water.
Pour over the matza meal in a bowl and mix well.
Let stand for 5 minutes.
Add the shortening and eggs and mix thoroughly.
Form into patties about 3/4 inch thick and 2 1/2 inches in diameter.
Grease muffin cups... - 35.0827
Jewish Fruit Kugel
Cook noodles according to package directions; drain well.
In a large bowl combine eggs, sugar, cooking oil, and cinnamon; beat well.
Stir in apples, apricots, and raisins.
Toss fruit mixture with drained noodles.
Turn into a greased 1-quart casserole.
Cover;... - 34.2039
1. Heat oven to 350°. Butter a 1 1/2-quart casserole. Soak matzohs in water until soft, like cooked noodles. Drain off all excess water.
2. Combine softened matzohs with apples, raisins, sugar, oil, eggs, lemon zest, salt, and cinnamon; toss to coat.... - 32.2879
1. Thaw puff pastry according to package directions. Sprinkle a work surface with 1/2 cup sugar and top with puffpastry. Sprinkle 1/4 cup sugar over pastry. Roll out into an 11 x 14-inch rectangle. Spread jam over dough. Combine remaining 1/4 cup sugar,... - 31.031
Budino Di Ricotta
Budino Di Ricotta is an amazingly delicious recipe. An easy to prepare recipe, Budino Di Ricotta is a dish that you will definitely love to share with your friends and family. - 25.2016
Black And White Rugelach
1. Melt semisweet chocolate chips and white chocolate chips in separate bowls, according to package directions.
2. Dip each piece of rugala halfway into the melted semisweet chocolate. Set aside and let chocolate harden.
3. Dip uncoated half of the rugula... - 20.5719
Jewish Dessert Recipes By Category