- » Jewish Brisket
Jewish Brisket Recipes
Jewish Brisket, prepared with the beef brisket, is eaten as a holiday entrée during festivals like Hanukkah. This traditional dish, served as a family meal during Hanukkah, is much valued for its aroma, flavor ... More »
Smoked Beef Brisket
My friends like this smoked beef brisket recipe. This recipe was given to me by one of my uncle. It is truly delicious. Whenever we organizing any party at home, this dish is surely included in party menu. It makes the party more enjoyable. If you also wish... - 36.2631
You May Also Like!
Rosh Hashanah - Jewish Tzimmes
Tzimmes, or tsimmes, is a Jewish side dish that is a traditional part of a Rosh Hashanah meal. Carrots, are a favorite, slowly simmered with honey to make a sweet dish symbolizing a sweet new year. There are plenty of variations done with the tzimmes, but the... - 39.7159
Place the brisket in the oven roasting bag in 12 x 7 1/2 x 2-inch baking dish.
Add water, salt, pepper, and vegetables.
Tie bag closed with string.
Puncture bag 2 or 3 times with tines of large fork.
Cook at MEDIUM (5) for 1 hour.
Turn bag over and give dish... - 43.121
1. Soak beans in water overnight in water or for a maximum of 6 hours.
2. Add remaining ingredients.
3. Place the dish on heat, and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
5. Remove meat and cut into serving-sized... - 41.6454
1) In a deep saucepan, place together the brisket, bones and water
2) Bring the mixture to a boil, skimming off the scum
3) Add in the onions and tomatoes
4) Cover the saucepan with a lid and cook on a low flame for about an hours
5) Add in the... - 46.381
1) Take a Duct oven or heavy saucepan and brown meat in it over medium heat, turning constantly. Fat can be added if meat is lean.
2) Add onions and cook until brown.
3) Stir in water and salt.
4) Cover and cook over low heat for about 2 hours.
5) Add... - 40.1536
Brown the meat in oil in a Dutch oven or heavy pot which has a tight-fitting lid.
Add onion and saute until lightly browned. (If using crockery pot, omit the following steps and continue with method.)
Keeping the meat in the center of the pot, add the other... - 35.2373
Sweet Potato Tzimmes
1. Preheat oven at 350° F.
2. In a Dutch oven or casserole, melt fat.
3. Add beef and brown it.
4. Add water, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
5. Cover and cook over a medium heat for 1 ½ hours.
6. Add carrots, sweet potatoes and brown sugar.... - 43.1001
Quick Kasha Cholent
1) Take a bowl and place beans in it. Add water and soak for about 12 hours or more.
2) Take a skillet and heat fat in it. Add meat and cook until brown.
3) Add pepper, salt, garlic powder, paprika, beans and water.
4) Cover loosely and... - 45.8892
Sweet Potato And Prune Tzimmes
1. Wash prunes. Soak it in boiling water for 30 minutes.
2. Chop beef in 6 to 8 pieces.
3. In a Dutch oven, melt fat.
4. Add beef and onions. Brown it.
5. Add salt and pepper.
6. Cover and cook over low flame for one hour.
7. Add prunes... - 46.7175
Mixed Fruit Tzimmes
1. Preheat oven at 350° F.
2. Wash the apricots, pears and prunes. Soak all in cold water and cover for 1 hour. Drain.
3. In a Dutch oven or casserole, take meat. Brown it over medium flame.
4. Add salt and pepper.
5. Place fruit,... - 47.2737
Jewish Brisket Recipes By Category