- » Jewish
Jewish Food is considered to be one of the most popular foods of the world as it offers an interesting variety based on the ethnicity of the regions. Jewish food, a collection of dishes from various cooking ... More »
Sweet Potato Latkes
Have you ever tried to make latke with sweet potato or yam? Look at this wonderful video that shows a simple and easy sweet potato latke recipe. Make this wonderful recipe for breakfast or top with crème fraiche or sour cream and serve as a great lunch along... - 152.059
Here is a nice filling for sweet crepe batter. The cheese will melt in the oven and the combination of the fresh berries will be a very pleasant experience! - 137.917
Healthy Sweet Potato Latkes
You would think it's a pancake or cookie or some other baked goodie, but these sweet potato latkes make a perfect side dish for breakfast or dinner to replace the starchy spuds! And it’s a handy snack as well. These are a welcome addition to holiday menus.... - 135.236
Potato Latkes (potato Pancakes) A Fam Favorite
These delicious potato pancakes are a highlight of Hanukkah get-togethers. Here is a recipe for traditional Jewish latkes. This method will give you seriously crispy potato pancakes with creamy insides. These Potato Latkes only take a few minutes to prepare... - 134.697
Jewish Geflite Fish
The Jewish New Year is round the corner and this Geflite fish recipe is perfect for the holiday table. Watch Victoria make this Jewish Classic recipe in her Italian Kitchen as she directs you in her fine Italian accent how to make this popular Jewish holiday... - 133.487
How To Cook The Best Cholent
Jamie Geller with hubby and friends demonstrate how to make that quintessentual slow cooker dish CHOLENT. - 131.862
Rugelach Pastry With Cheese And Nuts
Jewish cuisine has some very rich traditional recipes like this Rugelach Pastry with Cheese and Nuts which are delightful any time of the year. Take a look at this video to learn this age old classic. - 131.171
The Best Challah Dough
Jamie Geller shows you have to make challah dough with 6 lbs of flour and then in the upcoming videos will show you how to do a 6 braid challah, a Rosh Hashana Crown and a few other fun things you can do with challah (hint: even dessert). - 127.581
Best Ever Potato Latkes- Potato Pancakes
Jamie Geller shows you how to make classic potato latkes. This Jewish recipe classic is easier than you think just watch and you will see how its done. - 126.366
Classic Egg Challah - Part 1 : Making The Dough
This is the review of Part 1 of the video. In this video the Chef shows how to make the dough for making the Egg Challah. She explains step by step right from mixing the ingredients to kneading the dough. - 121.385
Passover isn't until the spring, but one of my other favorite Jewish holidays, Hanukkah, is upon us, so I thought it would be fun to make matzo brei for brunch so Kenya can share in his heritage. And just like his daddy, he loves it. Luckily most groceries... - 121.357
Roman Jewish Style Artichokes
The artichokes Jewish-style (carciofi alla giudia) is a traditional recipe from Rome, that greatly enhances the flavor and taste of the artichoke! - 121.199
Classic Egg Challah - Part 2 : Braiding The Rolls
This is the review of Part 2 of the video. In this part the Chef shows the 2 different styles of braiding the rolls. One is the traditional way and the other is the flower roll. She explains the styles in detail in order to have better understanding. - 120.419
The Bourekas are delicious pastries from Israel. Essentially, it is a puff pastry with a variety of different fillings. You can really get creative there. In this video, our chef shows us how to make them with Gruyere chesse. Yum! Enjoy! - 115.861
Matzo Ball Soup
Watch Mark the geeky cook make a comforting pot of matzo ball soup. This might be one of the favorite Passover soups. In this version, matzo balls are not heavy and doughy, but light, fluffy, and seasoned. If you already have chicken stock ready on hand, feel... - 110.184
Sufganiyot Ricotta Doughnut Holes
1. On work surface, sift 1 cup of flour and baking powder on top of ricotta cheese.
2. Make a well in the middle, add sugar and eggs in it. Mix well.
3. Pour vanilla extract and sprinkle flour on top. Knead and keep adding flour as required.
4.... - 109.44
Hummus for everyone! Delicious, simple, healthy. A perfect recipe! There are so many things other than pita chips to eat it with! I actually like to eat it with wheat thins or carrots. Toasted bread is yummy too. It is super versatile! Enjoy this video... - 108.039
Cream Of Artichoke Soup
The soup is made from Jerusalem artichoke with great nutrition value. The video is tempting that you would want to try it. It's different and a good winter evening soup. - 105.358
Although this traditional Jewish bread is seen making rounds on the table during the Passover holidays, you can bake some at home any day using this recipe. Greg Patent tells you how you can bake crispy, ultra-thin bread at home that makes great... - 100.412
Cranberry, Sage And Chestnut Stuffing
Jamie Geller and friends demonstrate how to make this delicious Cranberry, Sage and Chestnut Stuffing - perfect for Thanksgiving, or any time! - 100.332
How To Make Cinnamon Buns
Jamie Geller and friends show you another way to use challah dough - to make the most delicious Challah Dough Cinnamon Buns. - 98.0759
Challah Kugel Recipe
Jamie Geller and friends hang out in her kitchen and show you how to make Grandma's delicious challah kugel. - 97.8025
Challah Onion Pockets
Jamie Geller and friends share how to make the most delicious onion pockets from Challah dough. - 95.9011
You don't really have to fly off to Ukraine to taste their classic blintzes. Here's a simple, sumptuous, authentic blintze recipe that you will find equally flavorful and nice. Stuffed with gooey cheese filling, these crepe like pancakes make great addition... - 84.0842
Crispy Fried Potato Latkes
Looking for a potato pancake recipe with a twist? Then try this Jewish pancake recipe that yields 'latkes' or Jewish fried pancakes. Watch the video and learn to make these simple fried treats that taste really good and are easy to cook. Watch the video to... - 79.2538
Rosh Hashanah Challah
A trio of Challah breads for Rosh Hashanah. "The sound of the shofar, the ram's horn that trumpets in the New Year at synagogues everywhere, is the unique sound of Rosh Hashanah. It stirs the soul. A freshly cut wedge of this challah, liberally dipped in new... - 54.9947
Jewish Honey Roasted Pomegranate Chicken
This chicken dish, using pomegranates, honey, carrots, and apricots, is perfect for the Jewish Holiday Rosh Hashanah as it combines traditional New Year ingredients into a beautiful dish, served with hope for a sweet and fruitful New Year. - 51.8724
Israeli Honey Cookies
Israeli Honey Cookies are great to be made in order to mark the Jewish New Year. Israelis eat honey and apples on the New year day for a sweet year ahead. Israeli honey cookies can also be made into a food gift for a Jewish family on New Year. - 51.0786
Hamantashen is a delicious Purim cookie consisting of a rich blend of fruits and nuts from the Jewish cuisine. Though a bit elaborate to make, the Hamantashen is worth the effort. Try this Hamantashen and tell me if you like it. - 50.6099
1) Use a measuring cup, to sprinkle yeast over 1/2 (1/4, 1/4) warm water.
2) Place aside to stand in warm place for 5 minutes until it dissolves or puffs.
3) Stir in melted butter, oil and honey.
4) In the food processor, use the METAL BLADE or... - 49.1326
Popularly known as the bread with a hole, bagel is quite a versatile bread. Originated by the jews, bagels are now a part of the global cuisine. Often stuffed with smoked salmon, makes it a fantastic bread to accompany the filling. Its chewy nature is surely... - 48.886
1) Preheat oven to 375°F.
2) In large bowl, add 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar and 1 cup butter. Beat until light and fluffy. 3) Mix 1 teaspoon vanilla and egg. Mix well.
4) Add flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Combine together.
5)... - 48.8055
Israeli Cheese Blintzes
Mix flour or matzo meal and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Combine milk and 2 eggs; gradually add to flour, beating till smooth.
Pour about 2 tablespoons batter into hot, lightly greased 6-inch skillet; quickly swirl pan to spread batter evenly.
Cook over medium heat... - 47.503
Challah Egg Bread
1. Add yeast, sugar and 1/4 cup lukewarm water. Mix well.
2. Let it stand for 5 minutes.
3. Preheat oven at 375° F.
4. In a bowl, sift flour. Add salt.
5. Make a hole in the center. Break eggs into it.
6. Add oil, remaining water and... - 47.2572
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. For preparing pasta casing: Boil salt in large pot of water.
3. Cook pasta until it softens. It may take 10 minutes, by when it becomes slightly overcooked.
4. Take a 2-quart casserole and grease it... - 47.0512
Israeli Sweet Sour Salad
1) In a bowl, put the raisins.
2) Cover them with warm water and leave to soak.
3) Peel carrots and in a serving dish, grate them.
4) Peel avocados and remove seeds.
5) Squeeze juice from two of the oranges and mix well.
6) Peel... - 46.7195
Jerusalem Artichoke And Smoked Oyster Soup
1) In a saucepan, put the chopped jerusalem artichokes and add water just enough to cover them.
2) Now add the lemon juice, the oil from the tin of oysters, the butter and the garlic cloves.
3) Reduce to a simmer gradually until the artichoke pieces... - 46.0808
Yuletide Chocola Te Log
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Grease a 11X7-inch Swiss Roll tin. Line it with a greased non-stick parchment paper. Let the paper come upto 1/2 inch above the edges.
3) Into a bowl, sift the flour and cocoa. Add in the butter, sugar... - 46.0218
1) Preheat oven to 375°F.
2) In large bowl, add cookie ingredients except flour and beat with electric mixer on medium speed until light. Scrape the bowl occasionally.
3) Add flour and beat on low speed to blend scraping bowl... - 45.8815
Jerusalem Artichoke Soup
Lightly spray a pan with olive oil.
Drain the artichokes and add them to the pan.
Add the onion, potatoes, garlic, celery and thyme, then stir to combine.
Cover with a lid and cook for 10 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally, until the potatoes have started... - 45.6453
Challah Bread French Toast
First, let's make clarified butter. Clarified butter is unsalted butter with the milkfats removed. It has a more buttery flavor, plus it lasts for months in the fridge and will not burn when frying.
Take butter, cut into pats, and melt in a small saucepan... - 45.62
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) In a large bowl, combine the margarine and flour, blend well.
3) In a bowl, mix the milk substitute and egg yolks.
4) Then stir into the flour mixture and blend well.
5) Sprinkle over the yeast over and... - 45.6125
In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
Add the oil, sugar, salt, 4 eggs and 4 cups of flour.
Beat until smooth.
Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough.
Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
Place... - 45.5731
1) Preheat oven to 375° F.
2) Take a bowl and beat eggs with brown sugar in it until fluffy.
3) Add noodles, nutmeg, almonds, raisins, melted butter or fat and lemon juice.
4) Take a well-greased baking dish or ring mold and turn the... - 45.174
Beat shortening in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer for 30 seconds.
Add sugar, baking powder, and salt; beat until fluff)'.
Add egg, milk, and vanilla; beat thoroughly.
Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer; stir in any remaining... - 45.026
1. Make the batter by mixing the flour in a bowl
2. Make a well in the center and tip the butter, eggs and half the milk into the flour and beat well till the flour is well mixed.
3. In another bowl, place all the filling ingredients and beat well to... - 44.913
1) Ask the fish monger to fillet the fish, reserving the heads, skin and bones
2) In a saucepan, add the head, skin, bones, 4 sliced onions with 1 quart of water with 2 teaspoons of salt, ¾ teaspoon pepper
3) Cook the fish over a high... - 44.509
For filling: Combine walnuts, raisins, sugar and cinnamon in small bowl and blend well.
For dough: Combine 3 1/2 cups flour with sugar, butter, eggs, honey, baking powder and salt in large bowl, adding more flour as necessary to make pliable... - 44.3958
Seed Crusted Challah
1) Preheat oven hot to 375°F.
2) Grease cookie sheet with shortening.
3) In large bowl add heat 1 cup water and the butter. Heat until very warm (120°F to 130°F). 4) Mix warm liquid and egg to flour mixture. Beat with electric mixer... - 44.192
In large bowl, combine Egg Beaters, flour, onion and pepper; set aside.
Pat shredded potatoes dry with paper towels.
Stir into egg mixture.
In large nonstick skillet, over medium-high heat, melt 1 1/2 tablespoons margarine.
For each pancake, spoon about 1/3... - 43.9813
Jewish Coffee Cake
A moist sour cream coffee cake. This is a great recipe from an old friend. - 43.6718
Baked Gefilte Fish
1) In a grinder, grind the fish and onion
2) In a chopping bowl add the soaked bread after squeezing dry, 1 ½ teaspoon of salt, ¼ teaspoon of pepper, egg, fish and the onion
3) Chop the ingredients till fine
4) Using the hands shape them into 12... - 43.5649
Jewish Baked Cheesecake
Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4.
Mix together the melted butter and biscuit crumbs, and press into the bottom of an 18 cm (7 inch) spring form tin. Chill.
Mix the filling ingredients together, stirring well, and pour over the biscuit base.
Bake on the second... - 43.3378
Simple Cheese Blintzes
Combine flour and salt.
Add water and mix until smooth.
Add 4 eggs and beat well.
Add milk and mix to a thin batter.
Heat a small amount of shortening in a 6-inch skillet.
Pour in 1/4 cup batter.
Cook slowly until pancake is lightly browned on bottom and set... - 43.3114
1. Preheat oven at 425° F.
2. In a bowl, break eggs.
3. Add milk, salt and salad oil. Mix it well.
4. Add flour.
5. In a 6-inch skillet, take a little butter or oil. Heat it.
6. Add 2 tablespoons of batter in it and tilt the pan so... - 43.2608
1. In a bowl, break eggs.
2. Add potatoes, onion, salt, pepper and meal. Mix well.
3. In a frying pan, melt fat or butter.
4. Take the potato batter in a tablespoon and spread it in the pan.
5. Fry it till it browns on both sides.
6. Add more fat or... - 43.0437
Rosh Hashanah - Jewish Tzimmes
Tzimmes, or tsimmes, is a Jewish side dish that is a traditional part of a Rosh Hashanah meal. Carrots, are a favorite, slowly simmered with honey to make a sweet dish symbolizing a sweet new year. There are plenty of variations done with the tzimmes, but the... - 43.0267
Baked Gefilte Fish
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) In a large bowl, combine the fish with carrot, onions, bread crumbs,oil, salt and pepper.
3) Then beat in the eggs and water, blend well.
4) In a greased loaf pan, arrange the pepper rings then spread... - 42.7927
1. In a salad dish place all the vegetables.
2. Combine olive juice, pepper, garlic, salt and lemon juice.
3. Mix well.
4. Serve Israeli Salad immediately. - 42.7309
Blintzes - Jewish Egg Pancakes
In your blender, place the eggs, milk, butter, salt, and flour.
Blend for a moment; then allow to cool in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
Make the pancakes as you would a crepe.
But do not turn them.
They should be thin and not at all browned.
Fry... - 42.5547
Jewish Bean And Barley Soup
1. Take a bowl and pour 2 quarts of water into it and add beans. Allow the beans to soak overnight or quickly soak and drain the water, just sometime before cooking.
2. Take a saucepan, add soaked beans with some water and stir meats... - 42.5378
No artificial ingredients. Safe for diabetics. Cream cheese pastry filled with raisins, nuts and cinnamon. Naturally sweet - 42.4988
1. Beat eggs, add water and pancake mix; blend well.
2. Put a dab of butter in crepe pan or medium skillet on medium heat. Pour 1/4 of mixture into pan and tip so that it covers bottom of pan. Cook until slightly brown underneath. Flip and cook until slightly... - 42.3673
1. Soak beans in water overnight in water or for a maximum of 6 hours.
2. Add remaining ingredients.
3. Place the dish on heat, and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
5. Remove meat and cut into serving-sized... - 42.2952
Aubergine Appetizer Israeli Style
1) Apply 1 tablespoon oil over aubergines and soften the vegetable by baking in an open ovenproof dish.
2) Let cool, hollow out pulp and then through a coarse wire sieve, rub the skin.
3) Take a bowl and using a fork, mash aubergine pulp and skin in... - 42.2803
Jewish Crumb Cake
Cream together first 4 ingredients.
Add 4 eggs, one at a time, at high speed.
Add 1 pint sour cream at low speed.
Sift together next 2 ingredients and mix with first mixture.
Mix sugar, cinnamon, nuts and coconut together in separate bowl.
Grease and flour 2... - 41.9986
Place the brisket in the oven roasting bag in 12 x 7 1/2 x 2-inch baking dish.
Add water, salt, pepper, and vegetables.
Tie bag closed with string.
Puncture bag 2 or 3 times with tines of large fork.
Cook at MEDIUM (5) for 1 hour.
Turn bag over and give dish... - 41.823
Sweet Potato And Zucchini Latkes
this Hanukkah favorite yields a delightfully crispy and slightly sweet pancake. Prepare the batter just before cooking to prevent excess liquid and soggy cakes; pour off any excess liquid while cooking, if necessary. These lacy latkes are delicate, so don't... - 41.7904
1. Put the yogurt in a sieve lined with cheesecloth or yogurt cheese funnel.
2. Place over a bowl and keep it aside for 20 minutes to drain properly.
3. Place in a bowl and fold in the pineapple.
4. In the mean time, whish egg whites until frothy.
5.... - 40.9896
Classic Cheese Blintzes
Put 1 egg, 1/2 teaspoon salt, water and flour into Osterizer container, cover and process at MIX until smooth.
Pour 2 tablespoons of batter onto hot griddle and fry on one side only until lightly browned, using low heat.
Remove each pancake onto a clean... - 40.8835
Do you want to impress your guests, and then there would be no better option than this apfelstrudel recipe. This dessert is so delicious that your guests would be obsessed by it. So do not procrastinate, try this apfelstrudel recipe. - 40.77
potato pancakes with various toppings. - 40.525
Israeli Eggplant Salad
Cut eggplant in half and place cut side down in an oiled bake pan.
Bake at 400F for 30 minutes or until fork tender.
Cool and peel: Chop eggplant, onions and tomatoes into small dice.
Stir the next six ingredients together in a medium-size bowl and add the... - 40.5248
1) In a bowl, mix together the cottage cheese, salt and sugar
2) Add in 1 egg and beat well using an electric mixer
3) Tip in the flour, remaining slat and beat in 1 cup of cold water and the eggs to make a smooth and thin batter
4) Lightly coat a... - 40.4499
1. Into a large bowl, pour the milk, then stir in the yeast and 1 tablespoon of the sugar and let stand for 10 minutes or until foamy. Dissolve the saffron in the lukewarm water.
2. In a medium-size bowl, with an electric mixer set on high, beat the eggs... - 40.2299
Jewish Eggs And Peas
1. Take a shallow, flameproof casserole to cook the dish.
2. Shell the peas and cook them in casserole with ¼ cup water, spices, oil, ½ tsp salt, and twists of freshly ground pepper. The peas should measure about 3-4 cups after shelling. The peas... - 40.1016
Old Fashioned Chicken Soup With Matzo Balls Jewish Pencillin
Clean and cut up chicken in eighths.
Place in large pot with 3 quarts cold water.
Bring to rolling boil.
Remove from heat and skim until soup is clear.
Return to stove, cover and cook on low heat for an hour approximately or until chicken is almost... - 40.0942
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) Take a bowl and beat eggs in it until thick.
3) Add potatoes, baking powder, potato flour, pepper, salt, butter or fat and onion.
4) Take a greased 1 1/2-quart baking dish or casserole and turn the mixture... - 40.0908
1.Mix meat mixture with onion, carrot, garlic, thyme, marjoram , oregano, eggs, and kelp.
2.Mix and make rolls with length of 2-3 inches and diameter equivalent to frankfurter.
3.Coat with wheatgerm, yeast and paprika by rolling over in each... - 40.0813
Scoop flesh from avocados into a bowl and mash with lemon juice until smooth.
Rub inside of fondue pot with cut garlic clove.
Pour in wine and heat until bubbly.
Over low heat, stir in cheese and cook until melted.
In a small bowl blend cornstarch and sour... - 40.0674
1. Grate onions and potatoes.
2. Mix them with flour.
3. Add salt and pepper to the mixture
4.Heat oil in a frypan.
5.Fry the latkes until golden brown.
6.Serve with apple sauce or sour cream.
7.Fried eggs and bacon can also be... - 39.975
My sister likes this Jewish Bread recipe. This Jewish Bread recipe was given to her by one of her friends. Whenever there is a party in our house, she prepares this bread. All the guests like this bread very much and thank her for preparing it. Which makes... - 39.935
Whole Wheat And Rye Bread
Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
Add buttermilk, molasses, and vegetable oil; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until well blended.
Add whole wheat flour, rye flour, cocoa, caraway seeds, and salt; beat until well... - 39.8146
Jewish Fruit Kugel
In 1 1/2 quart casserole, combine apple, apricots, raisins, and water.
Cook, covered, at HIGH for 3 minutes or till apple is cooked and raisins are plump.
In same casserole combine eggs, sugar, cooking oil, and cinnamon; beat well.
Add cooked... - 39.6979
Mix lemon juice with shredded apples, set aside.
Bring water to a rapid boil in a heavy 3 quart saucepan.
Add salt and oil.
Gradually add noodles, being sure water continues to boil.
Cook noodles uncovered until tender but firm, stirring... - 39.5958
In 2-quart casserole, combine beef, chicken fat, water, sweet potato, onion, honey, salt, cinnamon, and cloves.
Cook, covered, at HIGH for 8 to 10 minutes or till boiling.
Cook, covered, at MEDIUM (5) for 50 minutes.
Stir in prunes and apricots.
Cook,... - 39.3012
Jewish Cabbage Rolls
1) In a large pot of boiling water, submerge the cabbage leaves and cook for about 3 min; drain well.
2) In a large bowl, mix the egg, milk, onion, salt, pepper, beef and rice; in the center of each cabbage leaf place about 3 tbsp of the meat... - 39.2572
Jewish Egg Braid
Dissolve yeast in warm water in large bowl.
Stir in sugar, salt, 1 egg, 1 tablespoon oil and 1 1/4 cups of the flour.
Beat until smooth.
Stir in enough remaining flour to make dough easy to handle.
Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; knead until smooth... - 39.0196
Bring the milk to the boil, remove the pan from the heat and add the butter, sugar and salt.
Stir until the butter has melted.
Pour the milk mixture into a bowl and cool until lukewarm then stir in the yeast and leave for 10 minutes until frothy.
Eeat the egg... - 38.1085
Russian Jewish Barley Soup
Top of the stove method: Place lima beans in mixing bowl, cover with 2 c. (500 mL) boiling water; soak overnight.
In large soup pot, place soup bone, celery, onion and enough water to completely cover the bone.
Season with salt and pepper.
Bring to a boil,... - 38.0995
Jewish Recipes By Category