- » Jewish
Jewish Food is considered to be one of the most popular foods of the world as it offers an interesting variety based on the ethnicity of the regions. Jewish food, a collection of dishes from various cooking ... More »
Here is a nice filling for sweet crepe batter. The cheese will melt in the oven and the combination of the fresh berries will be a very pleasant experience! - 136.278
Potato Latkes (potato Pancakes) A Fam Favorite
These delicious potato pancakes are a highlight of Hanukkah get-togethers. Here is a recipe for traditional Jewish latkes. This method will give you seriously crispy potato pancakes with creamy insides. These Potato Latkes only take a few minutes to prepare... - 135.899
Healthy Sweet Potato Latkes
You would think it's a pancake or cookie or some other baked goodie, but these sweet potato latkes make a perfect side dish for breakfast or dinner to replace the starchy spuds! And it’s a handy snack as well. These are a welcome addition to holiday menus.... - 135.229
Rugelach Pastry With Cheese And Nuts
Jewish cuisine has some very rich traditional recipes like this Rugelach Pastry with Cheese and Nuts which are delightful any time of the year. Take a look at this video to learn this age old classic. - 131.637
Chopped Chicken Livers.mpg
How to prepare Chopped Chicken Livers. Demonstrated by professional cooking teacher and retired caterer, Betty Bannerman Busciglio. Visit website: www.bettyskitchenfare.com.
Chopped Chicken Livers - 126.393
Sweet Potato Latkes
Have you ever tried to make latke with sweet potato or yam? Look at this wonderful video that shows a simple and easy sweet potato latke recipe. Make this wonderful recipe for breakfast or top with crème fraiche or sour cream and serve as a great lunch along... - 122.115
Classic Egg Challah - Part 1 : Making The Dough
This is the review of Part 1 of the video. In this video the Chef shows how to make the dough for making the Egg Challah. She explains step by step right from mixing the ingredients to kneading the dough. - 119.783
Roman Jewish Style Artichokes
The artichokes Jewish-style (carciofi alla giudia) is a traditional recipe from Rome, that greatly enhances the flavor and taste of the artichoke! - 119.555
Gefilte Fish - Passover Recipe
The Jewish New Year is round the corner and this Geflite fish recipe is perfect for the holiday table. Watch Victoria make this Jewish Classic recipe in her Italian Kitchen as she directs you in her fine Italian accent how to make this popular Jewish holiday... - 119.373
Classic Egg Challah - Part 2 : Braiding The Rolls
This is the review of Part 2 of the video. In this part the Chef shows the 2 different styles of braiding the rolls. One is the traditional way and the other is the flower roll. She explains the styles in detail in order to have better understanding. - 119.204
Passover isn't until the spring, but one of my other favorite Jewish holidays, Hanukkah, is upon us, so I thought it would be fun to make matzo brei for brunch so Kenya can share in his heritage. And just like his daddy, he loves it. Luckily most groceries... - 117.407
The Bourekas are delicious pastries from Israel. Essentially, it is a puff pastry with a variety of different fillings. You can really get creative there. In this video, our chef shows us how to make them with Gruyere chesse. Yum! Enjoy! - 114.565
The Best Challah Dough
Jamie Geller shows you have to make challah dough with 6 lbs of flour and then in the upcoming videos will show you how to do a 6 braid challah, a Rosh Hashana Crown and a few other fun things you can do with challah. - 114.554
Matzo Ball Soup
Watch Mark the geeky cook make a comforting pot of matzo ball soup. This might be one of the favorite Passover soups. In this version, matzo balls are not heavy and doughy, but light, fluffy, and seasoned. If you already have chicken stock ready on hand, feel... - 108.62
Hummus for everyone! Delicious, simple, healthy. A perfect recipe! There are so many things other than pita chips to eat it with! I actually like to eat it with wheat thins or carrots. Toasted bread is yummy too. It is super versatile! Enjoy this video... - 104.57
Cream Of Artichoke Soup
The soup is made from Jerusalem artichoke with great nutrition value. The video is tempting that you would want to try it. It's different and a good winter evening soup. - 103.754
Although this traditional Jewish bread is seen making rounds on the table during the Passover holidays, you can bake some at home any day using this recipe. Greg Patent tells you how you can bake crispy, ultra-thin bread at home that makes great... - 100.43
Please visit Joy of Kosher for the full recipe. - 97.2726
Crispy Fried Potato Latkes
Looking for a potato pancake recipe with a twist? Then try this Jewish pancake recipe that yields 'latkes' or Jewish fried pancakes. Watch the video and learn to make these simple fried treats that taste really good and are easy to cook. Watch the video to... - 91.9253
You don't really have to fly off to Ukraine to taste their classic blintzes. Here's a simple, sumptuous, authentic blintze recipe that you will find equally flavorful and nice. Stuffed with gooey cheese filling, these crepe like pancakes make great addition... - 80.8901
Rosh Hashanah Challah
A trio of Challah breads for Rosh Hashanah. "The sound of the shofar, the ram's horn that trumpets in the New Year at synagogues everywhere, is the unique sound of Rosh Hashanah. It stirs the soul. A freshly cut wedge of this challah, liberally dipped in new... - 53.3451
Israeli Honey Cookies
Israeli Honey Cookies are great to be made in order to mark the Jewish New Year. Israelis eat honey and apples on the New year day for a sweet year ahead. Israeli honey cookies can also be made into a food gift for a Jewish family on New Year. - 52.1236
Hamantashen is a delicious Purim cookie consisting of a rich blend of fruits and nuts from the Jewish cuisine. Though a bit elaborate to make, the Hamantashen is worth the effort. Try this Hamantashen and tell me if you like it. - 51.5296
1. In a blender, process the milk, flour, egg, and baking powder until the mix becomes smooth, scraping down the sides of the container is needed in order to make the mix even and consistent.
2. Coat a small no-stick frying pan with no-stick spray.
3.... - 51.0197
Jewish Honey Roasted Pomegranate Chicken
This chicken dish, using pomegranates, honey, carrots, and apricots, is perfect for the Jewish Holiday Rosh Hashanah as it combines traditional New Year ingredients into a beautiful dish, served with hope for a sweet and fruitful New Year. - 50.1948
1) Preheat oven to 375°F.
2) In large bowl, add 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar and 1 cup butter. Beat until light and fluffy. 3) Mix 1 teaspoon vanilla and egg. Mix well.
4) Add flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Combine together.
5)... - 49.8639
Jerusalem Artichoke Soup
1)Take the artichokes,peel them.
2)Take a 2-quart glass saucepan and add the peeled artichokes.
3) Now add some lemon juice and water required to cover the artichokes.
4) Close the pan and cook on high in the microwave for about 15 minutes till... - 49.3431
1) Preheate the oven to 425° F.
2) In a bowl, beat the eggs, milk, salt and salad oil together.
3) Stir the flour into the egg mixture, until thoroughly blended.
4) In large iron skillet, heat about 1 teaspoon butter, pour in 1/4 cup of... - 48.9872
Popularly known as the bread with a hole, bagel is quite a versatile bread. Originated by the jews, bagels are now a part of the global cuisine. Often stuffed with smoked salmon, makes it a fantastic bread to accompany the filling. Its chewy nature is surely... - 48.8535
1. To make the matter, in a large bowl, break the eggs and beat them with a wire whisk until yolks and whites are well blended.
2. Sift flour into the bowl and whisk with the eggs until smooth
3. Add milk and oil and blend into the batter.
4.... - 48.5674
In a blender, process the milk, flour, egg and baking powder until smooth, scraping down the sides of the container as needed.
Coat a small no-stick frying pan with no-stick spray.
Place the pan over medium-high heat.
Pour in about 3 tablespoons batter and... - 47.849
Potato Latkes With Homemade Applesauce
Prepare Homemade Applesauce; cover and refrigerate until serving time.
Peel and finely shred potatoes and onion into colander.
With hand, squeeze to press out as much liquid as possible.
Place potato mixture in medium bowl; stir in egg, flour, parsley, lemon... - 47.5956
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. For preparing pasta casing: Boil salt in large pot of water.
3. Cook pasta until it softens. It may take 10 minutes, by when it becomes slightly overcooked.
4. Take a 2-quart casserole and grease it... - 47.5948
Jerusalem Artichoke Soup
1) In a saucepan, melt the butter and sautÃ© onion until translucent.
2) Stir in the artichokes for 2 minutes.
3) Blend in the stock, and season to taste.
4) Put the lid and simmer until the artichokes are tender.
5) Take the pan away form heat,... - 47.4827
Challah Egg Bread
1. Add yeast, sugar and 1/4 cup lukewarm water. Mix well.
2. Let it stand for 5 minutes.
3. Preheat oven at 375° F.
4. In a bowl, sift flour. Add salt.
5. Make a hole in the center. Break eggs into it.
6. Add oil, remaining water and... - 47.3639
Israeli Sweet Sour Salad
1) In a bowl, put the raisins.
2) Cover them with warm water and leave to soak.
3) Peel carrots and in a serving dish, grate them.
4) Peel avocados and remove seeds.
5) Squeeze juice from two of the oranges and mix well.
6) Peel... - 47.2699
Yuletide Chocola Te Log
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Grease a 11X7-inch Swiss Roll tin. Line it with a greased non-stick parchment paper. Let the paper come upto 1/2 inch above the edges.
3) Into a bowl, sift the flour and cocoa. Add in the butter, sugar... - 47.2489
Cream Cheese Blintzes
1. Prepare very thin pancakes, and brown them only on one side.
2. In a container of food processor, add creamed cottage cheese, lemon rind, egg yolks, vanilla, sugar, salt and cinnamon and blend by running the STIR blade for about 20 -30 seconds.
3.... - 47.1328
Cream Of Jerusalem Artichoke Soup
1) Peel the Jerusalem artichokes and then cut them into pieces of ½-inch each. Seep them in a bowl of cold water to which the strained lemon juice has been stirred.
2) Peel the onion and thinly slice it. Unless the cucumber is waxed, wipe and... - 47.0225
1) Use a measuring cup, to sprinkle yeast over 1/2 (1/4, 1/4) warm water.
2) Place aside to stand in warm place for 5 minutes until it dissolves or puffs.
3) Stir in melted butter, oil and honey.
4) In the food processor, use the METAL BLADE or... - 46.9273
Israeli Cheese Blintzes
Mix flour or matzo meal and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Combine milk and 2 eggs; gradually add to flour, beating till smooth.
Pour about 2 tablespoons batter into hot, lightly greased 6-inch skillet; quickly swirl pan to spread batter evenly.
Cook over medium heat... - 46.9142
Cheese And Chilli Blintzes
1) Start the recipe preparing the pancake batter.
2) Take a bowl, sift flour and salt. Keep a hole in between the mixture like a well.
3) Add egg and some portion of the milk to it and mix well.
4) Continue stirring, gradually mixing the remaining... - 46.7704
For filling: Combine walnuts, raisins, sugar and cinnamon in small bowl and blend well.
For dough: Combine 3 1/2 cups flour with sugar, butter, eggs, honey, baking powder and salt in large bowl, adding more flour as necessary to make pliable... - 46.7075
Beat shortening in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer for 30 seconds.
Add sugar, baking powder, and salt; beat until fluff)'.
Add egg, milk, and vanilla; beat thoroughly.
Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer; stir in any remaining... - 46.6468
1. In small bowl of electric mixer, combine flour, cinnamon, milk and water, mixing at medium speed until smooth.
2. Let it stand 30 minutes.
3. For each blintz, into hot, lightly greased 6-inch skillet or crepe pan pour 3 tablespoons batter.
4. Let it... - 46.6142
Challah has a unique taste. The Dry yeast and sugar gives the Challah a prefect taste. Must catch it. - 46.5053
Want to have a fabulous tea party? This Basic Blintzes recipe is a tasty snack that would make a value addition to your exotic menu. Try it!! - 46.4389
Home Made Geflite Fish
Put fish, onion, and celery through a meat grinder twice, or process in food processor until ground.
In bowl combine fish mixture with salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
Gradually add milk and combine.
Shape into 4 equal oval patties.
Poach in simmering salted... - 46.3106
Dissolve yeast in the warm water in a large bowl.
Let stand until bubbly (about 5 minutes).
Stir in 1 1/4 cups of the flour, the sugar, egg, egg white, oil, salt, and saffron, if desired.
Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl... - 46.2922
Jerusalem Artichoke Soup
Melt the butter in a saucepan and saute onion 1 minute.
Add celery and artichokes and stir for 1-2 minutes.
Rub in flour with a wooden spatula.
Pour on chicken stock and milk and bring to a boil.
Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
Put on lid and simmer,... - 46.2597
These Cheese Blintzes are one of the best pancakes that I've ever tasted ! The cheese filling is too compelling. Try out these Cheese blintzes and let me know if you like them - 46.2588
1 In a bowl, add eggs, water, flour, and powdered milk beat them together throughly.
2 Into a small (6 inch) nonstick, pour 3 tablespoons of batter to make crepes.
3 Spread the batter evenly over the bottom by tilting the skillet slightly.
4 ... - 46.1268
1) Preheat oven to 375° F.
2) Take a bowl and beat eggs with brown sugar in it until fluffy.
3) Add noodles, nutmeg, almonds, raisins, melted butter or fat and lemon juice.
4) Take a well-greased baking dish or ring mold and turn the... - 46.0647
Challah Bread French Toast
First, let's make clarified butter. Clarified butter is unsalted butter with the milkfats removed. It has a more buttery flavor, plus it lasts for months in the fridge and will not burn when frying.
Take butter, cut into pats, and melt in a small saucepan... - 45.9636
1) Preheat oven to 375°F.
2) In large bowl, add cookie ingredients except flour and beat with electric mixer on medium speed until light. Scrape the bowl occasionally.
3) Add flour and beat on low speed to blend scraping bowl... - 45.9299
Jerusalem Artichoke Soup
Lightly spray a pan with olive oil.
Drain the artichokes and add them to the pan.
Add the onion, potatoes, garlic, celery and thyme, then stir to combine.
Cover with a lid and cook for 10 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally, until the potatoes have started... - 45.7923
Simmered Gefullte Fish
Cut fish in small pieces.
Add onion, celery, garlic, marjoram, thyme, salt and pepper to taste.
Put through fine grinder twice.
Put in large bowl and add eggs, parsley, matzo meal.
Add cream slowly until well absorbed.
Mold fish paste into... - 45.7615
In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
Add the oil, sugar, salt, 4 eggs and 4 cups of flour.
Beat until smooth.
Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough.
Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
Place... - 45.7404
1) The oven is preheated to 400 degrees C.
2) The baking tray is greased and kept aside.
3) Saffron is dissolved in hot water and cooled, till it reaches luke warm stage.
4) About 1 1/2 cups of flour, salt, yeast, oil and honey are... - 45.672
In large mixing bowl, stir together 2 cups of the flour and the yeast.
In 4-cup glass measure combine milk, butter, sugar, salt, and saffron.
Heat at HIGH for 2 minutes, stirring to dissolve sugar.
Cool to lukewarm (115°F).
Add to mixing bowl with eggs.
Beat... - 45.5738
1) In a bowl, sift the flour and salt together.
2) Combine the eggs, milk and melted butter, gradually stir into the flour, and beat well to smoothen.
3) In a heavy 6 inch skillet, apply butter to the bottom and sides and place over a medium-high... - 45.5633
Cream Of Jerusalem Artichoke Soup
Combine the Jerusalem artichokes, the onions and 3 tablespoons of the butter in a saucepan.
Cover tightly and cook over low heat, stirring frequently, for 8 or 10 minutes.
Add the hot water and salt and pepper to taste.
Cook 10 minutes longer.
Puree in a... - 45.4354
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) In a large bowl, combine the margarine and flour, blend well.
3) In a bowl, mix the milk substitute and egg yolks.
4) Then stir into the flour mixture and blend well.
5) Sprinkle over the yeast over and... - 45.34
1) Ask the fish monger to fillet the fish, reserving the heads, skin and bones
2) In a saucepan, add the head, skin, bones, 4 sliced onions with 1 quart of water with 2 teaspoons of salt, ¾ teaspoon pepper
3) Cook the fish over a high... - 45.2823
1) Make the batter by beating the eggs in a large bowl. Add in sifted flour. Beat till smooth. Add in the milk and oil. Cover the bowl and let chill for 45 minutes.
2) Meanwhile, prepare the cheese filling by blending cottage cheese, eggs, sugar... - 45.0519
Filled Cheese Blintzes
Beat egg yolks with salt, sugar, butter and milk.
Stir briskly until batter is smooth.
Fold in egg whites.
Butter 6-inch skillet very lightly.
Pour in a very thin layer of batter just enough to cover bottom of pan, about 2 tablespoons.
Cook on one... - 44.9692
Blintzes - Jewish Egg Pancakes
In your blender, place the eggs, milk, butter, salt, and flour.
Blend for a moment; then allow to cool in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
Make the pancakes as you would a crepe.
But do not turn them.
They should be thin and not at all browned.
Fry... - 44.9434
Challah Sabbath Twist
1. If possible, check temperature of water with thermometer. In large bowl, sprinkle yeast and sugar over water, stirring until dissolved.
2. Add salt, oil, eggs and 3 cups flour; beat with electric mixer until smooth— about 2 minutes. Gradually add... - 44.676
In a small bowl, sprinkle the yeast into the warm water with the sugar.
Let stand for 2 or 3 minutes, then stir to dissolve the yeast completely.
Set aside until the mixture doubles.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl beat the butter with the sugar until light and... - 44.4447
Dissolve yeast in warm water.
Stir in lukewarm milk, sugar, salt, shortening and 1 1/4 cups flour.
Beat until smooth.
Mix in enough remaining flour to make the dough easy to handle.
Turn dough out on a lightly floured board.
Knead until smooth and elastic,... - 44.4326
Seed Crusted Challah
1) Preheat oven hot to 375°F.
2) Grease cookie sheet with shortening.
3) In large bowl add heat 1 cup water and the butter. Heat until very warm (120°F to 130°F). 4) Mix warm liquid and egg to flour mixture. Beat with electric mixer... - 44.3942
Jewish Coffee Cake
A moist sour cream coffee cake. This is a great recipe from an old friend. - 44.3386
Thaw fish if frozen.
Pat dry with paper toweling.
In 3-quart casserole, combine 6 cups water, half the carrots, half the onions, 1 tablespoon salt, and pepper.
Cook at HIGH for 12 to 15 minutes or till boiling.
Cook at MEDIUM (5) for 15 minutes.
Finely grind... - 44.2887
Challah (egg Bread)
Combine water, sugar and yeast in warm mixing bowl, and stir until dissolved.
Add lukewarm milk, butter or margarine, 2 eggs, salt and 2 1/2 cups flour.
Using electric mixer, beat slowly at first until ingredients are well combined; then increase speed to... - 44.205
Thaw frozen fish.
In large saucepan combine 6 cups water, half the carrots, half the onions, 1 tablespoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
Bring to boiling.
Simmer, covered, 30 minutes.
Finely grind fish and remaining vegetables.
Place in large mixer bowl; add... - 44.1378
Simple Geflite Fish
Cut off heads and skin fish.
Place bones in pot with water, sliced onions, salt and pepper.
Bring to a boil over medium heat.
Put fish filets and onion chunks through a meat grinder using the fine blade.
Add egg, bread crumbs and water... - 44.0552
Jerusalem Artichoke And Smoked Oyster Soup
1) In a saucepan, put the chopped jerusalem artichokes and add water just enough to cover them.
2) Now add the lemon juice, the oil from the tin of oysters, the butter and the garlic cloves.
3) Reduce to a simmer gradually until the artichoke pieces... - 43.9856
This Challah is simply fabulous ! If you want to know what food embroidery is, take a look at this beautifully braided bread glazed with poppy seeds on an egg base. This Egyptian Holiday bread made to take blessings of the divine is sure to make you happy.... - 43.9635
Jewish Baked Cheesecake
Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4.
Mix together the melted butter and biscuit crumbs, and press into the bottom of an 18 cm (7 inch) spring form tin. Chill.
Mix the filling ingredients together, stirring well, and pour over the biscuit base.
Bake on the second... - 43.8933
Easy Cheese Blintzes
To make the filling: Place the cottage cheese in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
Transfer to a medium bowl.
Add the sour cream, egg substitute, buttermilk, sugar, orange rind, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
To make the blintzes: Rinse... - 43.8595
Microwaved Gefilte Fish
1. In 3 qt. glass casserole combine water, 1 sliced carrot, 1 chopped onion, salt and pepper.
2. Microwave at high, covered, 10-12 minutes until mixture boils.
3. Microwave at medium 50% or less to simmer for about 15 minutes to make court bouillon.
4.... - 43.8234
Baked Gefilte Fish
1) In a grinder, grind the fish and onion
2) In a chopping bowl add the soaked bread after squeezing dry, 1 ½ teaspoon of salt, ¼ teaspoon of pepper, egg, fish and the onion
3) Chop the ingredients till fine
4) Using the hands shape them into 12... - 43.7505
Jewish Recipes By Category