- » Japanese Turnip
Japanese Turnip Recipes
Enjoy our collection of japanese turnip recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for japanese turnip recipes.
Grilled Yellow Tail Teriyaki & Pickled Turnip
Here's a video that shows a step by step procedure to prepare this Grilled Yellow Tail Teriyaki and Pickled Turnip. This dish is not only delicious but also visually appealing. Treat your family to this Japanese fish delicacy today by learning it directly... - 142.294
Classic Chicken Teriyaki With Turnip Chrysanthemums
1. Prepare optional TURNIP CHRYSANTHEMUM at least 2 or 3 hours in advance.
2. Score chicken in several places so it will lay flat. Pierce both sides of chicken with a fork for better flavor absorption. Mix MARINADE ingredients, add chicken, and set aside for... - 35.4231
Turnip Cups With Miso Sauce
1. Trim all but 3/4 inch (2 cm) of stem from each turnip. Peel. Trim a small piece from bottom of each turnip so that it will stand upright. Cut off the top of each turnip 1/2 inch (1 1/2 cm) below the stem. This will be the decorative cap.
2. Lightly wipe... - 34.6932
1. Peel turnips and cut off tops about 1/2 inch (1 cm) below stem. Discard tops and trim bottoms of turnips so each is flat. Place one turnip, top side down, on a cutting board between a pair of wooden chopsticks. (These will prevent cutting completely... - 29.8685
Lemony Pickled Turnips
1. Trim all but 3/4 inch (2 cm) of stem from turnips, reserving greens. Peel tur'-nips from bottom to top, leaving 3/4 -inch (2-cm) length of stem intact. Wash well in cold water, separating stems at base to remove any trapped dirt. (A toothpick works well.)... - 24.6925
You May Also Like!
Peel turnips; slice them very thin.
Put into a bowl or, preferably, a crock.
Combine sugar, vinegar, water, and salt in saucepan; bring to a boil.
Pour the mixture over the sliced turnips; mix gently, but thoroughly.
Cover; refrigerate for 5 days. - 26.7901
Cook turnips as directed above; drain well.
Add butter, snipped parsley, chopped onion, and lemon juice.
Toss to coat.
Season with salt and pepper - 25.7255
Shred cabbage finely.
Scrape turnips, carrots, radish and cucumber.
Remove pith and seeds of bell pepper.
Slice all vegetables including spring onions finely.
Place cabbage in a large bowl.
Cover with boiling hot water.
Mix in salt and set aside for 15... - 49.9001
Japanese Beef Stew
Bring beef stock to a boil; add all ingredients except celery, white onions, and scallions.
Simmer for 30 minutes, add celery and onions, and simmer until meat is tender.
Add scallions; simmer for 2 minutes more.
Serve stew with rice, if desired. - 33.5119
Beef Tartar Japanese Style
To prepare and cook
1. Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. In a skillet heat oil over high heat. Sear beef for 30 seconds on each side until just browned.
2. Pour sake or brandy over all and ignite. When flame dies away, remove meat from heat. The outside... - 38.7777
Wash and dry shrimp and vegetables well.
Slice or cut vegetables into strips, if necessary.
Fill skillet half full with salad oil; heat to 360Â° to 365Â°.
To make batter combine flour, next 4 ingredients, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; beat just till moistened (a... - 44.0897
Japanese shabu Shabu
1. Prepare a total of 8 1/2 cups bonito stock.
2. Blanch 4 whole cabbage leaves in boiling water until soft, then cool in cold water. Drain. Pare down thick veins so cabbage can be rolled. Blanch spinach in same manner as cabbage. Squeeze out... - 42.5652
Place the stock in a large kettle.
Add the onion, leeks and turnip, bring to a boil.
Boil until the turnip is tender.
Add the bamboo, tofu and tuna.
Simmer for 5 minutes.
Serve very hot. - 35.0126
Miso soup is a lovely oriental soup hailing from Japan. Prepared with a miso mixture of ermented soy beans, the miso soup is prepared with fresh vegetables and is nutrtious and savory. I serve this whenever we do an asian themed dinner at our palce. - 34.0799