- » Japanese Tofu
Japanese Tofu Recipes
Enjoy our collection of japanese tofu recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for japanese tofu recipes.
Japanese Skewered Tofu Dango
Have a sweet tooth and you are watching your calories too?? This is just the correct page for you. This video has the recipe to the healthiest Japanese dessert called Skewered Tofu Dango. Watch how the chef prepares the skewers with different toppings. Treat... - 148.071
All Time Favorite Vegetable Tofu Nimono
This video is a must watch for all the veggie lovers. Watch the chef prepare this authentic Vegetable Tofu Nimono absolutely effortlessly. The dish is high on fibre and is totally delicious. This recipe makes for a great main dish on no meat days. Watch the... - 146.534
Japanese Katsu Curry
Looking for some traditional Japanese recipes? This one is a must try. The Japanese Katsu curry is a great blend of crispy katsu and the delicious, creamy curry. Watch the video now and surprise your family this weekend with this recipe. - 145.947
Japanese Teriyaki Tofu
Are you a vegetarian and looking for a vegetarian Japanese recipe? The chef here brings a vegetarian dish that’s a specialty of Japanese cuisine, teriyaki tofu. Thanks to chef for bringing us a vegetarian Japanese dish for all those who want to enjoy the... - 143.645
Maangchi has come up with a recipe that would cheer up vegetarian foodies. In this video she is making Yubuchobap, which is stir fried rice stuffed tofu. Whether you want to pack a quick lunch for office or take a Korean food for your next picnic, this recipe... - 138.334
How To Make Agedashi Tofu
Today, we will be making a simple and delicious recipe, agedashi tofu. This recipe is especially popular among Izakaya style restaurants. It is served piping hot as it becomes mushy upon cooling. A tip to make delicious Agedashi Tofu is to fry immediately... - 133.43
Tofu Salad With Oriental Dressing
Attention salad lovers! Here's an amazing tofu salad that you must not ignore. This video is a step by step guide on how to prepare the Japanese Tofu Salad with Oriental Dressing. Treat your family to this bowl of health today. - 127.713
Simple Tasty Tofu
Cheesecake is not easy to make. This simple video has a unique method that can be used to make delicious cheesecake which looks just like tofu. - 114.629
Easy Japanese Miso Soup
Asian particularly Thai style soups with soybean are nutritious as well as delicious. Check out the recipe to make Miso Soup out of miso paste, tofu and other typical Japanese ingredients. Simple to make and great in taste! - 112.443
Corn Tofu ( Soymilk Tofu)
This video will show you how to make a tofu using soy milk and gelatin. Adding creamed corn makes the tofu really aromatic and appetizing. It is something similar to drinking Korean corn tea ;) - 108.81
1. On a plate place the tofu pieces.
2. Top it with green onion, and ginger.
3. Pour soy sauce on tofu.
4. Serve hiyayakko tofu with sushi roll. - 107.935
Exotic soup, loved by all. This video makes a classic Japanese soup called miso soup. It combines the goodness of tofu with daashi granules and red miso paste to make it more zesty and add a bit of spice to the whole soup. This is a very healthy soup and... - 106.854
Easy Quick Cold Tofu
Tofu can be prepared in a range of ways. This video has a great way to make tofu as quickly as possible with the simplest of ingredients. - 105.872
Have you ever tried Japanese koyadofu which is one of the favorite Japanese appetizers in your home kitchen setting. Now you can make perfect koyadofu in your home with help of our chef who expains each step in a simple way. Now get the goodness of health and... - 101.593
Traditional Miso Soup
Are you looking for a soup, which can be filling as a meal, try this Traditional Miso soup. This soup can be served as an appetizer, as a stand-alone meal or even as a breakfast. This authentic recipe is from Japanese cuisine and is very simple and easy to... - 101.543
Deep Fried Tofu
Deep fried tofu is called age-dashi-dofu in Japan. Deep fried tofu is usually served with Tempura Sauce.
Agedashi tofu (or agedashi dofu), often shortened to age tofu or age dofu) is a japanese way to serve hot tofu. Silken (kinugoshi) firm tofu, cut into... - 99.7317
1. Take a large pot and add 500 ml (2.1cups) of water.
2. Add 50 grams kudzu starch to the water.
3. Add 100 grams sesame paste to the water and mix them well.
4. Add salt and stir well with a balloon whisk until the kudzu starch dissolves... - 99.0009
Spicy Tofu Chickpea Sushi
Vegetarian nori rolls can now be made at home! Here is a simple recipe to making these! A really simple mix of chickpea and tofu, make the filling for this roll. Both are healthy ingredients and taste great together. A simple recipe and definitely worth a try. - 93.0761
Tofu cooked with onion and carrots, seasoned with wasabi leaves and ginger. - 91.2707
You don't really need complicated recipes to cook healthy. And this simple Japanese tofu recipe just affirms that. The video presents an extremely simple tofu dish that makes for a great side dish. Just follow the step-by-step instructions and cook up a... - 90.6707
'no-chicken' Fried Tofu
Milwaukee's own Outpost Natural Foods and Simple Soyman Tofu join forces to make the BEST no-chicken fried chicken tofu. Great source of protein, B12 vitamins and deliciousness. - 83.2746
Japanese Mochi Melt
Go Oriental this weekend with this yummy Mochi Melt recipe. Watch the video to learn a step wise procedure to prepare this delicacy in your own kitchen. The blend of ingredients impart a wonderful flavor to the recipe. Give it a try. - 80.6261
Miso & Soymilk Nabe
1. Cut chicken meat into medium sized pieces.
2. Tear the cabbage leaves up to bite size pieces.
3. Use only white part of spring onion, cut into dices.
4. In a microwave proof bowl, place cabbage and wrap with plastic film.
5. Microwave cabbage... - 77.1522
Baked Spicy Tofu With Bean Thread Noodles Corn And Mango
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. In a small baking dish, whisk marinade ingredients.
3. Chop drained tofu into ½ inch cubes.
4. Add to marinade and using a spoon, turn gently for even coating. The tofu should be close to each other.... - 45.4677
Sukiyaki With Tofu & Noodles
1) In a saucepan, add the ingredients for the broth, blend well, allow to boil and keep aside.
2) On a large platter, nice arrange the meat, green onions, shirataki, tofu, and chrysanthemum leaves.
3) In each serving... - 45.3275
1. In a saucepan, soak mushrooms in warm water.
2. Diagonally cut each tofu into two triangles.
3. Remove and discard the inner soft portion of each tofu to form a cone.
4. Finely chop the soaked mushrooms.
5. Rinse rice with water and drain... - 45.3056
Five Vegetables With Tofu Dressing
1. Soak mushrooms in warm water until soft (about 1 hour), keeping them submerged by covering with drop-lid, flat pan lid, or saucer. Drain. Discard stems and cut caps into strips 1/4 inch (3/4 cm) wide.
2. Peel carrot and cucumber. Cut into rectangular... - 44.6032
Teppanyaki Sesame Tofu With Soba
1. Heat a large flat frying or char-grill pan to very hot.
2. Meanwhile, place sesame oil and 1 tablespoon of teriyaki sauce in a small bowl. Mix to combine. Brush over both sides of tofu. Sprinkle one side of each piece of tofu with half the sesame seeds.... - 44.5597
Tofu And Vegetable Squares
1. Soak mushrooms in warm water until soft (about 1 hour), keeping them submerged by covering with drop-lid, flat pan lid, or saucer.
2. Mash tofu well by hand. Drain mushrooms and discard stems. Peel carrot. Finely chop carrot and mushrooms. Slice... - 43.8888
1.Take a bowl, put firm tofu, red apples, celery, raisins, and walnuts in it.
2.Blend silken tofu with sesame oil, lemon juice, garlic, gomasio and pepper in a blender until purees.
3.Pour the dressing on the bowl ingredients and toss... - 43.8548
1) In a skillet, saute the ground pork, green onions, and carrots gently in oil.
2) In a large mixing bowl, add the skillet ingredients, drained tofu, egg, breadcrumbs, soy sauce, salt and pepper; blend well and shape... - 42.9184
Cook pasta shells according to package directions.
Rinse in cold water; drain.
Spray a medium skillet with nonstick spray coating.
Add mushrooms and onion; cook till tender.
Stir in parsley, Italian seasoning, and paprika.
Mash the tofu in a... - 42.4507
Spicy Vegetables With Tofu
1) In a skillet, heat oil and sautÃ© the onions, red peppers, celery, garlic, ginger and chilli peppers for 5 minutes.
2) Stir the mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, and peas until combined
3) Add the tofu, stock and soy sauce.
4) Cover and cook for 3... - 42.329
1) In a saucepan, heat the ingredients for the dipping sauce; chill.
2) Drain, cut the tofu into 10-12 pieces and dust them with the potato starch.
3) In a saucepan with salted boiling water, add... - 42.1889
1) Arrange the sliced meat, tofu, and vegetables on a large platter attactively and place on the dining table.
2) Prepare the dipping sauces and transfer into individual serving bowls and place on the dining... - 41.9719
Tofu Cheese Supper
In wok melt butter or margarine over medium-high heat.
Stir-fry onion and carrot about 5 minutes or till onion is very tender.
In an 8x8x2-inch baking pan layer torn bread.
Spoon onion-carrot mixture atop.
Cut up tofu and cheese.
In blender container combine... - 41.9197
Tofu Stuffed Fish
In a skillet, melt butter.
Fry garlic, mushrooms and onion.
Add tofu and parsley.
Cook 2-3 minutes.
Fold in bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
Cover each fillet with around 2 tbsp (30 mL) stuffing.
Secure with toothpicks.
Place fish in a... - 41.5439
Egg Tofu Custard
1. Prepare 2 1/4 cups bonito stock.
2. Combine BROTH ingredients, and, stirring occasionally, bring to a boil over medium heat, making sure that salt dissolves. Force-cool by swirling bowl with broth in a larger bowl containing water and ice... - 41.4094
Tofu And Vegetable Stir Fry
For sauce, stir together the water, dry sherry, cornstarch, soy sauce, sugar, bouillon granules, and ginger.
Spray a wok or large skillet with nonstick spray coating.
Preheat over medium high heat.
Add carrots and garlic and stir fry for 2... - 41.3702
Tofu Vegetable Stir Fry
Cut tofu into 1/2-inch cubes.
Stir soy sauce into cornstarch; stir in sugar and 1/2 cup cold water.
Heat wok over high heat; add oil.
Stir-fry ginger root 30 seconds.
Add carrots and onion; stir-fry 5 minutes.
Remove from wok.
Add cauliflower and... - 41.3657
Tofu On Rice
In a saucepan, bring to a boil 2 cups (500 mL) vegetable broth and soy sauce.
Reduce heat to minimum.
Continue cooking until rice is done.
In a second saucepan, combine 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) vegetable broth, water, onion, celery, mushrooms and... - 41.2209
Tofu In Puff Pastry
Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
In a saucepan, melt 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter.
Fold in flour, mixing well.
While stirring, cook 2 minutes.
Stir until sauce thickens.
In a skillet, melt 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter.
Lightly cook onion, mushrooms and green... - 40.9488
Deep Fried Fresh Tofu And Eggplant
1. Cut each cake of tofu in half lengthwise and then crosswise into thirds. Arrange pieces on a clean kitchen towel atop a cutting board and cover with another towel. Raise one end of chopping board slightly and place a heavy plate or another cutting board on... - 40.7706
Salad With Tofu Dressing
1) In a large pan, add the carrot, konnyaku, tofu pouch, snow peas, and mushroom alongwith the flavoring stock and simmer for 6- 7 min, or until carrot are tender; drain well.
2) With a mortar and pestle, grind the... - 40.736
Tofu Teriyaki Appetizers
In a small pan over medium heat, stir sesame seed until lightly toasted; remove from pan and set aside.
In the pan, stir together Sherry and cornstarch; stir in soy, garlic, brown sugar, dry mustard, and ginger and cook, stirring, over medium heat until... - 40.6092
Freeze Dried Tofu And Shrimp
1. Soak freeze-dried tofu in warm water until soft (1-2 hours). Weigh down with plate or drop-lid so that tofu is entirely immersed. When soft, rinse in cold water and squeeze out excess water by pressing tofu between palms. Repeat until water no longer comes... - 39.8913
In a bowl, mix first 5 ingredients.
Marinate 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
In a skillet, heat vegetable oil.
Pour in tofu and marinade.
Cook tofu until all liquid is absorbed.
In a second skillet, heat peanut oil.
Cook vegetables and water... - 39.8012
1. Wrap each cake of tofu in a cloth and set on a cutting board. Raise one end of cutting board slightly and place a heavy plate or another cutting board on top of tofu to press out excess moisture. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes.
2. While tofu is draining,... - 39.6782
Tofu And Vegetable Scramble
1) In a skillet with oil, saute the tofu, carrot and mushrooms gently over a medium heat.
2) Stir in the dashi broth, soy sauce, sugar, sake and salt, blend well; add the string beans and cook further until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
3)... - 39.5247
Beef Tofu Sukiyaki
Partially freeze beef; slice very thinly across grain.
Thinly slice fresh or canned water chestnuts.
Preheat a large skillet or wok; add oil, Add beef slices; cook quickly, turning meat over and over, just till browned, 1 to 2 minutes.
Sprinkle... - 39.1005
Grilled Tofu With Three Toppings
1. Cut each cake of tofu crosswise into 6 equal rectangular slices. Arrange slices on a clean kitchen towel atop a cutting board and cover with another towel. Raise one end of chopping board slightly and place a heavy plate or another cutting board on top of... - 38.5768
To make the bean curd, put the bean curd, dashi, soy sauce, mirin or sherry, sugar and monosodium glutamate into a saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally.
Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the bean curd has... - 38.0998
Tofu & Cashew Loaf
Slice tofu into 1 to 1 1/2-inch thick slices. Place a thick layer of newspapers on a flat surface. Cover with several paper towels. Position tofu slices in a single layer on top of paper towels. Cover with additional paper towels. Place a flat object, such as... - 37.7571
1. Wrap tofu cakes in double layer of dish towels or lots of paper towels. Press tofu by placing on top of them a cutting board weighted with several canned goods (about 3 pounds worth). Let set for 10 or more minutes. Slice each tofu cake into 4 cutlets.
2.... - 37.6972
Tuna And Cucumber With Sweet Vinegar Dressing
1. Peel and seed cucumber. Thinly slice crosswise. Sprinkle with salt and set aside. Cut ginger into extremely fine slivers and soak in water until ready to use.
2. Combine SWEET VINEGAR DRESSING ingredients. Drain tuna and reserve oil.
3. Squeeze out excess... - 37.3747
Place the stock in a large kettle.
Add the onion, leeks and turnip, bring to a boil.
Boil until the turnip is tender.
Add the bamboo, tofu and tuna.
Simmer for 5 minutes.
Serve very hot. - 36.8163
1) Rinse and soak the hijiki in water for about 10 min.
2) In a skillet, saute the well drained hijiki in oil for 3 min over medium heat.
3) Stir in the sliced, deep fried tofu alongwith the remaining ingredients and simmer for about 10... - 36.745
1. Prepare CONDIMENTS.
2. Combine DIPPING SAUCE ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 5 seconds, then remove from heat. Strain through a cheesecloth-lined wire strainer into a small heat-resistant cup. (A pyrex custard cup... - 36.745
1 ln a large saucepan, combine the stock, water, and soy sauce and bring to a simmer.
Add the cabbage, celery, pepper, and the white parts of the green onions.
Simmer, covered, for 8 minutes.
2 Stirin the mushrooms.
Submerge the block of noodles and gently... - 36.509
Sweet & Sour Tofu
Prepare rice according to package instructions and set aside.
Toast almonds in oven at 350° F. for 5 to 10 minutes until just golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
In a large skillet, saute tofu in vegetable oil and tamari or soy sauce until browned.... - 36.5071
Put the chicken and bean curd on a serving platter.
Chop or shred the vegetables attractively and arrange them on a serving platter.
Pour the dashi into a flameproof casserole or fondue pot and bring to the boil.
Keep it over low heat and add some chicken and... - 36.2195
Tofu Filled Manicotti
Prepare manicotti according to package directions. Rinse under cold water and drain. Separate manicotti and set aside. Heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil in a skillet and add garlic. Saute for a few minutes. Add chopped onions and continue to saute until... - 35.1213
Wakame Seaweed Miso Soup
1) Thinly slice the deep fried tofu on removing excess oil by rinsing in hot water .
2) In a saucepan, allow the dashi broth to boil; reduce the heat to add the miso- broth mixture.
3) Further add the sliced tofu,... - 35.0818
1. Wash and sort soybeans. Soak in 4 1/2 cups water for 8 hours in summer or 20 hours in winter. Reserve water. (Soaking water should always be 3 times volume of beans. The better the water, the better the final taste of the tofu.)
2. After soaking, divide... - 35.0135
Chef Takashi Yagihashi serves a pot of broth with tofu and vegetables, including kombu (a seaweed). Diners pluck out the ingredient they want and dip it in flavorings, including soy, mirin and yuzu. This dish is already supernutritious; to simplify it, use... - 34.2524
Tofu Salad Dressing
In a blender container or food processor bowl combine tofu, buttermilk, vinegar, Italian seasoning, dry mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper.
Cover and blend or process till smooth.
Transfer to a covered container.
Stir in celery seed.
Cover and chill at least 2... - 33.0029
Deep Fried Tofu
1) In a suitable skillet, deep fry the tofu pieces dusted with potato starch in oil at 340 Deg F until golden.
2) In a saucepan add the ingredients for the sauce, allow to boil and turn off the heat.
3) Serve hot deep-fried tofu pieces on a... - 32.6266
Baked Pressed Tofu With Greens
1. Coarsely chop greens after washing and discarding the midribs and stems.
2. In a large skillet, saute onions in olive oil on medium to high heat, until onions start browning.
3. Mix in greens and toss until green wilt.
4. Lower the heat to medium... - 32.3704
Tofu Vegetable Curry
1. Heat the oil in a large soup pot over high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring frequently, until golden. Add the bell pepper and cook for 2 minutes more.
2. Add the curry powder and stir until combined. Add the garlic, ginger, salt, and pepper to the... - 32.1802
Simmered Chinese Cabbage And Deep Fried Tofu
1. Separate cabbage leaves. Submerge in boiling water to soften slightly. Drain. Cut crosswise into 2-inch (5-cm) wide strips. If the leaves are quite wide, cut in half lengthwise first.
2. Immerse deep-fried tofu in boiling water for 30 seconds to remove... - 32.0991
Miso Soup With Tofu And Wakame Seaweed
1. Soak wakame seaweed until it softens (about 10 minutes). Do not oversoak. Drain and trim away any tough sections, then cut into 1-inch (2 1/2-cm) lengths. Cut tofu into 1/2-inch (1 1/2 -cm) cubes.
2. Heat bonito stock over medium flame. When lukewarm,... - 30.7513
Tofu Mushroom Stroganoff
Cook frozen peas in 1 inch of boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
In a large skillet, saute onion in vegetable oil until golden. Add mushrooms, tofu, basil, tarragon and salt. Add pepper to taste. Cook over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes,... - 30.6445
Spicy Tofu Bake
Slice tofu into 1 to 1 1/2-inch thick slices. Place a thick layer of newspapers on a flat surface. Cover with several paper towels. Position tofu slices in a single layer on top of paper towels. Cover with additional paper towels. Place a flat object, such as... - 30.6149
Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Whirl until well blended.
Cover and refrigerate. Use within 2 days for best flavor. - 30.2209
To marinate tofu: Combine marinade ingredients in a shallow bowl. Cut one pound of firm tofu into cubes or slices up to 1/2-inch thick. (Tofu may be pressed first, if desired. Place tofu in marinade and turn to coat all sides. Marinate from 2 to 4 hours,... - 30.1417
Miso Soup With Tofu
1. First make the dashi stock. Wipe the kombu seaweed with a damp cloth and put it into a saucepan with the measured water. Bring to a simmer, skimming off any scum that rises to the surface with a slotted spoon. When the soup is clear, add 1 1/2 tablespoons... - 29.854
Mushrooms & Tofu
Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet. Saute mushrooms briefly. Add tofu and saute for 5 minutes.
In a small bowl, mix together all remaining ingredients except chopped scallions. Pour over mushrooms and tofu in skillet. Cook over medium heat, tossing gently,... - 28.7855
In a cooking pot, simmer all ingredients 30 minutes 01 so. - 28.7166
1. Place the tofu on a pie plate. Weight a second plate with a heavy can or two and place on top of the tofu. Press for at least 15 minutes. Drain the excess water.
2. Place the drained tofu on its side and cut into three equal squares, then in half into... - 27.5325
Chilled Fresh Tofu
1. Cut tofu in half crosswise. Plunge into boiling water for 5 seconds, then transfer immediately to large bowl of ice water.
2. While water is boiling for step 1, prepare CONDIMENTS.
3. Drain tofu and place 1 piece tofu in each of 4 individual serving bowls.... - 26.3694
Barbecued Tofu Strips
Cut pressed tofu into 1/4-inch slices. Place in a single layer in a small pan and pour tamari or soy sauce over strips. Marinate in tamari for 15 to 60 minutes, turning occasionally to coat evenly. The longer the marination time, the stronger the flavor.... - 23.6066
Savory Gingered Tofu
Cut tofu into 1-inch cubes. Combine vegetable oil, tamari or soy sauce, garlic and grated ginger in a bowl. Add tofu and marinate at room temperature for at least 30 minutes, turning tofu occasionally.
Place tofu and marinade in a shallow baking dish. Bake... - 22.864
Tofu No Miso Shiru
Put the dashi into a large saucepan and set over moderate heat.
Stir in the miso paste until it melts.
Raise the heat to high and add the bean curd pieces.
Boil until the bean curd rises to the surface of the liquid. - 22.1435
Tofu Miso Spread
Mash all Ingredients together in a bowl.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. - 20.0806
Hawaiian Grown Kitchen - Tokoname - Segment 1
Looking for some easy traditional Japanese recipe? Try Agedashi tofu, it is quick and easy to make. It will be a sure hit for any party or occasion especially amongst the ladies. - 0
Japanese Tofu Recipes By Category