- » Japanese Soup
Japanese Soup Recipes
Japanese soup ranges from a clear broth to thick stews filled with vegetables and noodles. The basis of most Japanese soups is the dashi which is a stock prepared from green kelp and fish along with shiitake ... More »
Looking for a great suggestion for your next party's menu. Watch this video and learn the step by step procedure for making Classic Tonjiru which is a traditional Japanese Pork and Vegetable Miso Soup. Your guests will certainly call to take the recipe from... - 144.741
Miso Soup With Vegetables
Ever tried miso soup? In this video, Katherine shows you how to prepare a traditional miso soup. Made with tofu and mushrooms, this soup is healthy. Full of health and nutrition, this is a great soup to try out. Listen closely to the nutritional content of... - 126.102
Miso Soup With Mushrooms With Carrot-celery Salad
For a really healthy soup, try out this miso soup. Made with soba noodles, this soup is more filling than any other soup. Flavored with loads of ginger, this is a really delicious soup to try out. This soup goes well with a serving of carrot-celery soup.... - 122.229
Miso Noodle Soup With Vegetables
Miso Noodle soup is an easy and quick recipe to try at home. It is full of flavour and Your family and friends will love it. - 118.688
Japanese Miso And Mushroom Soup
Do you prefer to start your meal with a soup? Here's something useful for you, an innovative and different Japanese Miso and Mushroom soup recipe. You can serve this soup as an appetizer for any occasion and your guests will love it for sure. The best part... - 118.521
Lobster Miso Ramen
Japanese noodle soup is a great way to keep the warmth. Watch this video to prepare miso ramen with lobster. It uses authentic Asian spices to make a wonderful ramen noodle with juicy and succulent lobster. It is a great variety of noodle soup if you want... - 116.784
Easy Japanese Miso Soup
Asian particularly Thai style soups with soybean are nutritious as well as delicious. Check out the recipe to make Miso Soup out of miso paste, tofu and other typical Japanese ingredients. Simple to make and great in taste! - 110.825
1. Slice the carrot, daikon radish into moon shaped pieces.
2. Remove the excess oil from aburaage with the help of a paper towel and cut into ½ inch slices.
3. Separate the maitake and shimeji mushrooms with the help of your fingers.
4. Cut... - 101.389
1. In a pot of lightly salted boiling water drop noodles and cook for about 4 minutes or until soft.
2. Place a soup pot on heat, and pour oil in it.
3. Drop ginger, and garlic in hot oil. Stir, and cook until fragrant.
4. Add mushroom,... - 101.227
How To Make Shabu-shabu
Looking for some variation in your kitchen? Try this Japanese Beef Shabu - Shabu which is a traditional Japanese beef hot pot porridge that makes a great main dish. The Japanese ingredients impart this dish a distinct flavor. Watch this video now. - 100.432
Traditional Miso Soup
Are you looking for a soup, which can be filling as a meal, try this Traditional Miso soup. This soup can be served as an appetizer, as a stand-alone meal or even as a breakfast. This authentic recipe is from Japanese cuisine and is very simple and easy to... - 99.8883
Kelp Miso Soup
Try out this great kelp and miso soup with plenty of minerals. Watch this impressive video that is a really going to make you delightful. This video is interesting and informative. Gear up to make this appetizing healthy soup and enjoy! - 94.7906
Korean Miso Soup
Plan to make a delicious homemade soup for lunch or dinner? Try miso soup — a spicy, light broth that is almost a signature succulent soup of Korea. Highly appetizing, Anna Kim tells you how you can easily stir up miso soup at home using simple store-bought... - 90.2523
Place the shiitake mushrooms in a heatproof bowl, cover with the boiling water, and set aside for about 10 minutes.
In a soup pot, cover the carrots with 3 1/2 cups of the stock or water and bring to a boil.
Lower the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes,... - 47.6559
Miso Soup With Mixed Vegetables
1. Soak mushrooms in warm water until soft (about 1 hour), keeping them submerged by covering with drop-lid, flat pan lid, or saucer. Discard stems and cut caps into quarters lengthwise. If using large mushrooms, slice into 1/2-inch (1 1/2-cm) wide... - 45.4093
Earthy Miso Soup
1. In a small bowl, combine water, tamari and miso. Stir to blend. Keep aside for later use.
2. In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil on a medium flame.
3. When the water is boiling, add the chopped cabbage and... - 44.8914
Dashi With Udon
Marinate chicken strips in soy, sake and sugar 15 minutes.
Combine with mushroom slivers, water chestnut slices and 1/2 cup of the dashi.
Bring to boil and cook, covered, 10 minutes.
Remove cover and let liquid boil away.
Set aside and keep warm.Cover udon... - 42.9451
Japanese Spinach And Egg Soup
1) Remove any tough stems and rotten leaves from the spinach. Coarsely shred the spinach.
2) Into a saucepan, pour in chicken stock. Let it come to a boil.
3) Remove any skin that has gathered at the surface.
4) Into the boiling stock, add in the... - 42.8621
1. Saute the onion, ginger and garlic in the sesame oil for a few minutes.
2. Add the carrot and cauliflower and gently sweat the vegetables for 5 minutes.
3. Add the water, arame, peas and shoyu. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
4.... - 42.3382
Cut softened mushrooms into thirds; combine with mushroom soaking water, bamboo tips and water chestnuts.
Cover, bring to boil and cook 10 minutes.
Add soy, sugar and mirin; cook 5 minutes, remove lid and let liquid boil away.
Cut chicken breast lengthwise... - 41.73
Japanese Style Noodle Soup
If you're using the dried mushrooms, reconstitute them by soaking them in warm water for 30 minutes.
Sliver the mushrooms, discarding the tough stems.
Combine the mushrooms, clam juice, 3 cups of the water, the bok choy, wine, soy sauce, and salt in a large... - 40.9692
To make the bean curd, put the bean curd, dashi, soy sauce, mirin or sherry, sugar and monosodium glutamate into a saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally.
Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the bean curd has... - 40.684
Japanese Miso Soup
Mix the soy and rice wine.
Pour over the tofu, marinate for 10 mins.
Put the stock, garlic, ginger and chilli in a pan and simmer for 2-3 mins.
Add the tofu and simmer for 2-4 mins more.
Add the noodles to the pan, simmer for 5 mins, then add the remaining... - 40.6268
Peasant Style Miso Soup
1) In a medium-sized saucepan, put the chicken stock. In case canned chicken broth is being used, skim the fat off the surface and then pour the broth and 2 cans of water into the saucepan. Cover and bring the liquid to a boil over medium flame.
2)... - 40.471
Miso Soup With Cabbage And Root Vegetables
In a large saucepan, heat the oil over moderate heat.
Add the onion, celery, garlic, and ginger and saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the carrot, parsnip, turnips, cabbage, stock, miso, salt, and pepper flakes.
Bring the liquid to a boil,... - 40.3557
1. In a soup pot, allow vegetable stock and 4 cups water to come to boil. Lower the heat and allow the mixture to simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Mix in tofu and wakame and simmer for about 5 minutes more.
3. Make a paste with miso and 1/4 cup water.
4.... - 39.954
For the miso soup prepare the miso soup by bringing the water to a boil.
Add Hondashi and whisk in miso paste, boil again and strain.
Pour into cups and garnish with diced tofu, black mushrooms and spring onions.
For the Japanese rice Prepare the Japanese... - 39.7005
Japanese Spinach And Egg Soup
Japanese Spinach And Egg Soup is an easy to make recipe. The egg lovers can try Japanese Spinach And Egg Soup. The wine venegar adds up the taste of Japanese Spinach And Egg Soup. - 38.8154
Miso Soup With Shrimp And Tofu
In a small bowl, whisk 1 cup of the water into the miso.
In a medium saucepan, bring the remaining 4 cups of water to a boil with a pinch of salt.
Add the edamame, cover and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
Add the spinach in bunches and stir to wilt.
Add... - 38.772
Drain the arame or wakame and cut into 2.5 cm (1 in) strips; set aside.
Heat the oil in a wok or heavy pan.
Add the vegetables and ginger, and saute for about 5 minutes.
Add the seaweed and water and bring to the boil.
Half cover and simmer for 15... - 38.3896
Asparagus And Surimi Seafood Soup
1. In a large saucepan let the chicken broth and ginger to a boil.
2. Put in asparagus, green onions, vinegar and crushed pepper.
3. Let it simmer 5 minutes or until the asparagus is crisp tender.
4. Put in Surimi Seafood and simmer 5 minutes longer or... - 37.7662
Country Japanese Noodle Soup
Country Japanese Noodle Soup has a fine taste. Country Japanese Noodle Soup gets its rich flavor from tomatoes cooked with chicken broth and soy sauce and mixed with steaks and pasta. Country Japanese Noodle Soup is inspired by many restaurants worldwide. - 37.416
Rinse the wakame briefly under running water and soak in 1 cup water for 15 minutes.
Heat a large saucepan.
Add the oil and onions and saute 5 minutes.
Add the rest of the water and bring to a boil.
Simmer 20 minutes.
Cut the soaked wakame in 1/2" pieces and... - 37.0536
Japanese Chicken Noodle Soup
In a pot, place the chicken broth, bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer.
Add the chicken breast and poach, uncovered, for 35 minutes, or until the breast is tender.
Remove any scum that rises to the surface while poaching the chicken.
Cool the breast, remove... - 35.8502
Wakame Seaweed Miso Soup
1) Thinly slice the deep fried tofu on removing excess oil by rinsing in hot water .
2) In a saucepan, allow the dashi broth to boil; reduce the heat to add the miso- broth mixture.
3) Further add the sliced tofu,... - 35.1344
Place the stock in a large kettle.
Add the onion, leeks and turnip, bring to a boil.
Boil until the turnip is tender.
Add the bamboo, tofu and tuna.
Simmer for 5 minutes.
Serve very hot. - 35.0126
Miso soup is a lovely oriental soup hailing from Japan. Prepared with a miso mixture of ermented soy beans, the miso soup is prepared with fresh vegetables and is nutrtious and savory. I serve this whenever we do an asian themed dinner at our palce. - 34.0799
Asparagus And Surimi Seafood Soup
Bring chicken broth and ginger to a boil in a large saucepan.
Add asparagus, green onions, vinegar and crushed pepper.
Simmer 5 minutes or until the asparagus is crisp tender.
Add Surimi Seafood and simmer 5 minutes longer or until seafood is hot.
Remove and... - 33.4542
Chilled Tomato Miso Soup
Combine tomatoes and gingerroot in a food processor; process until smooth.
Strain mixture through a sieve into a medium bowl; discard solids.
Combine strained tomato mixture, vinegar, maple syrup, miso, and salt; stir well.
Cover and chill.
Spoon 1 cup soup... - 33.3493
Break kombu into several pieces, combine with rest of ingredients, bring to boil and cook rapidly 3 minutes.
Do not overcook.
Strain and reserve kombu and katsuobushi for making Dashi #2.
DASHI #2 Repeat Dashi #1 recipe reusing reserved kombu and katsuobushi... - 33.1416
Miso Soup With Tofu
1. First make the dashi stock. Wipe the kombu seaweed with a damp cloth and put it into a saucepan with the measured water. Bring to a simmer, skimming off any scum that rises to the surface with a slotted spoon. When the soup is clear, add 1 1/2 tablespoons... - 32.3496
1) Combine bonito, kelp, and water and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
2) Strain the soup, season with salt, soy sauce, and monosodium glutamate.
3) In each soup bowl, arrange small slices of canned fish cake, a slice of fresh mushroom, boiled... - 31.9345
Dashi is a basic stock used in Japanese cooking which is made by boiling dried kelp (seaweed) and dried bonito (fish). - 31.6993
Miso Soup With Egg
Bring broth or Dashi mixed with miso and salt to a boil.
While swirling the soup in the pan, gradually trickle in the beaten egg.
Remove from heat.
Add wine, if you wish.
Place a twist of orange or lemon peel in each bowl before adding soup.
Top with green... - 29.8174
Slice pork as thin as possible.
Combine all ingredients, except shoyu and onions; simmer, covered, 15 minutes, or until pork is cooked.
Add shoyu to taste and serve with a little onion sprinkled on each serving. - 29.5991
Miso Soup With Tofu And Wakame Seaweed
1. Soak wakame seaweed until it softens (about 10 minutes). Do not oversoak. Drain and trim away any tough sections, then cut into 1-inch (2 1/2-cm) lengths. Cut tofu into 1/2-inch (1 1/2 -cm) cubes.
2. Heat bonito stock over medium flame. When lukewarm,... - 29.3147
Bring dashi to boil.
Put miso in a small 1/4-inch-mesh sieve, place bottom of sieve in boiling dashi and press miso through sieve with a wooden spoon.
Adjust to taste with more miso, salt and soy sauce.
Garnish with lemon peel and chives.
Pass aji oil. - 29.2418
Miso Soup With Potato And Leek
1. Peel potatoes. Slice into quarters lengthwise, then crosswise into 1/2-inch (1 1/2-cm) slices. Rinse starch from potatoes in a bowl of cold water. Drain.
2. Cut leeks into 1-inch (2 1/2-cm) lengths.
3. Cook potatoes in stock over medium-high heat. When... - 28.5977
Mix together chicken and soy sauce.
Place in each of 6 cups (1 1/2-cup size) an equal amount of chicken, shrimp, watercress, mushrooms, and lemon.
Fill with broth beaten with eggs and salt.
Set cups in a large shallow pan of hot water over direct heat (water... - 27.8939
1. Bring stock and kombu to a boil in a soup pot. Cover; remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Strain; stir in soy sauce.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix about 1/4 cup of the warm stock into the miso paste with a wire whisk until the miso is dissolved. Pour this... - 27.5919
Simmer the stock in a medium-size saucepan.
Put a strainer over the saucepan and, with a wooden spoon, rub the miso through the strainer.
Simmer until heated through, about 10 minutes.
Pour into individual bowls and garnish with scallions and... - 27.4569
Miso Soup With Tofu And Shrimp
Prepare soup mix according to package instructions.
Once water is boiling and you've added soup mix, add spinach, shrimp, and tofu and continue to cook until shrimp is warmed through, about 1 minute.
Pour into a thermos for later, or serve. - 25.4737
1. Combine the bonito, kelp and water. Simmer together gently twenty minutes. Strain and season to taste with salt, monosodium glutamate and soy sauce. - 23.4556
Combine all ingredients, except salt and green onions, and simmer, covered, 1 hour.
Adjust seasonings with salt and garnish with slivered green onions. - 22.8409
Tsukimi Udon - Moon Viewing Noodles
Tsukimi Udon, or "Moon Viewing" Noodles are named for the egg that's placed in the bowl as this Japanese dish is served. It's usually a very simple affair, sometimes even consisting of a bowl of freshly prepared udon noodles, soy sauce, green onions and a raw... - 0
Tantanmen - Peddler's Noodles
Tantanmen (Peddler's Noodles) is a spicy Japanese ramen dish based on a Szechuan dish of the same name. The broth is made from doubanjiang, sesame and miso, giving it a wonderfully spicy and savory flavor. There's nothing better than warming up next to a... - 0
Fully Loaded Japanese Miso Soup
Have you ever wondered how to make this amazing, packed with umami flavor Miso Soup? Wonder no more! This is the recipe for you! - 0
Healthy & Delicious Miso Salmon Soup
Miso is fermented paste made primarily from soy (the fermentation process making it a healthy soy option) that has been shown to help balance hormone levels in women, making it a great seasoning to include during menopause. It has also been shown to have... - 0
Japanese Soup Recipes By Category