- » Japanese Side Dish
Japanese Side Dish Recipes
Enjoy our collection of japanese side dish recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for japanese side dish recipes.
Yaki Gyoza Oriental Style
Looking for a side dish recipe for your Japanese spread? Your search ends right here. Watch this video now and surprise your guests with these delectable Japanese Pan Fried Dumplings. That’s not all, the video also has an added Gyoza sauce recipe that you... - 146.883
Cold Soba Noodles
I really think this goes down as one of my better and favorite recipes. Every time I make it for people, young or old, I get the greatest response. The best part is, it's so easy to prepare and you probably already have a lot of the ingredients in your fridge... - 126.558
Tofu Salad With Oriental Dressing
Attention salad lovers! Here's an amazing tofu salad that you must not ignore. This video is a step by step guide on how to prepare the Japanese Tofu Salad with Oriental Dressing. Treat your family to this bowl of health today. - 126.025
Chicken Karaage is a popular Japanese dish. You can make it for any festival like Thanksgiving or Christmas. This dish tastes so amazing that you must try it once! - 122.272
Japanese-style Mixed Mushroom Stir-fry
Want to try a dish that blends both nutrition and taste? Nutritious Japanese Stir-fried Mushrooms would not only be a hit with mushroom lovers but would also be beneficial for patients who are recovering from chemotherapy. A light yet filling side dish this... - 119.27
Japanese Sea Urchin Spaghetti - Uni Spaghetti
Uni Spaghetti is an awesome Japanese dish. The main ingredient of this recipe is Uni, popularly known as sea urchin. It's delicate creamy and sweet flavor makes the dish unforgettable. Just take a look at the recipe. - 116.65
#1260 Kinpira Parsnip
One of the best ways to eat gobo in Japan is to make a kinpira. In this recipe, Sarah experiments with the traditional gobo kinpira recipe by adding parsnip to it. Healthy, flavorful, and very filling, this Japanese dish is very popular back home. So if you... - 114.219
New Year Kohaku Namasu
This is one of the traditional Japanese New Year dish. This is different from the regular salads tasted. This is simply delicious and I’m sure your family will enjoy it too. - 113.14
Kabocha Salad With Sweet Pepito Vinaigrette
What about making a crazy Salad for this weekend. This salad Recipe is so hearty, that you can enjoy it as an entrée by adding some whole grain bread or a tasty tofu spread. Definitely , something to have on after a long days work . - 111.555
1. Preheat oven to 380 degree F.
2. On a baking sheet, place sweet potato and pop it in oven.
3. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until when chopstick inserted comes out clean.
4. Serve yaki-imo hot with butter. - 111.369
Tuna Avocado Mix
1. Cut tuna, and avocado into cubes, as shown in the video.
2. In a large bowl, add brown sugar, sherry cooking wine, and soy sauce. Mix until sugar dissolves.
3. Drop tuna and avocado cubes in it. Mix
4. Serve tuna avocado mix... - 109.493
Japanese New Year Chicken And Vegetable Stew
Nishime, a humble Japanese Vegetable Stew, is a New Years staple for many Japanese households in Hawaii. There are probably many different versions of this recipe but here is one tutorial that is easy to follow and make, for someone who is making this... - 107.955
Inarizushi (pouch Of Fried Tofu With Sushi Rice)
1. In a bowl, put cooked rice, and sprinkle rice seasoning on it. Mix well to combine.
2. Now, open fried bean curd like pocket, and fill it with flavored rice.
3. Fold the bottom, and place it on serving platter.
4. Serve inarizushi with... - 107.017
Summer Somen Noodles
1. Trim the caps of the okra and remove the firmer skin between the cap and pod.
2. Scrub the okra with salt and boil in hot water for about 30 seconds.
3. Remove the okra and dip into ice water. Remove the excess water with paper... - 106.983
1.In a small bowl, take rice and top it up with ochazuke mix.
2.Pour hot water in bowl.
3.Serve ocha tzuke immediately. - 106.64
When your tongue craves for a spicy, zesty, zingy blast, just stream this video once. Sarah shares with her viewers an extremely tantalizing okra recipe that is pepped up with crackling spices. A lip-smacking side dish any day! - 103.247
Japanese Nasu Dengaku is a real winner when it comes to grilled eggplant dishes. Take a look at this video for the details of this recipe. A nice way to include eggplant in your daily meals. - 102.7
This thing looks like an alligator. But it’s not. It’s goya.
The other day I had some goya for the first time in ages. - 101.456
Today we have 1 onion, two small carrots, 1 negi and one eggplant.
Let’s see what we can do with it. - 101.122
Marinated Mulukhiyah (jew's Mallow) And Natto
Perfect dish to support your health and beauty. Natto is a vegan source of high-quality protein. Mulukhiyah contains 8 times as much calcium as spinach, and of course rich in vitamins.
I am sorry if you don't like this gooey texture, but believe me! It is... - 101.04
In Japanese, mushrooms are called Kinoko. The other day I bought 5 of the popular varieties of mushroom. - 99.9087
Making Bite-size Somen Noodles
Sōmen (素麺) is very thin Japanese noodles made of wheat flour. The noodles are usually served cold in summer with a dashi flavored tasty dipping sauce called Mentsuyu (めんつゆ).
Topping ingredients are optional, so you can skip them, but the easiest... - 99.6313
Japanese Katsu Sauce
No now need to go to the restaurants. You can make the famous Japanese Katsu sauce right in your own kitchen with very less ingredients. Check the recipe detail. - 99.1344
Savory Salad With Miso Dressing
If you love salad and want to try something unique each time, you must try this delicious savory salad with Miso dressing. You can also use this Miso dressing as a marinade or a dipping sauce. Watch the video to learn the easy steps. - 98.8043
Japanese-style Pan Fried Unripe Avocado
Avocados are meant for so much more than plain old Guacamole! Turn those hard unripe avocados lying in your refrigerator into a delicious side dish. This recipe turns hard avocados into melt-in-your mouth, soft, nutty slices. You can add your favorite... - 98.3251
Recently I met a woman in Niseko who makes the most delicious bread.
It's called Ramacipan.
She kindly agreed to show me how to make it one day.
The week before filming this I'd tried some of her pecan and maple syrup bread which was amazing - so I decided... - 98.2689
In Japan, wasabi usually comes in a tube like this. It’s like toothpaste, but it’s green. The other day we bought some wasabi that wasn’t in a tube. It was also white for some reason. We ate in two different ways. - 98.1324
Black Gomoku Rice Balls
This recipe once became an actual onigiri product and sold at convenience stores nationwide in Japan. The rice is cooked with 5 black-colored ingredients: black pork (local specialty in Kagoshima prefecture), sliced kelp, black rice, black sesame seeds, and... - 98.0298
Tofu cooked with onion and carrots, seasoned with wasabi leaves and ginger. - 97.8075
Detox: Japanese Wasabi Soy Beans
When you find fresh soy beans, the best way to cook them is by making wasabi Soy beans. The chef in the video has this simple recipe where she boiled the beans in water and serves it with a simple wasabi sauce made with different sauces like tamari, brown... - 97.5441
Hey you Japanese food lovers, you will surely dig on Tamago. This is actually a sweet egg omelet which has sugar, soy sauce and mirin which the usual egg omelet does not have. It can be used as a topping over sushi. - 96.9755
Did you know that a dash of pesto could transform the blandest of all dishes into a sizzling treat? And the good thing is that they are delightfully easy to make too. Sarah tosses in basil, pine nuts, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper to blend a sumptuous... - 96.7716
#123 Kinpira Gobo
The classic kinpira gobo is a medley of different flavors ranging from spicy to salty and sweet. This crunchy, stir-fried vegetable dish can make for a wonderful side veggie. Very easy to make and great to taste, Sarah shows you how you can stir up a quick... - 96.2972
Do you like brussels sprouts? Apparently the reason why many people say they dislike them is because they've only tried them when they're overcooked. - 96.2344
1. Take a large pot and add 500 ml (2.1cups) of water.
2. Add 50 grams kudzu starch to the water.
3. Add 100 grams sesame paste to the water and mix them well.
4. Add salt and stir well with a balloon whisk until the kudzu starch dissolves... - 95.6235
Delicious Sesame Dressing
A few salads have garnered quite a bad rep for using creamy, high-calorie dressings, bad enough to derail your diet plans. However, with versatile and virtuous dressings like the one made from sesame, you can turn your salad into a hearty, delicious,... - 95.1712
Natto Dressing Salad
This video will show you how to make a healthy salad with Natto dressing!!!
I mixed non-oil Aojiso (Shiso/perilla leaves) dressing with Natto (a traditional Japanese food made from fermented soybeans) and poured on the salad.
Natto is rich in isoflavones,... - 94.8639
Stir-fried Cabbage Neapolitan
In this video, you will find a very authentic Japanese dish " Stir-fried Cabbage". The dish is quite easy and simple to make. Check out the video for recipe detail. - 94.0149
Delicious Miso Eggplant
To make Miso Eggplant, first you need to invite your friends from Aichi to come and stay and hope they bring some of this delicious sweet red miso with them. - 93.1118
Creamy Wasabi Pastry Puffs
If you love your Japanese food, then you are simply going to love this unique dish. Wasabi cream rolled into a puff pastry makes for delectable bite. In case, you are in a mood of experimenting with Asian cuisine, you can try preparing some of these wasabi... - 93.0765
Juicy Eggplant Gravy
Not many people like eggplant. However, this simple dish uses the least ingredients and it appeals to everyone. - 91.5854
I thought of something else to make with pumpkin: kabocha mochi.
Kabocha means pumpkin and mochi usually means rice cake – but other things that have a similar consistency to mochi but aren’t actually made of rice can also be called mochi. - 90.998
1. In a bowl of water, rinse the azuki beans.
2. Place the beans in water and bring it to boil on medium heat. Simmer the beans on low heat so that the skin of beans does not break off.
3. Cover the pan and cook the beans for 20-25 minutes until the... - 89.9777
Natto P Man
To make natto p man you need green peppers, nira and natto. - 89.8927
Oriental Soba Noodle Salad
Hosting a party? Here's a great salad suggestion that is sure to impress all your guests. watch the chef demonstrate a step wise procedure to prepare this Oriental Soba Noodle Salad. The blend of ingredients bring out a great in the dish. missing this recipe... - 87.7618
Miso Stir-fry With Summer Vegetables
1. Cut the eggplants into bite-size pieces and put them into a bowl of water.
2. Drain the eggplant and place on the paper towel.
3. Cut the bell pepper into small pieces.
4. Season the pork and cut into 2 inch pieces.
5. Sprinkle salt... - 87.613
Easy Quick Cold Tofu
Tofu can be prepared in a range of ways. This video has a great way to make tofu as quickly as possible with the simplest of ingredients. - 86.8039
Tonkatsu is a very popular Japanese snack. This video teaches the simplest way of making the dish with the best ingredients. - 86.3436
1.Grate half of the carrot and slice the remaining carrot.
2.Take a pan and add the oil of the canned tuna and sesame oil.
3.Place the grated carrot into the heated oil and stir fry with the kitchen chopsticks.
4.Add small amount of... - 86.0142
Homemade Purple Sushi Rolls
Sushi is a Japanese delicacy. And, in this recipe Natalie comes out with a special version. A tasty delight loaded with purple, black, and brown rice it comes with goodness of vegetables. A tasty, yet healthy delight! - 84.7978
Vegetable Stir Fry With Pork
1. In a wok, heat oil and sauté pork for 5 minutes or until it changes color.
2. Remove the pork and set aside.
3. In the same wok, add ginger, cabbage and green onions, stir well to mix.
4. Add leeks and mix well.
5. Add beans sprout and toss the... - 77.9463
Corn Fried Rice
1. Using a sharp knife, shuck the corn and set aside.
2. Roughly chop the spring onion and welsh onion, set aside separately.
3. In a microwave proof bowl, place corn kennel and wrap with plastic film.
4. Microwave corn kennel for 3 minutes at... - 77.405
#1004 Pumpkin + Spinach Salad
Not sure what to do with the leftover bits of pumpkin and spinach in your refrigerator? Simple, toss them together to put up a simple, healthy, tasty salad. You can also add other veggies like daikon and avocado to notch up its flavor furthermore. A hearty... - 75.7867
Breaded Pork Cutlet
Want to make a nice yummy pork cutlet, which is authentic to the taste of Japan! Tonkatsu is the thing to attempt then! Watch this video how to make these crunchy, breaded tonkatsu. Though the video lacks audio instruction, the demo is nice and clear! - 57.6242
Shred cabbage finely.
Scrape turnips, carrots, radish and cucumber.
Remove pith and seeds of bell pepper.
Slice all vegetables including spring onions finely.
Place cabbage in a large bowl.
Cover with boiling hot water.
Mix in salt and set aside for 15... - 49.9001
Korokke (potato Croquette)
Korokke is a wonderful snack food. Many times our exchange students would make these-sometimes filled with kani (local Dungeness), or with left over meats.
Korokke is made by mixing cooked chopped meat, seafood, or vegetables with mashed potato or white... - 49.2974
Gingery Eggplants Japanese Way
This eggplant dish doesn’t require too many ingredients, just a few, mixed and put in the solar cooker to be made! Watch this video for more. - 48.8791
Japanese Mixed Salad
Japanese Mixed Salad recipe makes for a great side dish. The blend of ingredients used in the salad gives it a distinct taste. If you like this recipe of Japanese Mixed Salad, please share with friends and family and spread the taste. - 48.7308
Japanese Daikon Root And Cabbage Salad
Here's an amazing Japanese Daikon Root And Cabbage Salad recipe for you to try. This traditional Japanese delicacy makes a great side dish. The blend of ingredients imparts it a great flavor. Add this Japanese Daikon Root And Cabbage Salad to your next party... - 48.702
Oriental Style Tomato Salad
1) In a medium bowl, place the mushrooms.
2) Pour in boiling water to soak the mushrooms soak for 30 minutes, until softened.
3) Drain the mushroom and squeeze out the excess water.
4) Trim off the tough stems and cut the caps into 1/8-inch... - 47.9665
Asian Tomato, Broccoli And Buckwheat Noodle Salad
1) In a large portable bowl put steamed broccoli.
2) In another small bowl mix vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, green onions and sesame oil.
3) Transfer the mixture over the broccoli. Add tomatoes and red pepper flakes to make the salad spicy.
4) In... - 47.9656
Sukiyaki With Cabbage
Combine instant beef bouillon and water in 1-cup measure.
Preheat browning dish 5 MINUTES on HIGH.
Brown beef in oil 5 to 7 MINUTES on HIGH.
Stir after 3 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients to beef.
Pour bouillon over... - 47.8784
Tempura Udon With Soup
1)Cook the noodles in boiling water. Strain and keep aside.
2)Make slices of ladies finger, sweet potato, brinjal and capsicum.
3)In a bowl, mix together egg, sweet potato and water. Beat to make a fine paste.
4)In a small pan, heat... - 47.5526
Japanese Vegetable Salad With Toasted Sesame Seed Dressing
1. In a large salad serving bowl, combine all the prepared and cut salads, vegetables, and, seafood if using.
2. Cover the bowl with cling film and refrigerate until serving time or prepare the vegetables as close to the serving time to keep them... - 47.1559
1. Add shiitake mushrooms to hot water and allow to soak for 20 minutes.
2. Take a large platter and arrange spinach, beef slices, green onions, tofu, noodles, mushrooms and suet.
3. Take three small bowls, one each for mirin, soy sauce, stock or... - 46.4278
Hot Sukiyaki With Mushrooms
Cut meat into paper-thin slices across the grain, (freezing meat makes slicing easier), then into strips 1 inch wide.
Brown strips in hot oil in large fry pan 2 to 3 minutes.
Combine soy sauce, water, sugar and MSG.
Pour over meat.
Push meat to one side of... - 46.3747
Baked Spicy Tofu With Bean Thread Noodles Corn And Mango
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. In a small baking dish, whisk marinade ingredients.
3. Chop drained tofu into ½ inch cubes.
4. Add to marinade and using a spoon, turn gently for even coating. The tofu should be close to each other.... - 46.0434
This Carmel Bouillabaisse recipe is an easy-to-prepare side dish. An amazingly delicious non-vegetarian recipe, Carmel Bouillabaisse is a side dish that you would surely love to talk about with us! - 45.9809
Beef Teriyaki Stir Fry
Beef teriyaki stir fry is a spicy and savory beef stir fry made with sirloin strips. Marinated and cooked with vegetables with the flavors of teriyaki sauce and garlic, the beef teriyaki stir fry serves as an excellent side in meals. - 45.9695
Wash chicken, cut into serving pieces, and dry on paper towels.
Place in a large mixing bowl.
Combine soy sauce, ginger, honey, lemon juice, water, garlic and dry sherry (if desired) in a small bowl; mix together.
Pour over chicken pieces.
Cover bowl and... - 45.8889
Japanese has a fruitcake filled recipe. Japanese gets its taste from flour mixed with eggs flavored with spices and filled with fruit cake filling. Japanese is inspired by many restaurants across the world. - 45.7898
Shrimp In Plum Sauce
The day before the barbecue, shell the shrimp, leaving tails intact.
Remove spinal veins.
Combine ingredients for marinade.
Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
The day of the barbecue, make the plum sauce.
Drain the liquid from the plums and put... - 45.3374
1) Pour off the liquid from bamboo shoots and water chestnuts.
2) Thinly slice the bamboo shoots and chestnuts.
3) Trim the fat off from outer edge of sirloin and reserve the fat.
4) Cut the reserved fat in small dices.
5) Freeze sirloin until... - 45.3194
Partially freeze beef.
Slice beef very thinly across the grain.
Cube bean curd.
Drain canned bean sprouts.
Thinly slice fresh or canned water chestnuts.
Drain bamboo shoots.
Preheat a large skillet or wok; add oil.
Add beef slices; cook quickly, turning meat... - 45.0645
Sukiyaki With Shirataki Noodles
Arrange the steak pieces, shirataki noodles, spinach leaves, mushrooms, carrot, spring onions (scallions), bamboo shoot and bean curd cubes decoratively on a large serving platter.
Mix the dashi and sake together until they are well combined.
Set... - 44.9102
Butterfly Shrimp With Honey Sauce
Shell and devein shrimp, leaving tail "feathers" attached.
Butterfly shrimp by cutting each lengthwise along back down to tail, cutting as deep as possible without going through to other side; spread shrimp open so they lie flat.
In shallow bowl... - 44.8869
Sukiyaki With Bamboo Shoots
Arrange the steak, noodles, spinach, mushrooms, carrot, spring onions and bamboo shoot on a serving dish.
Pour the stock and sake or sherry into a small bowl.
Break an egg into each of four individual serving bowls and beat lightly with a fork.
Heat a chafing... - 44.5389
Sukiyaki With Mushrooms
Dissolve bouillon in hot water; stir in soy sauce and sugar.
Cut beef into 1/8 inch slices.
Heat oil in 12-inch skillet until hot.
Place half each of the celery, carrots, green onions, mushrooms and bamboo shoots in separate areas in skillet.
Pour... - 44.4825
Mushroom Enhanced Sukiyaki
Combine oil and meat in electric skillet, turn to 350 degrees and brown.
Mix sugar, soy sauce and stock and add to meat.
Push meat to one side of skillet and add onion, pepper and celery, and mushroom soup mix.
Cover and cook 4 minutes.
Add bamboo... - 44.4546
Japanese Eggplant And Chinese Long Beans With Ginger Soy Sauce
Trim the stems from the eggplants and slice them lengthwise in half.
Trim the ends of the green beans.
Heat a large saute pan over high heat.
Add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, then the eggplant and cook until brown and soft, about 5 minutes on each... - 44.2513
Put the beef strips in a bowl.
Combine all the marinade ingredients and pour over the meat.
Leave for 2 hours, basting occasionally.
Drain and reserve the marinade.
Heat the oil in a saucepan.
Add the meat and onion and fry for 10 minutes.
Add the remaining... - 44.2418
1. In 1/2 cup water simmer mushrooms for 2 minutes and drain, reserving the liquor.
2. Make fine slices of mushrooms, bamboo shoots and onion.
3. Chop shallots, leeks and celery and slice beans or spinach and bean curd.
4. Make wafer thin slices out of... - 44.2274
1. Insert the small blade of a pair of scissors under the shell of each raw shrimp. Starting at the head portion, cut down to, but not through, the last tail segment.
2. Peel the shrimp, leaving the tail segment intact. Cut off the lower half of the tails.... - 44.1959
Wash and dry shrimp and vegetables well.
Slice or cut vegetables into strips, if necessary.
Fill skillet half full with salad oil; heat to 360Â° to 365Â°.
To make batter combine flour, next 4 ingredients, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; beat just till moistened (a... - 44.0897
Sukiyaki With Shiitake
1. Soak mushrooms in warm water until soft (about 1 hour), keeping them submerged by covering with drop-lid, flat pan lid, or saucer. Drain. Discard stem and notch a decorative cross design on caps.
2. Lightly wipe both sides of kelp with a damp... - 44.0067
Partially freeze beef before slicing for best results.
Just before cooking, arrange sliced meat and vegetables neatly on a large platter or tray.
The ideal utensil to use for sukiyaki is (of course) a Chinese wok, but if you do not have one, use a large 12... - 43.9345
Prepare bean threads ahead by soaking 2 hours in cold water; drain.
Just before cooking time, arrange meat and vegetables attractively on large platter.
Have small containers of sugar, monosodium glutamate, soy sauce, and beef stock handy.
For "toss-stirring"... - 43.9237
Japanese Steamed Fish
Place the sesame seeds and the 1 teaspoon (5 mL) vegetable oil in a small glass bowl.
Brown 1 or 2 minutes at HIGH, stirring 3 times.
When the sesame seeds are golden brown, set aside.
Choose a microwave-safe dish large enough to contain all the... - 43.9071
Hummus Pinwheels With Raw Veggie Crudites
1. Soak garbanzo beans in 6 cups of water with baking soda overnight.
2. Cook the beans in soaked water, covered, for 45 minutes or until they can easily be pierced using a fork.
3. Drain and keep aside ¼ cup water.
4. In a bowl, mix... - 43.8804
Chilled Somen Noodles
1. Soak mushrooms in 3 1/2 cups warm water until soft (about 1 hour), keeping them submerged by covering with drop-lid, flat pan lid, or saucer. Reserve liquid.
2. Sprinkle chicken fillet with sake and salt. Preheat skillet over medium heat, add... - 43.8541
Satsuma Salad With Hot Cranberry Dressing
1. Rinse cranberries.
2. Chop the cabbage leaves into narrow strips, then slice in half so each strip is about 1- x 2-inches long (should yield about 2 cups).
3. In a large salad bowl, pile the cabbage leaves; scatter oranges, walnuts, and shallots on... - 43.8355
Kohaku Namasu is a delicious and unique Japanese salad that you can use to add an exotic element to your dinner spread. The Kohaku Namasu is not only visually appeasing but all delicious! Try it! - 43.7928
Japanese Side Dish Recipes By Category
Japanese Side Dish Course: