- » Japanese Holiday
Japanese Holiday Recipes
Enjoy our collection of japanese holiday recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for japanese holiday recipes.
Japanese Fruit Cream Anmitsu
Japanese Fruit Cream Anmitsu is a wonderful dessert specially for people who love fruits. The great blend of fruits and kuromitsu sauce is simply delicious. Watch the video now and serve this amazing dessert for your next get-together. - 144.501
Umeshu And Ume Syrup Oriental Style
Wondering what to do with all the plums in your pantry?? This video shows exactly what you can do with the fruit. Follow the step by step guide and learn how you can prepare Plum Wine and Plum Syrup that can be further put to several uses. - 144.301
Japanese Classic Melonpan
Looking for some great oriental confectionary delicacy? Here's the most sought after Japanese recipe of Classic Melonpan that you can easily replicate step by step from this video. Melonpan is a classic Japanese sweet enriched bread encased in thin layer of... - 141.445
Homemade Green Tea Ice Cream Oriental Style
Looking for a nice Japanese dessert? Here's an easy to make, egg less oriental style green tea ice cream recipe. The main ingredients used are milk and green tea, which really compliment each other in terms of flavor. Watch the video now and treat your family... - 139.779
Oriental Custard Pudding
Expecting guests at home and don't know what to serve for dessert? Look no further coz here's a great Oriental Custard Pudding recipe that is sure going to steal all the hearts away. Treat your guests to this dessert and bag a lot of compliments. - 127.155
Keith's Tempura Sushi Rolls
Why go out and buy expensive sushi when you can make it right at home? This video prepares a simple sushi dish from turkey and special seasoning. Sushi, a humble but beloved dish, when made to perfection gives an absolute awesome taste, just as you want it to... - 124.703
How To Make Japanese Cheesecake ( My Birthday Cake)
Yummy and soft cheesecake!! This video shows how to prepare Japanese style soft cheesecake. With a classic topping of fruits and nuts, they make a wonderful dessert. When served with fresh fruits or fruit sauce, it makes an amazing dessert which is loved by... - 121.122
Dragon Roll Sushi
The dragon roll is an outside thick roll that is wrapped with thinly sliced avocado. The green layers of the avocado resembles the scales of a dragon. This Dragon Roll consists of salmon, cucumber and avocado. This is a beautiful appetizer to serve during the... - 115.255
New Year Kohaku Namasu
This is one of the traditional Japanese New Year dish. This is different from the regular salads tasted. This is simply delicious and I’m sure your family will enjoy it too. - 113.14
Seafood In Pom Teriyaki Marinade
Here is an amazing video that shows an incredible recipe to make grilled calamari shrimps. The chef here nicely marinates the shrimps in a flavorful pomegranate teriyaki sauce. These grilled shrimps are perfect for any beach party or even a get-together. Try... - 112.531
Chicken Thighs In Pom Teriyaki
Are you looking out for a simple and delightful recipe with chicken thighs? Here is an amazing video that shows how the chicken thighs are flavored and cooked with a pomegranate teriyaki sauce. The video is very impressive and surely be a wonderful cooking... - 110.569
Chocolate Birthday Cake
What is a birthday without a little chocolaty treat? This video presents a deep confection topped with a fudgy chocolate frosting that is just ideal for special occasions like birthdays. Be it an 8th birthday or 88th one, treat your birthday boy/girl to this... - 106.249
Japanese Baked Cheesecake
Have you ever tried making a Japanese Cheesecake? It tastes so amazing and is not at all difficult to make. Watch the video for the recipe of this delicious Cheesecake. - 103.581
Hina Ningyo Sushi For Hinamatsuri
Are you having a Hinamatsuri (Japanese Girl’s Day) party? Then this recipe for Hina Ningyo Sushi (Imperial dolls made of rice) is something that will save you money and bring a smile on your guests’ faces. These hina dolls are so expensive at... - 102.647
Daniel Making Spam Musubi
You can now quickly create delectable mango dishes by following the chef chop the mango in a easy and fluid manner. This chopped ripe mango can be used for salad, desserts and many other great ways that mango lovers wants. With such fantastic ways, you can... - 93.5737
Hippy Gourmet Makes Veggie Sushi
Are you looking for a vegan variation for the traditional sushi? watch this video to get some great ideas of how you can prepare the delicacy with vegetables. This one is a must watch. - 93.4422
Ellen's Hot And Sour Soup
1. In a saucepan, pour 2 cups of the chicken broth and bring it to boil.
2. Add the shiitake mush-rooms and remove from the heat.
3. Let it soak in broth for 1 hour.
4. After 1 hour, spoon out shiitake mushrooms and strain the liquid through a... - 50.5649
Fish In Coconut Mushroom Sauce
1. Soak mushrooms according to package directions until softened.
2. Drain the soaked mushrooms and reserve liquid; remove 8 mushrooms and keep aside for garnish.
3. Thinly slice remaining mushrooms and keep aside.
4. In a saucepan, put... - 50.4003
Japanese Beef Teriyaki With Sticky Rice
1. In a shallow dish or bowl, put together all the marinade ingredients and mix well.
2. Add in the steaks and rub with the marinade.
3. Let the steaks marinate at room temperature for 1-2 hours or refrigerate overnight; occasionally turn the... - 49.9218
Looking for a party food that is easy to make and filling? Whether it is a dressing up or a dressing down party, prawn teriyaki would be a great choice. With this prawn recipe, you can place the seafood on a skewer with pineapples, bell peppers, and onions to... - 49.0005
Teriyaki Pork And Rice Bowls
1.Cut away visible fat from meat.
2.Make thin slices of the pork.
3.In a small saucepan, add the onions and heat, put in soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, garlic, ginger and teriyaki sauce.
4.Coat grill with cooking spray and preheat for 5... - 47.8768
Japanese Fruit Cake
Chop pecans, cherries, pineapple and candied orange peel.
Combine half the pecans, cherries, pineapple and candied orange peel.
Mix remaining pecans, spices, dates and raisins together.
Cream butter and 2 cups sugar.
Sift flour and baking powder together; add... - 47.5404
Easy Lacy Shrimp Tempura
1. Prepare the shrimps first; shell them leaving the tails on.
2. Lengthwise cut the back, remove vein and flatten to look like a butterfly.
3. Lightly slash underside diagonally to prevent curling.
4. Dredge the shrimps in 3/4 cup of flour.
5.... - 47.4917
Marinated Pork Tenderloin
1. In a glass or stainless-steel mixing bowl, prepare marinade by blending teriyaki sauce, corn syrup, lemon juice, sherry, vinegar, garlic, and gingerroot.
2. Add pork and coat well with marinade.
3. Cover the bowl and let it sit in the... - 47.414
Hot And Sour Prawns In Seaweed Nests
1. Pre-heat the grill. Peel the prawns, leave the tails intact.
2. Cut the chilli in half, and chop finely, discarding the seeds. Crush the garlic. Put both in a shallow non-metallic dish and add the lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, coriander... - 47.3116
Teriyaki Salmon Parcels
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees centigrade.
2. Finely chop the garlic and ginger. In a small frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil, add half the garlic and half the ginger and fry for 1 minute until softened. Add the honey, sherry and half... - 47.2805
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Rub salt, pepper and a little lemon juice over chicken.
3. In a bowl, mix together breadcrumbs, minced meat, egg, almonds and stoned cherries for stuffing.
4. Stuff chicken with crumb mixture.
5.... - 47.0133
Steamed Seafood Dumplings
1.In a food processor, add in shrimp, egg white, scallops, 1/2 teaspoon soya sauce, garlic, gingerroot and process for about 1 minute until they are chopped well.
2.Transfer into a mixing bowl and add in water chestnuts and mix well.
3.Take a 4-quart... - 46.1768
1) Into a medium bowl, add in the soy sauce, vinegar, oil, red pepper flakes, ginger and garlic paste and salt
2) Microware the mixture for 30 seconds
3) Take out from the microwave and ensure the sugar is dissolved
4) Add in the mushrooms and green... - 44.7785
1.Cut away excess fat from steak.
2. Take a glass bowl and place steak in it.
3. In a small bowl, mix together oil, soysauce, honey, green onion, vinegar, garlic and ginger.
4. Pour the mixture over the steaks.
5.Cover and let marinate for 2 to 12... - 44.4673
A light and fluffy cheesecake made with whipped eggs and very little cream cheese. - 44.4617
Japanese Shrimp And Egg Salad
1. Cook and drain the rice
2. Add the chopped onions, French dressing, shrimps, and 2 diced eggs and mix well
3. Set aside to chill
4. In a large bowl, place the greens and sprinkle the pickles on top of the bowl
5. Grate the whites and the yolks of... - 43.7947
Teriyaki Roll Ups
1) Take a mixing bowl and combine together garlic, Worcestershire sauce, onion, sugar, soy sauce, salt and ginger in it.
2) Add the meat strips and coat evenly.
3) Marinate the mixture for about 30 minutes, stirring constantly.
4) Drain the strips on a... - 43.6911
Teriyaki Chicken Wings
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Cut the chicken wings in halves, arrange the wings in a plastic sealable bags.
3) In a bowl, mix together soy sauce, wine, sugar, ginger and garlic.
4) Pour the marinade in the plastic bag, and seal.
5) Shake... - 41.65
Japanese Chicken Wings
Chicken wings are egged and fried in butter, then baked in a tangy sauce of soy sauce, water, sugar, vinegar, garlic powder and salt. Delicious, sticky chicken wings. - 41.1336
Shrimp Soba Noodles
I love this Shrimp Soba Noodles recipe .Cooking is my hobby which I have primarily learn't from my mother. Normally for lunch during holidays, I cook this noodle and enjoy it with my mother. You must try this Shrimp Soba Noodles recipe. - 40.6259
A Japanese-style meal. Deep-fried shrimp and a tangy sauce to dip them in. Try battering some vegetables such as onions, peppers, or broccoli in addition to the shrimp. Delicious. - 40.5822
Red Stewed Beef
1) In slow cooker, place pot roast.
2) Stir in the soy sauce, sherry, ginger, scallions, garlic, sugar, anise seeds and water.
3) Put the lid on and simmer for 10 hours.
4) Remove the meat from the cooker.
5) Slice the meat and place on the serving... - 40.3677
1. Wash tomatoes, cut a slice off the top, scoop out pulp and drain shells.
2. In a an put in the tomato pulp and butter and put over a fire.
3. When hot add fully boiled rice. Add pepper and salt.
4. Add grated cheese.
5. Remove from fire and fill prepared... - 40.2739
1. Wipe steak with damp paper towels. Trim off any excess fat. Cut steak in half lengthwise. Slice across the grain in very thin slices, no more than 1/4 inch thick.
2. In small bowl, mix well rest of ingredients, except water chestnuts and Scallion Flowers,... - 39.0723
1.Cut steak against the grain diagonally into slices of 1/4 inch.
2.Place steak in freezer for 1 hour prior to cutting to make it easier to cut.
3.Mix the Teriyaki sauce and the seasonings.
4.In the marinade, marinate steak for 60 minutes.
5.On bamboo... - 37.8917
1. Into a shaker, half fill with broken ice and add Gin.
2. Add Italian Vermouth and Creme de Menthe; stir well.
3. Into a cocktail glass, strain the drink.
4. Garnish with an olive and top with a dash of lemon peel juice. - 37.2164
1. In a saucepan, mix all ingredients together.
2. Boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes until sauce thickens.
3. Stir constantly until done.
4. Serve as a sauce. - 36.927
An incredible Asian stir fry. One of my personal favorites. - 36.575
1. Cut chicken into strips about Â¾ inch (2 cm) wide, add to marinade, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
2. Heat the microwave browning skillet at High for 5 minutes or as per the manufacturer's directions.
3. In... - 36.3945
Japanese buckwheat flour noodles with chicken at their best! - 35.4722
Japanese style dinner 'pancake' integrating cabbage and meat for a delicious meal. - 35.1677
One of the most popular Japanese dishes. The tasty ginger and rice wine marinade can be used for meat or fish. This recipe can also be made on the grill using the marinade as a basting sauce. - 34.4252
Teriyaki Beef With Noodles
Weeknight rush? Here's beef, veggies and noodles you can have on the table in only 20 minutes! - 32.6825
Chicken Katsu is japanese style fried chicken. Can also be used to make Tonkatsu, just use pork cutlets instead of chicken. Serve with white rice and tonkatsu sauce. - 32.0168
Dashi is a basic stock used in Japanese cooking which is made by boiling dried kelp (seaweed) and dried bonito (fish). - 31.6993
Japanese Sushi Rice
Japanese sushi rice is the best tasting kind of rice. Plus it's very usefull because it's so sticky. I use white or brown rice. - 31.3628
This is an orange twist to a traditional Japanese Ponzu Sauce. This sauce works great with most white fish sashimi and also adds a refreshing twist to tempura items. - 29.0592
Ginger Teriyaki Chicken
Cut chicken into cubes and marinade with teriyaki sauce and black pepper powder. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
Heat olive oil in a skillet. Add the chicken with the marinade. Cover with lid until chicken gets thoroughly cooked (approx 5-8 minutes).
Remove lid... - 27.5508
Place chicken thighs in a dish, add marinade and baste.
Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours, basting occasionally.
Lift out chicken, drain and place on the grid over medium hot coals.
Cook for 20-25 minutes, until tender, turning often and basting with the... - 24.7146
Japanese Holiday Recipes By Category
Japanese Holiday Occasion: