- » Japanese Herb
Japanese Herb Recipes
Enjoy our collection of japanese herb recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for japanese herb recipes.
Classic Japanese Seven Herb Rice Porridge
After the rich indulgence of the holiday season one find one’s self craving simpler fair. This is probably why the Japanese follow the tradition of eating nanakusa-gayu (seven-herb rice soup), on January 7th , of each year. The soup is a variation of a... - 105.348
Shrimp With Herb Sauce
1) Divide the shrimps equally over 6 lettuce beds. Cover with a wrap or waxed paper and place in the refrigerator.
2) In a bowl, mix rest of the ingredients together and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3) Spoon the herb-mayonnaise sauce over the chilled... - 35.6118
Grilled Japanese Eggplant
Slice the eggplants in half lengthwise.
Make 4 to 5 slits crossways in the cut side.
Salt the eggplant flesh and stand the halves in a colander to drain for 30 minutes.
Rinse the halves, squeeze out the moisture, and pat them dry.
Brush the oil well into the... - 33.2551
Japanese Flank Steak
Remove membrane, gristle and fat from steak.
Cut steak into diagonal strips 1 inch wide.
Arrange in shallow dish.
Combine remaining ingredients.
Pour mixture over steak and cover.
Chill 24 hours.
Turn meat occasionally, so that all sides come in contact with... - 41.641
How To Make A Japanese Sushi Dinner For Two
Who doesn't love sushi? Chef Bhal Dave teaches you to roll the perfect sushi at home using the traditional ingredients like rice, fish and more. Simple and lucid, this recipe will helps you pull off a perfect Japanese meal for your foodie friends and family. - 69.3411
Cook turnips as directed above; drain well.
Add butter, snipped parsley, chopped onion, and lemon juice.
Toss to coat.
Season with salt and pepper - 25.7255
Dashi With Chicken Balls
Simmer mushroom slivers in mushroom soaking water, soy, sake and sugar 10 minutes.
Bring dashi to boil and adjust seasonings to taste with salt and soy.
In each of 7 bowls place 3 mushroom slivers, 3 Chicken Balls and 3 pieces of age.
Ladle hot dashi over and... - 31.8315
This Carmel Bouillabaisse recipe is an easy-to-prepare side dish. An amazingly delicious non-vegetarian recipe, Carmel Bouillabaisse is a side dish that you would surely love to talk about with us! - 45.9809
Celery And Ginger Salad
Chop the celery finely and place in a salad bowl with mixed nuts and preserved ginger.
Combine ginger syrup with dressing and mayonnaise in a bowl and mix well, then spoon over the salad, toss and chill.
Arrange lettuce leaves on a serving plate, add salad,... - 34.2833
Teriyaki Steak With Fennel Slaw
1. Combining the soy, vinegar and honey.
2. Add the steaks to the marinade and turn to coat.
3. Marinate for 10-15 minutes.
4. Toss together the carrot, fennel, onion and coriander and chill until serving.
5. In a griddle sear the... - 45.8763
Herring In Dill Sauce
1.Wash herring and dry it by placing on paper towel.
2.Take a small bowl, put oil and mustard in it and blend smooth until consistent like mayonnaise.
3.Slowly add vinegar.
4.Put lemon juice, dill, pepper, salt, sugar and all spice in... - 42.3003
Cover and refrigerate until serving. - 16.4677
Rinse the wakame briefly under running water and soak in 1 cup water for 15 minutes.
Heat a large saucepan.
Add the oil and onions and saute 5 minutes.
Add the rest of the water and bring to a boil.
Simmer 20 minutes.
Cut the soaked wakame in 1/2" pieces and... - 37.0536
#130 Shiso Tempuras
Tempuras are quintessential Japanese snacks that make for yummy hors d'oeuvres. In this video, Sarah tells you how to make crispy shiso tempuras that aren't just palatable, but also quick and easy to make. Go ahead and fry some tantalizing shiso tempuras and... - 65.6781
Nana Kusa Gayu
On the 7th of January some people in Japan eat 七草粥 (nana kusa gayu).
According to the back of this packet, this tradition has been around since the Kamakura-period. The idea is that because everyone eats and drinks a lot over the New Year – it’s... - 107.287
Sashimi Platter Supreme
1. Make cucumber cup now or wasabi horseradish cone just before serving, keeping in mind that powdered wasabi horseradish needs 10 minutes to mature.
2. Prepare GARNISHES. Peel daikon and shred. Peel, seed, and shred remaining cucumber. Shredded vegetables... - 40.39
Do It Yourself Sushi
To make sushi rice
1. Wash rice as you would plain rice. Drain, cover with cheesecloth, and let stand in a colander for 1 hour. (Soak dry rice that has been on the shelf a while for 30 minutes and drain for 30 minutes, if desired.) While rice is draining,... - 42.6948
Vinaigrette Herb Dressing
1) In a food processor bowl with a metal blade, process the garlic until finely minced.
2) With the machine running, pour in oil, vinegar, thyme, marjoram, sugar and salt and process until well blended.
3) Allow to stand in a covered container for 30... - 34.7161
Steamed Shell Fish With Herbs
1) In a small serving bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the ginger-soy sauce. Put aside.
2) For each serving, in one layer of a multilayered steamer,place an assortment of shellfish.
3) Season each type of shellfish with a different... - 45.6295
Tuna Tartare And Herb Salad
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Assemble the mise en place trays.
2. To make the vinaigrette, grate the ginger. Wrap the grated ginger in a square of cheesecloth, hold it over a small bowl, and twist the cheesecloth tightly to extract the ginger juice.... - 43.2475
Crab Cakes With Herb Salad
FOR VINAIGRETTE: Whisk oil, lemon juice, dill, tarragon, cilantro, green onion, and mustard in small bowl.
Season with salt and pepper, do ahead can be made 1 day ahead.
Cover and chill.
For crab cakes: Line baking sheet with waxed paper.
Whisk first 10... - 44.076
Herb Crusted Pork Tender Loin With Mustard Glaze
Want to try a brilliant pork dish today? Watch Chef Tse prepare this yummy Herb Crusted Pork Tender Loin with Mustard Glaze now. This dish is totally irresistible and you would want to make it often. - 122.2
Wash and shred cabbage, chop pepper, onion and celery, and grate the carrot.
Saute the diced mixed, cooked vegetables in the oil, then add carrot, mushrooms, cabbage, pepper, onion and celery.
Turn about well, cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
Add... - 33.135
Saute cooked vegetables in oil.
Add cabbage, pepper, seal-lions, mushrooms, carrots and celery.
Cover with tight lid.
Cook gently for 10 minutes.
Add spinach, cover again and cook 2 minutes longer.
Remove from heat.
Add honey, sprouts and essence of sweet... - 38.7255
Flank Steak Teriyaki With Savory Rice
In large shallow glass baking dish, thoroughly combine oil, wine, teriyaki sauce, 1 cup roasted peppers, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon garlic and crushed red pepper.
Add steak and turn to coat.
Cover and marinate in refrigerator, turning occasionally, at least 4... - 43.4659
Grilled Vegetable Salad With Mozzarella
1 In a small bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic, thyme, marjoram, salt, and black pepper.
Usinga pastry brush, coat the eggplants, yellow squash, zucchini, and red pepper with some of the mixture.
2 On a grill set 4 inches from glowing coals, cook the... - 37.425
1) Preheat oven to the desired temperature of 375°.
2) Allow chicken stock to a boil.
3) In a heavy casserole,stir in butter until melted over moderate-high heat. 4) Now add the shallot and cook until soft and translucent for about 3... - 38.0324
Dilled Green Rice
1) In a large pot,cook rice in lightly salted boiling water until just cooked through and fluffy.
2) Check the taste after 10 minutes and ensure that it is not overcooked.
3) Drain the rice.
4)To serve the rice immediately, put it in a dish and add... - 34.5805
1. Prepare a medium-high-heat grill.
2. Brush eggplant with olive oil.
3. Mix thyme and chives in a shallow plate. Brush sides of goat cheese lightly with walnut oil; roll in herbs, coating the rounded sides. Cut cheese into 12 slices. Set cheese slices on a... - 39.529
Ratatouille & Chicken Over Romaine
Place eggplant in a colander with 1 teaspoon salt.
Let stand 30 minutes.
Rinse with cold water and dry on paper toweling.
Heat oil in large frying pan over medium high heat.
Add chicken; saute 10 minutes.
Remove to 1 quart casserole dish.
Add vegetables,... - 44.8639
Perfect Grilled Pork Chops
Here is a flavorful pork dish that really stands out. This pork dish is so yum that is likely to become a favorite with all. Chef Keith Snow shows how to prepare this succulent treat at home in flat one hour. A must-have dish for all pork lovers! - 97.7558
The Cluck Cluck Eggplant Sandwich
The best dishes are those made out of instinct, experience and off course, tons of love! Aeri’s sister-in-law shares a recipe which she made up instinctively with the ingredients on hand to produce a really unique but delicious sandwich with chicken,... - 98.5145
Halibut With Walnut Crust
Roasted halibut with walnut crust makes for a fresh addition to your brunch or dinner table. Chef Hermann shares with us an easy to make, healthy, tasty fish recipe and the walnut crust just adds to its texture and taste. Next time you are craving for some... - 73.7952
Grilled Vegetables, Exotic Style
I would describe my Grilled Vegetables, Exotic Style recipe in one word-wonderful! Such a mix of flavors and aroma's in this Grilled Vegetables, Exotic Style. Enough to take you to another world! - 34.266
Pasta With Grilled Baby Vegetables
Remove the broiler tray and spray it lightly with nonstick coating.
Set it aside while you preheat the broiler.
In a large mixing bowl, stir together the olive oil, lemon juice, and herbs.
Add the vegetables and toss thoroughly to coat them.
Leave the... - 45.7162
Crispy Fried Eggplant And Mozzarella Finger Sandwiches
Preheat the oven to 425° F.
For the sandwiches:
On a baking sheet, lightly brush the eggplant slices with olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
Bake for 15 minutes, until golden brown.
For the herb spread: In a food processor, combine the... - 45.4518
All those who are fond of eating meatballs should really try this recipe. The meatballs will definitely shine at dinner time. The chef shares the secret of using Worcestershire sauce. It certainly gives a flavour boost to the meatballs. You can serve the... - 118.553
Japanese Herb Recipes By Category
Japanese Herb Ingredient: