- » Japanese Fish
Japanese Fish Recipes
Japanese fish dishes are delicious with its origin in Japan and famous all over the globe. Japanese fish recipes are many in number and include appetizers, side dishes, breakfast dishes, snacks and main dishes. ... More »
Take a look at Chef David Banks as he cuts fresh rockfish and serves it raw as sashimi. The video is outstanding and the chef shares great slicing skills to make a perfect sashimi. So if you like to eat your rockfish raw and spicy, them make this delicious... - 149.868
Oriental Futomaki Sushi & California Roll
Looking for a n authentic Sushi recipe that you can try at home? This Japanese delicacy consists of two kinds of sushi rolls. The Futomaki Sushi rolls have the traditional Japanese flavor and California Rolls have more of a fusion taste. Together they make a... - 149.178
Hitsumabushi With Frozen Roasted Unagi
Looking for a great Japanese main dish?? This Japanese delicacy is worth a try. The mouth watering taste of rice with roasted fresh water eel is sure to cast a spell on you. Surprise your family with this traditional Japanese recipe. - 146.538
Grilled Yellow Tail Teriyaki & Pickled Turnip
Here's a video that shows a step by step procedure to prepare this Grilled Yellow Tail Teriyaki and Pickled Turnip. This dish is not only delicious but also visually appealing. Treat your family to this Japanese fish delicacy today by learning it directly... - 143.895
Traditional Tai Chazuke
If fish is a regular feature in your menu then this video is a must watch for you. Watch the chef prepare the Traditional Tai Chazuke which is a Japanese delicacy. Treat your family to this sumptuous dish and grab some compliments. - 143.818
Japanese Kimchi Nabe
The cold wintry months are here and your feet and toes aren`t happy. Your stomach keeps screaming every hour. It the best time for a hot and spicy soup. Watch this video to learn how to make Japanese-Korean nabe. This hotpot is perfect for a family dinner or... - 132.286
Taiyaki - Fish Bread
Taiyaki is a Korean fish shaped bread with a fabulous taste.Taiyaki is a popular street food in Japan and Korea. Join James in his kitchen and see how to cook Taiyaki. - 128.307
Tuna Salmon Sushi Roll
These sushi rolls look and taste amazing. Use very fresh raw tuna and salmon. These are just like California Rolls with crab meat, avocado and cucumber but topped with tuna and salmon that make the sushi look very pretty. These are perfect for a party... - 123.134
Poached Ivory King Salmon
Why not prepare some poached ivory king salmon to make these holidays more enjoyable. Take a look at this impressive video that shares this excellent recipe with great tips and cooking techniques. The salmon here is wonderfully poached in a dashi broth with... - 121.625
Hippy Gourmet Sustainable Vancouver Tour With Chef Tojo
Tojo is an award winning restaurant In Vancouver and if you have ever heard of this restaurant or ever been there, you would sure want to know a lot about its dishes. Chef Gourmet is in Vancouver and he gets master chef Tojo to show us their sable Fish... - 113.03
Orange Sesame Salmon - Part 3: Finishing
If you are looking for some easy and light dinner recipes, here is one meant for you. Try this orange sesame salmon recipe which is shown in the video. The sauce which tops the fish is delicious and so flavorful that it adds a zing to the dish. Watch the... - 105.143
Orange Sesame Salmon- Part 2: Cooking
Orange Sesame Salmon is a fish recipe for all seasons. Flavored with spices and herbs, this saucy succulent fish is just not to be missed. See how the chef grills the fish and serves it after garnishing making it even more delectable. - 104.243
Tuna Pocket Sandwich
Here is a low fat sandwich that your kids will devour. Tuna pocket sandwich is attractively shaped like a pie and can be served as a lunch as well as a side dish. Tuna is a healthy meat option and this sandwich is a protein rich sandwich with some equally... - 92.7176
Fond of Oriental food? This video will certainly come handy. Watch it to learn a simple and delicious Oriental Okonomiyaki recipe. These pancakes make a great snack. Missing this recipe would be a sin. - 89.3092
This video is in Japanese - 84.8009
Pacfic Saury Fried Rice
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. Using paper towel, dry the fish.
3. Sprinkle half the quantity of salt and pepper over the fish and rub evenly, leave aside for 10 minutes.
4. In a small bowl put the egg and beat well using fork.
5. In an... - 82.9626
Citrus Panko Tilapia
Have a light meal with a fried fish and a salad to go with! This video has an awesome recipe being shared, the audio is completely missing in this video so making it a tad difficult for the user to understand! However the entire recipe is shared beneath the... - 81.1543
Tarako Fish And Cream Spaghetti
Want an interesting spaghetti recipe? Then you must watch this video. Watch now to know more about how to pleasantly surprise your guests with a tasty treat! This recipe is easy yet amazingly impressive! - 80.3738
Japan's New Year celebrations are incomplete without kobu-maki, a traditional favorite prepared using kelp. Not just nutritionally high, this dish also packs in large doses of taste and good lucks too that makes this dish all the more desirable. Why wait for... - 58.3426
Pan Seared Tuna Steaks
Seared tuna with some toasted sesame seeds is a gourmet meal! To plate this in your house, watch every step in this video to create this miracle dish! No hassles at all, every step is clear and crisp! - 57.0311
This recipe video is in Japanese, Please watch the to learn the recipe. - 53.6618
Fish In Coconut Mushroom Sauce
1. Soak mushrooms according to package directions until softened.
2. Drain the soaked mushrooms and reserve liquid; remove 8 mushrooms and keep aside for garnish.
3. Thinly slice remaining mushrooms and keep aside.
4. In a saucepan, put... - 47.5848
Fish And Vegetable Soup
1) Wash the mushrooms and soak in the warm water for 20 minutes.
2) Cut the fish in narrow slices.
3) Drain the mushrooms, reserving the water. Slice the mushrooms.
4) In a saucepan, bring the dashi or the broth, clam juice and the... - 46.3559
Fish Ball Soup
1) Grind together the sole, shrimp and scallions.
2) Add salt, pepper, ginger, cornstarch and oil, to the fish mixture.
3) Shape the mixture into walnut size balls.
4) In a saucepan, bring dashi or the broth and clam juice to a boil.
5)... - 46.1304
Japanese Yellow Tail Teriyaki
1) In a bowl, add the marinade ingredients, blend well.
2) In a flat dish, marinate the fillets for about 30 min, lightly dust with the flour, reserve the marinade.
3) In a frying pan with heated ... - 45.8404
Japanese Steamed Fish
1. In a small glass bowl, place the sesame seeds and the 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil.
2. Place the bowl in the microwave and cook on High for 1 or 2 minutes, stirring 3 times.
3. Stop cooking when the sesame seeds are golden brown, and keep... - 45.8318
Easy Fish And Onions
1) Cut the fish in 1/2-inch squares.
2) In a bowl, make a mixture of soy sauce and ginger, soak the fish in it for 15 minutes.
3) Drain the fish, reserving the marinade.
4) Roll the fish in cornstarch.
5) In a skillet, heat oil and brow... - 45.5685
1. Prepare seafood first.
Shrimp: Shell and devein, but leave tail and shell segment closest to tail intact. Diagonally cut off a portion of tail and force out moisture with edge of knife. Make 4 or 5 deep crosswise cuts in belly and gently... - 45.3932
The California roll is a kind of maki sushi that has been made to suit the Western palate. To learn more about the maki sushi and other kinds of sushi, you can also read about the different sushi types. It contains a mix of mildly flavored ingredients such as... - 45.1041
Teriyaki Salmon Parcels
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees centigrade.
2. Finely chop the garlic and ginger. In a small frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil, add half the garlic and half the ginger and fry for 1 minute until softened. Add the honey, sherry and half... - 45.0782
Teriyaki Tuna With Roast Garlic Noodles
Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas mark 5.
In a shallow dish, combine the soy sauce, mirin or dry sherry, sugar and ginger.
Finely chop the 2 garlic cloves and add to the dish.
Add the tuna and cover.
Refrigerate for 2 hours, turning from time to time.
Cut... - 44.7116
Snappers With Shrimp Sauce
In a blender, puree shrimp with juice.
In a large heat resistant measuring cup melt butter about 30 seconds.
Blend in milk, heavy cream, brandy, flour, salt, pepper, and cayenne.
Cook until thickened, stirring at 1-minute intervals, for about 4... - 44.6266
Noodles With Japanese Fish Cake
1. Cut fish cake, carrot, and leek into thin juliennes. Keep separately.
2. Snap the tips of the snow peas.
3. Shred the Bok Choy finely after discarding the wilted leaves.
4. To make the dipping sauce in a small saucepan, combine the... - 44.5542
Mixed Sushi Bowl
1. Prepare SUSHI RICE.
2. For specific amounts used in preparing all items (except nori seaweed) in this step. Mushrooms and gourd ribbons: Wash and soak mushrooms in 2 1/2 cups warm water until soft (about 1 hour), keeping them submerged by covering with... - 44.4773
Japanese shabu Shabu
1. Prepare a total of 8 1/2 cups bonito stock.
2. Blanch 4 whole cabbage leaves in boiling water until soft, then cool in cold water. Drain. Pare down thick veins so cabbage can be rolled. Blanch spinach in same manner as cabbage. Squeeze out... - 44.2431
Tuna Nori Rolls
Add rice to large pan of boiling water; boil, uncovered, until just tender.
Drain, stand rice 5 minutes; stir in combined vinegar, sugar and salt.
Place one sheet of nori, rough-side up, on damp bamboo sushi mat.
Dip fingers in water and spread... - 44.0827
Herring In Dill Sauce
1.Wash herring and dry it by placing on paper towel.
2.Take a small bowl, put oil and mustard in it and blend smooth until consistent like mayonnaise.
3.Slowly add vinegar.
4.Put lemon juice, dill, pepper, salt, sugar and all spice in... - 43.9979
Baked Sea Bass
1) Preheat the grill.
2) In a shallow dish, place a large piece of thick foil and grease it or lay a parchment paper over the foil
3) Place fish in the center of dish
and open the cavities.
4) Fill the fish cavities with a mixture of... - 43.9852
Steamed Fish And Vegetables
1) In a saucepan, combine the clam juice, sake or sherry, ginger, soy sauce, sugar, salt, and Ac'cent.
2) Bring to a boil and add celery, scallions and cauliflower.
3) Cover and simmer for 8 minutes.
4) Remove the vegetable, keep warm... - 43.3683
Baked Flounder Teriyaki
1) Take a rectangular pan around 13x9x2 inches and spray it with the cooking spray.
2) Keep the fish fillets in a pan.
3) Mix the remaining ingredients and spread over the fish.
4) Cover the pan with aluminum foil and keep in the refrigerator... - 43.0625
1) Take a shallow mixing bowl of stainless-steel or glass and mix the teriyaki sauce, 2 teaspoons of water, gingerroot and vinegar thoroughly.
2) Place in the refrigerator with the cover on for 20 minutes or let it remain overnight.
3) Pre-heat... - 42.6081
In large saucepan, cook onion in vegetable shortening until tender.
Stir in flour and seasonings.
Add the 1/4 cup milk and stir until sauce thickens and bubbles.
Stir in tuna, parsley, and egg.
Roll out Cheese Biscuit Dough on lightly floured surface to 12x7... - 42.5116
Japanese Steamed Fish
Place the sesame seeds and the 1 teaspoon (5 mL) vegetable oil in a small glass bowl.
Brown 1 or 2 minutes at HIGH, stirring 3 times.
When the sesame seeds are golden brown, set aside.
Choose a microwave-safe dish large enough to contain all the... - 42.2903
Prepare Tempura Sauce; set aside.
If serving shrimp, butterfly shrimp.
Pat seafood dry with paper towels; set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder.
Gradually stir in water; batter will be lumpy.
In a wok, deep-fat fryer or heavy... - 42.13
1) Slice fish into serving size pieces and season with salt and pepper.
2) Mix together the ingredients for batter quickly, being careful not to work the batter too hard.
3) Coat fish evenly with flour and then dip into batter, draining... - 41.8872
Thaw fish and scallops, if frozen.
Prepare the sauces; set aside.
Cut broccoli into bite-size pieces.
Cut beans into 2-inch lengths.
Slice sweet potato 1/2 inch thick.
Cut onion into slices and separate into rings.
Halve large mushrooms and scallops.
Cut fish... - 41.6652
Tofu Stuffed Fish
In a skillet, melt butter.
Fry garlic, mushrooms and onion.
Add tofu and parsley.
Cook 2-3 minutes.
Fold in bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
Cover each fillet with around 2 tbsp (30 mL) stuffing.
Secure with toothpicks.
Place fish in a... - 41.5439
Sardine Dumpling Soup
1) Dice the fillets into small pieces on a cutting board.
2) Grind the pieces into a paste in a food processor, season well, shape fillet mixture into small dumplings.
3) Add the dumplings to heated dashi broth, on boiling add all the remaining... - 41.4854
Smoked Fish And Rice Appetizer
1) In a saucepan, put the rice and water, cover and bring to boil.
2) Simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender and dry.
3) Cut the salmon in half lengthwise.
4) In a bowl, stir in soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and salt.
5) Pat the rice... - 40.3728
Fish In Sweet And Sour Sauce
Wash fish thoroughly; pat dry.
Sprinkle with lemon juice and soy sauce.
Cut into 1 1/2-inch-wide strips.
Set aside for 15 minutes and let marinate.
Season to taste with salt and roll in cornstarch.
To prepare sauce, bring vinegar, water, sugar, soy sauce, and... - 40.2969
Sprinkle the mackerel fillets with salt and put into the refrigerator to chill for 1 hour.
Remove from the refrigerator and soak in the vinegar for a further 1 hour.
Meanwhile, put the rice into a saucepan and cover with the water.
Bring to the boil, reduce... - 40.2244
Thin Roll Sushi
1. Prepare SUSHI RICE.
2. Gourd ribbons: Cut into 7-inch (18-cm) lengths. Rinse gourd ribbons and scrub with salt. Rinse. Soak in cold water until soft (about 30 minutes). Combine with soy sauce, sugar, mirin, and 2 cups water, and simmer with a drop-lid... - 40.0678
Cod Fillets In Shrimp Sauce
Sprinkle cod fillets with lemon juice.
Let stand for 10 minutes.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Heat butter in large skillet.
Add fish; brown well for about 10 minutes on each side.
Add sliced onion; cook until golden.
Stir in chopped parsley.
Pour in... - 39.8056
Have fishmonger scale and clean out the insides of the fish, but leave fish whole.
At home wash fish thoroughly under running water, pat dry, and rub with lemon juice.
With sharp knife make shallow incisions in backs of both fish; rub with salt and... - 39.7788
Sprinkle the mackerel fillets with salt and put into the refrigerator to chill for 1 hour.
Remove from the refrigerator and soak in the vinegar for a further 1 hour.
Cook the rice, following the instructions given in gohan.
Transfer the drained rice to a warm... - 39.5587
Shallow Fried Fish Tempura With Two Sauces
1. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, red pepper flakes, and 1/8 teaspoon of the black pepper. Set the ginger-soy sauce aside.
2. In another small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, pickle relish, and 1/4 teaspoon of the... - 39.5422
Teriyaki Fish Fillets
Measure 2 tablespoons juice from pineapple can; mix with garlic, slivered ginger, onion, 3 teaspoons teriyaki sauce and the vinegar.
Arrange fish in shallow dish.
Pour marinade over fish.
Refrigerate 10 minutes.
Drain fish; reserve marinade.
Arrange fish on... - 39.4592
Teriyaki Baby Back Ribs
Trim the ribs of any excess fat, then place them in a shallow baking pan.
Blend the seasonings together, sprinkle over ribs, pour the water in along the side of the pan.
Cover and bake in a preheated 350°F (180°C) oven for 1 1/4 hours.
Remove the ribs,... - 38.4366
Marinated Spicy Fresh Water Smelts
1) Prepare the smelts, rinse well and pat dry; season with salt and pepper, dust lightly with the flour.
2) In a suitable skillet, deep- fry the the fish in 3 inches of vegetable oil at 340 Deg F until golden... - 38.3921
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Place the fish steaks in a deep dish.
3) In a small bowl, mix together wine, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, oregano and pepper.
4) Pour the dressing over the steaks to coat well.
5) Cover the dish and allow the... - 38.3242
Cod In A Pot
1. Prepare kelp stock 1 to 3 hours in advance, using 2 quarts (2 liters) water.
2. Cut cod fillets diagonally into slices 1 inch (2 1/2 cm) wide. Soak in cold water while preparing vegetables. Drain and sprinkle cod with sake before arranging on a separate... - 37.9587
Cucumber Fish Appetizer
1) Chop the fish until it turns into fine paste.
2) In a bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and ginger.
3) Stir in the fish and let it stand for 1 hour.
4) Cut it lengthwise, scoop out the seeds and slice very thin.
5) Pour the fish... - 37.3459
Teriyaki Broiled Or Grilled Fish
Rinse the fish and set it aside.
In a saucepan, bring the soy sauce and grated ginger to a boil.
Strain it and discard the ginger.
In a bowl, combine the gingered soy sauce, wine, sugar, and minced garlic.
Place the fish in a bowl, pour the marinade over it,... - 36.8664
Iwashi No Tsumire Jiru
Remove the main bones from the sardines and clean them in salted water.
Dry on kitchen towels and chop into small pieces.
Put the sardines into a blender and blend until smooth.
Alternatively, pound in a mortar with a pestle until smooth.
Stir the miso paste,... - 36.8459
Combine marinade ingredients in small mixing bowl; whisk until blended.
Arrange fish steaks in a shallow dish; add marinade to cover.
Cover; marinate 30 to 60 minutes.
Drain; reserving marinade.
Preheat oven to Broil.
Arrange fish steaks on broiler pan.
Brush... - 36.5116
Fish And Vegetables In Foil
Wash fish, pat dry, and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and the rice wine or sherry.
Set aside while preparing shrimp.
Keeping the shrimp in their shells, slit the shells in the backs, and remove veins.
Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
Wash... - 36.3613
Breaded Fried Swordfish
1) Season the steaks with salt and pepper, lightly dust each piece with the flour, dip in the beaten egg and coat with the breadcrumbs.
2) In a suitable skillet, deep fry the steaks until golden, drain excess oil.
3) On... - 36.1507
Sea Steak Teriyaki
1) In a shallow pan, place the fish steaks in a single layer.
2) In a bowl, mix rest of the ingredients, spoon over the fish and marinate at room temperature for 1 hour, turning once.
3) Over a broiler pan, remove and place the fish steaks 3 inches... - 36.1021
Sardines Simmered In Ginger Sauce
1) Prepare the fish, rinse well, slice the sardines into two, if large in size.
2) In a wide, shallow skillet or pot, add the sardines, ginger, water, and other sauce ingredients, except the vinegar, blend well and... - 35.649
Grind or chop the fish very fine.
Blend in the salt, sugar, Ac'cent, cornstarch, and water.
Shape scant tablespoons of the mixture into balls or oblongs.
Heat the fat to 370° and fry the balls in it until golden brown.
Makes about 24.
Delicious as a... - 35.3933
One of the most popular and favored Japanese dish is the Maki sushi. The word 'maki' means 'roll' in Japanese because this dish is made up of fish rolled with rice and dried seaweed. There are many other Sushi types that will surely tickle your fancy. - 35.2791
Steamed Whole Fish
Have fish scaled and cleaned and head removed, if you prefer.
Lightly score the skin so seasonings will flavor the fish.
Combine salt, pepper, and ginger; rub on fish thoroughly.
Pour water into large frying pan or wok; add pickling spices, bay leaves,... - 34.8415
1) Combine bonito, kelp, and water and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
2) Strain the soup, season with salt, soy sauce, and monosodium glutamate.
3) In each soup bowl, arrange small slices of canned fish cake, a slice of fresh mushroom, boiled... - 34.0263
Miso Stuffed Trout
1. Scale, clean, and wash trout, leaving head and tail intact. To bone, open fish and insert knife above the backbone at the point closest to the head and run knife lengthwise along bone to release flesh. Repeat to release flesh on other side of bone. Head... - 33.9049
1. To make marinade, combine teriyaki sauce, honey, sherry, ginger and garlic.
2. Place fish fillets in a single layer in a shallow dish. Pour marinade over fish. Cover and marinate for 1 hour.
3. Place sesame seeds in a frying pan and cook over medium heat... - 33.5543
1) In a deep saucepan, heat about 3 inches oil to 350 °F for deep frying.
2) Dredge the fish and vegetable pieces in the tempura batter, drain, then coat lightly with the crushed potato chips.
3) Deep fry the fish and vegetables in batches for about... - 33.2288
Sashimi is a wonderful Japanese food that adds to the exotic nature of your dinner spread. The adventurous among you should definitely try this wonderful Sashimi recipe especially if you are planning a seafood themed dinner! - 32.896
Rolled Fish Omelette
Chop fish fine; mix with eggs, soy sauce, sugar, water, mirin (if sherry is substituted, add 1 1/2 tablespoons more sugar), salt to taste, and pepper.
Cook half of this mixture in pan on medium heat, turning to cook both sides.
Remove from pan; roll it up... - 32.4969
Combine soy sauce, sugar, oil, ginger, and garlic in a bowl.
Let fish fillets marinate in marinade for 3 to 4 hours.
After arranging fish on broiling pan, pour on a little of the marinade.
Broil 6 inches from heat for about 4 minutes.
Turn, add a little more... - 31.9136
Japanese Style Steamed Fish
In a large skillet place a large open steamer basket over 1 inch water.
Bring water to boiling, and then reduce heat to a simmer.
Carefully place fish on the steamer basket.
Top with lemon slices and chives, and then add mushrooms.
Steam for 8... - 31.4979
Japanese Boiled Bass
In Dutch oven, bring water to a rolling boil.
Add lemon juice and fish; return to boil.
Turn off heat, cover, and let fish stand in hot water 15 to 20 minutes, depending upon thickness of fish.
Drain, place on platter and season with salt and pepper.
Pour... - 29.9986
Combine all ingredients except fish in square baking dish, 8 x 8 inches.
Stir until blended.
Add fish, coating both sides.
Cover; refrigerate 1 hour.
Place fish fillets on roasting rack.
Microwave at HIGH (100%) until fish flakes easily in center with fork, 5... - 29.2564
Secondary Bonito Stock
1. In a small saucepan, combine water, bonito flakes, and kelp (lightly wipe with damp cloth and make 1/2-inch [1 1/2-cm] cuts with scissors at 1-inch [2 1/2-cm] intervals as in Primary Bonito Stock if using a new piece of kelp).
2. Bring to a soft boil over... - 28.9704
In a shallow 2-quart glass baking dish arrange fillets.
In a small bowl mix wine and teriyaki sauce.
Pour over fillets.
Sprinkle with green onions and basil.
Cover loosely with plastic warp.
Microwave on High for 8 to 9 minutes or until fish flakes easily,... - 28.942
Japanese Swimming Fish
Soak 8 bamboo skewers in hot water to cover for 30 minutes.
Wipe fish with a damp paper towel.
Thread 2 skewers lengthwise through each piece of fish, weaving skewers in and out of fish so fish looks slightly rippled space skewers 1 inch apart.
In a small... - 28.3363
In a shallow, 2 quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic baking dish combine soy sauce, sugar, ginger root, garlic, monosodium glutamate and sake.
Stir to combine well.
Place fish fillets in sauce mixture and marinate for one half hour.
Heat, uncovered, on full... - 28.0279
Sashimi With Soy Sauce
Wash the fillets and sprinkle them lightly with salt.
Cover and put into the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Remove the fish from the refrigerator and cut crosswise into bite-sized pieces.
Arrange the pieces either on one large serving dish or on individual... - 27.5897
Broiled Fish With Lemon Slices Or Tartar Sauce
Brush fish with oil and arrange oiled side down on rack in pan lined with foil, shiny side down.
Brush with oyster sauce.
Broil about 3 inches (8 cm) from heat for 5 minutes or until dark golden and fish flakes easily with fork.
Arrange fillets on heated... - 26.8967
Combine all ingredients except catfish.
Marinate fish in sauce for 1 hour.
Broil over charcoal, 5 minutes on each side, brushing occasionally with marinade. - 26.1666
Lemon Teriyaki Halibut Kabobs
1. Remove halibut skins and bones; cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes. Thread on 4 skewers. (If using wooden skewers, soak first in cold water for 30 minutes.) Arrange kabobs in shallow glass dish.
2. In a bowl combine teriyaki sauce, lemon zest and juice, oil... - 25.3538
Slice fish; arrange on platter along with greens.
Mix horseradish and soy sauce; dip the fish into sauce before eating.
If desired, freshly grated ginger may be substituted for the horseradish.
Capers may be used for garnish. - 25.3012
Teriyaki Fish Fillets
Combine teriyaki sauce with lemon juice and water.
Place fish in single layer in shallow baking pan; pour teriyaki mixture over fish and marinate 5 minutes on each side.
Bake fish in sauce in preheated 350°F. oven 10- 15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily... - 25.1209
Beat eggs, add water, and mix together.
Dip fish in egg mixture, then into bread or cracker crumbs.
Fry fish in heated oil until done.
Sprinkle with soy sauce to taste, and serve with rice, if desired. - 23.9816
Primary Bonito Stock
1. Do not wash kelp, since the white powder on the surface contains much of the flavor of the kelp. Instead, lightly wipe both sides of kelp with a damp cloth and make 1/2 -inch (1 1/2 -cm) cuts with scissors at 1-inch (2 1/2 -cm) intervals to release... - 23.2427
Sliced Raw Fish—sashimi
Slightly freeze the tuna to ease slicing.
Slice fillets into pieces 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick and 1 inch wide and place on individual plates. - 21.0574
Steamed Fish in Teriyaki Sauce - 18.4744
Easy Fish Teriyaki
Place fish on broiler; brush with soy sauce and oil.
Broil fish, turning frequently and basting with soy sauce, until fish flakes. - 16.9386
Japanese Fish Recipes By Category
Japanese Fish Ingredient: