Italian Lacto Ovo Vegetarian
- » Italian Lacto Ovo Vegetarian Appetizer
Italian Lacto Ovo Vegetarian Appetizer Recipes
Enjoy our collection of italian lacto ovo vegetarian appetizer recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for italian lacto ovo vegetarian appetizer recipes.
Pesto Flavored Cheese Loaf
Italian style food is always great! In this video, Janet demonstrates a pesto cheese loaf. A great dish which is low cal. Janet gives you all the nutritional facts on all the food being added and is great information to have! Watch and learn! - 132.368
Italian Asparagus Sticks
When it comes to a holiday party, vegetables are less exciting for kids as well as adults. But these Italian asparagus sticks are great as they are crunchy on the outside and kids love holding them and dipping them into red sauce. Weelicious hosts shows how... - 131.576
Homelike Organic Ricotta Cheese
Those who love making cheese at home should definitely try this recipe. The Chef uses organic milk and cream in the video. You can serve bread with the cottage cheese and garnish with olives and lemon - 130.655
Here is a quick solution for you, when you are in a fix about what to serve your unexpected guests. Also, this is a nice way to make your kids eat eggs, in case they don't like. Preparing the deviled eggs takes absolutely minimum time and within 15 minutes... - 129.987
Homemade Macaroni Salad
How many of you still like to pack a box of macaroni salad for your lunch at work? The cheesy and creamy macaroni salad is a hot favorite to all ages of people. So, here is the recipe for all of you. Watch and experiment with additional ingredients, if you... - 124.988
How To Make Pink Deviled Easter Eggs
Mama used to make colored deviled Eggs for us when we were Kids. It was something that she kind of stopped doing as we got older. This year, I decided to bring ‘em back. I reason that there’s no sense in stopping a perfectly great tradition just... - 120.047
Ranch Stuffed Eggs
Simple eggs that can be done in minutes. Using a gallon bag for piping and The Bag Holder fo a no mess snack. - 117.685
How To Make Homemade Goat Cheese
Super easy, economical and delicious! I'll also show you how to make Crostini with sweet glazed Balsamic Onions, topped off with our fresh, homemade Goat Cheese! - 114.04
Creamy Pasta And Vegetable Salad
If you are on the lookout for a healthy yet delicious salad recipe, then your search definitely ends here! Watch Lynn as she prepares the perfect pasta salad that is guaranteed to please your taste buds. - 112.911
Soul Satisfying Soup Can Pasta
This weekend, try something different with a pack of pasta. Betty whomps a delicious, hearty pasta soup that is full of flavor and fiber and makes for a perfect lunch or supper addition. Ready in just 30 minutes, this speedy, tasty soup will keep you... - 106.067
Cheese Salad - Greek And Italian Style
Looking for a salad recipe to try tonight? Watch the video, it has not one but two recipes of salad of Italian and Greek influence using their local cheese. They are simple yet delicious and perfect for a dinner side. - 105.893
Classic Italian Eggplant Rotini Stuffed With Ricotta Filling
A dual purpose vegetarian dish that can be served as an appetizer or as an entrée. Fresh eggplant breaded and rolled with a ricotta, sundried tomato and basil filling and slices of fresh mostadella cheese and baked to golden cheesy perfection, makes for an... - 102.096
Appeasing Super Bowl Mozzarella Sticks
Pump the super bowl fun with feisty mozzarella sticks. Easy to serve and make, this delicious appetizers set the perfect tone for heavy bingeing and boozing. Just fire up the grill and get making this yummy appetizers at home. - 101.396
Garlic Bread From The Scratch
When it comes to talking of that one dish that pleases just every palate, this is it. Garlic bread — the classic accompaniment is ideal for cocktail parties, casual get-togethers or anytime and goes well with any dish, be it chilli con carne, soups, salads... - 99.9774
Goat Cheese Crumbles
Here's a unique take on cheese appetizers. This video asks you to take some goat cheese crumbles and coat them with flour, egg and breadcrumbs in a step by step fashion. Once done, you can cook them straight away and serve them hot on table. Love 'em! - 83.2719
Italian Green Bean Salad
1) Cut beans into 1" pieces.
2) Cook beans in water, adding half of the salt and pepper, for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender.
3) Drain the beans and chill.
4) In a pan, add butter.
5) Saute onion in butter and cool.
6) Combine the rest of the... - 48.6383
Antipasto Style Vegetable Platter
1) Prepare Mushroom-and-Olive Relish, Mixed-Vegetable Relish and Marinated Artichoke Hearts a day before making this dish.
2) To prepare marinated follow package directions to cook artichoke.
3) Drain well.
4) Transfer into a large shallow... - 48.3615
1. Wash the broccoli and break into florets.
2. In a saucepan, bring salted water to a boil.
3. Place the florets in a steel colander and immerse the colander in the boiling water for 2 minutes to blanch the broccoli.
4. Remove the colander and... - 48.2663
Eggs Florentine With Orange And Dill Sauce
1) In a medium pot fill water and bring to a boil.
2) Add washed spinach. Cook and stir for 3 minutes
3) Drain in a colander.
4) Press down spinach with a bowl or plate directly to squeeze out the excess water from the leaves.
5) Cover and keep... - 48.1193
Mushroom And Olive Relish
1) Wash and pat dry mushrooms. Trim the stems. Leave it intact.
2) In a large saucepan add mushrooms with 2 cups water.
3) Boil, decrease heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
4) Drain out from water.
5) Arrange in large, shallow baking... - 48.0873
Caponata On Bruschetta
1) To prepare caponata put eggplant slices on paper towels.
2) Rub salt and keep aside for 15 minutes.
3) Pat dry to ask excess moisture.
4) With a knife chop eggplant, onion, celery and bell pepper into approximately 1/2-inch pieces.
5) In a heavy... - 47.9556
Bean Salad Vinaigrette
1) To prepare Vinaigrette Dressing, in a jar with tight-fitting lid add all ingredients. Shake vigorously.
2) Refrigerate the dressing until ready to use.
3) Shake again before using.
4) In a large bowl, mix vinaigrette dressing with chick peas,... - 47.6253
Leaf Artichokes With Mayonnaise
1. In large kettle, combine 6 quarts water with the oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
2. Place the kettle over heat. Boil.
3. Trim stalk from base of artichokes to get 1 inch slices.
4. Snip off spike ends and remove discolored... - 47.4428
Tomato And Pasta Timbales
1. Cook spaghettini in boiling salted water adding a dash of olive oil for about 10 minutes until tender-crisp.
2. Drain in a colander and set aside.
3. Grease four ramekins or soufflé molds with a little olive oil, and line base of each with ... - 46.8446
Celeriac Fritters With Caper And Rosemary Aioli
1) Making the rosemary oil: To a pan, add 2 sprigs of rosemary. Add oil enough to cover the sprigs. Heat over gentle flame for a few minutes only.
2) Remove from heat and let it cool for 30 mins. Strain the oil through a sieve into a jug. There... - 46.6311
Artichoke Hearts With Mushrooms
1) Use a sharp stainless-steel knife to cut off the artichoke stems, one by one.
2) Tear off all the outer leaves by bending them back.
3) Slice off the inner leaves about two-thirds of the way down, flush with the top of the choke.
4) Form a... - 46.0422
1. In a food processor bowl, place the Parmesan cheese, cut into 1-inch pieces, and process with the metal blade until finely grated. Keep aside.
2. With a knife, or using the slicing disc of a food processor, cut the eggplant into medium... - 46.0285
Asparagus Appetizer Salad
1. If using fresh asparagus, wash stalks thoroughly in cold tap water , scrubbing lightly to with a vegetable brush if gritty.
2. Clean and trim the stalks, removing the woody base
3. Snap the stalks at the point where the tender part begins.... - 45.6293
Roasted Tomato Tartlets
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F before baking the tarts.
2. To make the dough for the tarts, in a large mixing bowl, combine sifted flour, sesame seeds, and salt.
3. Add egg and olive oil and mix quickly but thoroughly with your hands to... - 45.3469
Mushroom Soup With Parmesan
Heat butter and oil together in a large saucepan.
Saute onion and garlic until onion is tender.
Cook for 5 minutes.
Stir in tomato paste.
Cook, stirring, 1 minute.
Blend in stock, vermouth and seasonings.
Simmer for 10 minutes.
Beat together... - 44.8777
Italian Stuffed Mushrooms
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Follow the directions on the package to cook the spinach. Drain thoroughly once cooked.
3) From the mushrooms, remove the steams and set aside.
4) In a skillet, heat the oil and half of... - 44.8731
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) Rinse the zucchini thoroughly and chop off the ends.
3) In a pan, boil the zucchini in salted water for 5 minutes.
4) Halve the zucchini lengthwise and gently scoop out the pulp with a spoon.
5) In a... - 44.8074
Sweet Dijon Pasta Salad
1. In a pan add water and cook pasta as per the package directions, thereafter drain, rinse using cold water and keep aside the pasta.
2. In a small bowl, combine yoghurt, mayonnaise, honey, mustard, cumin and salt to blend well.
3. Take another medium... - 44.7964
Pesto Party Squares
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. Place the crackers in a zip lock plastic bag and seal.
3. Use a rolling pin to finely crush the crackers.
4. In a mixing bowl, stir the cracker crumbs with butter.
5. Turn the mixture into a 9-inch x... - 44.7796
Eggs Poached In Wine
1) In a saucepan, add the wine, onions, garlic, thyme, bay leaf, salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste, if desired.
2) Bring the mixture to a boil, then simmer over a low heat for 15 minutes.
3) In a small cup, crack each egg and slide them into the wine... - 44.7466
Zuppa Di Asparagi
Adapted from Singing Chef Pasquale Cookery Show on PBS Canada. - 44.0703
Mushroom Soup Peasant Style
In a large saucepot heat olive oil until hot.
Add mushrooms and garlic.
Saute for 3 minutes.
Stir in beef broth, tomatoes, Tuscan peppers, marjoram and oregano.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
Remove from heat.
Combine eggs... - 44.0531
Green And Gold Salad
1) In a small saucepan, add cheese and milk to combine.
2) Chop the eggs in coarse pieces and place aside.
3) Place the saucepan, over low heat.
4) Cook the cheese mixture by stirring until cheese melts.
5) Sprinkle onion flakes and... - 43.7992
1) Set your oven to preheat at 375F.
2) Use tartlet tins to line with thinly rolled dough. Place this inside the refrigerator.
3) In a bowl, combine eggs, flour, salt, pepper, cream, cheese and spinach to beat well.
4) In the prepared... - 43.0126
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F
2. Line a ring mold with waxed or butter paper.
3. Finely chop the cooked broccoli.
4. In a bowl, combine the broccoli with the mayonnaise and keep aside.
5. In a saucepan, melt the butter over a low... - 43.0073
Italian Pasta And Bean Soup
oat a Dutch oven with cooking spray; add oil and place over medium-high heat.
Add onion and next 3 ingredients; saute until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Add vegetable broth and next 7 ingredients; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20... - 42.865
In mixing bowl combine biscuit mix, mushrooms, onion, pimiento, salt, and celery seed.
Mix together egg yolk and sour cream; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
Beat egg white to stiff peaks; gently fold into mushroom mixture.
In heavy saucepan or... - 42.7063
Tuscany Pasta Toss
1. In a deep saucepan, cook fettuccine to desired doneness as directed on package. This will take about 7 to 10 minutes. Drain well.
2. As the fettuccine cooks, in large serving bowl, mix tomatoes, chopped basil, mushrooms, oil, vinegar, garlic, salt... - 42.6209
Creamy Gnocchi Alla Romana
Pour the milk into a saucepan.
Add the semolina, salt, pepper and butter.
Stir continuously over a low heat until the mixture comes to the boil and thickens.
Continue to simmer until the mixture is very thick; anything from 5 to 7 minutes.
Stir frequently to... - 42.5728
1 Place the milk and garlic in a pan and bring to the boil.
2 Sprinkle in the semolina, stirring all the time, and bring back to the boil.
Season with salt and pepper and nutmeg and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
Remove from the heat.
3 Mix in the egg yolk, half... - 42.4906
Creamy Italian Pasta Salad
1. In a large bowl, add and mix mayonnaise, vinegar, garlic, basil, salt and black pepper to make the dressing.
2. Add pasta, tomatoes, bell pepper and olives and mix well.
3. Serve after chilling with cover. - 41.8475
Chicory Prune And Blue Cheese Pizzettas
1. On a lightly floured work surface thinly roll out the pastry, using a bowl or plate as a guide cut out 6 x 12cm circles.
2. In a large bowl mix the cheese and prunes.
3. Heat oven to 220C
4. On 2 large baking sheets place the pastry... - 41.8352
Deep-fried Sage Leaves
Wash and dry the sage leaves.
Mash the capers with the anchovy paste and spread this mixture onto the darker green sides of 12 of the sage leaves.
Press another sage leaf on top of the filling to form a sandwich.
To make the batter, lightly whisk the egg and... - 41.8227
Asparagus Appetizer Salad
1) Take a bowl and combine French dressing, chives, parsley, mayonnaise, cider vinegar, and pickle relish.
2) Combine well and let it chill in refrigerator.
3) Take salad plates, arrange asparagus stalks, slices of egg on salad greens, and... - 41.3671
1. Wash peppers; drain well.
2. Place peppers on rack over broiler pan; broil, 4 inches from heat, until peppers become blistered and charred—about 15 minutes. With tongs, turn peppers every 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Place hot peppers in a large plastic bag. Let... - 41.238
In a bowl, beat eggs.
Add the cheeses, salsa, salt and pepper; mix well.
Roll out pastry into a 12-in circle on a foil-lined baking sheet.
Spread with cheese mixture to within 1 in of edge.
Fold edge of pastry over outer edge of filling.
Bake at 400° for... - 40.6527
This Minestrone Cortonese recipe is absolutely delightful and perfect for pepping up those weekend family dinners. Enjoy this Italian soup with this wonderful Minestrone Cortonese recipe! - 40.512
Gnocchi Alla Romana
1. Heat milk in a sauce pan and bring to the boil. Stir in semolina with half the butter, salt and pepper with a wooden spoon to prevent lumps forming. Cook over low heat until the mixture comes to the boil and thickens. Continue to stir and cook until the... - 39.3654
Fruit And Pasta Refresher
1. In a pan add water, cook the pasta as per package directions and drain well after rinsing in cold water.
2. In a large bowl, stir together pasta, fruit, celery, yogurt, mayonnaise and ginger.
3. Serve after garnishing with parsley and... - 38.0802
Red Potatoes With Gorgonzola Cream Bacon And Walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 400°. Place the walnuts on a baking sheet and roast for about 5 minutes, until fragrant and lightly toasted. Let cool, then chop coarsely and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, using a fork, combine the sour cream and Gorgonzola until well... - 37.8186
Citrus Pasta Salad
The citrus pasta salad is just what you need for your special candlelight dinner. Surprise your man with this yummy combo that is very simple and quick to make. Try it out and enjoy a wonderful evening that is all about love and romance. - 37.5954
Spinach, Green Pea & Ricotta Gnocchi
1. Steam or microwave spinach until tender. Drain and squeeze to remove excess liquid. Set aside.
2. Boil, steam or microwave peas until tender. Dram and combine with spinach. Chop mixture finely.
3. Place spinach mixture and ricotta in a saucepan. Season to... - 37.0666
Green Heaven In A Pot
Cook artichoke hearts as directed on the label.
Drain and dice.
Wash green onions and cut fine, including tops.
Divide artichokes and onions among 4 small ramekins.
Break an egg into each.
Pour cream over eggs, season with salt and pepper to taste, and... - 36.8917
Eggs Baked In Tomatoes
Without peeling cut off tops of tomatoes; remove seeds.
Place tomato shells in shallow greased casserole and sprinkle with oil, salt, and pepper.
Break 1 egg into each tomato.
Sprinkle a little more oil, salt, pepper, and some of the oregano on each egg.
Bake... - 36.6344
Eggplant Cookies With Goat Cheese And Tomato Basil Sauce
1. In a medium saucepan, heat 2 teaspoons of the oil. Add the garlic and shallot and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened but not browned, about 1 minute. Add the tequila and red wine and cook until almost completely absorbed, about 1 minute.... - 35.7906
The Caesar Tortellini is the perfect salad to toss for unexpected lunch company. A healthy and easy to make dish, it would ne done in a jiffy. Surprise your guests with this delicious salad that can be made in minutes. - 35.7232
Skinny Macaroni Salad
1) Combine together the pasta, onions, tomatoes, basil, garlic, oil, pepper and vinegar in a large bowl.
2) Cover the bowl and allow the mixture to stand at room temperature for a minimum of 30 minutes so that the flavors can mix well.
3)... - 35.2941
Tangy Garlic Tortellini Salad
In small bowl, combine all ingredients except pasta and vegetables. In medium bowl, combine pasta and vegetables; mix lightly. Add dressing; toss lightly to coat. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes. Garnish as desired. - 34.374
Gnocchi With Herb Sauce
1. Cook gnocchi in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions. Drain and keep warm.
2. To make sauce, place parsley, sage, basil, pine nuts and Parmesan cheese in a food processor or blender and process until combined. Add mayonnaise, stock... - 34.2264
Marinated Artichoke Hearts
1) Follow package directions to cook artichoke.
2) Drain well.
3) Transfer into a large shallow dish to cool completely.
4) Pour salad dressing over artichokes and toss.
5) Refrigerate overnight to chill.
6) Stir several times before serving. - 34.0521
Italian Pasta Salad
1. In a large bowl and mix together ingredients such that they are blended well.
2. Serve chill. - 33.6707
1) Heat the oil till it hits a temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Combine together 2/3 cup of the cheese, egg whites and cayenne. Mix well.
3) Roll the mixture into small balls. Dust your hands with the remaining cheese instead of flour... - 33.5811
Spiral Pasta Salad
1. Cook pasta in boiling water in a large saucepan. Drain, rinse under cold running water and set aside to cool completely.
2. Place pasta, sun-dried tomatoes, artichokes, sun-dried or roasted capsicums (peppers), olives, basil, Parmesan cheese, oil and... - 33.3288
Fried Polenta With Gorgonzola
1. In a medium saucepan, bring 3 cups of water to a boil over high heat. Add the salt. Gradually stir in the polenta and cook, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes. Pour the polenta onto a lightly greased baking sheet and shape it into a square about 1 inch... - 32.1073
1. Mix the dried egg, flour and sugar in a basin, then blend in the water to make a smooth cream.
2. Slowly heat the milk and vanilla pod or vanilla essence in a small saucepan just to boiling point. Remove the vanilla pod, if using, then slowly whisk the... - 30.5666
1. Blend cheeses and butter to a smooth paste in a food processor or blender. Stop machine to scrape down mixture while blending if required.
2. Chill paste until firm.
3. Roll into 3A inch balls.
4. Roll in crumbs, coating completely.
5. Serve on cocktail... - 30.0015